Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Why Are You An Atheist? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are You An Atheist? (14532 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by onetrack(m): 8:57am On Aug 15, 2014
Fynestboi:

if i may ask you. How do a car come into existence?

Poor analogy. We know how a car comes into existence. We don't know how the universe came into existence--maybe it has always existed. Even if there was a creator, we would not know if this creator still exists, cares about the universe, or even knows of the world's existence.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:58am On Aug 15, 2014
Weah96:

Are you saying that you don't know which definition of God we've been talking about this entire time? Is it so difficult to infer that fact from the replies you've read here?
If you sabi lie and deceive like this while carrying God on your head, I'm afraid to even contemplate what you'll do without the load. Keep your delusion, stay away from me. This is a friendly discussion, it didn't have to come down to infantile lies.

guy this post you quoted was not meant for you. And while you quoted it, your input does not address anything in it.

Try again later pls.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Sennard(m): 9:03am On Aug 15, 2014
onetrack:

The earth could 'divide' due to natural forces. Thunder claps are also natural.

What would impress me? If god himself came down and was able to stop time itself (except for myself), in other words I could move around while everything else is frozen. That would be impressive. Or if this god came down and, on command, created a genuine snowstorm in Lagos, with several inches of snow over the entire city, while the temperature remains as it normally is. Not hail, but snow. I'd probably be convinced by that.
cool,you want all these things to confirm that God exists.keep looking for it goodluck to you bro.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:27am On Aug 15, 2014
Mazaje is doing everything to shout me down. You desperatin to bring me down only expose how silly you are. (I am sorry for those words, I cant afford but to say it out)

now I am left with a little space because of epistle. So permit me to quote you in different posts.

mazaje:

I repeat I gave you the dictionary definition of god, you refuse to accept it you now say that I should go to wiki where it says god is a mere personification of elements, which is actually a lie because god according to wiki is: God is often conceived as the Supreme Being and principal object of faith. The concept of God as described by theologians commonly includes the attributes of omniscience (infinite knowledge), omnipotence (unlimited power), omnipresence (present everywhere), omnibenevolence (perfect goodness), divine simplicity, and eternal and necessary existence. In theism, God is the creator and sustainer of the universe, while in deism, God is the creator (but not the sustainer) of the universe. Monotheism is the belief in the existence of one God or in the oneness of God. In pantheism, God is the universe itself. In atheism, God is purported not to exist, while deemed unknown or unknowable within the context of agnosticism. God has also been conceived as being incorporeal (immaterial), a personal being, the source of all moral obligation, and the "greatest conceivable existent".[1] Many notable medieval philosophers and modern philosophers have developed arguments for and against the existence of God

Where does it mention personification of elemenst you shameless lair?. . .You have been lying all over the place. . .From islam claims humans are god, to jainism believe that the universe is god, now to wiki defining god as a personification of elements. . .You are shameless. . .

Guy did you missed the bold part? And if you read down the page, you would see PERSONIFICATION as a sub-subject. Why have you chosen to ignore that?

Well, I am not here to define any God for you. In the first instance on this thread, I asked you to define God and all you could provide is a fictitioner character you created out of your head just to have yourself disbelieving.

I asked you questions on what you defined but you chose to ignore that. You are here bringing a dictinary. Not only that, you are cherry picking what the dictionary contains.

Did you not find Mentors refer t as God in the dictionary?

Did you not find someone adhere, honor or revere refer as God in the dictionary?

Did you not see an art gallery being refer to as God in the dictinary?

Now do you choose to disbelieve in the existence of God when one mentor, someone revere or adhere as God?

The nonsense you presented as definition contain lot of things I do not understand.

What is supernatural being. Does that mean fela who I ahere so much as my God is a superman?

Who told you supernatural being created the universe?

Your definition appears as Deistic conception. Does this mean you choose to disbelieve in deistic concept of God?

This is what I asked of you. . . . . .turning the table around only make you silly.

