Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:34 AM

At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . (23593 Views)

Is Your A/C Very Cool While Driving And Warm At Idle? / Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns / At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
pheesayor: your own is better o, I'm 28 and don't know how to drive perfectly. My two younger siblings can drive, started driving lesson almost two months ago but haven't gone back after the first practical which I messed up so badly.

I was terrified but had to learn out of necessity
My dad said he would teach all of us after we finished secondary school
My older sibling learned and so did my younger ones but I was terrified to the bones
I had my brothers to drive me wherever I wanted to go so there was no need to learn
Until I relocated to the USA
Husband was struggling to break into his career,I needed to get a job fast to help out so I had no choice but to learn to drive
I said two months,I believe it was less and I had my drivers license in my hands and the very next week was cruising down the freeway to earn a living.

Just keep practicing
Make it a point to drive every week,with time you will be good at it

First time my father visited me in the USA ,and I was driving to church ,he made a remark,he reminded me how scared I was to drive and here I was driving in America with one hand on the steering ROFL
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
dumo1:

#amebopeople#
So I went to a driving sch, dey tot dat wud make
me drive responsibly, got me laughing
Lol. But naso e take happen. Maybe they forgot that it's Nigerian Driving Sch, not America. Na still d same rubbish we dey drive dre... grin

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by kr0ne(m): 3:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
I drove the very first day I laid me hands on the steering. Bashed the bumper on an electric pole though, age, 18. 3rd day I was driving alone on the highway. Can't say I'm perfect yet (nobody is). Have been involved in 2 light accidents
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Ask4delaw(m): 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
at 19 it took me three driving lessons. stole my mum's money to learn driving. i paid d guy 500naira/lesson 700naira for the last lesson.i stole 1700 in total to learn. d following year i bought her sagem phone (her first phone) cost 2k.

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by kr0ne(m): 3:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
Oilandgas1: I started driving at 53yrs and it took me a whole 4yrs to perfect my driving. I'm a professional now.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Junipero: 3:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
I started driving when I was six years old.

My Mum parked the car to go and buy Syringes at a Pharmacy.

The Gear was on Neutral. She forgot to put am for 'Park'.

O men, the car started rolling i shouted and shouted. (I loved the experience though)

Mom realised her mistake flew 'James Bond' style with her 'Christian-Mother' big body and halted the car.

She dashed me a VERY HOT slap when I started laughing like one eediot.

So there you have it.....6 Years Old.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Atmmachine(m): 3:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
egesie:
pls I'm curious to know how you got past uniformed officers on nigeria road

They're only there because of money
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Obinnau(m): 3:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
prettyboi1989: Obinnau guy u b mumu o, u definately a dumbb azz mod, lol so u actually tink u are smart wif dat ur ugly face? U banned me 4rm a section I don't even visit are u dat lame? Lol guess d joke is on u f00l, if u lyk do d ban make e expire in 2015 nothin will eva make me visit literature section 4 any reason. I aint a pvussy lyk ur oda peers on nairaland who are bootlickers. U can stil tell ur frends 2 bann me o basstard. I go open anoda acct. Obinnau baboon.
you have got some brain issues.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by profsho1(m): 3:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
In 2001,I was 19yrs old then,I was in Ilorin with my Brother who has bakery and he took me to off Asa-Dam road in Ilorin to teach me how to drive.
Day1;we spent lessthan 10mins bcuz i was driving rubbish and my brother is very upset
Day2;we spent close to 20mins and my brother is very happy with my proress.
We dont have time to go to testing ground since that day and few days later,our factory machine has fault @midnight while my brother's engineer dont pick his phone (may be hes has slept off).My brother started to repair the engine and he need few tools to do the job,he asked me if i can manage to drive the car to house and pick the tools.I said YES,he gave me the key and i begin to go (midnight,free road).
Thats was how I become expert driver since that day
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Atmmachine(m): 3:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
holamiday: Really, what does driving abroad entail that makes people fail the tests over & over? Do they fly with cars? Or is it mastery of road signs? I strongly believe i can drive easily anywhere on earth.

You may correct me.

Please, explain these simple road signs or you will never get an ordinary learners permit in America

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
Obinnau: you have got some brain issues.
Na ur papa n brodas n sisters 4 aus get brain issues animal. Fvucking retard. U d dumbazz here finkn banning me 4rm literature section will do me any harm bt it dint cos I can't rememba d last tym I evn bn dere. U fink cos u a mod amma b scared of u Are u high whch authority n power do u av? Jst cos u av admin right in one page u fink u a God? U are dumb..
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by rutibaby(f): 4:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
Still looking 4 who 2 teach me. Pls, can someone help me out !!!

THANKS.
YOURS FAITHFULLY
RUTIBABY.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by LLVelly: 4:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
This is my driving story
-at 7months I was pictured riding babysitting car,
-at 2yrs it was 6tyres bicycle to 4tyres
-6yrs it was 2tyre bycycle
-then comes 8yrs i didn't buy I biult a boylex cycle cost me N35 back then, N20 for 3boylex, I stole our landlord planks(wood) plus nail. Bought steering N7. Bought N5 ice water at N1 each for me and my homies that help me out.
-at 12 my people bought me a 2tyre bicycle.
-after my waec exam I started learning how to drive car. On one xmass holiday in my village I stole d keys of my papa peugeut504 while he was sleeping,he trecked to meeting dat day. I returned d car in d evening at my papa absence then willfully went to my maternal home til the day we return.
I bought my first car golf4 last year a krazy friend rebuy it from me after 2months. Now I'm riding toyota 2.2 (2008) model. I bought it this year.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by NaLaugh: 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2014

