Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US (79260 Views)

WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town / The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) / First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Arnoldo(m): 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2014
candy:
My point is:The international community don't fancy us. However, we are still at their mercy and we either come up with our own cure fast or we go begging on our knees.

This is a desperate situation that calls for desperate measures on all angles. Our leaders can't afford to tow the ego line at this crucial time. Some valuable lives are at stake here.

BTW, what's up with the money naija recently contributed towards this ebola stuff days back? What really is it meant for? To find a cure- which naija won't benefit from? Or to get medical aids for those countries? - aids that we need desperately ourselves!

#still I pray for God's intervention#
and are we going to start begging without testing our nano silver?.....oh because it was discovered by a Nigerian?.the 1.9b ? wild they use stones to setup quarantine centers?.....I am not a Jonathan fan BT d man made one of d fastest move he has ever made during this outbreak.......my friend u must like begging y not carry a plate and go to Onitsha head bridge ...we can be dropping for u change when traveling home. .....mtchew!!!!!!"
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Project400: 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2014
Acidosis:

...and who says a "pesticide" cannot cure a deadly virus??

Indomethacin (popularly called Indocid in Nigeria) is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDs) used for severe pain, osteoarthritis, angina (not sure), etc., yet the same drug is used as a rodent killer.

Oh f00lish America; there is another rat poison called coumadin (4 hydroxythiocoumarin). This is the same chemical that is used to make a drug to prevent blood clots in human blood called warfarin!

Hating won't help that country called USA cool smiley

Interesting

2 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by ghostofsparta(m): 6:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
Click HERE to read the plausible origin of this particular virulent Ebola virus.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by klarke(m): 6:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
candy:
Mass death I guess undecided

I guess Jonathan just doesn't have the personality and carriage of leaders to be reckeoned with, or why would naija be denied of foreign aides in terms of drugs and other supplies? If it's necessary, guy better go and beg, cap in hand, so that naija doesn't lose out.
. Y must everything that goes wrong be abt Jonathan? If u don't insult ur president I guess ur comment will be incomplete. What has US refusing to give us ZMAPP got to do with jonathan...Haba! he is human, let give him some respect & support.

4 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by klarke(m): 6:43pm On Aug 15, 2014
candy:
Mass death I guess undecided

I guess Jonathan just doesn't have the personality and carriage of leaders to be reckeoned with, or why would naija be denied of foreign aides in terms of drugs and other supplies? If it's necessary, guy better go and beg, cap in hand, so that naija doesn't lose out.
. Y must everything that goes wrong be abt Jonathan? If u don't insult ur president I guess ur comment will be incomplete. What has US refusing to give us ZMAPP got to do with jonathan...Haba! he is human, let give him some respect & support.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 15, 2014
Arnoldo: they want us to come beg them for the drug....do u expect Jonathan to do DAT when countries like Canada is willing to give theirs free....useless white rats
Ordinarily, I don't expect Mr President to stoop unnecessarily low to get the drugs. However, I'm looking at this whole ish from another angle- the angle that puts human life above protocols, above ego. There is a Yoruba adage that says: if one is not holding a sword, one doesn't ask for the person that killed one's father. In other words, we don't have a cure yet, we are really not in a position to flex muscle with them. I love my country, I'm not a politician but i just want this virus flushed out for good.

We don't have to beg America if Canada can bail us out. I pray one of them comes to our aid.
#still I trust God for his timely intervention#
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Arnoldo(m): 6:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Map BioPharma have agreed to release their Experimental drug (ZMapp) to Africans, what has stopped our President and the Minister of Health from contacting Them for the Experimental drugs (Supporting them financially). This embarrassment with this Nano Silver issue shows the height of incompetency in our health Ministry.

Even if they wanted to test it, it should have been in secret with top health researchers. This Minister of Health must go. He has been a total failure.
you are a fool.......that was discovered by a Nigerian scientist in diaspora... and can't u see u.s don't want to give us......y not test it b4 castigating it?....and what has our minister of health done wrong boffun!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by stevecantrell: 6:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
Forwetinnah:

I think they should begin to really check this Nano silver stuff. Since its from the US, they can contaminate it to prove a point ( that's how low they can go). The Nigerians making these stuff had better take NOTE, all new batches should be checked!! I'm so appalled by the impunity of the US government. Rubbish!!

