Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun (6068 Views)

Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! / According To Jesus, Yahweh Is Evil. / Yahweh And His Lying Angels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by TenQ: 9:23am On Nov 17, 2022
Dear LegalWolf,
I guess when someone's ability to comprehend simple English is low, he reads fictitious meanings into plain texts.
Who was to drive out the inhabitants of the Land? Was it God or Judah?

PART 1:
IN SIMPLE English (Paraphrased)
Judges 1:19 reads.
In spite of the fact that the Lord was with Judah, Judah couldn't drive out the inhabitants of the mountains because they had chariots of iron.

Why couldn't Judah drive them out in spite of the fact that God was with him? The reason was that Judah knew that they they had chariots of iron.

The verse assumed that Judah had the capability of taking the Land because God was with him BUT Judah thought otherwise and because of his excuse of them having chariots of Iron (which he didn't have). In other words, Judah's faithlessness prevented him from conquering the land.

You must answer the question below FIRST for us to continue!
PART TWO:
When Mohammed lost the Battle of Uhud with his set of front teeth, was Allah with him or not?

Please, straight to the answer: then we can continue else, have a nice day!
Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:15am On Nov 17, 2022
NNTR:

Judges 4:17
'And during the battle, the LORD confused Sisera, his chariot drivers, and his whole army.
Everyone was so afraid of Barak and his army,
that even Sisera jumped down from his chariot and tried to escape.
'

Faith is a game changer. Without faith, its impossible to please God. Without faith, God's Hands' are tied up, literally, just as was seen happened in Judges 1:19.

Alternative questions equally good to ask would be.
1. Why did Ogun commit suicide?
2. For what ends were the homicide and suicide committed by Ogun?
3. What purpose did the killing and even the death of Ogun serve?

When talking about greatness it's pointless digging into what someone did in the past to judge because some were great in the past but others have broken their records by doing greater things.

So to decide who is alive and who is dead between YHWH and ÒGÚN we don't need any past stories rather what we need is current affairs.

Let the WITNESSES (WORSHIPERS) of both Gods step forward so we all can see through their performance which God is alive until now! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by LegalWolf: 10:50am On Nov 17, 2022
Five mentions within the space of how many hours grin grin grin. I must have a struck below the belt. NNTR, TenQ and Hissplendor all rushing down to challenge the obvious.

This is the first mention in respect of the post (on my page) so I will deal with it. I have read other comments from NNTR quoting book of Matthew written by anonymous person (to top it off - the Jews do not even accept Matthew as scriptural) to explain this simple incompetence of yhwh.

I don't think you guys actually understand the purport of Judges 1:19 and quoting a completely different chapter referring to a completely different event is being hypocritical. DO YOU WANT TO SEND DELUSIONS TO ME, TOO grin grin?

HisSplendor:

I'll advise TenQ to leave this question to me and avoid your dubious attempt to detail the thread.

Let me answer you.

Josh.17.16
"And the children of Joseph said, The hill is not enough for us: and all the Canaanites that dwell in the land of the valley have chariots of iron, both they who are of Bethshean and her towns, and they who are of the valley of Jezreel."

Josh.17.17
"And Joshua spake unto the house of Joseph, even to Ephraim and to Manasseh, saying, Thou art a great people, and hast great power: thou shalt not have one lot only:"

Josh.17.18
"But the mountain shall be thine; for it is a wood, and thou shalt cut it down: and the outgoings of it shall be thine: for thou shalt drive out the Canaanites, though they have iron chariots, and though they be strong."

From the above scripture, the children of Manasseh came to complain to Joshua that they need more land but since Canaanites with iron chariots dwelt in their allotted portion, they cannot possess the land. Joshua responded that, they could possess the land even though the inhabitants have iron chariots.

Read the verse again. The issue isn't whether God could help them drive out the Canaanites who had the iron chariots or not. The issue was that, the children of Judah weren't bold enough to go on a confrontation.

Faith in God, followed by bold actions is what brings victory. God wouldn't push Judah into the battle, they had to go there by themselves.

Take a look at this scripture below. God is not limited by iron chariots.

Judg.4.1
And the children of Israel again did evil in the sight of the LORD, when Ehud was dead.

Judg.4.2
And the LORD sold them into the hand of Jabin king of Canaan, that reigned in Hazor; the captain of whose host was Sisera, which dwelt in Harosheth of the Gentiles.

Judg.4.3
And the children of Israel cried unto the LORD: for he had nine hundred chariots of iron; and twenty years he mightily oppressed the children of Israel.

When the children of Israel cried out to God, He raised up Deborah as a prophetess with instructions for Barak to direct the Army.

