Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,285 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

“You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders (3361 Views)

APC Blasts Fayose For Opposing Buhari's China Deal / I Will Rather Die In Jail Than For Ohaneze Ndigbo To Claim Credit... Nnamdi Kanu / Subjecting INEC To TSA Will Be A Disaster – Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

“You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
The All Progressives Congress in the South East on Sunday faulted the endorsement of President Goodluck Jonathan for a second term in office by some notable South-East leaders.

The APC, in a statement by its South East zonal spokesman, Mr. Osita Okechukwu, was reacting to the endorsement of President Jonathan as ‘Igbo candidate’ by some South East Peoples Democratic Party leaders under the platform of Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria, at a rally in Awka, Anambra State, on Saturday.

The party said it was not opposed to President Goodluck Jonathan running for re-election in 2015, as he has the constitutional right to contest, but labelled it an approach aimed at subjecting Igbos to perpetual beggarly status.

The APC said, “while it was not opposed to the inalienable and constitutional right of Jonathan to contest,” it was however opposed to what it described as the “the scant strategy adopted by “Ndigbo-Chop-Sand-Band” of politicians who crave to put all our eggs in one basket, foreclose the chances of president of Igbo extraction and subject the hard working and enterprising Igbos to perpetual beggarly status.

“They over stretch the stereo-type of Ndigbo Chopping-Sand since after the Civil War, therefore Jonathan’s victory will compel our contemporaries, the Yorubas and the Hausas to join in Chopping Sand.

Ndigbo-Chop-Sand-Band drummers are not interested whether President Jonathan performed or not, whether he honoured the promises he made to Ndigbo during the 2011 electioneering campaign nor whether his presidential slot impedes on the chances of our producing a president of Igbo extraction in the nearest future.

Otherwise, how come that up to date there is no Environmental Impact Assessment, no private sector counterpart funding, only N30bn Sure-P-Fund taxed from the people and most importantly, why the second Niger Bridge is not captured in the federal budget, since according the drummers Jonathan so loves Ndigbo?

“The Chop-Sand-Band thinks that Ndigbo’s memory is so short to forget that it was His Royal Majesty, the Obi of Onitsha, Agbogidi, Igwe Alfred Nnaemaka Achebe, who in February this year, woke our dear president from deep slumber over the promise he made on the second Niger Bridge; upon which fire service approach of Public, Private Partnership was enacted”.

“Or is it not amusing that Professor Chinedu Nebo, Minister of Power, one of the drummers, who talked of Grand Expectation Journey, couldn’t tell Ndigbo why the coal project has not taken off-ground and what happened to N927m, N1.7bn and N1.1bn budgeted for the study survey of Enugu and Gombe Coal in 2012, 2013 and 2014 respectively?

The revamping of coal was one of our Grand Expectation Journey, premised on the promise made by Jonathan at South East PDP Zonal rally during the 2011 electioneering campaign, yet he so loves Ndigbo.

“In sum, our fear is that the core ingredient of election, which is a referendum on the performance of the incumbent may not prevail as the Chop-Sand-Band are constructing a scenario where President Jonathan, like in 2011, would be allocated millions of votes in the South East, without commensurate performance”, the statement added.

http://dailypost.ng/2014/08/17/subjecting-ndigbo-perpetual-beggarly-status-apc-blasts-south-east-leaders/ angry

5 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
Oya where are the Occupy Social Media recruits? Ngwa Come and occupy this Thread cheesy

17 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by BishopMagic: 7:39pm On Aug 17, 2014
Aregbe rascals odorless fufu and 2 cups of rice show of shame nko

14 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by sol2galay: 7:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
Our so called leaders are fools,each time i hear this kind of news my heart bleeds.

10 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
BishopMagic: Aregbe rascals odorless fufu and 2 cups of rice show of shame nko

Is that all you could scribble as a reply to Osita Okechukwu after this pounding of "Igbo Leaders" like yam??cheesy

25 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by DickDastardly(m): 7:45pm On Aug 17, 2014
I dont do politics. But i command the spirit of ebola to visit the family of any politician that calls the name "igbo" in vain.

3 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
DickDastardly: I dont do politics. But i command the spirit of ebola to visit the family of any politician that calls the name "igbo" in vain.

AMEN!

11 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by estyvino(m): 7:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
Buh, that is the truth(the tread). Though APC would be more disastrous to this Nation, just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
They over stretch the stereo-type of Ndigbo Chopping-Sand since after the Civil War, therefore Jonathan’s victory will compel our contemporaries, the Yorubas and the Hausas to join in Chopping Sand.