If you cant provide answer here, let me know
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:48am On Aug 15, 2014
mazaje:
All the crazy talk just to satisfy your delusion that the bible accepts your lies about god being energy, so far you are yet to come close or point to any where it suggests so. . .All you are doing is reading and inputing your own lies and delusion into the bible and trying to force it to accept your idea that god is energy. . .Where does the bible say that god is energy, show it or remain a lair. . .

You are becoming more and more silly.

Because I cant find the word grandfather or boyfriend in the bible does not mean there is no expression in the bible having meaning with the word grandfather or boyfriend.

You can keep denying all you like. Bible is not physics textbook where you would find energy. This is the same way you cant find biological cell or organism because it is not a biological textbook.

I have explained how God is energy.

Human are God, we are made up of energy. Energy is God.

Word said is a sound energy, word is God, energy is God.

God is love. . . . .love is an electro-chemical reaction. It is an energy. It is God.

If you expect to find love is energy in the bible, then you go ahead with your silliness.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:24am On Aug 15, 2014
mazaje:
So the god of the bible is now sound energy?. . .Are you that deluded?. . The voice of god according to the bible is now god?. . .The word in John 1:1 simply means god's message. But as some one that is forcefully trying to turn the bible god into his own god you anything will be said by you, waiting for you to bring verses from the koran that also claimns god is energy. . .You are deluded. . .

You silliness has no limit bro.

The bible does not say the word is god but God. I know very soon you will start telling me God is not god.

Let me again explain how the word is a sound energy.

In the beginning was the word, the world was created out of it and the word was God.

The lord said (p.t of say). . . . .out of this the world was created.

How can you say something without a voice?

How can you make a voice without a sound?

A word said is can be seen as a word but on the realsitic sense, it is blend of sound waves and the movement of it energetic frequency.

All I see here is sound energy. . . .it has been from the beginning, from it transofrmation comes everything.

In the big bang, when the singularity exploded, was there no sound? Is the sound not an energy?

You can choose to see it from theological sense, that word spoken is God. There is no way you can utter a word without making sound.

mazaje:
Where does the bible call humans God? The bible says ye are gods. . .It does not say ye are God. . .Why are you just lying any how?. . .You have no shame. . .

Exodus 22:28, in American Standard Version, King James 2000 Bible, GOD'S WORD® Translation, NET Bible, International Standard Version, Holman Christian Standard Bible and New American Standard Bible, English Standard Version, New Living Translation and so many other translations uses the word God in place of judges.

Are we not going to judge the angels?

Are we not God?

Your stupidity to day makes you argue against gods as different God. I will look forward to the day you will take them as one.

What bffles me again, are you disbeliving in God and not gods?

Your stupidity is alarming.

mazaje:
After exposing your lies you are now telling me to get a commentary?. . .The verse is very clear, it says do not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of they people. . .No where does it say rulers are gods, the comma there clearly differentiates between the rulers and the gods, no where does it even state that the rulers are god. . . but as some one making things up, anything goes for you. . .You are deluded and shameless. . .

The God there is judges. . . .and the revile of the God extend to rulers.

Guy read the commentary. . . .God there is human.

Do you disbelieve in the existence of Human because we are called God?

mazaje:
Where does the bible say that there are many God in heaven and on earth?. . .Show me where it says there are many God in heaven. .The bible always makes a distinction between gods and God .You deliberately spin things just to satisfy your delusion. . .I actually thought that islam is the only religion that tries to steal other people's god and turn it into their. . Now here is another deluded African trying to claim that the bible god is his own energy god idea. . . grin grin

Lol.

Elohim in many places is translated as God. Elohim is not a single person but many Gods.

Deal with that. . . . . .

mazaje:
ou know someone that explains it that way?. . .Is that now your defense?. . .What am I supposed to do with what you know which is just a pack of lies. . .I have given you the standard christian definition of god accroding to christian theology and you are here telling me that you know someone that describes the christian god as energy?. grin grin. .So far you have been lying all over, from islam says people are god, to jainism saying that the universe is god to christianity saying that god is energy. . .You are more deluded than I thought. . .

