Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . (23345 Views)

Is Your A/C Very Cool While Driving And Warm At Idle? / Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns / At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by MztrChukwu(m): 7:18am On Aug 15, 2014
Dresden: At 16 nd it was manual,took ♍Ε̲̣̣̣̥ four days constant driving

We share the very same experience
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by zicoraads: 7:19am On Aug 15, 2014
18. Auto tho, and I heard I'll never really know how to drive until I learn the manual.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by bootstrap(m): 7:19am On Aug 15, 2014
Drove for the first time at 14, pops beetle. (Just within the compound tho). I learnt hw to reverse first, and turning angles was what interested me most.

Continued with my honda C75 bike (loved that bike... had it frm abt 10yrs) for another year plus. At 16 tho, became designated official house driver. It actually became a borden, frm my sisters to my mum, frm going to the market, to picking my aunts and uncles up frm the park.

First intrastate at 20, first interstate at 25. Lokoja - abuja road it was, and yrs later, I still dread that stretch of highway.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by drstrategy(m): 7:21am On Aug 15, 2014
@16 i strted drivin it tuk me lik a month or two to get perfected cos car wasnt available fr me to learn dat much......n @ 19, i bcame d driver of d house

(TRANSPORTER) grin
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 15, 2014
I can't drive. I tried but the day I went behind the wheels and for whatever reason, I panicked and stepped on the wrong..whatever those things under are called, I haven't tried it again and that was two years ago. undecided I have a phobia for driving, that's my nonsense.

I'll try again though because I almost had a disaster because I didn't know how to drive and I was the only one at home with when it struck, had to go banging gates.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by fyneboi79(m): 7:21am On Aug 15, 2014
egopersonified:

Kindly upload your birth certificate, thanks.
are we in a competition or what Believe it or leave it
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 15, 2014
It just started like that, I av always had the zeal, and I knew I wanted to drive manual. I hate that look when u perform a stunt or speed and peeps be like 'ah, na woman, bc na automatic'
So I made sure I learnt manual and drove it for 'bout' 5yrs'

First learnt @home, I entered road and was driving like a witch, maybe bc my husband (then bf) who taught me drives like a wizard too...people started calling my parents to tell dem to beg me to drive responsibly #amebopeople#

So I went to a driving sch, dey tot dat wud make me drive responsibly, I came out worse grin

Professionally/regularly- 17
Interstate/long distance- 20
Manual, not auto please...manual gives me the speed I like...
Though last yr my hubby got me an auto car, say av been suffering myself.
Shikena
Now, I think I'm tired...av seen it all grin

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Midecuc(m): 7:23am On Aug 15, 2014
I started at 21 and it took me 6month
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by ndidibabe(f): 7:28am On Aug 15, 2014
englishmart: Honestly my dad thought me to drive when I was 16.
4years later he gave me a car key as a birthday present.
Honestly? Why honestly? You are a serial liar!! BTW, I started learning driving at 16 and that was immediately after my SSCE. Pupcy bought a Toyota. Corrola 'first lady' for me @ age 18 which I used to 'perfect' my driving and at age 19, when I was already in 200L at OAU, I travelled with the car from Lagos to Ife with Pupcy's driver beside me. Thereafter, driving from Ife to Lagos was no big deal. Today, I am a perfect driver.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Jarus(m): 7:30am On Aug 15, 2014
1999 @ 17 in SSS2. Although local driving in our hometown.

Started driving in Lagos after my graduation, at 24. I remember how I used to fear driving on Third Mainland Bridge.

First interstate was in 2009, less than a year after I bought my first car, and drove Lagos-Kwara 4 hours.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by popson1st: 7:30am On Aug 15, 2014
Started driving 3 months ago when I bought my car
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by mazumathe1st(m): 7:31am On Aug 15, 2014
ademega: U must be from ondo town "pangolo" lol. Name sounds known . Black Zeus ?
Egin ao fa,ken ti ri ke?....wetin dey brov
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 15, 2014
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by temzybabe(f): 7:35am On Aug 15, 2014
englishmart: Honestly my dad thought me to drive when I was 16.
4years later he gave me a car key as a birthday present.
hmmmmmmm!.. bros
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by nitrogen(m): 7:37am On Aug 15, 2014
15 Years, my mumsy Car!
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by ademega(m): 7:37am On Aug 15, 2014
Bodami, o ma san ke. Wo la ni oh .
mazumathe1st: Egin ao fa,ken ti ri ke?....wetin dey brov
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Emmanuex(m): 7:39am On Aug 15, 2014
Dad wanted me to master how to drive very early so he started teaching me at age 16 nd i bcame very good at age 17
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Raypawer(m): 7:39am On Aug 15, 2014
Age 16 I started driving one of my dad's car, when our driver drops the key I'll pick it up... "mind u, my dads cars are all manual "
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 15, 2014
Started drivin 15 perfected in 16.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by englishmart(m): 7:47am On Aug 15, 2014
ndidibabe: Honestly? Why honestly? You are a serial liar!! BTW, I started learning driving at 16 and that was immediately after my SSCE. Pupcy bought a Toyota. Corrola 'first lady' for me @ age 18 which I used to 'perfect' my driving and at age 19, when I was already in 200L at OAU, I travelled with the car from Lagos to Ife with Pupcy's driver beside me. Thereafter, driving from Ife to Lagos was no big deal. Today, I am a perfect driver.
I don't need to sound rudely.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Artorius(m): 7:48am On Aug 15, 2014
started driving at age 16 spent two days with my teacher then continued driving on my own till today. First inter state, age 17 Abuja to Keffi.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by donwise1(m): 7:48am On Aug 15, 2014
even those dat haven't driven a car before are saying they started at 17. dia is God o
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by pete3000: 7:49am On Aug 15, 2014
i started driving at 30,when i bought my first car,the car really suffered
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by henryadex(m): 7:49am On Aug 15, 2014
@26, was never taught i took a Volkswagen beetle of an elderly friend when we went on an outing and was left in the car
not knowing i had t to apply pressure to the brake about four times b4 it will stop i almost ran into 'ogunpa river' in
ibadan and over ran a group of people at a junction before i could stop, but that built up my confidence
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 15, 2014
11 years
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by mazumathe1st(m): 7:50am On Aug 15, 2014
[quote author=ademegodami, o ma san ke. Wo la ni oh .
[/quote]ahahaha,......wo ji re ni oooh...
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 15, 2014
17 and i just started. Haven't perfected it yet tho...Still learning.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Rencent(m): 7:53am On Aug 15, 2014
I think am the oldest, started driving at the age of 31 plus
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by adekayo1234(m): 7:54am On Aug 15, 2014
egopersonified:

please how old are you so I can verify this info?
how will u verify even if I disclose my age
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by englishmart(m): 7:55am On Aug 15, 2014
temzybabe: hmmmmmmm!.. bros
what is it?
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by prophetone(m): 7:55am On Aug 15, 2014
Started driving at 15, got my first car at 18 in my second year of university. I started through the desire to do stunts like screeches, doughnuts and hand-brake turns to impress girls in my high school. It's hard to say how long it took to perfect my kills, but considering I was comfortable to do stunts at age 16, I'd say 2 months. .
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Bawsse(m): 8:01am On Aug 15, 2014
started driving just two months ago... and its automatic... meaning i cant go near a manual car sad

BDW i bashed a police mans' parked mercedes last two weeks saturday... thank God we settled it without popsy hearing about it, if not............................................................................

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which Of These Cars Did Your Dad Use? (Picture) / Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. / 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.