Was driving like a BOSS!
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by DAVE5(m): 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2014
Chynx: I started driving at the age of 13. My Dad owned a scrap Peugeot 404 truck which was obviously a Manually transmitted vehicle. My elder brother (who was 15 at that time) and I, used to start the truck by joining two wires together because the key ignition system was bad and my Dad had it hotwired. (Money no dey to buy new ignition). We use the handle of a spoon or any flat metal to release the steering lock, by turning on the ignition first before joining the wires. The truck was always at home, while Dad and Mum were away at work. The family only took it to the farm on Saturdays. That gave room for plenty of time to practice what we watch Daddy do. grin

I Did my first interstate drive from Benin to Owerri at 14. It was my Dad's Peugeot 504 this time. My Mum had to travel for August meeting; needed to be mobile in the village but did not have the heart to drive herself through the highway. I took the vehicle down to the villa for her...and enjoyed almost two weeks of a lovely August villa experience.

I still have my very first learner's permit which was arranged for me at the age of 14 (Naija Factor), and which I would have shared on this forum...but for security reason due to the "faceless forum" thingy. I believe I was one of the youngest drivers on the streets of Benin at some point.

My longest drive was from Owerri to Sokoto. That was during my NYSC days. My Dad had got me a brand new car then (Toyota Corolla 1.8GLI...European) as a graduation gift. I did not want to leave the car for anyone to damage...so I insisted on taking my car with me for the twelve (12) months that I was going to be away, serving my country.

It was a tough trip...as I had to tango with a "The Young Shall Grow" luxurious bus driver somewhere around Minna in Niger state. He agreed to show me through the rest of the journey if i stayed close; so I followed his trail through Kaduna, Katsina, Gusau in Zamfara and finally, Farufaru in Sokoto. I hear whiiiiiiin!

Driving is pleasurable...if you've got the will.

Cheers.

story story...

started driving manual at 17 (took me some time though)
auto : 25
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
Started at age 24,I was very popular for bashing people's cars grin but now I compete with danfo drivers and keke napep drivers grin thanks to my agbero teacher who taught me how to drive,it took me about 3 months to perfect my driving ability grin grin grin...on a serious note I drive better than some men now cheesy

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 15, 2014
Atmmachine:

Please, explain these simple road signs or you will never get an ordinary learners permit in America
Really i don't know what any of them says, but i'll learn in no time.

Is that all.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by LordReed(m): 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
Started learning at 14 but boarding school didn't allow me to perfect it till I was 18.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by scobaba: 5:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
feb 14th 2014 at 33.....
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Revolva(m): 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2014
Who cares am a boss I employ drivers
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by teebahg: 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2014
ademega: At what age did u start driving , how did it all start and how many days it took u to learn it perfectly? Share ur experience .
16 took me a day to learn.if you doubt it, your wahala
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by tmanis(m): 7:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
16... felt so natural, I did not have any problems... been watching my dad for like 3 years...
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by iphedahyor(m): 7:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
at 22 I still don't know how to drive......I don't have an excuse.....it's just so pathetic
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by skasski: 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2014
it's like everyone on this forum can drive or want to, but 95% of nigerians don't have car
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Chinom(m): 8:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
skasski: it's like everyone on this forum can drive or want to, but 95% of nigerians don't have car

99.5% of Nigerians are also not on this forum. What's your point ?.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by room089: 8:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
Eyaaaaaaaa
Una own beta o!
Me I no see moto enta. Me na so so treck I dey trek dey look for FGN mass assisted bus. If I get small change for pocket, I go enta molue, danfo or keke. If maga pay, I go enta okada. I neva even touch steering kpa kpa sef talkless of learning. People wey go teach me dey but no moto, dos wey get moto dey do shakara wit dia gwura-gwura moto! angry
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by armyofone(m): 8:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
Lol, thanks goodness for Garmin GPS. I just type the address of where I'm going, stay on my lane and then I'm there grin

Atmmachine:
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by chikevictor(m): 8:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
I started at the age of 19,it took me 2months to perfect it.Now I can drive to obodo oyibo A̶̲̅πϑ come back.LOL.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Hero10001: 9:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
At 29, i'm yet to drive but at 30, i'll cruise the best newgen engine. IJN (amen) :-)

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Koats14(m): 9:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
@17 started with manual
@18....didn't even move an inch with neutral
@19 resumed with my dad's new no-plate numbered car,started driving a 911 mercedes benz truck(water tanker) and 1st ride(auto) on my friend's mum's auto transmission
@20-Now steal-driving popsi's taxi cab on sundays when he's not around(stopped though cos of amebos),cruising my coz's mazda626!!
#funniest_tin my dad heard from sources(amebos) that i can drive,bet they didn't tell him i drive tankers also *lol* #longVehicleOnMyMind#
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Pennywise(m): 9:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
Started driving at 28. It was my first car. Before then at age about 13 thinking i could drive, I brought down a signboard and almost ran over a child at play.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by sparkleboy(m): 11:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
Started stealing at age 16 but withing the street tinz. By 17 took by 2 siblings to church on a major highway with my heart pounding like a pestle and mortar. Iwas scared shitless while coming back cos it was late, I picked my grandma, and my 3 siblings with a pregnant aunt
The whole six of us drove back ccos everyone was yelling an advice or the other especially whenever a trailer was approaching.
That night when my mum came back she screamed and shouted when my granny spilled the secret and called my Dad telling him that I wanted to kill my 3 siblings and her mother alongside our pregnant aunt. It was a serious night but since then I got my freedom.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Naija Kazeems Wahala / FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires / Restoring A Classic - Volkswagen 1500 Beetle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.