This is not the issue on groung. You are the bent to deny everything I have. You are the one denying everything tag as God.

I wonder if atheism is the disbelieve in God and not gods anymore.

You are in position to tell me if human who are called God is not existing.

You are the one to tell me if you only disbelieve in only God and not gods.

Lets see how you deal with that.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:15am On Aug 15, 2014
finofaya:

I'm good man. You?

I am good too. Thanks

finofaya:
Well, agnosticism is not the position that we do not know what God is, but rather it states that God's existence is unknown. So as far as a definition of God is concerned, it is no less vague than theism or atheism or others.

If you believe that the reasons for atheism are clear, then you must know what the atheist means by God. Otherwise the reasons for atheism could, to you, be practically the same as the reasons for theism, or pacifism, or circumcision or even for wearing native on Friday.

While the pastor is speaking of one God, atheism speaks of any possible God. It is not practical to define all possible Gods before disbelieving them. It is enough to say that we are here by accident.

You got me wrong here man.

God is broad and mean lot of things to lot of people. Agnostic actually do not know if Gd exist or not. It is very hard to pinpoint them to a specific God unless there is an explanation of which God is been refer to specifically.

Atheist claim to disbelieve in God/god/gods/deity/supernatural beings. This is a conclusive statement unlike agnostism. In this regard, they mean to inform others that they know what God is, what it take to exist and have found out that God doesnt exist. This is 3 cases here.

So to say, it is good to ask atheist what is God. At least this would help me understand their position better.

The questions:

- What is God. If atheist choose to disbelieve in the existence of all God, does this include Human that are view as God in some religion?

- What is existence? Does this mean something we can only perceive with our senses? Knowledge does not even exist. . . . .Sometimes ago, I read a thread where I learnt that we dont even exist. This is a subject entirely which would need a separate thread. . . .in reality, when can we say something exist? If they make me know what existence is, I might blend it with there definition of God and make justice.

- what do they put together. More like reasons twhy they concluded God doesn exist. Something related to this thread. But all I find here is confusion, hatred and irreligiousity. It appears lot do not know difference between not been religious and disbelieving in God. Some just hate the word God while the other rest cant provide logical reasons for there disbelieve. It not about just disbelieve or believe, it is about knowing your ground which you stand.

finofaya:
Do you attribute all of existence, or our existence at least, to an act of Fela? An atheist does not believe that Fela is God. If Fela is not God, and no other thing is God, then God does not exist. Fela is free to exist.

No No brother

From the definition of God, fela fit in.

He is person I adhere, honour and venerate so much. He is my God. I am devoted to his music and philosophy.

I idolize him, keeping his pictures on the top of my bed. I want to live like him.

This fit into a definition of God.

Will an atheist disbelieve in the existence of Fela my God?

God is love. . . . . .would atheist disbelieve in the existence of Love?

Someone once said on this thread that God is creator, does this mean bird creating a nest is God. Will such person disbelieve in the existence of God?

I can label anything as God. It depend on how I explain what I mean. If atheist disbelieve in all possible god, then they disbelieve that anything label as God does exist.

This is very simple.

finofaya:
And why does your belief or disbelief depend on "how you define God"? You shouldn't wait for a definition, according to the demand you are making here.

Lol

atheist on this forum http://atheism.about.com/od/whatisgod/ understand a God must be define before there can be evaluation.

This is very simple man, I am not here to make a fight with anyone. Atheists are free to believe or disbelieve. But I think when they bring ths to the public, they should at least tell us their stance, define each word and make us understand them better.

Cases like this expose the hell of atheism. Platteon is the only one I find here making lot of sense, the rest are just noisemakers. . . .they know nothing. I was once reading astrology in the bible and it is said that Jesus is Sun. I then asked plaetton if he believe Jesus exist not in historical essense but in astrological essense. At this point, he admitted Jesus exist. When I throw it at other atheists, I received many insults.

If an atheist cannot define their stance, it will only lead to endless and meaningless discussion.

So an atheist must define what he/she disbelieve so there would be proper evaluation.