Judg.4.6
And she sent and called Barak the son of Abinoam out of Kedeshnaphtali, and said unto him, Hath not the LORD God of Israel commanded, saying, Go and draw toward mount Tabor, and take with thee ten thousand men of the children of Naphtali and of the children of Zebulun?

Barak was reluctant. He wasn't bold enough to take up the challenge. He insisted that Deborah must go with him, otherwise, he'll not move an inch.

Judg.4.9
And she said, I will surely go with thee: notwithstanding the journey that thou takest shall not be for thine honour; for the LORD shall sell Sisera into the hand of a woman. And Deborah arose, and went with Barak to Kedesh.

Judg.4.11
Now Heber the Kenite, which was of the children of Hobab the father in law of Moses, had severed himself from the Kenites, and pitched his tent unto the plain of Zaanaim, which is by Kedesh.

Judg.4.14
And Deborah said unto Barak, Up; for this is the day in which the LORD hath delivered Sisera into thine hand: is not the LORD gone out before thee? So Barak went down from mount Tabor, and ten thousand men after him.

Judg.4.15
And the LORD discomfited Sisera, and all his chariots, and all his host, with the edge of the sword before Barak; so that Sisera lighted down off his chariot, and fled away on his feet.

Judg.4.16
But Barak pursued after the chariots, and after the host, unto Harosheth of the Gentiles: and all the host of Sisera fell upon the edge of the sword; and there was not a man left."

And who is allah or mohammed? A weak god that needs the help of his followers to help him kill his perceived enemies.

Frankly speaking, the lies of the quoran are so obvious that, you have to be spiritually blind and enslaved to believe the tales of mohammed. Such a false prophet with very dubious character is what you call a prophet?

I am amazed that someone following a fake god with a morally bankrupt prophet would be here rambling and ranting vehemently against the Almighty God.

Rather than cherry pick scriptures for argument sakes, why not take your time to study the Bible with an unbiased mind in a sincere attempt to know the truth. Many of us have already done that with the quoran; and our position today is knowledge based. Not indoctrination.

Now I will address your comments in parts:

First off, you quoted the book of Joshua 17: 16 - 18, am I correct? But the event described in Judges 1:19 CAME AFTER the death of Joshua [See Judges 1:1]. So, it is completely irrelevant.

The battle judges 1:19 is making reference to had nothing to do with the time of Deborah, a prophet, that you fraudulently made reference to . Far from it! Let me invite you to read the preceding relevant verses to 19. Here you go:

1. After the death of Joshua, the Israelites asked the Lord, “Who of us is to go up first to fight against the Canaanites?”

3. The men of Judah then said to the Simeonites their fellow Israelites, “Come up with us into the territory allotted to us, to fight against the Canaanites. We in turn will go with you into yours.” So the Simeonites went with them.

17. Then the men of Judah went with the Simeonites their fellow Israelites [MY COMMENT: THIS IS APPARENT REFERENCE TO JUDGES 1:3] and attacked the Canaanites living in Zephath, and they totally destroyed[c] the city. Therefore it was called Hormah.

18. Judah also took Gaza, Ashkelon and Ekron—each city with its territory. [MY COMMENT: THE USE OF ALSO MAKES IT ABUNDANTLY CLEAR THAT WE ARE MAKING REFERENCE TO THE SAME EVENT. ISN'T IT?]

19. (MY COMMENT: This is the juice of the matter grin grin grin) The Lord was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but they were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had chariots fitted with iron.

Now look at the verse of the Bible you quoted:

Judg.4.1
And the children of Israel again did evil in the sight of the LORD, when Ehud was dead.

The key point here is: AGAIN and WHEN EHUD WAS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hissplendor, let me put it in highlight so you will see it clearly, you are narrating a totally different war WHEN EHUD WAS DEAD and during the period of Deborah and NOT BEFORE. But we are talking about the time when CALEB was still alive (father-in-law to and uncle of OTHNIEL who ostensible died before EHUD).

BUT yhwh could not help the children of Judah, despite being with them, [b] before the DEATH OF EHUD . Judges 1:12 - 15 confirms this. [/b]

The Question is:
1. So why would yhwh be with the children of Judah, yet because the enemies of Judah had iron chariots (not dane gun or bazooka or armoured tanks grin) he could not help them drive their enemies?

2. Or are you telling me that the bible is incoherent and Judges 1:12 - 15, preceding 19 was talking about the time of Deborah?

cc: TenQ
NNTR
Hissplendor
Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by LegalWolf: 10:55am On Nov 17, 2022
TenQ:
Dear LegalWolf,
I guess when someone's ability to comprehend simple English is low, he reads fictitious meanings into plain texts.
Who was to drive out the inhabitants of the Land? Was it God or Judah?