What an idiotic reasoning by supposedly group of learned people! Smh!!

9 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by redsun(m): 8:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
Funny enough,outside the mad and irresponsible scene of nigerian polititricks,igbos could statististically be the most economically independent mided people in nigeria.An igbo man that believes and rely on the political system in nigeria at the is more or less a fool/thief like the rest of the follow follow nigerians that follows thieves as their leaders.

As traumatic as gej regime maybe,i will pick him among the rest.He has been faced with alot of unnigerian dangers since he took over,just like the scene you have in libya after gaddafi or iraq after saddam.It is a new kind of war that is entiwened with the endemic corruption that nigeria has always been faced with and it requires a new kind of strategy,a sacrificial,decisive,accountable and ruthless one.It is not about tribe,religion or creed,but about sefless,disciplined and constructive principles.

10 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by malc619(m): 8:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ndigbo-Chop-Sand-Band drummers

Classic

cheesy cheesy cheesy

19 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
redsun: Funny enough,outside the mad and irresponsible scene of nigerian polititricks,igbos could statististically be the most economically independent mided people in nigeria.An igbo man that believes and rely on the political system in nigeria at the is more or less a fool/thief like the rest of the follow follow nigerians that follows thieves as their leaders.

As traumatic as gej regime maybe,i will pick him among the rest.He has been faced with alot of unnigerian dangers since he took over,just like the scene you have in libya after gaddafi or iraq after saddam.It is a new kind of war that is entiwened with the endemic corruption that nigeria has always been faced with and it requires a new kind of strategy,a sacrificial,decisive,accountable and ruthless one.It is not about tribe,religion or creed,but about sefless,disciplined and constructive principles.

You are not making any sense!

19 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by AustineE1: 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

What an idiotic reasoning by supposedly group of learned people! Smh!!
The igbos i know has long fixed a standard in dealing with the project called Nigeria!as a good student of history,we as a people will never support any party whose foundation was built on the existing secret pact between the oligarchy North and a section of the west to perpetually subjugate the good people of Nigeria.Any assembly of men that stands to retain the wicked and devilish old order that has held Nigeria back from progress,will never and shall never succeed among one of the most informed,educated,industrious and ambitious tribe,in this 21st century!To the igbos,the mistakes and assumed recklessness of PDP,led by GEJ,is far more better than any good thing that can come from the clandestine organization known as APC.
...moreover why is APC taking pills for other peoples illness,the igbos has made their choice and will stand by it,even at the pain of death.
God bless the good people of Nigeria.

22 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
Very true. How I wish Igbo people would ponder on this. Ndigbo, chehari.

15 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
AustineE1:
The igbos i know has long fixed a standard in dealing with the project called Nigeria!as a good student of history,we as a people will never support any party whose foundation was built on the existing secret pact between the oligarchy North and a section of the west to perpetually subjugate the good people of Nigeria.Any assembly of men that stands to retain the wicked and devilish old order that has held Nigeria back from progress,will never and shall never succeed among one of the most informed,educated,industrious and ambitious tribe,in this 21st century!To the igbos,the mistakes and assumed recklessness of PDP,led by GEJ,is far more better than any good thing that can come from the clandestine organization known as APC.
...moreover why is APC taking pills for other peoples illness,the igbos has made their choice and will stand by it,even at the pain of death.
God bless the good people of Nigeria.

Pally! Do you no longer believe in competency above ethnicity? I think we should be on the same page here by accessing candidates based on their merit and not on primordial reasoning like you just scribbled above!

Between I am a full bloodied Nwa Afo!

22 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by MzJackBaueress(f): 8:45pm On Aug 17, 2014
Too bad honestly! Smh

15 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by gurnam: 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
What is this concept of CHOP-SAND......I've been reading about it lately outside NL..

11 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by jmoore(m): 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
Can any organization force all members of a particular ethnic group to vote for one candidate?

Everytime Igbo this, Igbo that. Aga agbapuru n'obodo a?

3 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by poiZon: 8:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

You are not making any sense!

it shows u dont have common sense!

8 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by Sibrah: 8:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
gurnam: What is this concept of CHOP-SAND......I've been reading about it lately outside NL..
It is the Spiteful attitude of people who think it is their turn to 'eat'.