I have a thread addressing a topic like this. . . . . .but I wish to bring here.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by frank317: 11:36am On Aug 15, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Because I cant find the word grandfather or boyfriend in the bible does not mean there is no expression in the bible having meaning with the word grandfather or boyfriend.

You can keep denying all you like. Bible is not physics textbook where you would find energy. This is the same way you cant find biological cell or organism because it is not a biological textbook.

God is love. . . . .love is an electro-chemical reaction. It is an energy. It is God.

If you expect to find love is energy in the bible, then you go ahead with your silliness.

I am beginning to think think that you like arguing for the sake of argument. You cant pretend you dont know why many atheist who were once christians or muslims disbelieve in the existence of God. shouldn't it be clear to you that they just think that what they have been made to believe in the past is false and does not just make sense to them especially when they deeply think it through (something the holy books has asked theists not to do)

i wonder what you really want to hear here. the problem here is not even about the definition of God, i dont know why that is a bother to you. I think what atheist as against is the fact that one religion claims to be the source to the creator of the world, saying all other religions are false, claiming that all have sinned, claiming that morality is from 'their' God, claimining that an all loving God will roast in hell for not believing in some words written in the book, acting holier than thou when it is obvious that no one is perfect, the deceit in religious houses and how backward religion has made our society become. Atheist are against the contradictions in the bible and quran, the misconception and confusion brought about by these contradictions, the stories in the holy books that makes no sense that people are forced to believe, the violence and waste of human lives religion (especially foreign ones) has brought upon us.

why are you speaking of the definition of God like it is all that matters... if God is energy, will energy burn people in hell?

do you think if God was just the definition that you gave above and that is all that he is with out one religion claiming monopoly of knowledeg of him, without talking about hell and how jealous he is, without the muslems forcing people to behave in a particular way.... do you think if it were just about seeing God as energy(or what ever you think he is) atheist would have been here arguing day and night?

now that you have successful defined your God, does that stop atheists from rejecting the fact that he will burn us in hell or punish us for not believing in him?

what do you really want here?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Fynestboi: 11:51am On Aug 15, 2014
Poor analogy? Point out anything in this world without a production(created) trait
onetrack:

Poor analogy. We know how a car comes into existence. We don't know how the universe came into existence--maybe it has always existed. Even if there was a creator, we would not know if this creator still exists, cares about the universe, or even knows of the world's existence.

if this is coming out from you then you arent an atheist but panetheism. Only a dumb person claims to be an atheist.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by TheBigUrban2: 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Guy, I have had enough of your ridiculous assertions.

Saying that God is energy doesnt help your case. It only shows that your God has no existence on its own. Your God has to hang on scientific terms such as "energy" to exist. Your God has no innate characteristics at all.

We know what energy is. We know the difference between energy and a vaccuum. We know the energy is defined by power/force.

What uniquely defines your God?

4 Likes

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by TheBigUrban2: 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
Fynestboi: Poor analogy? Point out anything in this world without a production(created) trait

God?

Ironically, you have stated the very reason why it is hard to believe God exists. Everything has a cause or creator but then, your God is defined as something that has no creator. Ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by malvisguy212: 1:29pm On Aug 15, 2014
traware: I experienced the Christians vs Moslems February 2000 riot in Kaduna state and I couldn't come to terms with the atrocities that were committed by both sides and the attitude both sides possessed after the riot(No side wanted to claim responsibility for their actions they instead, preferred pointing fingers)I also began wondering why and how a people who their God told not to kill other human beings,slaughtered other human beings like they were chickens/rams.I also wondered why if there was really a God,why didn't 'he' stop the atrocities from occurring?Why did bad things happen and why didn't this 'almighty' and 'all powerful' God do anything to stop them?WW 1 and 2?Atomic bomb drop on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?The Khmer rouge?The Rwanda genocide?Questions...questions...back then,the internet wasn't as readily available as it is today so I had to do everything the hard way...believe me,it wasn't an easy journey but I slowly and painfully came to realize there was no 'God' anywhere only we humans.It will be twelve years this November I became a full-fledged atheist.The journey continues...
if you truly experience the crisis in kaduna state, then you will never say this nonsense,you know nothin my friend.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by UrbanMystique: 1:40pm On Aug 15, 2014
I'm an atheist cos I love thinking rationally and applying logic to everything someone presents to me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by onetrack(m): 1:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
Fynestboi: Poor analogy? Point out anything in this world without a production(created) trait

if this is coming out from you then you arent an atheist but panetheism. Only a dumb person claims to be an atheist.