PART 1:
IN SIMPLE English (Paraphrased)
Judges 1:19 reads.
In spite of the fact that the Lord was with Judah, Judah couldn't drive out the inhabitants of the mountains because they had chariots of iron.

Why couldn't Judah drive them out in spite of the fact that God was with him? The reason was that Judah knew that they they had chariots of iron.

The verse assumed that Judah had the capability of taking the Land because God was with him BUT Judah thought otherwise and because of his excuse of them having chariots of Iron (which he didn't have). In other words, Judah's faithlessness prevented him from conquering the land.

You must answer the question below FIRST for us to continue!
PART TWO:
When Mohammed lost the Battle of Uhud with his set of front teeth, was Allah with him or not?

Look at a potential thief giving me condition grin grin grin, after you have fraudulently forged a statement and attributed it to me. LOL!
Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by LegalWolf: 10:56am On Nov 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

When talking about greatness it's pointless digging into what someone did in the past to judge because some were great in the past but others have broken their records by doing greater things.

So to decide who is alive and who is dead between YHWH and ÒGÚN we don't need any past stories rather what we need is current affairs.

Let the WITNESSES (WORSHIPERS) of both Gods step forward so we all can see through their performance which God is alive until now! smiley

God bless you man! The thread is very clear, I do not know why they are all running helter-skelter just to avoid the simple question. Over to you

cc:
NNTR
TenQ
Hissplendor
Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by TenQ: 11:00am On Nov 17, 2022
LegalWolf:

Look at a potential thief giving me condition grin grin grin, after you have fraudulently forged a statement and attributed it to me. LOL!
Run away as usual!
The truth never changes!

Why couldn't you answer the simple question?

1 Like

Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by LegalWolf: 11:01am On Nov 17, 2022
TenQ:

LegalWolf was pained by my last three publications on Nairaland where Allah, Muslims, Islam and most importantly LegalWolf was bashed by the TRUTH exposing Islam. He this decided to align with Atheists (as they share the same father) to look for any straw he can grab as a weapon against me.

1. Trinity In Islam!? Muslims Cannot Explain!
2. How Allah Created Christianity
3. Plain IDOLATRY by Muslims in Islam?

Most Muslims kept QUIET because the evidences were overwhelming. However for LegalWolf, he decided to splash and argue stupidly and senselessly as a baby lawyer. He refused to answer questions while looking for non-existent technicalities to use.

It seems LegalWolf is becoming an atheist as a succour for the failures of Allah and his Messanger and Islam as a whole.

Let me post directly to him the Judges 1:19 his atheist companion in evil wrote about.

LOL, potential thief that forged a statement and attributed it to me. LOL! If you are so confident of yhwh, why would you lie in an argument and even go ahead to forge a statement? I know you quoted me one more time in your thread but I am not responding that (as I have peaced out). I won't give credence to a potential thief ! Only God knows what else you will forge this time around!

Potential Thief!
Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:03am On Nov 17, 2022
LegalWolf:

God bless you man! The thread is very clear, I do not know why they are all running helter-skelter just to avoid the simple question. Over to you
cc:
NNTR
TenQ
Hissplendor
I'm 100% sure that you don't understand what i meant in that post, anyways you're welcome! smiley

1 Like

Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by LegalWolf: 11:03am On Nov 17, 2022
TenQ:

Run away as usual!
The truth never changes!

Why couldn't you answer the simple question?

It is not by shouting run away. It is having evidence to back it up. Did you or did you not forged a statement and attributed it to me ? Its a simple question potential thief grin
Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by LegalWolf: 11:04am On Nov 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I'm 100% sure that you don't understand what i meant in that post, anyways you're welcome! smiley

T for Thanks either ways!
Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by TenQ: 11:05am On Nov 17, 2022
LegalWolf:

LOL, potential thief that forged a statement and attributed it to me. LOL! If you are so confident of yhwh, why would you lie in an argument and even go ahead to forge a statement? I know you quoted me one more time in your thread but I am not responding that (as I have peaced out). I won't give credence to a potential thief ! Only God knows what else you will forge this time around!

Potential Thief!
I've answered your question, now answer mine

Are you DUMB!?
Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by TenQ: 11:07am On Nov 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I asked him after my response to him

He's be dodging as usual since then
Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by LegalWolf: 11:09am On Nov 17, 2022
TenQ:

I've answered your question, now answer mine

Are you DUMB!?

LOL, ohhh the potential thief feels triggered grin grin grin. This is how they resort to insult when reason fails them...LOL! Where did you answer my question about forging a statement and attributing it to me?
Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by HisSplendor: 11:45am On Nov 17, 2022
LegalWolf:

cc:
NNTR
TenQ
Hissplendor

Let me also expose your foolishness in saying Yahweh rested after creation and that He ate food - the ramblings of a slave whose god created nothing.