Don't worry , I brought in my stock well before the ebola outbreak. Nobody's messed with it. wink feel free to get yourself and family protected now.
Its easier to prevent illness than cure it.

Take a teaspoon in the morning, and another in the evening. I do this everyday since this thing (ebola) arrived Lagos.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by arsetalks(m): 6:48pm On Aug 15, 2014
BluIvy: How crazy are you? Your president fires 8000 doctors, your doctors go on strike and not return for the emergency, your health workers run and abandon patients if they do not turn them away and all of that you want other countries to send doctors? See your life oops!
So other countries who are sending their people are dumb right? Yet you think I am the one not you thats crazy.

I know for sure that countries are sending their people, my friend who is technician nurse with NHS is been sent, my 2 cousins in Germany are also been sent. Id.iot get your facts right before you call people "crazy".
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
MissMeiya: Silver Nano (Silver Nano Health System) is a trademark name of an antibacterial technology which uses ionic silver nanoparticles in washing machines, refrigerators, air conditioners, air purifiers and vacuum cleaners introduced by Samsung in April 2003.[1]
FOLLOW BACK NA tongue
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by gidjah(m): 6:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
cirmuell: Give us Ur serum, you refused. We came up with a 'likely' cure you're whining again...for petes sake what really do the US govt want? undecided
thats what you get from dictators who only want u to stay under and never get up so as not to measure up to her!all d best herbs on earth are all in africa, this demons condemn our herbs and prefer that we live under their paracetamol and ignore our own ,its not really their fault, abi na their ?if africa had good , selfless and patriotic leaders who are ever interested in the growth,will europe be able to raise up her ugly head in condemnin us today?

5 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by roufy235(m): 6:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
hmm
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by ngona(f): 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
We are so aware of this Americans 419, as if the care for the lives of Nigerians, wicked people.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
bigbozz: ONE THING IS CERTAIN ABOUT US.
...we are brood of noise makers
...we have no secret
if our military want to go and fight BOKO BOYS, they must announce it, telling people how many troops are going, when will they go, and were they will start operation.
Just a trial Drug ,the news is all over the place and see the kind of disgraceful respect it has accord us; pesticide! imagine that. PLEASE, somebody close should tell that mister to SHUT UP a bit!
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Btruth: 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
cirmuell: Give us Ur serum, you refused. We came up with a 'likely' cure you're whining again...for petes sake what really do the US govt want? undecided
don't mind them. Oloosho ni won.

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by 50calibre(m): 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
SirShymex:

At the bold - the funniest thing is that - since the West Africa Ebola outbreak, no one has been able to tell the world which variant of the Ebola virus it's, despite the fact that it looks contagious, and it's a more vicious one. Yet we keep hearing about all kinds of countries having experimental drugs - shocking!

Honestly, most Africans don't understand world politics and folks are just too myopic and naive to see that there are no friends in this game, it's about survival of the fittest, and the weakest will always be collateral damage. Hence Africa has always been at the receiving end of everything. Geopolitics is deeper than the fictitious globalisation - it's a game of winner takes all run by global elites and corporations, and everyone is trying to maximise whatever they can get out of it. Africans need to get busy and start doing for "self" - the west, east, and all the blocs on the planet don't give two fvcks about Africa.

And hell yeah, they world is too inter-connected today, especially western Europe that's more or less connected to everywhere. Hence they're keeping an eye on Africans who might want to come over and pollute Europe with the virus. Trust me, if Ebola gets to UK or Germany tomorrow, don't be surprised if another "secret" Ebola drug drops from the sky. That's how the game goes. grin

Hahahahaha definitely!! If Ebola finds its way into Europe, a cure will emerge from nowhere. But damn!! It will be proper scary and spread like wildfire.

Zaire had the first cases of Ebola in the 70s, when they were being ruled by a complete airhead Mobutu Seseseko who knew only how to siphon money.

Somehow, Ebola was brought under control and since then no African government has taken the initiative to invest resources into further research on this vicious virus (despite smaller outbreaks over the years) other countries who never experienced Ebola, developed experimental drugs and kept them in anticipation of something like this.

I think Africa deserves no sympathy from anyone.

A lot is still not known about Ebola, most of the information being circulated are old and outdated or just products of brief research, the west is just starting to pay more attention to this virus.

