Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,243 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine (66023 Views)

Ebola: Infected Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine. / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola / My Body Discharges Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:11am On Aug 17, 2014
rickkid: Please what are "universal precautions" that you had to put in misplaced quotation marks? Do you even have the first idea what you're talking about you this clown? Abeg before you make me vex this evening, just dey go your own jeje. Not everyone here is a semi literate Nigerian graduate like you so before you enter the wahala you can't understand, just reverse. And stay out of my mentions, I did not even talk to you.

You sound like the product of a leaking condom.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Stallione(m): 12:13am On Aug 17, 2014
angry cheesy 9aija my country,gud people,great nation.Obama am warning u for the last time,go back 2ur fatherland Kenya n think like an African man u are,not like indomie striken brain!!!.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:18am On Aug 17, 2014
rickkid: Please what are "universal precautions" that you had to put in misplaced quotation marks? Do you even have the first idea what you're talking about you this clown? Abeg before you make me vex this evening, just dey go your own jeje. Not everyone here is a semi literate Nigerian graduate like you so before you enter the wahala you can't understand, just reverse. And stay out of my mentions, I did not even talk to you.

Universal/Standard precautions are the practices that must be adopted by all healthcare workers (HCW) when potentially coming into contact with any patient’s blood, tissue or body fluid. They are based on a set of principles designed to minimise exposure to and transmission of a wide variety of micro-organisms. Since every patient is a potential infection risk it is essential that universal/standard precautions are used for all patients all of the time.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 12:32am On Aug 17, 2014
Ayam here. cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by oloriadejoke(f): 12:36am On Aug 17, 2014
I know God use dis great testimony 2 teach us never 2 depend on our fellow men..imagine how God just rubbish obama and his zmap abi wetin dem dey call am sef..mthewwww
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 17, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

You sound like a product of a leaking condom.
At least in my case, there was a condom and two consenting human adults of reasonable intellectual ability. You however, come across as the unfortunate result of forced experimental intercourse between a Ghanaian with Downs Syndrome and a moderately intelligent Ugandan Silverback Gorilla; a filthy, unholy union facilitated by a mad German scientist working out of a top secret location in Ilejemeje, Ekiti, SouthWestern Nigeria. The product of such a union was only ever intended to be a test subject, an abominable curiousity which would spend its life being prodded and poked by needles and electrodes; "Press Button A to make subject ask for a peanut, Button B to make subject have sudden, explosive diarrhea on itself" was meant to be the soundtrack to your rather bleak existence.
But alas! Fate had a twist to throw as Dr Josef Hitzlesperger contacted a deadly haemorrhagic fever from one of the apes he regularly engaged in unspeakable acts with and before this antichrist died, he chose to enact one final hate crime on the world by turning you loose into the forested wilderness to the South West of the Niger.