I am not a panentheist because in my personal opinion there is no god.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Weah96: 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2014
Fynestboi:

The bible you're waving around was also compiled by mammals, and not even recent ones. That's how the fictional God could create plants and light BEFORE making stars. Have you seen plants survive without light? LOL.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Weah96: 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
Fynestboi:

really? Theory of evolution propounded by "mere mortal" a scam theory.

The bible you're waving around was also compiled by mammals, and not even recent ones. That's how the fictional God could create plants and light BEFORE making stars. Have you seen plants survive without light? LOL.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Guy, I have had enough of your ridiculous assertions.

Saying that God is energy doesnt help your case. It only shows that your God has no existence on its own. Your God has to hang on scientific terms such as "energy" to exist. Your God has no innate characteristics at all.

We know what energy is. We know the difference between energy and a vaccuum. We know the energy is defined by power/force.

What uniquely defines your God?

I dont know where the problem I have with you lie.

I am serious about this.

The logic boy that I wake up as early as 4am to read his post is not you.

What has come over you dude?

Till you tell me, I wont take any of your post serious. Belief me.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Fynestboi: 2:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

God?

Ironically, you have stated the very reason why it is hard to believe God exists. Everything has a cause or creator but then, your God is defined as something that has no creator. Ridiculous.

Every have a cause? If everything have a cause then there must be a cause causer where every cause comes from. I
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by TheBigUrban2: 2:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

I dont know where the problem I have with you lie.

I am serious about this.

The logic boy that I wake up as early as 4am to read his post is not you.

What has come over you dude?

Till you tell me, I wont take any of your post serious. Belief me.

undecided
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 2:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

You silliness has no limit bro.

The bible does not say the word is god but God. I know very soon you will start telling me God is not god.

Let me again explain how the word is a sound energy.

In the beginning was the word, the world was created out of it and the word was God.

The lord said (p.t of say). . . . .out of this the world was created.

How can you say something without a voice?

How can you make a voice without a sound?

A word said is can be seen as a word but on the realsitic sense, it is blend of sound waves and the movement of it energetic frequency.

All I see here is sound energy. . . .it has been from the beginning, from it transofrmation comes everything.

In the big bang, when the singularity exploded, was there no sound? Is the sound not an energy?

You can choose to see it from theological sense, that word spoken is God. There is no way you can utter a word without making sound.

Brother you are just every where. . .What exactly is your point that Yahweh is the same as humans or that Yahweh is energy. . .I want you to clearly define what your position is. . .I notice you take things, create your own ideas on them and run away trying to force your ideas into them. . .Example the bible talks about Yahweh being the beginning and the end, you rushed to say that means Yahweh is energy because energy can neither be created or destroyed, sure energy can neither be created or destroyed but energy can be converted and changed from one form to another, Yahweh according to the bible does not change so how does Yahweh equate to energy?. . .

Exodus 22:28, in American Standard Version, King James 2000 Bible, GOD'S WORD® Translation, NET Bible, International Standard Version, Holman Christian Standard Bible and New American Standard Bible, English Standard Version, New Living Translation and so many other translations uses the word[b] God in place of judges[/b].

Are we not going to judge the angels?

Are we not God?

Are you now a christian?. . .What are you saying brother?. You are going to judge which angle? Where? grin. .Are you mad?. . .

You have made yet another false statement here is the passge from the King James version:

Exo 22:28 Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.

Exo 22:28 Thou shalt not revile God, nor curse a ruler of thy people. American Standard Bible

Exo 22:28 “You must not dishonor God or curse any of your rulers. New Living translation. . .