I'm still of the opinion that this particular strain could be airborne, just take a look at the infection rate, it's insane!!

6 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by phantom(m): 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2014
Chigold101: Pussyeater i dont know how ur brain works but lets look at it this way. If ebola is gotn from bush meat as claimed by that evil nation of urs USA. Why was ebola not killing our for fathers? Apart from zaire & sudan in the 70s, malaysia in the 80s & ivory coast in 1994 tell me that country and that year where ebola killed people prior to 2014.
As ur brain dark reach... Tell me why ebola have not been spreading like wild fire until 2014? U r writing down what ur white masters taught u. As it stands today, no product that enters human body or that can be robd on the body from the USA enters chinese land because chinese people knew that sars fever was imported into their country by the united states.
U brain is sure one sided my pussyeater. Why is it that any virus that kills so fast with cure is always discovered by the USA?...

grin......kai see Nigerians and reasoning.

4 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 15, 2014
SirShymex:

At the bold - the funniest thing is that - since the West Africa Ebola outbreak, no one has been able to tell the world which variant of the Ebola virus it's, despite the fact that it looks contagious, and it's a more vicious one. Yet we keep hearing about all kinds of countries having experimental drugs - shocking!

Honestly, most Africans don't understand world politics and folks are just too myopic and naive to see that there are no friends in this game, it's about survival of the fittest, and the weakest will always be collateral damage. Hence Africa has always been at the receiving end of everything. Geopolitics is deeper than the fictitious globalisation - it's a game of winner takes all run by global elites and corporations, and everyone is trying to maximise whatever they can get out of it. Africans need to get busy and start doing for "self" - the west, east, and all the blocs on the planet don't give two fvcks about Africa.

And hell yeah, they world is too inter-connected today, especially western Europe that's more or less connected to everywhere. Hence they're keeping an eye on Africans who might want to come over and pollute Europe with the virus. Trust me, if Ebola gets to UK or Germany tomorrow, don't be surprised if another "secret" Ebola drug drops from the sky. That's how the game goes. grin

So so on point bro. True talk. We really need to start doing for self and not wait for these people to do it for us. It is just all politics, nobody gives a hoot about our welfare as Africans, and really, nobody should but us. Remember the Indo China wars and the Vietnam War? It is always about the west's interests, nothing else matters.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by rhames(m): 6:53pm On Aug 15, 2014
sartorius: By Toni Clarke

(Reuters) - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said on Thursday it has become aware of products being sold online that fraudulently claim to prevent or treat Ebola.

The FDA's warning comes on the heels of comments by Nigeria's top health official, Onyebuchi Chukwu, who reportedly said earlier Thursday that eight Ebola patients in Lagos, the country's capital, will receive an experimental treatment called nano-silver.

Erica Jefferson, a spokeswoman for the FDA, said she could not provide any information about the product referenced by the Nigerians.

The FDA did not specify any products in its warning.

Silver has been used as an antibacterial for centuries. Tiny silver particles known as nano-silver have controversially been incorporated into a variety of consumer products such as socks and bedding to help block odors caused by bacteria and mold.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency considers nano-silver a pesticide. Manufacturers of products that contain it must register them with the agency.

http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKKBN0GE2GD20140814?irpc=932 Nano-silver is also sometimes sold online as a dietary supplement even though Danish researchers found in a recent study that nano-silver can penetrate and damage cells.

The FDA regulates dietary supplements and said in its statement that "by law, dietary supplements cannot claim to prevent or cure disease."

The agency said it had received consumer complaints about the Ebola claims.

"Individuals promoting these unapproved and fraudulent products must take immediate action to correct or remove these claims or face potential FDA action," the agency said.

The Ebola outbreak ravaging West Africa has claimed 1,069 lives so far. Most have been in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia. Nigeria has confirmed 10 cases of the disease and four deaths.

If you cannot provide a solution to our problems, dont criticise us for using another alternative.

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by donodion(m): 6:54pm On Aug 15, 2014
with every molecule in my being im saying this for tthe world to read..

Mr Obama and your government..fuc.k yo,fuc.k your government,fuc.k your syrup of a zmapp,fuc.k your foreign policy with Nigeria,and you can go Bleep yourselves at thr deepest end of hell.

keep your zmapp or zgraph.If it will cost us the loss of countymen and women for my coutry,Nigeria to evolve and develop a lasting solution and serum to your evil cocktail EVD...so be it.....Nigeria shall evolve....In sha Allah Nigeria shall evolve.