That scripture in Genesis you so love to deride has been grossly misinterpreted by you.

The Bible didn't say God rested after six days of creation, but that's what your ramblings have insinuated.

Rather, the Bible says God rested from His work. That is to say He stopped the creation work because He has finished it. He didn't stop before finishing but after finishing, He stopped that work.

Psalm 121:4 tells us that God neither sleeps nor slumber.

John 5:17: "But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work."

The fact that the Bible accurately described the earth as a circle when science was saying it is flat should tell you that only the Creator knows what He created. Meanwhile allah was also saying the earth is flat. He didn't know better then the scientists because he didn't create the earth. Hahaha!

1 Like

Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by elated177: 12:02pm On Nov 17, 2022
macof:

Yahweh, the god of Israel who in Semitic spirituality is the spirit of mountains and hills(if you doubt, challenge me to this)

Ogun, the spirit of all metallic elements particularly Iron. In yorubaland, Ire-Ekiti, Saki Oyo and Idanre are his patron cities.

Here we would see how the Bible records a battle between these two spirits

Judges 1:19 - And the Lord was with Judah, and he drove out the inhabitants of the mountain but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley because they had chariots of Iron

There's two things in this verse
1. Yahweh's strength lays in the mountain
2. Judah with the grace of Yahweh couldn't defeat an army with the grace of iron(Ogun)

Macof, I am glad you are still active on nairaland. This thread of yours has been long here, you may have changed your views.

This is not competition, but to clear your ignorance. YHVH Almighty has no equal and doesn't compete with any.

I am a saint, priest, servant, follower and messenger of YHVH Almighty, the Creator of the heavens, the earth, the seas and everything in them, the one and only true God. YAHVEH El Shaddai created the earth and everything on and in earth, including all the ferrous and non-ferrous metals and non-metals.

To your question, I quote the below:

1 Kings 20: 23 Meanwhile, the officials of the king of Aram advised him, “Their gods are gods of the hills. That is why they were too strong for us. But if we fight them on the plains, surely we will be stronger than they. 24 Do this: Remove all the kings from their commands and replace them with other officers. 25 You must also raise an army like the one you lost—horse for horse and chariot for chariot—so we can fight Israel on the plains. Then surely we will be stronger than they.” He agreed with them and acted accordingly.

1 Kings 20: 28 The man of God came up and told the king of Israel, “This is what YHVH says: ‘Because the Arameans think YHVH is a god of the hills and not a god of the valleys, I will deliver this vast army into your hands, and you will know that I am YHVH.’”

Macof, can you see that the king of Aram and his subjects made the same wrong assumption? YHVH Almighty owns both the mountains/hills and the plains/valleys.

Macof, take note of the following:

Deut 8:9 a land where bread will not be scarce and you will lack nothing; a land where the rocks are iron and you can dig copper out of the hills.

Amos 4: 13He who forms the mountains,
who creates the wind,
and who reveals his thoughts to mankind,
who turns dawn to darkness,
and treads on the heights of the earth—
YHVH God Almighty is his name.

I believe you have gotten the message.

Here is a bonus point.

1 Kings 18:40 Then Elijah commanded them, “Seize the prophets of Baal. Don’t let anyone get away!” They seized them, and Elijah had them brought down to the Kishon Valley and slaughtered there.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!
Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:18pm On Nov 17, 2022
What are the things ÒGÚN promised in the past that we can all see happening in the midst of it's worshipers today?

Whatever YHWH did in the past are stories today just as we have read about other gods like Zeus, Hermes, Jupiter, Ra, Ògún, Ṣàngó and many more. Anyone can just put up a story claiming:
"my God did this, my God did that"

The living God must be One whose words stays even when what was written has been forgotten or taken as fables the true God will continue working towards achieving what He promised! Isaiah 55:11

The problem with most religionists today is misrepresentation! They thought they're worshipers of one God whereas they're only blinded by credulity.

During the time people throughout the earth were fighting and killing themselves due to racial disparities, Israelites were also doing the same thing, that's the time YHWH promised saying:

And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

Regarding this promise YHWH sent His only begotten Son (Jesus Christ) to establish a group that will start gathering people from all the nations to fulfill His promise and Jesus did just so! Matthew 28:18-20; Act 1:8

Today that people of all the nations still believe in WEAPONS building destructive devices of all kinds, spending billions of dollars whereas many of their people can't afford a square meal. YHWH is WORKING with His own people to fulfill His promise. Throughout the world a global family of peace loving worshipers has sufficed in the name of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES or (YHWH's WORSHIPERS) this people are from different races, they have come together using the Bible to resolve all their racial disparities among themselves, divert their resources into the production of food and information materials, erased the making, buying, selling and usage of weapons in the heart of all their members and as for wars they have said "GOODBYE" in fulfilment of what their God promised!

