Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine (66024 Views)

Ebola: Infected Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine. / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola / My Body Discharges Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 17, 2014
MissMeiya: For the first time, in a very very very long time, I'm actually seeing a decent number of comments from intelligent people. I feel so relieved. Nigeria is not lost. That's wrong though, Nigeria is not Nairaland. Fortunately. Nairaland is not lost.

To be clear: I am referring to people who don't blindly blame the US for every goddamn thing, who understand how to research things on the internet, who depend on their brains instead of the white man's God, and who know how to spell and type in complete sentences.

Don't give yourself a heart attack. This legion of educated illiterates is the sad price of nairalands progress. In the early 2000s, this place was a gathering of intellectuals. Now thanks to cheaper internet, its a gathering of the true African demographic.

This nano silver promoted by the fg shows sadly that we are the same as our leaders. On streets in any major city in Nigeria, there are quacks with mega phones in broken down cars selling drugs that cure weak erection, waist pain impotence, staphylococcus infertility etc etc. And people flood to buy.

There is a so called nafdac which has been completely silent in the face of all this.

Nigerians don't even have any idea of the true roles of organisations like the fda. The Nigerian experience has led them to belive its about chasing fake drug marketers.

In the 60s, the fda refused to allow thaliomide, (I think that's the name) a new drug to be introduced into the us. The drug was introduced in Europe, and its use by pregnant women led to the thaliomide babies. Babies with severe congenital defects.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Miner13: 6:45am On Aug 17, 2014
MzJackBaueress: are you sure about this?

God bless Nigeria!

chai this your name sound like one of obama spy angry

Nigeria is greater than obama!
God is greater than ebola!
God bless Nigeria!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Ebidave001(m): 6:45am On Aug 17, 2014
Nigeria is a great nation, we need to believe in ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by kayustones: 6:57am On Aug 17, 2014
b4 we start commending nano silver. I hope u heard an earlier news that America sent some doses of zmapp to Nigeria.
Although I'm not saying I don't believe in the efficacy of our locally made drugs but from all indications I think the doctor was given zmapp not nano silver.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Zaikon(m): 7:04am On Aug 17, 2014
Hhhhhmmmm Nigeria, Nigeria, Africa... God is great
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by melvin1992(m): 7:06am On Aug 17, 2014
studio14: if people will fear Jehovah the way they feared Ebola, the world would hv been a different place.
. Sorry to ask. Are u a witness.?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by halfcurrent(m): 7:17am On Aug 17, 2014
Tallesty1: This is just the genesis of the good news, the rest will soon recover.

Nigeria will win the fight against the virus.

Eboma should go and die.

Amen!!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 17, 2014
oyb:

Don't give yourself a heart attack. This legion of educated illiterates is the sad price of nairalands progress. In the early 2000s, this place was a gathering of intellectuals. Now thanks to cheaper internet, its a gathering of the true African demographic.

This nano silver promoted by the fg shows sadly that we are the same as our leaders. On streets in any major city in Nigeria, there are quacks with mega phones in broken down cars selling drugs that cure weak erection, waist pain impotence, staphylococcus infertility etc etc. And people flood to buy.

There is a so called nafdac which has been completely silent in the face of all this.

Nigerians don't even have any idea of the true roles of organisations like the fda. The Nigerian experience has led them to belive its about chasing fake drug marketers.

In the 60s, the fda refused to allow thaliomide, (I think that's the name) a new drug to be introduced into the us. The drug was introduced in Europe, and its use by pregnant women led to the thaliomide babies. Babies with severe congenital defects.

Forgive my interjection, but average American have no clue of the "true roles" of FDA. And they are supposedly more literate than Nigerians. My comment, however, in no way excuses the ignorance of our people. But just saying.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Cheny(m): 7:33am On Aug 17, 2014
@Oyb,your brief analysis is just too correct. The nation is where it is today because of our mindset.Judging from most comments,until we witness a revolution of our mentalities,not even a political or economic revolution can help us.The fearful truth is 'Ignorance is a far more deadly ailment than the much dreaded EVD.'