And that is how you came into the world, you vile, worthless product of illegitimate monkey ejaculat1on.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 12:42am On Aug 17, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Universal/Standard precautions are the practices that must be adopted by all healthcare workers (HCW) when potentially coming into contact with any patient’s blood, tissue or body fluid. They are based on a set of principles designed to minimise exposure to and transmission of a wide variety of micro-organisms. Since every patient is a potential infection risk it is essential that universal/standard precautions are used for all patients all of the time.
*clap clap clap* so it can use google and wikipedia! Dr Hitzlesperger would be so proud. Here, have a peanut.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 12:45am On Aug 17, 2014
And nobody better say anything cos I warned this primate that it should stay in its lane but as all monkeys do, it just had to go with trial and error. This will now be noted down as "error".
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Sarah0001: 12:46am On Aug 17, 2014
Getting my Ex back
my name is Sarah. I've known Lucas for years, When we finally got together things were kind of weird so we broke up which was in February of 2011 In June of 2012 he and I recently got back together and we were together until march of 2013 which he told me he was not interested in relationship again During that time I changed completely, I wasn't eating,I was sleeping a lot, I wasn't talking to anybody, I cried a lot,I'm so depressed and stressed out that I'm scared I'm going to end up in the hospital because of all the stress and depression until one day i search online on getting love tips because I Love & care about him deeply and I just want us to be together as a couple again and I want us to last forever Google recommend me Dr. Areghan realspellcaster112@gmail.com that he will solve my relationship problem then Dr. Areghan told me he will come back to me between 48hrs after he cast spell on him never believe it until my fiance called me on the phone and told me he want us to come back and live happy together forever , Am so happy now that DR Areghan help me bring Lucas back to me. Thanks so much Dr Areghan
Email:realspellcaster112@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by CoenzymeA: 1:10am On Aug 17, 2014
on top of what now? Haba! This is too much. You people should learn to be tolerant of one another, and if you must criticize do that constructively without resorting to personal abuses.
rickkid: At least in my case, there was a condom and two consenting human adults of reasonable intellectual ability. You however, come across as the unfortunate result of forced experimental intercourse between a Ghanaian with Downs Syndrome and a moderately intelligent Ugandan Silverback Gorilla; a filthy, unholy union facilitated by a mad German scientist working out of a top secret location in Ilejemeje, Ekiti, SouthWestern Nigeria. The product of such a union was only ever intended to be a test subject, an abominable curiousity which would spend its life being prodded and poked by needles and electrodes; "Press Button A to make subject ask for a peanut, Button B to make subject have sudden, explosive diarrhea on itself" was meant to be the soundtrack to your rather bleak existence.
But alas! Fate had a twist to throw as Dr Josef Hitzlesperger contacted a deadly haemorrhagic fever from one of the apes he regularly engaged in unspeakable acts with and before this antichrist died, he chose to enact one final hate crime on the world by turning you loose into the forested wilderness to the South West of the Niger.
And that is how you came into the world, you vile, worthless product of illegitimate monkey ejaculat1on.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 17, 2014
The doctor's blood sample should be taken and studied to see if the antibodies can be used to produce viable vaccine against the virus. Also, scientists should find out if recovery from the disease can produce immunity to the virus and if it is, the possibility of producing a cure or vaccine for other RNA viruses like HIV could be certain