Where does it say rulers are god in these two versions my brother?. . .Why are you making things up?. . .Where does it replace judges with god?. . .What are you saying?. . .Are you drunk?. . .I tire for you ohh my brother. . .

Your stupidity to day makes you argue against gods as different God. I will look forward to the day you will take them as one.

What bffles me again, are you disbeliving in God and not gods?

Your stupidity is alarming.

grin grin grin. . .There is a difference between the meanings of the two words, yes. 'God' (with a capital) means the one deity in the monotheistic religion in question, while 'gods' (without a capital and s) is a common noun that refers to any deity or dieties from any religion or set of religions. For example, if I say 'I think God is great!', I'm talking about one specific deity or supreme being, and it is specifically in a monotheistic religion. However, if I say 'Are all gods as important as Shiva or Zeus?' I might mean all the hindu deities or geek dieties, and if I say 'Are all gods as nasty as Allah?' I probably mean all the pantheon of gods from all religions because Allah is the only god in his given religion (Islam).
Does that make it clear enough for you?

The God there is judges. . . .and the revile of the God extend to rulers.

Guy read the commentary. . . .God there is human.

Do you disbelieve in the existence of Human because we are called God?

I have caught you lying and making things up again brother. . .You are yet to show me any bible translation that uses the word judges. . .I have given you the different translations from the different English versions you claimed used judges but no used any judge any where. . .Why are you making things up na?. . .I tire for you. . .

Lol.

Elohim in many places is translated as God. Elohim is not a single person but many Gods.

Deal with that. . . . . .

Still doesn't mean that Yahweh is energy. . .Or that Yahweh is the same thing as humans. . .You are yet to bring any bible verse that shows that. . .

This is not the issue on groung. You are the bent to deny everything I have. You are the one denying everything tag as God.

I wonder if atheism is the disbelieve in God and not gods anymore.

You are in position to tell me if human who are called God is not existing.

You are the one to tell me if you only disbelieve in only God and not gods.

Lets see how you deal with that.

Brother, the thing is that you are just making things up. . .There are different definition of god , theism definition of god is different from deism G and pantheism for example. . God means a very differnt thinkg to the theist, pantheist or deist. . . .In pantheism god could be defined as energy, but in a mono theistic religion like christianity and Islam god is a supreme being who created the universe and controls everything among other things. . .I gave you the standard christian definition of what god is which is what this thread is all about you refused to accept it by intially saying I made it up after a while you dismissed it by trying to say you know some one who believes that Yahweh the god of christianity is energy. . .What exactly is your point?. . .Now you are rushing to claim that the bible defines god as energy. . .Pls can you show me that?. . Why are you making things up?. . .I am tired of your lies, spin and outright craziness. . .You just take things and start running commentaries on them, example jainism says the universe is eternal, but according to you jainism says the universe is god. . .What are you on about na my man?. . .

1 Like

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by TheBigUrban2: 2:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
Fynestboi:

Every have a cause? If everything have a cause then there must be a cause causer where every cause comes from. I

Wrong. That is a contradiction.

1)everything has a cause
2)the God creator has no cause

1) and 2) are contradictory

1 Like

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Fynestboi: 2:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
Weah96:

combined by mammals with clear evident of been perfect nothing in it has not been fulfilled.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Fynestboi: 2:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
onetrack:

I am not a panentheist because in my personal opinion there is no god.

in you opinion no god? How do u come about this knowledge?
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 2:35pm On Aug 15, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Brother are you mad?. . .Why must i accept what the definition of god is?. . .You are a pantheist and not a theist. . .Your god is energy fine. . .That is your problem. . .I am not talking about your energy god religion here. . .So because humans are made up of energy that means humans are god?. . .Even my car parked outside has potential energy does that make it god?. . .Are you mad?. . .To you everything that has energy is god. . Good for you, but that is you own opinion and idea. . .Stop trying to force people to accept it. . .You just take things make them up and claim that is what the bible is saying. . .Stop talking about the god of the bible because he is not your ridiculous energy god. . The word energy is not even in the bible. . .All you have done so far is just reinvent things give them your own personal meaning and claim others must accept it. . .You are crazy. . .