So where is ÒGÚN? Please what exactly has it promised so we can SEE it's worshipers to verify if ÒGÚN is still alive or it's just some magical acts that could be done by any spirit that's been performed in the name of ÒGÚN just to continue deceiving those without wisdom! smiley

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by LegalWolf: 12:22pm On Nov 17, 2022
LOL!

Hissplendor, the truth may be a bitter pill to swallow, but it is the TRUTH. You cannot be living in deceit and we have a moral burden to wake you up from your slumber.

HisSplendor:

Let me also expose your foolishness in saying Yahweh rested after creation and that He ate food - the ramblings of a slave whose god created nothing.

That scripture in Genesis you so love to deride has been grossly misinterpreted by you.

The Bible didn't say God rested after six days of creation, but that's what your ramblings have insinuated.

Rather, the Bible says God rested from His work. That is to say He stopped the creation work because He has finished it. He didn't stop before finishing but after finishing, He stopped that work.

Psalm 121:4 tells us that God neither sleeps nor slumber.

John 5:17: "But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work."

The fact that the Bible accurately described the earth as a circle when science was saying it is flat should tell you that only the Creator knows what He created. Meanwhile allah was also saying the earth is flat. He didn't know better then the scientists because he didn't create the earth. Hahaha!

(ALL EMPHASIS MINE)

Look at the way you are reading your OWN interpretations to a very clear text. You clearly substituted the word 'STOP' for 'REST'? and that is not what most (if not all) the interpretations of the verse says. Do you want to send delusions to us . Are you trying to tell me that Hebrew does not have a better substitute for the word 'se-bat' when Genesis was revealed? Or don't you know that this is the origin of the sabath where jews relax on that day?

When we asked TenQ to defend this, he quoted the book of Isiah. Now you - you are quoting Psalms and John. Genesis has 50 chapters for crying out loud. Let's even assume that yhwh did not clarify the meaning for you all in Genesis, what about Exodus, Lev, Numbers and Deuteronomy (Books he allegedly revealed to Moses). All of these books have more than 120 chapter combined. Do you know how many prophets that passed from Moses (Aaaron, miriam etc) before David. Yet he could not clarify he rested and now you are even quoting John that is neither here or there.

Mr. man, as you rightly said, yhwh rested AFTER his work on the 7th day (and that is the basis of Jewish Shabbath Holiday). Let me paraphrase you grin: this points to one conclusion - that he rested after his work (of creation that took six days). 80% of the time, people rest only when they are tired, or exhausted. grin (This line should appear familiar, isn't it?
cc:
TenQ
NNTR
Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by HisSplendor: 12:31pm On Nov 17, 2022
LegalWolf:
LOL!

Hissplendor, the truth may be a bitter pill to swallow, but it is the TRUTH. You cannot be living in deceit and we have a moral burden to wake you up from your slumber.

(ALL EMPHASIS MINE)

Look at the way you are reading your OWN interpretations to a very clear text. You clearly substituted the word 'STOP' for 'REST'? and that is not what most (if not all) the interpretations of the verse says. Do you want to send delusions to us . Are you trying to tell me that Hebrew does not have a better substitute for the word 'se-bat' when Genesis was revealed? Or don't you know that this is the origin of the sabath where jews relax on that day?

When we asked TenQ to defend this, he quoted the book of Isiah. Now you - you are quoting Psalms and John. Genesis has 50 chapters for crying out loud. Let's even assume that yhwh did not clarify the meaning for you all in Genesis, what about Exodus, Lev, Numbers and Deuteronomy (Books he allegedly revealed to Moses). All of these books have more than 120 chapter combined. Do you know how many prophets that passed from Moses (Aaaron, miriam etc) before David. Yet he could not clarify he rested and now you are even quoting John that is neither here or there.

Mr. man, as you rightly said, yhwh rested AFTER his work on the 7th day and that is the basis of Jewish Shabbath Holiday. Let me paraphrase you grin: this points to one conclusion - that he rested after his work (of creation that took six days). 80% of the time, people rest only when they are tired, or exhausted. grin (This line should appear familiar, isn't it?
cc:
TenQ
NNTR

This is simple English. The deception of allah has a strong grip on you so much so that you can't see truth. But, I'll try my best to deliver you from that bondage.

Tell me how a person resting from a finished work connotes tiredness.

Tell me whether the Sabbath of the Jews is a day of rest after being tired.

