Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee (39843 Views)

School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 / Crash: OOU Students Block Sagamu-ore Highway, Curse Driver / 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Kossyne(m): 7:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
LivingSoul34:

They don't need to come out and tell him anything. Must people to the street and protest over everything? The way Nigerians go about protesting everything is making the whole thing look stupid. If you think what the man did is a ploy to get votes come 2015 and a sincere move, the right thing to do is not be constituting nuisance or fooling around in the name of protest. You still have the right to vote for whoever you like come 2015, so why not wait and allow your vote to do the protest at the right time instead of reducing protest to a child play? And to think that these people who are obviously lacking ideas are undergraduates is disappointing.

Finally a sensible post.
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Kossyne(m): 7:43pm On Aug 14, 2014
Kunle106: The OP should do the needful to the title.
some people no get brain sha, ona no go knw the something, ona go just dey post like say na nose ona take dey think.

What's this one saying. Judging from the gabbage you typed here, I think you are the brainless one.
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Wasquad(m): 7:45pm On Aug 14, 2014
Olusanya333: Wait guys, do u mean dey were protesting because dey reduce d Fee? Or i no see well ni

It is reduced in advance .....next session....after elections
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Kossyne(m): 7:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
Adekaf: U dont need to insult them,they are fighting for their right,d school fee has being reduced but they want it to to take effect from dis section based on d election he might Change his mind,student are not fools so think b4 u say anything.

:

Still the protest is needless.
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Olusanya333(m): 7:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
Wasquad:

It is reduced in advance .....next section....after elections
If this were to happen in OAU den will we not be at home.
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Kossyne(m): 7:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
IYANGBALI: na him yansh me I dey smell and the smell heavy no be small

Iyangbali, what took you so long? Abi GED block network for your area?
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Wasquad(m): 7:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
Olusanya333: If this were to happen in OAU den will we not be at home.

U ave point..buh dis is d same school he has promised so much....all he cud do is to inflict more pain .....
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Yeahreen(m): 8:10pm On Aug 14, 2014
Pls Wah Does "OOU" Mean? angry
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by donshady(m): 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
omololu2020: trash,mtchewwww
On u dey crazy, I no blame u, if u no say u fit go stop Dem nw. Nonsense talk
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by sambisa5: 8:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
Emmaesty: OOU students are not protesting against the reduction of the school fees but are protesting against it taking effect from the next session cos Election is next year and if he gets re-elected, the policy might not be effected..... Long live OOU #SaveOOU #Oke-Imosan2014

i see kiss

@ op next time i beg enligten us before pictures......
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by sambisa5: 8:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
Yeahreen: Pls Wah Does "OOU" Mean? angry

Ostrich Opening Unisex

1 Like

Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Kunle106(m): 8:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-
news/166711-ogun-university-students-protest-
reduction-of-school-fees.html
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by omololu2020(m): 8:27pm On Aug 14, 2014
donshady: On u dey crazy, I no blame u, if u no say u fit go stop Dem nw. Nonsense talk
u r a crazy person,if e dey pain ur fvckin fada at home so std dey protest,mak u go kill ursef,idiot
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by x2lambo(m): 8:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
politics everywhere
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by omololu2020(m): 8:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
suwailad: Oou - is that a secondary school?
aboki,it z a primary skul
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by McHolly: 8:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
Chai! Nigerians sha, OOU students dey protest on top fee reduction, OAU guys dey haux nw on top fee increment. Aw person wan take satisfy you?
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
1Book:
Very funny dude!..I wish OAU will also reduce theirs jare....whats ur alma mater bro?

I am a Uite.
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Yeahreen(m): 8:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
Lwkmd....buh serzly help a broda out!!!! grin grin
sambisa5:

Ostrich Opening Unisex

1 Like

Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Adunbarin: 8:54pm On Aug 14, 2014
Some pple will open their mouth and just say anytin. How will a governor say the reduction will take effect as from 2014/15 session when students have not paid for 2013/14 session. Why not now. Amosun is trying us, making me loose my love for him
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Tundecool(m): 8:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
teeo: These students had better shut up and go face their studies.

Mumu Spitting Rubbish!
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 14, 2014
AKUNWATA1: WHICH OOU ARE YOU TAKING ABOUT YOU MEAN THE GLORIFIED SECONDARY SCHOOL @ AGO-IWOYE.
Mr Man go and sleep you are drunk! You are hating because we are better than you.
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by donshady(m): 9:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
omololu2020: u r a crazy person,if e dey pain ur fvckin fada at home so std dey protest,mak u go kill ursef,idiot
E no go beta for you (10*) oloriburuku... If the protest concern you, you go tell me.. Weray..
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by jericco1(m): 9:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
Amanyanabo: dem high sch fees dem to complain, dem reduce sch fees dem go still complain. truly nigerians r insatiable