6 Likes

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Weah96: 2:35pm On Aug 15, 2014
Fynestboi:

combined by mammals with clear evident of been perfect nothing in it has not been fulfilled.

You're joking right?

1 Like

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by TheBigUrban2: 2:37pm On Aug 15, 2014
mazaje:

Brother are you mad?. . .Why must i accept what the definition of god is?. . .You are a pantheist and not a theist. . .Your god is energy fine. . .That is your problem. . .I am not talking about your energy god religion here. . .So because humans are made up of energy that means humans are god?. . .Even my car parked outside has potential energy does that make it god?. . .Are you mad?. . .To you everything that has energy is god. . God for you but that is you own opinion and idea. . .Stop trying to force people to accept it. . .You just take things make them up and claim that is what the bible is saying. . .Stop tal,king about the god of the bible because he is not your ridiculous energy god. . The word energy is not even in the bible. . .All you have done so far is just reinvent things give them your own personal meaning and claim others must accept it. . .You are crazy. . .

He is "Bolaino crazy"

5 Likes

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by krayzieklay(m): 2:38pm On Aug 15, 2014
frank317:

I am beginning to think think that you like arguing for the sake of argument. You cant pretend you dont know why many atheist who were once christians or muslims disbelieve in the existence of God. shouldn't it be clear to you that they just think that what they have been made to believe in the past is false and does not just make sense to them especially when they deeply think it through (something the holy books has asked theists not to do)

i wonder what you really want to hear here. the problem here is not even about the definition of God, i dont know why that is a bother to you. I think what atheist as against is the fact that one religion claims to be the source to the creator of the world, saying all other religions are false, claiming that all have sinned, claiming that morality is from 'their' God, claimining that an all loving God will roast in hell for not believing in some words written in the book, acting holier than thou when it is obvious that no one is perfect, the deceit in religious houses and how backward religion has made our society become. Atheist are against the contradictions in the bible and quran, the misconception and confusion brought about by these contradictions, the stories in the holy books that makes no sense that people are forced to believe, the violence and waste of human lives religion (especially foreign ones) has brought upon us.

why are you speaking of the definition of God like it is all that matters... if God is energy, will energy burn people in hell?

do you think if God was just the definition that you gave above and that is all that he is with out one religion claiming monopoly of knowledeg of him, without talking about hell and how jealous he is, without the muslems forcing people to behave in a particular way.... do you think if it were just about seeing God as energy(or what ever you think he is) atheist would have been here arguing day and night?

now that you have successful defined your God, does that stop atheists from rejecting the fact that he will burn us in hell or punish us for not believing in him?

what do you really want here?
Standing (internet) ovation bro... Seriously he was just busy chasing his tail.. Wetin concern energy as God and d God bin portrayed by d xtians and Muslims e.t.c? As far as we know,d common knowledge we know abt d Gods of Islam and Christianity iz dat they are supreme beings,and most atheists in Nigeria were once xtians and Muslims.I don't understand what his argument is all about.. If their God is energy,I don't see any reason y they will still believe in Jesus,hell fire,heaven, 72 virgins,going to Mecca to stone d devil e.t.c in d first place. Mazaje,no need replying him pls.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
FOLYKAZE: Mazaje is doing everything to shout me down. You desperatin to bring me down only expose how silly you are. (I am sorry for those words, I cant afford but to say it out)

now I am left with a little space because of epistle. So permit me to quote you in different posts.

Guy did you missed the bold part? And if you read down the page, you would see PERSONIFICATION as a sub-subject. Why have you chosen to ignore that?

Well, I am not here to define any God for you. In the first instance on this thread, I asked you to define God and all you could provide is a fictitioner character you created out of your head just to have yourself disbelieving.

I asked you questions on what you defined but you chose to ignore that. You are here bringing a dictinary. Not only that, you are cherry picking what the dictionary contains.