Your answers are urgently awaited.
Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by TenQ: 12:55pm On Nov 17, 2022
LegalWolf:

LOL, ohhh the potential thief feels triggered grin grin grin. This is how they resort to insult when reason fails them...LOL! Where did you answer my question about forging a statement and attributing it to me?
Acting like a Town Clown avails you nothing baby lawyer!
Answer the simple question and stop wasting everyone's time.

Is it a difficult question?
Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by LegalWolf: 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2022
HisSplendor:

This is simple English. The deception of allah has a strong grip on you so much so that you can't see truth. But, I'll try my best to deliver you from that bondage.

Tell me how a person resting from a finished work connotes tiredness.

Tell me whether the Sabbath of the Jews is a day of rest after being tired.

Your answers are urgently awaited.

LOL! Wait o, you have abandoned my rebuttal to your answer on this same thread. Haven't you? LOL! Or when it comes to this thread, you are not concerned with 'relevant engagement' on the topic? grin grin Jungle go mature for your eye very soon! I will still indulge you, to a very limited extent.

On question 1:

I will call my old friend - the Cambridge Online English Dictionary - to the witness box. [After every formalities]
LegalWolf: Mr. Cambridge, can you tell this honourable forum the meaning of 'rest'?
CEOD: to (cause someone or something to) stop doing a particular activity or stop being active for a period of time in order to relax and get back your strength (emphasis mine) See: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/rest
LW: Thank you Mr. Cambridge. My Lord Justice Hissplendor, you can discharge the witness? grin

Again Mr Hissplendor, is my witness not credible? grin grin Or would you want me to cite a potential thief? By the way, I asked you a question on that potential thief which you avoided to this day (when he fabricated a quote and ascribed it to me, are you saying you did not see it?

On question 2:

Hissplendor, I think you should go learn a concept called sarcasm. And even at that, what I claimed was that Gen 2:3 is the basis of Jewish Sabath holiday and they relax on that day. So [b] where did you see me insinuate Sabbath of the Jews is a day of rest after being tired ?

LOL!

Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by LegalWolf: 1:07pm On Nov 17, 2022
TenQ:

Acting like a Town Clown avails you nothing baby lawyer!
Answer the simple question and stop wasting everyone's time.

It may be a difficult question for a potential thief grin but not for me. LOL!
Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by HisSplendor: 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2022
LegalWolf:

LOL! Wait o, you have abandoned my rebuttal to your answer on this same thread. Haven't you? LOL! Or when it comes to this thread, you are not concerned with 'relevant engagement' on the topic? grin grin Jungle go mature for your eye very soon! I will still indulge you, to a very limited extent.

On question 1:

I will call my old friend - the Cambridge Online English Dictionary - to the witness box. [After every formalities]
LegalWolf: Mr. Cambridge, can you tell this honourable forum the meaning of 'rest'?
CEOD: to (cause someone or something to) stop doing a particular activity or stop being active for a period of time in order to relax and get back your strength (emphasis mine) See: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/rest
LW: Thank you Mr. Cambridge. My Lord Justice Hissplendor, you can discharge the witness? grin

Again Mr Hissplendor, is my witness not credible? grin grin Or would you want me to cite a potential thief? By the way, [highlight] I asked you a question on that potential thief which you avoided to this day (when he fabricated a quote and ascribed it to me, are you saying you did not see it? [highlight]

On question 2:

Hissplendor, I think you should go learn a concept called sarcasm. And even at that, what I claimed was that Gen 2:3 is the basis of Jewish Sabath holiday and they relax on that day. So [b] where did you see me insinuate Sabbath of the Jews is a day of rest after being tired ?

LOL!

The rest in that verse is contextual. You cannot define it outside its context.

There's nothing insinuating tiredness in the context. It insinuates cessation from work.

A derivate of that is the Sabbatical Leave. Workers who go on sabbatical leave aren't tired. God who rested or ceased from the work of creation wasn't tired as well.

The very deep truth about that verse is that God wanted a day separated unto Him for His worship. That day, man must cease from work as God did from His.

In the same vein, the Israelites cease from work on the Sabbath day. Not because they're tired but because God ceased from His.

It is also a reflection of the salvation message. God laid a foundation for the work of grace in that verse. These are truths too deep for you to comprehend.

We cease from our physical struggles for righteousness as God did from His work of creation. God's rest becomes our rest even as the righteousness of Jesus becomes our righteousness. I'm not supposed to go this deep with you because you can't understand.

However, I have to let you know that God was setting forth a spiritual principle in that verse. The context is clear. He finished the work and rested from the work. He didn't create anything anymore.

