Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . (23334 Views)

Is Your A/C Very Cool While Driving And Warm At Idle? / Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns / At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by ijbeauty(f): 8:02am On Aug 15, 2014
Still don't know how to drive.........

I know I will learn soon!!!
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 15, 2014
grin started driving on insistence from my dad at the age of 15 twas automatic tho! ! drove manual later on. I once bashed the car against the gate tho , na God save me that day Cuz pman been no dey house! I escaped to school the next day Cuz of dad's wrath. wasn't a small something sha, dad later found out when I came back home for vacation! ! THANKFUL tho
nau a certified driver! ! grin
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by omolizzy(f): 8:05am On Aug 15, 2014
Comprehensive and intersting. I started driving at the age of 13. My Dad owned a scrap Peugeot 404 truck which was obviously a Manually transmitted vehicle. My elder brother (who was 15 at that time) and I, used to start the truck by joining two wires together because the key ignition system was bad and my Dad had it hotwired. (Money no dey to buy new ignition). We use the handle of a spoon or any flat metal to release the steering lock, by turning on the ignition first before joining the wires. The truck was always at home, while Dad and Mum were away at work. The family only took it to the farm on Saturdays. That gave room for plenty of time to practice what we watch Daddy do. grin

I Did my first interstate drive from Benin to Owerri at 14. It was my Dad's Peugeot 504 this time. My Mum had to travel for August meeting; needed to be mobile in the village but did not have the heart to drive herself through the highway. I took the vehicle down to the villa for her...and enjoyed almost two weeks of a lovely August villa experience.

I still have my very first learner's permit which was arranged for me at the age of 14 (Naija Factor), and which I would have shared on this forum...but for security reason due to the "faceless forum" thingy. I believe I was one of the youngest drivers on the streets of Benin at some point.

My longest drive was from Owerri to Sokoto. That was during my NYSC days. My Dad had got me a brand new car then (Toyota Corolla 1.8GLI...European) as a graduation gift. I did not want to leave the car for anyone to damage...so I insisted on taking my car with me for the twelve (12) months that I was going to be away, serving my country.

It was a tough trip...as I had to tango with a "The Young Shall Grow" luxurious bus driver somewhere around Minna in Niger state. He agreed to show me through the rest of the journey if i stayed close; so I followed his trail through Kaduna, Katsina, Gusau in Zamfara and finally, Farufaru in Sokoto. I hear whiiiiiiin!

Driving is pleasurable...if you've got the will.

Cheers.[/quote]
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by pegmatite(f): 8:07am On Aug 15, 2014

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by prophetone(m): 8:09am On Aug 15, 2014
segradino: Abeg what diff does that make? Do that started less dan 16yrs did dat without their parent's consent and were scares shitless!

That's the fun part. You get to go to places with the car that you wouldn't go with parental consent. You also learn at your own pace and the envy from your non-driving friends at that age (not to mention girls) is simply epic. Girls at any age are suckers for cars, quote me.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by jabanz(m): 8:11am On Aug 15, 2014
niggereyez: 20yrs...
I learnt with d manual gear system. ...
and strangely I prefer it to automatic gear...
it took me 2 weeks to obtain a learner's permit...and 6 months later a drivers license....

buh I think learning to drive is a lifetime experience... as long as u r driving, u keep learning new things everyday... nobody knws it all... not even the guys dat drive presidential convoys ;D20yrs...
I learnt with d manual gear system. ...
and strangely I prefer it to automatic gear...
it took me 2 weeks to obtain a learner's permit...and 6 months later a drivers license....

buh I think learning to drive is a lifetime experience... as long as u r driving, u keep learning new things everyday... nobody knws it all... not even the guys dat drive presidential convoys
ur preference of manual to automatic is not strange
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by pinkshell(f): 8:11am On Aug 15, 2014
Driving on highway is d easiest driving, so u were nt lucky, it was easy,
The true test of driving na lagos holdup.

GAZZUZZ: Started "stealing" the car at 13 or 14 did my first legal country crossing (lagos to jos) at 21 still was not perfect probably lucky grin

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by emymeeky: 8:11am On Aug 15, 2014
upko: I Learnt driving when I was just 15, I started with a trailer.