Did you not find Mentors refer t as God in the dictionary?

Did you not find someone adhere, honor or revere refer as God in the dictionary?

Did you not see an art gallery being refer to as God in the dictinary?

Now do you choose to disbelieve in the existence of God when one mentor, someone revere or adhere as God?

The nonsense you presented as definition contain lot of things I do not understand.

What is supernatural being. Does that mean fela who I ahere so much as my God is a superman?

Who told you supernatural being created the universe?

Your definition appears as Deistic conception. Does this mean you choose to disbelieve in deistic concept of God?

This is what I asked of you. . . . . .turning the table around only make you silly.

If you cant provide answer here, let me know

Didn't you see how the entry defined god in theism, deism and pantheism. . .The definition in all three categories are all different and hold different meanings, it explains it in details. . .You dishonestly want to argue that they are all the same and mean the same thing when they don't at all, that is why you have been lying and twisting things all over the place. . . .My chair can be called god in pantheism, but in a monotheistic religion like islam god can not be said to be a chair. . .You are just claiming ignorance and trying to force things to mean what they want them to be. . I have given you the theistic definition of god, since you don't want to accept it that is your business. . .Stop saying i formed it, because i got it from the dictionary. . .You refuse to accept it because it doesn't agree with your pantheistic definition of god as energy. . .You are deluded. . .

1 Like

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Fynestboi: 2:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Wrong. That is a contradiction.

1)everything has a cause
2)the God creator has no cause

1) and 2) are contradictory

wrong syllogism.

1. For everything there is a cause
2. For every cause there is a cause (cause causer) if you continue this way there must be an uncaused cause where all other cause comer from
3. The uncausd cause is God.

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Fynestboi: 2:47pm On Aug 15, 2014
Weah96:

You're joking right?

do i look like a clown to you? Go get a Bible and read.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by TheBigUrban2: 2:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
Fynestboi:

wrong syllogism.

1. For everything there is a cause
2. For every cause there is a cause (cause causer) if you continue this way there must be an uncaused cause where all other cause comer from
3. The uncausd cause is God.

The logic in your argument breaks down from number 2.

Just because everything has a cause, it doesnt necessarily mean that there will be an alpha causer. Non Sequitur- it does not follow

1 Like

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by finofaya: 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2014
@folykaze

But you stubborn sha. Do you agree that there is no single definition for God? I agree. You do too, you said so in your third sentence. As such, asking an atheist to define God amounts to asking him to give you all the definitions of God. This is because unlike theists, an atheist does not have a preference for any definition of God. If the atheist limits himself to any particular God, he is no atheist in the true sense. He will only be an atheist the same way a christian is an atheist to Allah.

This is not even taking into account the fact that atheism is the absence of belief. It is you who wants somebody to believe something that will define what the thing is. You may say an atheist wants you to believe that there is no God, but an atheist can only provide you with a broad and general concept of what the God is. Mazaje did good by providing you with a summary of what God should mean, i.e supreme being and all that, but you are still asking for definition.

I think you seriously misunderstand what atheism is or you are just trolling.

The fact that there is no universal definition of God is not the atheists problem, but the theists. It is them after all who brought it up.

And those your examples that state; I believe Fela is God, if you say God does not exist, you are denying the existence of Fela, they are just misguided. Look at it this way; I say to you "Fela is a square circle". You know that square circles don't exist and you tell me so. Would I be correct to conclude that you are thereby denying the existence of Fela? I don't think so. (I noticed you were reluctant to call Fela a supreme being. Hmm.)

Also saying you can label anything as God simply shows that you are trolling. I might as well label this post God. Or bread. That doesn't make the post God. In fact, if I did that, your humble self would say that my post is not God. Then you would have to define God for me.

I still think you may have an unfair dislike of atheists, since you keep excusing agnostics, even though they must also know what God is before saying they have not reason to believe in him.

The definition you seek has been given to you. Maybe its something else you want.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Help Me Calculate My Tithe / I Want To Know The Best Theology College In Nigeria / Why Use The Letter 'X' When Referring To Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.