Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,723 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG (40973 Views)

HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola / Youth Corper Donates Drugs to reduce worm-related Infections In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Godfullsam(m): 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
[quote author=milehigh06]
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha baba suwe...is that you? wow!!!! learn what exactly??can you please elaborate?
and pls dont resort to abuses o..just enlighten me

since you said I should not resort to abuse, I reserve my comment lipsrsealed
Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by ceejayluv(m): 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
phreakabit:
Well Nafdac doesn't decide for the world.
Yes, but nafdac can make Nigerians to stop selling questionable drugs to foreigners, especially when they claim it can cure a serious disease whereas it cannot.
Nafdac can also warn the health ministry of say, Tanzania that a particular substance being sold here is banned or categorised as a toxic pesticide.

That's exactly the analogy of what happened in the nano silver issue.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by phreakabit(m): 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
FLYFIRE:
WHO does not "meddle" in cases NOT sent through host country's drugs regulatory agency. It is the govt through NAFDAC that should have sent to WHO NOT the researcher. They may have sent the drugs directly to WHO & was told they don't verify what does not come through NAFDAC. WHO is responsible for global health & CAN verify the drugs but it has to go through the govt. (FMOH) which I think will be sent by the govt/FMOH panel.

Ahh. . . Makes sense. But still kinda dodgy. Why didn't they ask him to go through the appropriate means and designated body?
Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by room089: 2:59pm On Aug 18, 2014
I pray the drugs cure ebola so that we can prove to the world that we are not block heads.

But wait o!
Hope America won't call the drugs Rodenticide?

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by ceejayluv(m): 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
ejihand1:
For your information, he's a pharmacist not a medical doctor.
He's got a PhD... He's a Doctor.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
UrbanMystique: you ain't getting the point, the point isn't about the failure of the drugs but motives of America.. Right from the beginning, most people who have already done a research or use their brains knows bitter kola isnt possible solution, if at all bitter collar would work, it's compound has to be removed first... By the way, nano silver was a close call.
But its only America that has been shouting down these possible solutions, don't we have other countries in Europe that could do that too? Can't we determine tji he success or failure of our own solution to every problem.

You know a lot of people look up to America and will take anything they say very seriously even to our leaders, now America has learnt to use this against them.

For the umpteenth time, nano silver was not discovered by a Nigerian. It's been around for awhile and yes its a scam

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by claremont(m): 3:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
The pharmaceutical company should follow due process and pass the drug through a few clinical trials to measure its efficacy and safety. I'm not aware that they have done so, if they have, they should have quoted respectable journals where the trials have been published. As much as we are desperate for a cure for Ebola, this shouldn't be an opportunity for companies/individuals to circumvent the basic due process of clinical research in a bid to achieve worldwide fame.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Ask4bigneyo(m): 3:11pm On Aug 18, 2014
LMAO....u crack my rib girl.... Contact Bro Lawal now
Aitee1: U ba?? U no go ask NIS to release names dey here dey yab zmapp grin
Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by phreakabit(m): 3:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
ceejayluv:
He's got a PhD... He's a Doctor.
Pay them no mind. . .Theirs is a case of ignorance is bliss.
Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by ceejayluv(m): 3:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
phreakabit:

Ahh. . . Makes sense. But still kinda dodgy. Why didn't they ask him to go through the appropriate means and designated body?
If one could see the details of the reply mail, then we can know the detailed response from WHO.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Aitee1: 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
No be me and u undecided as I no get sauce make I manage maggi and pepper wey I get grin
Ask4bigneyo: LMAO....u crack my rib girl.... Contact Bro Lawal now
Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Arsenate(m): 3:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
Amya:

If with all these you say here you still happen to be a Nigerian, then you're the dumbest person in this whole universe!!!

Seriously SMH at all those who think insulting Nigeria makes them sound smart.
loool you are right. some Nigerians think insulting other Nigerians make them look intelligent and cool. I'm sure even the whites, whose assess they desperately wanna lick, will agree with me when I call them the dumbest people that ever liveth.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by ceejayluv(m): 3:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
The man get mind sha.... Claims to have a cure for dengue fever (Which has no cure, but has a very low mortality rate.. Treatment of acute dengue is
supportive, using either oral or
intravenous rehydration for mild or
moderate disease, and intravenous
fluids and blood transfusion for more
severe cases.
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengue_fever)

Secondly, he claims that the SAME drug can also be used for ebola which is also a viral hemorrhagic fever but of a very different genus. Meaning that he's merely speculating that the drug may work for ebola as well.

Two very bold claims I must say.... Well, nafdac will run the necessary clinical tests and give us a feedback soon.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
nke001: Here comes another proudly Nigeria Lab brewed drug for ebola virus!

This is no pesticide!

I agree with you. But, let them carry out the efficacy of this drug on Ebola patient first.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Ngoomikky: 3:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
sexzskil:
angryWTF! A united Naijeriya is a threat to US dominance because of a trial drug they managed to manipulate from thin air after decades? You and Your country are a constant disgrace to mankind. Look, the black race will be behind forever, Fact.