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by baby124: 1:14am On Aug 17, 2014
Thank God Fashola is at least a fairly working governor. If this happened in other states, we would have all been in big trouble. In fact the governors would have run away from the states. Fashola did well in containing and tracking down all possible victims. So the praise goes to his government, especially DR. Idris or so who has been in charge of the situation. That guy deserves minister of health.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by baby124: 1:15am On Aug 17, 2014
I hope Nigerians have learnt a big lesson and in future budget well of research and health care so that we will be better prepared for any future catastrophe because they will keep coming whether we like or not

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by 9jatatafo(m): 1:17am On Aug 17, 2014
America has Zmapp, Nigeria has Jesus Christ! Good news and may always protect us. I just believe Patrick Sawyer was sent to Nigeria by Obama to come spread EVD to reduce our population but GOD is always with us. With all the fasting and praying together with the all-night-vigil we shall overcome. #ShameToObama

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Gucciboss: 1:20am On Aug 17, 2014
Different heading and body. News indeed!.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 1:30am On Aug 17, 2014
For the first time, in a very very very long time, I'm actually seeing a decent number of comments from intelligent people. I feel so relieved. Nigeria is not lost. That's wrong though, Nigeria is not Nairaland. Fortunately. Nairaland is not lost.

To be clear: I am referring to people who don't blindly blame the US for every goddamn thing, who understand how to research things on the internet, who depend on their brains instead of the white man's God, and who know how to spell and type in complete sentences.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by prettyboi1(m): 1:56am On Aug 17, 2014
Thank God for her life. We are grateful dear Lord....I'm so joyed because I actually said a personal prayer for her just this evening.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by prettyboi1(m): 1:58am On Aug 17, 2014
baby124: I hope Nigerians have learnt a big lesson and in future budget well of research and health care so that we will be better prepared for any future catastrophe because they will keep coming whether we like or not
Great comment, I hope so too my brother.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:10am On Aug 17, 2014
rickkid: At least in my case, there was a condom and two consenting human adults of reasonable intellectual ability. You however, come across as the unfortunate result of forced experimental intercourse between a Ghanaian with Downs Syndrome and a moderately intelligent Ugandan Silverback Gorilla; a filthy, unholy union facilitated by a mad German scientist working out of a top secret location in Ilejemeje, Ekiti, SouthWestern Nigeria. The product of such a union was only ever intended to be a test subject, an abominable curiousity which would spend its life being prodded and poked by needles and electrodes; "Press Button A to make subject ask for a peanut, Button B to make subject have sudden, explosive diarrhea on itself" was meant to be the soundtrack to your rather bleak existence.

This is what you get when contraceptives fail.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by CodeHouse: 2:20am On Aug 17, 2014
Great is thy faithfulness O Lord, ok it is time start shooting all of them carriers with Nano Silver Bullet
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Christmasdon(m): 2:36am On Aug 17, 2014
That ebola is a demonic disease/bacteria from pit of hell, maybe from space. I guess. God must have ,have Nigerians at heart.
I Love Jesus, i think itz time for me to start reading my bible verses.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 3:30am On Aug 17, 2014
barcanista: Shame on the Mad Man from Liberia
d guy is also an American

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by basty: 3:41am On Aug 17, 2014
This is the greatest news I have ever heard this year. Thanks ye the Lord
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by makzeze: 4:46am On Aug 17, 2014
barcanista: To God be the glory

What drugs/treatment was he given?
paracetamol, ibufrofen and Nano-silver.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 4:52am On Aug 17, 2014
GentleMimi:

SMH. You guys are far from reality. Ignorance is bliss. Do u work in a hospital setting?
The guy was rushed in on sunday night. It was an emergency. He was accompanied by an ECOWAS official. His condition was critical. The first thing that came to the minds of the front desk officer and nurses must have been ''Let us stabilize this individual first''. The guy cld not walk,he had to be assisted by peeps in the hospital,wheeled to the emergency room. Most of the primary cases are those who worked on sunday night/monday morning. You do not ask a guy in a critical condition if he is from Nigeria before u treat him. That is how it is done on the field of work,not behind the phone screen.
Suspicion of Ebola started on monday morning,after the dude claimed to be having MALARIA. He put pressure to be discharged. He denied ever being in contact with an ebola patient despite his sister's death. Under such circumstances,wld any of u have done better? I applaud the whole medical team!

@ Topic,this is one of the most humbling events ever encountered. Tears of joy for survivors,tears of pain for those who passed away. It will never be the same again. But in all,I say ''Thank You'',Baba God!
Lets not give excuses for our failures. The fact that he just arrived from Liberia, a country with an ongoing epidemic of Ebola, is enough to raise a RED FLAG of ebola until proven otherwise initially. It is not the patient that tells the doctor his diagnosis, rather it is the other way round. More over, collection of BIODATA is mandatory and one of the initial informations during patient assessment in the hospital.

Likewise, we've seen similar cases of symptomatic people with history of travel to countries with ebola outbreak,eg Saudi Arabia, Ghana, but none ended up like that of Nigeria- with infection of primary contacts within the hospital. Although it could be argued that the Nigeria's imported case of ebola heightened the awareness of ebola subsequently in these countries.

The lesson here is HIGH INDEX OF SUSPICION.

However, I still commend the hospital for making the diagnosis of ebola eventually.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by red101(f): 5:03am On Aug 17, 2014
I hope they tested her to make sure the virus is completely gone from her system.
She may have recovered but still may be infectious.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 5:10am On Aug 17, 2014
shymexx:

But why are folks shouting miracle all over the thread? Miracle for a disease that has no cure? Naij people are too religious for fvck sake.