9 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by danot1030: 8:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
For what I know of igbos, they don't agree with gud sense of reasoning, they prefers to remain in their low class political level in the country than fighting for their place, what a shame. I watched the said rally on tv and I saw d likes of Obi laughing like a fool and feel so sorry for the igbos next generation, the kind of leaders they have are blind, they have no vision and they are driving the vehicle of igbo nation to no direction, everyone I saw at that has no plan for igbos but are only interested in there pockets. IGBO CHOP SAND SINCE BIAFRA WAR. They are going towards copping faeces soon.

17 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by gurnam: 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
Sibrah: It is the Spiteful attitude of people who think it is their turn to 'eat'.

Oh ok..I think I can connect it now...

They believed they've been marginalized all this time...but GEJ is giving them the opportunity while at the same punishing the Yorubas and Northerners on their behalf

That is bad way to play politics in my opinion....GEJ won't be President for eternity.

17 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
Wetin come concern APC for Igbo matter?

9 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Very true. How I wish Igbo people would ponder on this. Ndigbo, chehari.
Bae ni. . .

8 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by poiZon: 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
danot1030: For what I know of igbos, they don't agree with gud sense of reasoning, they prefers to remain in their low class political level in the country than fighting for their place, what a shame. I watched the said rally on tv and I saw d likes of Obi laughing like a fool and feel so sorry for the igbos next generation, the kind of leaders they have are blind, they have no vision and they are driving the vehicle of igbo nation to no direction, everyone I saw at that has no plan for igbos but are only interested in there pockets. IGBO CHOP SAND SINCE BIAFRA WAR. They are going towards copping faeces soon.

LIke d good leaders in southwestern states abi, more slumps in yoruba land compare to igbo land.
wen considering the ex-president was from thr, with leaders that hhold key positions in the country yet that region is lagging behind in terms of infrastructure. no wonder bags of rice n odourless fufu with salt is being used in championing their campaign. the region that jokes not with STOMACH INFRASTRUCTURE!

4 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by BlackPeni5: 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Is that all you could scribble as a reply to Osita Okechukwu after this pounding of "Igbo Leaders" like yam??cheesy

I find it amazing why APC stalwarts stoop so low to throw insults like primary school children. Nobody wins votes by ridiculing another person. The earlier you guys find out, the better for you else you forever remain a regional tribal party.

8 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
gurnam:
making the Northerners feel what they perceived they've been previously subjected to in Nigeria.
PDP belongs to the North. Ali Modu Sheriff alone, though not a sitting Governor, has more clout within the PDP circle than all the 3 igbo PDP Governors put together.

Jonathan is just using the igbos as political pawns, the Northerners are the one that matters most to him.

12 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by prophetone(m): 9:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
[size=28pt]Ndigbo-Chop-Sand-Band Drummers[/size]

grin grin grin
grin grin grin
grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by gurnam: 9:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
lakhadimar: PDP belongs to the North. Ali Modu Sheriff alone, though not a sitting Governor, has more clout within the PDP circle than all the 3 igbo PDP Governors put together.

Jonathan is just using the igbos as political pawns, the Northerners are the one that matters most to him.

Well....it's funny how these Ibos play politics in Nigeria....it's just too amateurish.

10 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by omenka(m): 9:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
One of the best articles I've read in a very looooong time!!!

God bless the author!!
God bless the OP!

God punish anyone who wishes to use and dump the SE!!!

12 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
omenka: One of the best articles in read n a very looooong time!!!

God bless the author!!
God bless the OP!

God punish anyone who wishes to use and dump the SE!!!

My brother, I will continue to do my best to educate my fellow country men, especially my igbo people , on the dangers ahead but if by 2015 they repeated the same thing as in 2011, I will have no option than exploit my immigra Visa and Bid Nigeria bye for good!

7 Likes

Re: “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders by danot1030: 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
poiZon:

LIke d good leaders in southwestern states abi, more slumps in yoruba land compare to igbo land.
wen considering the ex-president was from thr, with leaders that hhold key positions in the country yet that region is lagging behind in terms of infrastructure. no wonder bags of rice n odourless fufu with salt is being used in championing their campaign. the region that jokes not with STOMACH INFRASTRUCTURE!
I began my comment by saying the igbos fight gud reasoning, I am not surprise at ur reaction as is norman of the igbos, I will only be surprise if more igbos does not come here to react further. But ask urself when will the igbos stop being at the low level in the political rating of Nigeria, when will d igbos stop being political stooge, when will the igbos have their own at frontline commanding the support of other tribes, when will the igbos stop chopping sand and will present parade not lead the next generations of the igbos to chopping dung? Deal with does question and free me pls.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Vs Buhari: Who Has The Best Official Potrait? (PICS) / Buhari: Time To Sack The Military Chiefs / Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.