that's Nigeria for you!
Nothing's ever enough!
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Kunle106(m): 9:21pm On Aug 14, 2014
OOU Abeokuta Protest Update.....
Four injured as students clash in Ogun
Four students were injured on Thursday as
two factions of students from various
state-owned tertiary institutions clashed in
Abeokuta over the recent reduction of
school fees announced by the state
government on Tuesday.
The fracas happened around Federal
Secretariat, Oke Mosan, about 100 metres
away from the governor’s office.
The students who were from Olabisi
Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Tai Solarin
University of Education, Ijagun, Moshood
Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta, Gateway
Polytechnic, Igbesa, and other ICT
polytechnics in the state broke into two
factions, and they engaged each other in
physical assault.
The pro-Amosun faction had staged a
solidarity march from Kuto Roundabout to
the governor’s office at Oke Mosan to
thank him for reducing the school fees,
which was 61 per cent accross board.
This faction, was received at the arcade
ground by the state commissioner for
education, Mr. Olusegun Odubela, deputy
speaker of the state House of Assembly, Mr.
Tola Banjo and Special Assistant to the
governor on Student affairs, Mr. Olusegun
Clement.
They were armed with placards which
eulogised the governor, Senator Ibikunle
Amosun.
Odubela, who also eulogised the students
for appreciating Senator Ibikunle
Amosun’s gesture, advised them to take
their studies seriously, and that he would
deliver their message to the governor who
was in Abuja.
But the second faction did not see
anything good in the fee reduction, as they
saw it more as a mere ‘political gimmick’.
This faction led by the Students Union
Government President, Olabisi Onabanjo
University, Ago Iwoye, Olusegun Ifade,
argued that the said fee reduction should
have taken effect from 2013/2014 session,
and not the 2014/2015 session
announced by the state government.
This faction had earlier addressed
journalists at Iwe Irohin House, Oke Ilewo
in Abeokuta.
Ifade said they had made demand for fee
reduction since 2011,which the governor
failed to yield to.
The students leader vehemently opposed
the gesture, arguing it was greek gift
coming at a wrong time, “because election
is fast approaching.”
Some of the students were armed with
placards with various inscriptions, some of
which read: ‘No reduction in 2013/2014,
no vote’,’Amosun reduce our school
fees’,’SIA must obey now’,and ‘Bring down
our fees.’
They also demanded among others further
reduction of the fees, as they argued that
any fee above N50,000 was still too high.
The students also headed for the
governor’s office, and on the way they ran
into the other faction, where a free-for-all
ensued.
After the dust settled, four of the students
had been injured, as they were said to
have hurled stones and other dangerous
objects at one another.
This led to a gridlock along the Oke Mosan-
Kuto axis for some hours.
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
rahazaqa: Mr Man go and sleep you are drunk! You are hating because we are better than you.
GOOD TO KNOW THAT OOU IS BETTER THAN UNILAG
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by 1Book(m): 9:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
pDude:

I am a Uite.
No wonder....the school that rejected me upon my struggle....
u are mouthed bro!!!

1 Like

Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
1Book:
No wonder....the school that rejected me upon my struggle....
u are mouthed bro!!!
You have just shown that you have nothing to offer as an individual.So what do u do with your life now that you feel inferior to the guy u quoted because he is that school? You need to know that you are all you need and not some paper qualification you feel will validate you.I pity people like you cos you are the type that gets suicidal after graduating and spending donkey years at home bacause you feel you are entitled to a job because you went to a First Generation and Prestigious University! This is the 21st century and nobody gives a Bleep about that!

2 Likes

Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
AKUNWATA1: GOOD TO KNOW THAT OOU IS BETTER THAN UNILAG
DO YOU WANT TO TELL ME YOU ARE NOT AWARE OF THAT IGNORAMUS!!!
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Saheed9: 9:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
Oouites cookin beans @ oke mosan

Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by donshady(m): 10:02pm On Aug 14, 2014
Oouite... We dey.. Aluta Continua
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by 1Book(m): 10:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
Alcatraz001: You have just shown that you have nothing to offer as an individual.So what do u do with your life now that you feel inferior to the guy u quoted because he is that school? You need to know that you are all you need and not some paper qualification you feel will validate you.I pity people like you cos you are the type that gets suicidal after graduating and spending donkey years at home bacause you feel you are entitled to a job because you went to a First Generation and Prestigious University! This is the 21st century and nobody gives a Bleep about that!
calm down before u explode!!!
By my signature, u would know i have target, goals and ambitions to achieve...and u seem to be getting me very wrong if you think i'm feeling Inferior for making that comment. .........How can i feel inferior?
Well, if u care to know, I bagged a Distinction from Yabatech in Elect/Elect, before proceeding to OAU...(unarguably, the best in academic excellence & otherwise)in the same discipline, on 1st class....I just stated how a stage of my life transpired...and u're spewing gibbrish.
Note: i'm not a "white collar job freak", so don't think i will be going up & down searching for office works....
infact, i don't go to school to make money!!!... rather, i enjoy learning and impacting knowledge...moreso, Little do you know, u really need that paper certificate to "excel without borders" in whatever you engage in especially if you are a Nigerian.
If you settle for less and you're comfortable & satisfied with anything (school) average, well, thats good for you!...Thats Not me, because i don't know why i have to go for failure, average & less while i can actually achieve the best, succeed and excel happily.
Next time, don't waste your pity on whom you really don't know...establish the pity on yourself!
Re: OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee by Emmaesty(f): 10:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
tyman: I was in Oke Mosan today, the first set of students that made rally were the Mapoly students, from their composition, you would know they were real students, guys and ladies thanking the government for the reduction in their school fees.

Shortly, another crowd that were 95% guys and non-student like faces (sponsored) claiming from OOU then came around protesting the reduction in school fees. From their looks and composition, you will surely know that they were touts and political thugs not students.

Meanwhile, it wasn't this administration that initially increased their school fees, infact this is the second time the Governor will be reducing the fees he inherited
Liar! Liar!! Liar!!! Those students there were true students of OOU. The protest had been planned long before Amosun decided to play politics and reduce the school fees. He promised to reduce the school fees by 50% in 2011 if he were elected, he got elected and reduced it by 10%(What happened to the remaining 40%??). Now, he said he has reduced it by 30% and it will be implemented by next year(2015), probably because he wants votes. Please tell me, does he think we are fools? If he does not implement it this year, then AMOSUN MUST GO #SaveOOU #Oke-Imosan2014 #ReduceOurFees

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

16 University Students Beheaded In Edo Cult War - Police / Which Course(s) Can A Student Apply For With This WAEC Result? / Female Students Sent By Jonathan To Philippines (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.