Hahahahaha... You just cracked my ribs grin
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by DaBullIT(m): 8:12am On Aug 15, 2014
I'd have had a great time commenting , but the comments have been polluted by transformers ,as in people way dey form , na almost everybody start drive by 13 , so everybody for here na butty ? Sharaaaaaaaap .....If I hearm. I go whoooooz you tearface slap now now if you quote me grin
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by pinkshell(f): 8:12am On Aug 15, 2014
Automatic ba?

Paroman: At 22 and it took me 3 days
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by balash(m): 8:15am On Aug 15, 2014
Always had Zeal for driving whenever I take public trans I always sit at the front with driver's just to know wasap! At 17 my 1st born (a guy) took me and my elder brother to learn with a 504 and he only told me once,do this and that and kwa! I was already driving while my other brother was stil panicking.
So started driving neighbour's car and friends car because Dad will never allow me touch his car,the first time I drove interstate lagos to ogbomosho with a family friend because Dad does not trust my driving yet he went to and fro ogbomosho with us that day and sat by my side always signaling with his hand for me to slow down lol.
Some year's back after sch I drove a friend to Abuja from lagos and back and when Dad heard he only called me aside and said whenever I want to drive long distance I should always pray b4 moving,I only smiled lol...have had some very stupid driving encouter like when I went to abuja like 3 yrs back and I was bored at home doing nothing walking along a street a saw a post asking for a truck (mack) driver who can drive a truck carrying container from abuja to nassarawa and I applied without knowing how to drive a truck,I just called my brother and he told me to pump the throttle well b4 moving and that was it I did the job for 1month took my salary and ran away b4 someone who know me see me lmao

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by bliss2al(m): 8:16am On Aug 15, 2014
at age 22 I was tutored manual for just one evening where I was taught how to use DE clutch, gear n break..started sneaking out DE car after dat evening...wen automatic came it was just a work over. I will say I can drive well now coz no one can be perfect except God..if there is anything like perfecting driving they won't be accidents..learnt it a day.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Jambsupport(f): 8:19am On Aug 15, 2014
expert1000: Started drivin wen som pple said They wil mak Nigeria ungovernable 4Mr president and they same pple said Mr President should Flush BH by october 2014 or 4get 2015 elections.
wots dis one sayin?
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Bawsse(m): 8:19am On Aug 15, 2014
prophetone:

That's the fun part. You get to go to places with the car that you wouldn't go with parental consent. You also learn at your own pace and the envy from your non-driving friends at that age (not to mention girls) is simply epic. Girls at any age are suckers for cars, quote me.

wallahi bruv... the girls part's true... just strted driving two months ago (only on saturdays cos of work) and its bringing in p. usssy faster than rainfall grin grin

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by ziezy(m): 8:22am On Aug 15, 2014
Started going to training school with mumc at 12, first drive 13(inside on compound) hit d road at 14...my height helped all d way tho ..
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Bawsse(m): 8:25am On Aug 15, 2014
balash: Always had Zeal for driving whenever I take public trans I always sit at the front with driver's just to know wasap! At 17 my 1st born (a guy) took me and my elder brother to learn with a 504 and he only told me once,do this and that and kwa! I was already driving while my other brother was stil panicking.
So started driving neighbour's car and friends car because Dad will never allow me touch his car,the first time I drove interstate lagos to ogbomosho with a family friend because Dad does not trust my driving yet he went to and fro ogbomosho with us that day and sat by my side always signaling with his hand for me to slow down lol.
Some year's back after sch I drove a friend to Abuja from lagos and back and when Dad heard he only called me aside and said whenever I want to drive long distance I should always pray b4 moving,I only smiled lol...have had some very stupid driving encouter like when I went to abuja like 3 yrs back and I was bored at home doing nothing walking along a street a saw a post asking for a truck (mack) driver who can drive a truck carrying container from abuja to nassarawa and I applied without knowing how to drive a truck,I just called my brother and he told me to pump the throttle well b4 moving and that was it I did the job for 1month took my salary and ran away b4 someone who know me see me lmao,then that same time on my way back to lagos took Ekene dili chukwu bus and it got faulty after lugbe express and we waited for them to bring another bus they never did and we started taking nameless luxirious who ply lagos route late that night and I took a luxirious bus can't remember the name it was filled no more space but was in the driver's side on one small stool I guess they dnt want to loose my 3k too and I noticed the driver was taking a very big bottle of chelsea gin whilst driving with his motorboy too and everytime he try pass to me I say I dnt want cox I dnt take alcohol when we got close to lokoja the driver asked me do u know how to drive? I said yes and he said he can't see anything anymore I should come take the wheel and he only parked and I took the wheel only because I have a truck driving experience lol,and lo and behold I drove it to lagos! It was at ojota when someone shouted he wanted to drop and saw the driver and motorboy drunk and sleeping and he shouted that passenger's should come see who drove them to lagos and they started howling insults on the driver when they knew they were drunk and they started thanking me and giving me money hehe,I guess I made extra 20k that day with my 3k I was supposed to pay.... One Lovely experience I can never forget now if there's a road to heaven kwanu just get me a good car...