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Fantacy1(m): 7:41am On Aug 17, 2014
The Lord dat does wat no man can do....how excellent art thy name
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by ttmacoy: 7:43am On Aug 17, 2014
Why are Nigerians so gullible? Going through this thread and the numerous others on Ebloa and it is clear to see that Nigerians deserve the leaders they get.

How can a minister of health for a country announce in public that a Nigerian has discovered nano silver - a drug which has existed for years and which is not known neither has any test been conducted to see if it cures Ebola. wouldn't it have made sense to say a Nigerian scientist has suggested this drug and we will look into it or investigate rather than announce it as an ebola drug? And yet Nigerians in all their glory start this anti-america trend spewing unfounded and silly comments. As an earlier poster said, I am truly sad for this country's future if this is the future of Nigeria.

The usfda was right to issue the warning because trust Nigerians if the nano silver then has side effects, we are the same people that will accuse America of testing drugs on Nigerians lol... Obama really spends everyday plotting against Nigeria - the so called lion of Africa. He is currently spending his holiday talking about Nigeria. The average American doesn't spend his day talking about Nigeria the way you guys do. I wouldn't even be surprised if the average America can't place Nigeria on a map.

After all the silly comments, the minister has now confirmed that nano silver was not administered to anyone. Did any of the posters on this site even do any basic research? It took me less than 5 minutes to find this on the internet. We are the laughing stock of the world, and the funny thing is we Nigerians have been conditioned to deflect blame on others and never take blame. Attention is on America who have nothing to do with this and your incompetent minister is deflected of any blame. In a functioning country the minister would honorably step down as he has failed woefully. professor my ass speaking like an illiterate.

See below his statement from punch. please stop blaming America for our problems and face them ourselves. Our watchwords are God will do it and there is God ooooooo instead of rolling up our sleeves and doing something about it. The gullibility shown by Nigerians makes it clear how these churches prosper in Nigeria and funny thing is we always think we are the smartest people alive.... No we are not. If you have to keep shouting how smart you are, then you are not as smart as you think you are. Let your works show it and not you screaming it at every opportunity.

On the controversy surrounding the use of some experimental Ebola drugs ‎being proposed for adoption by the Federal Government, he said the drug failed to meet the requirements for approval.

He said, “You will recall that last Thursday. I announced that we were ready to deploy an experimental drug, Nano Silver.

“Although the drug has since last Thursday been made available to the EOC in Lagos. It has not been administered to any patient because we were awaiting clearance by ‎the National Health Research Ethics Committee.

“I regret to inform you that the drug did not meet the requirements of the committee.”

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/ebola-patient-discharged-in-lagos-declared-fit/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 17, 2014
This is an answered prayer. Please let's also note that WHO is only being careful that one does not get cured of Ebola and dies of another avoidable ailment. They are just being professional which is why we must get a BL LAB in the country. The Zmapp is specifically meant for Ebola, it has not been scientifically proven, Nano-silver truly is a pesticide, but the issue remains what are the compositions and adverse effects. The Zmapp and Nano-silver are yet to be perfected so US shouldn't have condemned NaNo hence with more scientific research Zmapp can be an insecticide, contains Nicotine, Caffine and Tar, hence it is a tobacco extract. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by abacus(m): 7:59am On Aug 17, 2014
yoribo:

The reason why we are here on earth is to complement each other. if American think they have the cure and fail to bring it.
Jesus said if you can not worship God, He will raise stone and sand to do the same