Then, he separated the 7th day as a day of rest for man. Not because man would be tired after 6 days of work, but because He wanted man to follow the rules He laid down which actually has its spiritual implications unknown to canal men.
Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by TenQ: 2:08pm On Nov 17, 2022
HisSplendor:

The rest in that verse is contextual. You cannot define it outside its context.

There's nothing insinuating tiredness in the context. It insinuates cessation from work.

A derivate of that is the Sabbatical Leave. Workers who go on sabbatical leave aren't tired. God who rested or ceased from the work of creation wasn't tired as well.

The very deep truth about that verse is that God wanted a day separated unto Him for His worship. That day, man must cease from work as God did from His.

In the same vein, the Israelites cease from work on the Sabbath day. Not because they're tired but because God ceased from His.

It is also a reflection of the salvation message. God laid a foundation for the work of grace in that verse. These are truths too deep for you to comprehend.

We cease from our physical struggles for righteousness as God did from His work of creation. God's rest becomes our rest even as the righteousness of Jesus becomes our righteousness. I'm not supposed to go this deep with you because you can't understand.

However, I have to let you know that God was setting forth a spiritual principle in that verse. The context is clear. He finished the work and rested from the work. He didn't create anything anymore.

Then, he separated the 7th day as a day of rest for man. Not because man would be tired after 6 days of work, but because He wanted man to follow the rules He laid down which actually has its spiritual implications unknown to canal men.
Please can you ask LegalWolf this question he's been dodging

Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by LegalWolf: 2:19pm On Nov 17, 2022
LOL! This is how you draw non-textual interpretation to a very simple verse. And mind you: all these explanations you are given me over a very simple verse, would you have done the same if the case were reverse? Would you have accepted my explanation ? Anyways what you claimed is not true for various reasons I will give below:

HisSplendor:

The rest in that verse is contextual. You cannot define it independently from its context.

We cease from our physical struggles for righteousness as God did from His. God's rest becomes our rest even as the righteousness of Jesus becomes our righteousness. I'm not supposed to go this deep with you because you can't understand.

Firstly, like I have said, the word se-bath is translated in many bible translations as rest. And as I have rightly pointed out to you, resting connotes ceasing from something in order to regain strength. You only want to regain strength when you lost it. Let me paraphrase one of my pretty christian acquaintance: this points to one thing - 80% of the time, people regain strength only when they have lost it. ONLY when they are tired!

Secondly, if God did not 'rest' but only ceased working on the 7th day, [ he could have used the word stop/stay/ceased working or any of its variants NOT rest . In the same book of Genesis, the word 'stop' was used in Genesis 19:17 (as translated by many authors). What about Genesis 26:15, was stopped not used? So why give a clear text the meaning it is not intended?

Thirdly, alleged that there is nothing insinuating tiredness from the context. That is NOT true. yhwh RESTED FROM all his work. And which work are we talking about - the creation in the preceding six days. If the did context did not indicate tiredness, why did the bible not say stop/stay/cease etc. from his work instead of rest? ALL your explanation is just to twist the obvious!

Fourthly, your explanation of derivative is completely irrelevant. We are not concerned about the derivative BUT the actual word itself!

Finally, and I asked again, would you answer question regarding a potential thief which you have not responded. Did you not see it?

Cc:
TenQ
Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by LegalWolf: 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2022
TenQ:

Please can you ask LegalWolf this question he's been dodging

When Hissplendor was passing your questions to me, did you not still go ahead to forge a statement and attribute it to me (even putting your forged statement in quotation mark)?

I once dignified you by taking your questions from an intermediary. BUT AS A POTENTIAL THIEF, YOU SHALL NOT BE GRANTED THAT DIGNITY AGAIN

POTENTIAL THIEF grin
Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by TenQ: 3:54pm On Nov 17, 2022
LegalWolf:

When Hissplendor was passing your questions to me, did you not still go ahead to forge a statement and attribute it to me (even putting your forged statement in quotation mark)?

I once dignified you by taking your questions from an intermediary. BUT AS A POTENTIAL THIEF, YOU SHALL NOT BE GRANTED THAT DIGNITY AGAIN

POTENTIAL THIEF grin

What is so difficult in answering the question:
QUESTION:

Is it a difficult question?[/quote]
Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by TenQ: 3:56pm On Nov 17, 2022
LegalWolf:
LOL! This is how you draw non-textual interpretation to a very simple verse. And mind you: all these explanations you are given me over a very simple verse, would you have done the same if the case were reverse? Would you have accepted my explanation ? Anyways what you claimed is not true for various reasons I will give below:

Firstly, like I have said, the word se-bath is translated in many bible translations as rest. And as I have rightly pointed out to you, resting connotes ceasing from something in order to regain strength. You only want to regain strength when you lost it. Let me paraphrase one of my pretty christian acquaintance: this points to one thing - 80% of the time, people regain strength only when they have lost it. ONLY when they are tired!