The woman must have been given some drugs, if the recovery is true, and people need to ask questions about the drug that was used. And since the idea of nano silver just came up yesterday, it's most likely that zmapp must have changed hands, since that is the only drug out there for now. Her immune system didn't cure no darn thing by itself.

Anyway, Nigerians are at the mercy of the yanks and America is at the forefront of the research for the cure for the virus. And in as much as I'm not even a fan of all the politics involved and America's excessiveness - but all the anti-American diatribe all over this thread is uncalled for and pathetic. When you are a beggar and at the mercy of something bigger than you, you have to stay humble.

I'm out and no gaddamn miracle can cure Ebola, religious wingnuts.
God bless you. Most people don't reason with their brain as it very evident on this thread.

See why it's easy to make money from these species? grin I no go dull for this kind thing. I will suck them dry when I have the chance. No time, bro.

Where there is ignorance/common sense, the smart will make huge money. No one need to tell you why Nigerian pastors are one of the richest in the world. grin

I have learned to stop complaining but use such to my own advantage. NO TIME,BRO grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by bammytal: 5:12am On Aug 17, 2014
WHO EBOLA FACT SHEET[/quote]

According to the WHO, she can still infect people with the virus within the next few weeks. So I think this calls for a serious caution.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by bammytal: 5:13am On Aug 17, 2014
[b]Transmission

Ebola is introduced into the human population through close contact with the blood, secretions, organs or other bodily fluids of infected animals. In Africa, infection has been documented through the handling of infected chimpanzees, gorillas, fruit bats, monkeys, forest antelope and porcupines found ill or dead or in the rainforest.

Ebola then spreads in the community through human-to-human transmission, with infection resulting from direct contact (through broken skin or mucous membranes) with the blood, secretions, organs or other bodily fluids of infected people, and indirect contact with environments contaminated with such fluids. Burial ceremonies in which mourners have direct contact with the body of the deceased person can also play a role in the transmission of Ebola. Men who have recovered from the disease can still transmit the virus through their Fluid for up to 7 weeks after recovery from illness.

Health-care workers have frequently been infected while treating patients with suspected or confirmed EVD. This has occurred through close contact with patients when infection control precautions are not strictly practiced.

Among workers in contact with monkeys or pigs infected with Reston ebolavirus, several infections have been documented in people who were clinically asymptomatic. Thus, RESTV appears less capable of causing disease in humans than other Ebola species.

However, the only available evidence available comes from healthy adult males. It would be premature to extrapolate the health effects of the virus to all population groups, such as immuno-compromised persons, persons with underlying medical conditions, pregnant women and children. More studies of RESTV are needed before definitive conclusions can be drawn about the pathogenicity and virulence of this virus in humans.[/b]
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Engen(m): 5:34am On Aug 17, 2014
eaglechild: This is great news!!!!
But I hope she was tested before discharge.

This brings so much hope and a lesson for all.

The earlier one presents as a contact the better chances of survival.

What a dumb question...why would they discharged someone from isolation if virus still dey her body...Ebola no be joke...but with better treatment it can be killed
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Cheny(m): 6:13am On Aug 17, 2014
@Leopantro,Eaglechild,Oduduwaboy, Swing4real, Carefreewannabe, Chynes,Soulglo and a few others who sounded logical,objective and matured,may God bless you. It's obvious from the majority of comments on this forum that we have a long way to go as a nation. Recovery from EVD is not abnormal and this is not the first case as there are survivors cut across Liberia and Guinea even without proper treatment. But to find many comments on this forum throwing blames at other nations and clouded with illogical and embarrassing statements baffles one. It is now very clear from what one is reading why many so-called educated people succumed to the saline water therapy.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by bizhub: 6:35am On Aug 17, 2014
All these america worshippers with inferiority complex wake up!!! HELP COMES FROM ABOVE NOT FROM ABROAD !!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Man Dies At Sperm Bank After 4th Donation In 10 Days (PHOTO) / A Healthy Liver Vs A Liver Damaged By Alcohol (Disturbing Photo) / 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.