Read the same post again especially the last paragraph.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Cheny(m): 8:01am On Aug 17, 2014
@ttmacoy,don't bother much on this issue cos it seems gullibility is a trademark of the average Nigerian. We never learn nor grow-up,the learned and unlearned exhibit same xteristics, the rulers and ruled are all the same,so don't be amazed at the kind of society we've found ourselves. So much education we claim in this country yet so little understanding/knowledge. Always blaming others for our misfortunes.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by abacus(m): 8:16am On Aug 17, 2014
sunbracosun: God choose to spare this man's life. Perhaps. For a purpose.
Na woman sir.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 17, 2014
[i][/i] grin TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 17, 2014
allgoodlight: First am happy for the doctor recovery the fact is each person have is own physiobiochemistry some low,high and average as related to our genectic-cultural heritage and diet as for me since birth my only health problem is over stress which often trigger pain but am immune to malaria,typhoid,colera and others I dont know of may be probably Ebola and Hiv yes is posible etc atleast I read about some one who is immune to Hiv few days ago,a nurse died of the same Ebola this doctor conquer but let us avoid blaming united state or obama Nigeria as what it takes to develop without relying solely on developed country I have learn from some individual on this forum even than the foreign ones this shows how intellectually mighty we Nigerians are but applying this knowledge is a problem only few do in some narrow areas America have help us in so many ways we never condem them but praise them now they turn our offer down which is best know to them we are insulting them without knowing all the fact.Any person with good immune system have a high chance to survive Ebola.Lastly theoretically over 60% of Nigeria is guilible it is a kind of weakness every country as theirs too in one way or the other I pray we will over come it as a Nation.Positive change can occur at any time in which the west will depend on us on certain areas just watch and see is still lock in the future the sign is already on.
Long live Nairalander's!Long live Nigeria!Great country!Great People.All praises to God.

Dude! Take a chill pill plz with all this ur plenty grammar. Look at it this way:
A stranger comes to ur house uninvited (becos u're not at home), he infected ur children with a dealy disease that's killing then as u and ur wife watch helplessly, the stranger's brother has a cure for the disease but woulnd't save ur kids, rather, mocks you and laugh at all your efforts in trying to save ur children, then when you try to make a head way, he comes accusing you of trying to kill you already dying child.
Now, by some stroke of miracle, your children start recovering from the disease - and you want me to still praise the wicked stranger?

Point is, An American brought the disease to Nigeria, America has the drugs for the disease but refused to send to us. America should have at the least, tried to save the Doctor. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by ttmacoy: 8:31am On Aug 17, 2014
Cheny: @ttmacoy,don't bother much on this issue cos it seems gullibility is a trademark of the average Nigerian. We never learn nor grow-up,the learned and unlearned exhibit same xteristics, the rulers and ruled are all the same,so don't be amazed at the kind of society we've found ourselves. So much education we claim in this country yet so little understanding/knowledge. Always blaming others for our misfortunes.

You are right Cheny. It just makes my blood boil at the level of ignorance. I actually had to post my first message on nairaland due to how upset i was by how blind we are as a country.

If we continue to allow such mediocrity, I do not see use developing to our potential as a country. We are so blinded by tribe, religion, small mindedness, mediocrity, corruption, anything goes, making quick money.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by F117A: 8:34am On Aug 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Where in the article is it written that she was treated with nano silver?

Anyone who liked your post is an uneducated ignoramus struggling with reading comprehension.
are you the only one on this thread?
Shut up.
Let other people post their comment,Madam america.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by phreakabit(m): 8:41am On Aug 17, 2014
red101: I hope they tested her to make sure the virus is completely gone from her system.
She may have recovered but still may be infectious.