hey balash, you can lie ehnn, when did tortoise fall and have cracked back... cheesy
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Jambsupport(f): 8:26am On Aug 15, 2014
harffie:
You don't DRIVE bicycle you RIDE
lolzzz

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Spanishmario(m): 8:32am On Aug 15, 2014
Started driving around d age of 18 nd became perfect around d age of 20 due to lasgidi road
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by HFOG(f): 8:33am On Aug 15, 2014
16. Took me a week to perfect it.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Fabdedon(m): 8:35am On Aug 15, 2014
:DI started driving wen ah was 12 cos ah always disturb ma dad that i am now taller dan d car and ah need to learn it.. Joking one day e told me pillow and off to d field... I drove home dat day.. From den henceforth ah was driving now d nxt tin to learin is drifting.. cool
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 15, 2014
Since I was 3 years grin
When dad is driving and m crying,he ll carry me on his lap and put my hand on the steering tongue
Haven't learnt driving till now tho.dad believes m still young

tongue
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by justi4jesu(f): 8:40am On Aug 15, 2014
ERCROSS: I v Bn driving since I was 4..
seriously..

pls don't ask me how...

Driving what? Your baby car tongue
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Donlino(m): 8:48am On Aug 15, 2014
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 15, 2014
17 , am not yet perfect tho because I wasn't taught personally .
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by juwoonn(m): 8:52am On Aug 15, 2014
17yrs. My Dadd taught me for 2days (sat and sun) on one open field. (2hrs per day)
He forced me to hang the L sign.
And I started driving on monday(the 3rd day). He bought the roadsafety book "highway code" for me a week b4 the training.
And since that 2001 till date I never bashed anything. Na God sha! No be me.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 15, 2014
started driving motorcycle @ 14 till date
my junior bro taught me how to drive d camry once,was good @ it(this year) steal it.
we guys dont have access to my parent property,car/buses,if not..
Am 22 now sha,am a good motorcycle and bicycle rider
Ride till i die
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 15, 2014
I started driving @ d age of 20 and it took me 3days of constant driving.[manual]
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by tuffgongjo(m): 8:57am On Aug 15, 2014
Shady98: .
i started driving a trailer by age four,then i got demoted to driving a jeep by age 10,then by age 16 i drove a car,was further demoted by age 18 to riding a bicycle,then later by age 20 i started driving a tricycle,now I'm 26 the only thing i can 'drive' is to roll tire.
#curiouscaseofbenjaminbutton#
you must be "Mr F,is Mr F".
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by bdek(m): 8:58am On Aug 15, 2014
i started driving @ the age of 13 thats around 1992 , i was like someone kids like to see in which anytime my father send me errand ppl comes out on the street to say come and see small boy driving ,the dunniest things is jealousy when some old men then, came to report me to my parent thinking i was not permitted to drive the car,long time since Naija don corrupt imagine i got a paper driver licences then oooo declare 19 yrs when i was actually 14 pardon me not my fault ,although i was very tall which assisted my quick driving ability and that was benz 200 regular and 505 saloon , now with almost 22 yrs driving experience on the road ,with nearly been to many city in Nigeria without accident record ,i still drive with caution because of new drivers that think they are smart on highway.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:00am On Aug 15, 2014
17 and was taught by no one,took me a week to be a pro......those racing games where not for nothing...

PS:... if you can't drive a Manual vehicle,in my standards you don't know how to drive #justsaying
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by sexyjessy(f): 9:01am On Aug 15, 2014
@ 16.my dad taught me....took me 4 days to perfect it ...ah naw drop ma sibs in sch..... wink hehehe

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by lorRhyMeZ: 9:02am On Aug 15, 2014
Paroman: At 22 and it took me 3 days

Na Automatic u learn with!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! / 7 Myths About Fuel Economy / FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.