MOD, pls u could have push this to the joke section. China never become threat na one peppertual fifth world slum filled with retrogressive, hopeless monkeys. grin cheesy

You sound pathetic and sad. You're officially the dumbest fool for insulting nigeria. You effing imposter posing as a nigerian. Go kiss ur hopeless monkeys.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
ceejayluv: The man get mind sha.... Claims to have a cure for dengue fever (Which has no cure, but has a very low mortality rate.. Treatment of acute dengue is
supportive, using either oral or
intravenous rehydration for mild or
moderate disease, and intravenous
fluids and blood transfusion for more
severe cases.
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengue_fever)

Secondly, he claims that drug can also be used for ebola which is also a hemorrhagic fever but of a very different genus. Meaning that he's merely speculating that the drug may work for ebola as well.

Two very bold claims I must say.... Well, nafdac will run the necessary clinical tests and give us a feedback soon.
Thank you very much for this your sensible analogy. It makes sense! Having said that, there is nothing lost in testing the man's product. If it turns out to work for the health of the Ebola patients then it is for the good of the nation.

I think he's speculating as at now because he has not used it on Ebola patient. Those claims of curing other diseases is very obvious.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by drnoel: 4:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
phreakabit:

Wait, WHO can't verify drugs . . . But USA's FDA can?!

since when do we depend on USFDA to verify our own drugs?
Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Jobig(m): 4:26pm On Aug 18, 2014
I said it,any time Ebola hits 9ja,its days ar number.great 9iga
Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by lokoloko84(m): 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2014
pedestal82:
The article clearly said pharmacist Amodu, not doctor! Not everything concerning medicine has to do with doctor
Bro do not blame most people like him,it is just a mindset.
Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by xtremeidea(m): 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2014
We still have hope in this country. Am proud to be a Nigerian!!!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by pedestal82(m): 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
phreakabit:
A Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) is a professional doctor degree in pharmacy.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=jPTxU_edBOWO7Qbdl4DgAQ&url=http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_of_Pharmacy&cd=1&ved=0CBoQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNFAYYPai9G3oT7Uo5vQt9m7kBGS_w

Educate yourself please!
Pls can u show me anwhere in the article where he was addressed as a doctor. Physician or Phd, or pharm D.
And abt educating myself thru ur link, dont need to, cause i went thru the programme, what better way to educate myself ?
Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by pedestal82(m): 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2014
lokoloko84: Bro do not blame most people like him,it is just a mindset.
I tire, thats why those guys ascribe to themselves the status of "ALMIGHTY" no other shld exist.
Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by deavicky(m): 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

What's your problem with USA?
everything

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by dady12: 5:13pm On Aug 18, 2014
US and WHO are working together to make sure african can never succeed cos they know we are exceptional and we can never bow down to them,they force us into gay marriage,we say no,chibok girls kidnapp,they ask of oil for support we said no,now ebola,our nigerian born US bring nano silber as ebola cure ,they said it is pesticide because they want to promote their product to africa and later ask for our oil for exchange if we.need more.dose.now our phamacies ve bring another one,the west are ready to say this one is acidic to scare people cos they hate anything that come from africa.God will judge them and i beleive the end of ebola news on front page is near
Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
prince3009:

When a man who claimed he had a cure for AIDS said that any random HIV/AIDS patient's blood should be injected into him for him to cure himself after the asymptomatic stage of the ailment in him, it means alot.

Or he might be mentally ill
Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
dady12: US and WHO are working together to make sure african can never succeed cos they know we are exceptional and we can never bow down to them,they force us into gay marriage,we say no,chibok girls kidnapp,they ask of oil for support we said no,now ebola,our nigerian born US bring nano silber as ebola cure ,they said it is pesticide because they want to promote their product to africa and later ask for our oil for exchange if we.need more.dose.now our phamacies ve bring another one,the west are ready to say this one is acidic to scare people cos they hate anything that come from africa.God will judge them and i beleive the end of ebola news on front page is near

USA did all these things? Hahahah

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by amanikondo: 6:21pm On Aug 18, 2014
Our drug called SAABMAL was tested by the World Health Organization to have 97 per cent effectiveness in all forms of fever symptoms, including

but the WHO later phoned and said they were not supposed to verify Ebola drugs.
2 contradictory messages. Is their a difference between Test and Verification?
Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by amanikondo: 6:27pm On Aug 18, 2014
Airforce1: I pray it works so that America will be put to shame
America is your problem because dem no give you Visa.
Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by amanikondo: 6:32pm On Aug 18, 2014
Dreal1247: .
Tell me why the western world wont hate us. They are envious knowing fully well that we are unpredictable. Little wonder they prophecied the splitting of Nigeria knowing that united Nigeria is a big threat to their dominance.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Who go envy you? When something is unpredictable, that thing is either mad or not stable.

Who will envy one of the most corrupt countries in the world?
Who will envy a country where there is no stable electricity?
Who will envy a country where average citizen make less than $1 a day.

You need a reality check.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by ceejayluv(m): 6:33pm On Aug 18, 2014
deavicky: everything
Yeah, including inventing the internet you're venting your misguided annoyance in, the Operating system of the gadget you're using and virtually all the cartoons , blockbuster movies and general entertainment you're enjoying.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Airforce1(m): 6:34pm On Aug 18, 2014
amanikondo:
America is your problem because dem no give you Visa.

wetin I wan go do for america when President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan don make NIGERIA better already?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Ladies Lose Shape After Marriage / Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Kwara (5 Babies Same Time) / "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.