Only infectious sexually for 61 days. . After that no problem.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by phreakabit(m): 8:47am On Aug 17, 2014
"Still, witnesses say Sawyer, a 40-year-old Liberian Finance Ministry employee en route to a conference in Nigeria, was vomiting and had diarrhea aboard at least one of his flights with some 50 other passengers aboard. Ebola can be contracted from traces of feces or vomit, experts say.
Sawyer was immediately quarantined upon arrival in Lagos - a city of 21 million people - and Nigerian authorities say his fellow travelers were advised of Ebola's symptoms and then were allowed to leave. The incubation period can be as long as 21 days, meaning anyone infected may not fall ill for several weeks.
F#ck! How long has it been so far? 14 days or what?
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by sarutobie(m): 9:05am On Aug 17, 2014
Cheny: @Oyb,your brief analysis is just too correct. The nation is where it is today because of our mindset.Judging from most comments,until we witness a revolution of our mentalities,not even a political or economic revolution can help us.The fearful truth is 'Ignorance is a far more deadly ailment than the much dreaded EVD.'
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by sarutobie(m): 9:05am On Aug 17, 2014
Cheny: @Oyb,your brief analysis is just too correct. The nation is where it is today because of our mindset.Judging from most comments,until we witness a revolution of our mentalities,not even a political or economic revolution can help us.The fearful truth is 'Ignorance is a far more deadly ailment than the much dreaded EVD.'
this here is the problem of the nation..the likes of obama will be frustrated if given the reigns of this country..pdp nor apc alone has the answer. The people's mindset/mentality needs a total deliverance..
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 17, 2014
Nigerians, we are not sure yet what the state is in that doctor's body ooo. Please do not say hooroo yet o. I done talk my own. of anything goes wrong, remember it is we the commoners that will suffer it.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by puffyjoe: 9:30am On Aug 17, 2014
oluwasegunfummi: They should collect her blood sample, @ this point she will still have those antibodies in circulation, nigeria shouldn't let her just go, she's an experimental tool, ebola virus only kills 90% of its victims, this woman is part of the remaining 10%, I repeat, she is an experimental tool, make nigeria no dull this one........eko o ni baje oooo cool
na true talk ooooo hope they bring something good out of this,may God have mercy
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by CyberWolf: 9:46am On Aug 17, 2014
GentleMimi:
Even if u tried,babe,u aint gonna survive it. I dislike a scenerio where peeps think they can tear every good thing apart,just cos they have no idea what reality is all abt. When u have been there,you can argue abt such facts. Some of us have details of this situation that will blow ur mind away if revealed to you. I'd advise u to concentrate on matters you have total knowldge of. wink
shut the fucck up this scum..what do you know? angry angry..instances of what to be done in case pf next time is been giving and you are here talking trash..nobody is saying the health officials did bad but what we are saying is that in case of next time,they should take precaution knowing the fact he is coming from Liberia...Zombies like you are the reason why this disease is spreading because you don't ever reason with your brain... angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 17, 2014
RedBenson:

Was that ur wedding day? If yes, fine pix. God bless!
thanks wink
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by oluwafemi113(m): 10:06am On Aug 17, 2014
oluwasegunfummi: They should collect her blood sample, @ this point she will still have those antibodies in circulation, nigeria shouldn't let her just go, she's an experimental tool, ebola virus only kills 90% of its victims, this woman is part of the remaining 10%, I repeat, she is an experimental tool, make nigeria no dull this one........eko o ni baje oooo cool
wow nice write up from you....
Never believe you can reason up to this level .....
Omo Odua Okoro One .......
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by BetaThings: 10:50am On Aug 17, 2014
The recovery of newly wed Dr. Ada, who was immediately abandoned by her husband when she became one of the first Nigerians to test positive to the virus after Sawyer’s death, now offers hope to other victims as the antibodies present in her blood system, which successfully fought off the Ebola virus, could now be used in the treatment of others.

The female doctor’s recovery is seen as a giant step towards providing a deeper understanding of how to manage Ebola patients for Nigerian doctors and the US Centre for Disease Control's personnel assisting them. Her recovery, THISDAY gathered, was because of her strong immune system, which was boosted by supportive drugs, that is a cocktail of antibiotics and immune boosting drugs

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigeria-may-have-halted-ebolas-advance-as-doctor-is-discharged/186560/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 17, 2014
all you nano pesticide lovers....what say you that it has come out that Nano insecticide had nothing to do with the recovery

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Man Dies At Sperm Bank After 4th Donation In 10 Days (PHOTO) / A Healthy Liver Vs A Liver Damaged By Alcohol (Disturbing Photo) / 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.