Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,178 members, 7,818,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee (39837 Views)

School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 / Crash: OOU Students Block Sagamu-ore Highway, Curse Driver / 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by yorke1: 5:38pm On Aug 14, 2014
APC new strategy to deceive the people. Fashola did it, now again it is Amosun. APC governors deceiving gullible Nigerian students since they know election is coming up in 2015. SMH!
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by IYANGBALI: 5:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
Dessyguy: The topic is conflicting.It's not well detailed enough.
detail am now abi you no get hand?
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by tyman(m): 5:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
I was in Oke Mosan today, the first set of students that made rally were the Mapoly students, from their composition, you would know they were real students, guys and ladies thanking the government for the reduction in their school fees.

Shortly, another crowd that were 95% guys and non-student like faces (sponsored) claiming from OOU then came around protesting the reduction in school fees. From their looks and composition, you will surely know that they were touts and political thugs not students.

Meanwhile, it wasn't this administration that initially increased their school fees, infact this is the second time the Governor will be reducing the fees he inherited
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Fourwinds: 5:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
573V31D: Source or adonbelieveit... I suppose there is something else they r protesting for or it could be the time the reduction will take effect...the latter sounds more logical.
yeah. dat is it. takes effect next session which is after election.
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
Alcatraz001: Hear yourself,you said "one time"! Which school in Nigeria doesn't have cultism related problems? You Federal university goons don't realise that times have changed,the Labour market doesn't care what university you are from but what you can offer and what problems you can solve for their organisations.You all should sit down in father's house and think because you went to a Federal University, you will be offered a Job pronto.....you all are deluded!
wetin be federal university?
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 14, 2014
Guys better aCcept your faith and resume,
Some schools are paying more than 500thousand, we should just be praying for our future so we too can afford any amount of money for our Kids.
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by siffem: 5:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
All these mushroom universities sef u better shut up ur mouth. University dat has produced dons across country nd internationaly. Which una go? Ire or Esa-Oke.
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Ayostically: 5:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
Emmaesty: OOU students are not protesting against the reduction of the school fees but are protesting against it taking effect from the next session cos Election is next year and if he gets re-elected, the policy might not be effected..... Long live OOU #SaveOOU #Oke-Imosan2014
For Gods sake, the power is in their hand. Knowin dat this is a political move, they shud use that power when d tym coms, i.e refuse 2 sell ur conscience, vote wisely
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by omololu2020(m): 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2014
LivingSoul34:

They don't need to come out and tell him anything. Must people to the street and protest over everything? The way Nigerians go about protesting everything is making the whole thing look stupid. If you think what the man did is a ploy to get votes come 2015 and a sincere move, the right thing to do is not be constituting nuisance or fooling around in the name of protest. You still have the right to vote for whoever you like come 2015, so why not wait and allow your vote to do the protest at the right time instead of reducing protest to a child play? And to think that these people who are obviously lacking ideas are undergraduates is disappointing.
trash,mtchewwww

1 Like

Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by kendrick93(m): 6:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
Alcatraz001:
My friend what you need to get a job is not the certificate you hold but the aptitude you have for the job on offer......so which "international school's piece of paper do you possess? I make bold to say that you are an idiot and an example of all that is wrong with Nigeria's youths,FOOL!
u really an idiot. Bleep off u slowpoke
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by omololu2020(m): 6:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
ABJDOT: Guys better aCcept your faith and resume,
Some schools are paying more than 500thousand, we should just be praying for our future so we too can afford any amount of money for our Kids.
plz tell us d name of d state university,dat d std r payin 500k
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Dessyguy(m): 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
IYANGBALI: detail am now abi you no get hand?
whats your beef?jxt read between the lines.The fact that I said is not well detailed does not mean im privy to those news.
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Dreyl(m): 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
RebelLeader15:
Sorry to say Bro, Your IQ must be lower than that of a termite, You must be part of those shy student who find joy in licking a woman's butt and kissing her feet, but when it comes to fighting for rights, they are nowhere to be found.
i will just pretend as if i didn't see this post
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by suwailad(f): 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
Oou - is that a secondary school?
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by brethart: 6:24pm On Aug 14, 2014
mrvocalprowess: my broda,d thing tire me..
which school u dey?
...bloody unihomeite .....

1 Like

Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Dreyl(m): 6:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
vosquare:
tink b4 u post bro...ask wat happend b4 u conclude
since i didn't comprehend accurately maybe u should explain better
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by brethart: 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
mrvocalprowess: my broda,d thing tire me..
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
Once again.....students and politicians play politics with the school fees.