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by stevecantrell: 6:54pm On Aug 15, 2014
Pennywise:

Maybe we should go back to the use of mercury for the treatment of syphilis. Nano silver as a prsospective drug for treating ebola is nothing but a cheap scam. I am shocked that a health minister can even voice this. What kind of a prof is he? We had better stick with our salt and water. It costs next to nothing and its far less poisonous.

If the health minister must go, let him take his advisers and the head of national centre for disease control along with him. He didn't come to this conclusion all by himself. The people advising him are experienced scientists.

I think the onus is for 'un believers' to disprove that nano silver is at the very least, useful in the fight against this menace.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2014
Arnoldo: you are a fool.......that was discovered by a Nigerian scientist in diaspora... and can't u see u.s don't want to give us......y not test it b4 castigating it?....and what has our minister of health done wrong boffun!!!!!!!

What's the name of the Nigeria scientist in the diaspora? Do you mind sharing with us?

2 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by UrbanMystique: 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2014
SirShymex:

something meaningful here

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by pussyeater(m): 6:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
Lots of STEWPID peeps on NL these days blabbing trasy talk about US, like what have they done to help Nigeria! Now tell me either one of ur family members didnt immigrate to the Us via visa lottery! Awon werey jatijati!

3 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
Arnoldo: and are we going to start begging without testing our nano silver?.....oh because it was discovered by a Nigerian?.the 1.9b ? wild they use stones to setup quarantine centers?.....I am not a Jonathan fan BT d man made one of d fastest move he has ever made during this outbreak.......my friend u must like begging y not carry a plate and go to Onitsha head bridge ...we can be dropping for u change when traveling home. .....mtchew!!!!!!"
Did you see anywhere in my post where I condemned Nano silver? No sir, I pray it works. My comment was just in response to a comment.

BTW, Shey you don dey practice for Onitsha head bridge ni? Carry softly o tongue

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by stevecantrell: 6:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
UrbanMystique: something meaningful here

Yes, indeed there is.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
My friend, you did not come up with any cure. Nano silver has been in use for ages and does not even cure nothing!
For fvcks sake, why are Nigerians so obtuse? That health minister, Onyebu-whatever should be sacked!

4 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by arsetalks(m): 6:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
chrisbaba1: [size=14pt]Do we have to wait for the USA to approve of what what research we have made to improve the life of our people. The last time i checked, Nigerians have enough mental resources to carry out our own researches..... Send the option to our scientists and let them approve or disapprove. its time we cut this chains the western world keeps putting us in and decide our own fate we are grown enough to stand!!! also reveal the scientist who sent this drug, or was the Nigerian Authority scammed This jonathan administration will be responsible by force else we cant survive gloriously much longer as a nation![/size]
The problem is not America to be honest, the problem is the man who is managing the affairs of this nation who cannot do anything for himse.

He seems just a decoration. I am sure America is trying to ensure that we reverse the laws banning homosexuals and I will not be surprised if this administration end up allowing that d*ckhead call Obama have his way.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by 50calibre(m): 6:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
Fxwarrior:

Are you saying Nigeria is poor? After all the money Abacha carted away, the $20 billion, the power money,aviation money,bullet proof car saga and other such diverted funds and yet we haven't gone bankrupt.

Trust me Nigeria is very rich only misplaced priority and corruption.

Nigeria is regarded as a poor country which could have been one of the richest.

Nigeria's money is ghost money, just figures on paper whereas the actual money is sitting comfortable in private accounts all over the world.

The west sends aid money to Nigeria, but instead of using it for its earmarked purpose, it is hijacked and diverted straight to private purses.

2 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by pussyeater(m): 6:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
ngona: We are so aware of this Americans 419, as if the care for the lives of Nigerians, wicked people.
Keeping on blaming US for ur failure! U hear?

4 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
talk2ody2k: The US behind the outbreak of Ebola virus in west Africa

Typical dull African
Instead of thinking of solution you're looking for whom to blame

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

How to cure darkspots on the face left from pimples / 81-Year-Old Russian Grandma Comes Back To Life 7Hours After Being Declared Dead / Ene, Emaciated Lady In Ajah Is Rehabilitated (New Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.