Secondly, if God did not 'rest' but only ceased working on the 7th day, [ he could have used the word stop/stay/ceased working or any of its variants NOT rest . In the same book of Genesis, the word 'stop' was used in Genesis 19:17 (as translated by many authors). What about Genesis 26:15, was stopped not used? So why give a clear text the meaning it is not intended?

Thirdly, alleged that there is nothing insinuating tiredness from the context. That is NOT true. yhwh RESTED FROM all his work. And which work are we talking about - the creation in the preceding six days. If the did context did not indicate tiredness, why did the bible not say stop/stay/cease etc. from his work instead of rest? ALL your explanation is just to twist the obvious!

Fourthly, your explanation of derivative is completely irrelevant. We are not concerned about the derivative BUT the actual word itself!

Finally, and I asked again, would you answer question regarding a potential thief which you have not responded. Did you not see it?

Cc:
TenQ
Answer my question cry-cry weeping baby lawyer.

QUESTION:

Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by LegalWolf: 3:59pm On Nov 17, 2022
TenQ:

QUESTION:

ARE YOU NOT A POTENTIAL THIEF? LOL grin

Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by TenQ: 5:28pm On Nov 17, 2022
LegalWolf:

ARE YOU NOT A POTENTIAL THIEF? LOL grin

QUESTION:

Cry-cry Lawyer , don't waste our time. Answer the question!
Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by elated177: 6:45pm On Nov 17, 2022
HisSplendor:

Your response is good. The Creator finished his work of creation and rested. He did not stop because he was tired, he only stopped because he had finished. So, he was not exhausted. Since he finished his work of creation in six days, he rested from it on the seventh day, according to Scriptures. For the fact that he didn't continue the work of creation after the rest shows that he didn't stop because he was tired or exhausted.

Let us say, hypothetically, of course, that the Creator rested because he was tired or exhausted, is it a minor thing to create any of the things he created?

Let us say, hypothetically, of course, that he who created man by his own power was exhausted after that, is a small thing to create a human being? Has such been replicated by any power, whether human or supernatural entity?

The Creator does not get tired or weak. The weakness of the Creator, if at all it exists, is stronger than the highest strength of all humans and other supernatural powers/forces combined.

Consider this:
What an anointed servant of YHVH Almighty can do spiritually and get tired is enough to cause 10,000,000 ordinary humans to faint if they just attempt it.

1 Like

Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by elated177: 6:49pm On Nov 17, 2022
LegalWolf:

I have few questions to ask you.

Let us say, hypothetically, of course, that the Creator rested because he was tired or exhausted, is it a minor thing to create any of the things he created?

Let us say, hypothetically, of course, that he who created man by his own power was exhausted after that, is it a small thing to create a human being? Has such been replicated by any power, whether human or supernatural entity?

You are a Muslim, right? Do you believe that the God spoken of in that portion of the Scripture is the same one that you worship?

The Creator does not get tired or weak. The weakness of the Creator, if at all it exists, is stronger than the highest strength of all humans and other supernatural powers/forces combined.

Consider this:
What an anointed servant of YHVH Almighty can do spiritually and get tired is enough to cause 10,000,000 ordinary humans put together to faint if they just attempt it.
Re: Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun by NNTR: 7:08pm On Nov 17, 2022
LegalWolf:
LOL!

(ALL EMPHASIS MINE)

Mr. man, as you rightly said, yhwh rested AFTER his work on the 7th day (and that is the basis of Jewish Shabbath Holiday). Let me paraphrase you grin: this points to one conclusion - that he rested after his work (of creation that took six days). 80% of the time, people rest only when they are tired, or exhausted. grin (This line should appear familiar, isn't it?
cc:
TenQ
NNTR
Matthew 2:27
'Then Jesus said to them,
“The Sabbath was made to meet the needs of people,
and not people to meet the requirements of the Sabbath.
'

My beloved dearest LegalWolf, you're yet to get to grips with theology, in not knowing about God the maxim, leading by example, say it, do it, coach it, live it.

God, by setting that personal example, regardless of the fact that, He doesnt sleeping, nor slumber (i.e. Psalm 121:3-4), He was praising a behaviour He wanted human beings to follow

God didnt have to rest. He didnt have to take rest from the creation work, but He was setting a standard and showing how sabbath (i.e. rest) is done

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mysterious Bones Discovered At Mowe. Fossil? (Pics) / It Will End In TEARS AND MOURNING-A Prophecy About Nigeria In The Month Of June / Why Did Jesus Tell His Disciples To Buy Swords Before Crucifixion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 219
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.