The problem is..University education is expensive. Time we woke up and realized that.
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by SenatorJames(m): 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
Amanyanabo: dem high sch fees dem to complain, dem reduce sch fees dem go still complain. truly nigerians r insatiable
Not like that, everybody know that the motive behind the reduction is political. What good is in a reduction of one school session, and increase it after 2015 general election?

The fear of Fayemi's epidemic in Ekiti, is the beginning of wisdom for APC governors.
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by MevsU(m): 6:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
LivingSoul34:

They don't need to come out and tell him anything. Must people to the street and protest over everything? The way Nigerians go about protesting everything is making the whole thing look stupid. If you think what the man did is a ploy to get votes come 2015 and a sincere move, the right thing to do is not be constituting nuisance or fooling around in the name of protest. You still have the right to vote for whoever you like come 2015, so why not wait and allow your vote to do the protest at the right time instead of reducing protest to a child play? And to think that these people who are obviously lacking ideas are undergraduates is disappointing.

Upgrade your IQ bro u need it badly
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Shine1177: 6:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
Despite the good job Governor Amosun is doing by building durable roads and bridges, I smell his defeat afar. APC cannot win this State come 2015 as the Party is divided into Osoba and Amosun factions, now students are against his government invariably their parents are also against him.

GEJ till 2019!
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by meforyou1(m): 6:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
Kunle106: You guys don't get logic behind this, I think the Op is misleading everyone with the title of the topic.

The issue is that, before Amosun emerge as the governor of Ogun state then in 2011, he came to OOU mini campus campaigning that he is going to reduce the school fee by 50% but fortunately he slashed it by 10% and that was the end, the minimum amount a student pay in OOU is #102,000 for faculty of arts while maximum of 350,000 for medicine.

Before this time students have been agitating for the fee reduction. The school management are not helping the matter with their different policies which are on the bad side for the students.

Fast forward to 2014, consultation were on going between the Sug, school management and the government before the announcement of the reduction 2days ago which is to take effect from next session.
Ab initio, the students stand was that if the government is to reduce the fee, it is to take effect from this session because majority of the student haven't pay the exorbitant fee.

Last bullet
The student are protesting for the reduction to take effect from now, and that the minimum fee should be #50,000
u meant maximum fee should be 50k
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Dreyl(m): 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
Adekaf: U dont need to insult them,they are fighting for their right,d school fee has being reduced but they want it to to take effect from dis section based on d election he might Change his mind,student are not fools so think b4 u say anything.

:
u explained flawlessly unlike dat cvnt dat quoted me
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by julybaba(m): 6:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
Politicians and their cunny life

Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Donbabaj: 6:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
So the school fees can be reduced! Haba na! y is our government punishing we masses like this na! there is God o!!. and i know that he will accept the request of the students now, and thereafter increase the fee later in the future if reelected! i wish we could treat the Bleep ups of all this governors self.

I am an accounting graduate of OOU 2011 now working as an employee in a renowned firm. Long live OOU. Wish you guys a peaceful and a successful protest.
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by julybaba(m): 6:52pm On Aug 14, 2014
Greed is related to politics in 9ja

Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by kajoula(m): 7:10pm On Aug 14, 2014
Anouncing NOW the reduction of school fees that will take effect in the NEXT ACADEMIC SESSIiON.

I HOPE & BELIEVE THERE'S A FUTURE FOR NAIJA YOUTH.
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Muzikluva(m): 7:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
Keneking: I smell Jonathan's hand in this...
abeg go clean ur nose cus u dae smell anoda tin,wetin be jona own 4hia?
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Olusanya333(m): 7:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
Wait guys, do u mean dey were protesting because dey reduce d Fee? Or i no see well ni
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by 1Book(m): 7:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
pDude: All these mushroom universities sef
Very funny dude!..I wish OAU will also reduce theirs jare....whats ur alma mater bro?
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by donshady(m): 7:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
Great oouite...... Aluta Continua....
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Wasquad(m): 7:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
People can be dumb in their approach to issues.... Somebody reduces a postponed reduction so to say. And instead to hit the nail on the head..u r dere saying rubbish.

His brain is onhis forehead.....everybody can see it... Worst govt in Ogun so far..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Female Students Sent By Jonathan To Philippines (Photos) / 16 University Students Beheaded In Edo Cult War - Police / How The Phrase ‘my Dear’ Can Put You In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.