Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,758 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Have You Tried Imposing Missing Qualities On Your Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Tried Imposing Missing Qualities On Your Partner? (780 Views)

Man Tried To Expose A Bride-to-be On Twitter And Got This Response / Mr Right Wont Have Half The Qualities On Your "List" / Nigerian Guy Who Tried To Shame UNILAG Girl On Twitter Gets Epic Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Tried Imposing Missing Qualities On Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 18, 2014
We can always make endless lists of qualities we would like our partner to have but when love strikes, we tend to forego certain preferential missing traits. Most times, we try to impose these missing traits on our partners when the possibility arises. To cut long story short, let me use these examples from my own experience.
I once had a girlfriend who insisted i go to gym(body building) in as much as i have a nice physique. I never heeded to that cos the last time i tried, i was developing ribs instead of muscles. Moreover, i have that athlete kind of physique so no need for body building. Though we later broke up, but i'm sure that wasn't the reason. Can't tell. Another instance was another girl i fell in love with. She had a very bad command in English language and i'm always feel embarrassed and uneasy whenever she speaks in public. Even though we all are still learners but her own was so intense. Mehn, i turn to English teacher by force. Even though we ain't together today, at least i know i created impact in her life as well as did a great job for whatever lucky man that will ask for her hand in marriage.
Do you have such experience, please share.
Re: Have You Tried Imposing Missing Qualities On Your Partner? by Drdaps(m): 2:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
Though i am not perfect and i don't try to be.
I once have a gf then but there are so many things about her that piss me off. She is older than me but i can't see that to be an issue. To me, her childish behaviour was the problem and i tried to change that. She told me that some people are complaining about me that i'm so proud and i let her realized that it is not pride but self-esteem and i also propose to her that it will be a good thing if she can have highly opinion of herself. So with my little understanding i tried my possible best which yield both positve and a negative results. Out of the negative results was that she realized that her uncle's family which she has been living with for some years are maltreating her and she made some silly decision then that she won't return back to her them again. whereas the uncle was her back bone then. So we did have a little quarrel over it but latter settled. But our ways latter pathed the day she cooked it out with me that i am cheating over her because she always dicussed it with me whenever an admirer talks to her and i didn't seem to be so much concerned and whereas how can most of my friend be female and so on. Though she is still want to stay then, i've decided that she is not the one for me.
I am a good person but i don't tried to waste much of my time to prove it.

1 Like

Re: Have You Tried Imposing Missing Qualities On Your Partner? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2014
Yea...did dt so many times on Ma ex buh most tym he kip sayin"baby,u knw am nt used 2 dt.its nt ma tin"......
Re: Have You Tried Imposing Missing Qualities On Your Partner? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 18, 2014
....av done it several tyms on my ex.....i love guys dat dress cute n look nice...even if he doesnt av dis boyish swag,atleast he shud dress cute n nice always....i told im straight wat i love n wanted frm him.....twasnt easy for im den....i knw he tried his best to please me den....i dont do it forcefully,i knw how i usually call him n tell him my mind....
Re: Have You Tried Imposing Missing Qualities On Your Partner? by dytbabe: 6:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
angry angry

He's a freaking fucking workaholic
Re: Have You Tried Imposing Missing Qualities On Your Partner? by Sparrow13: 7:24pm On Aug 18, 2014
MissMalia: Yea...did dt so many times on Ma ex buh most tym he kip sayin"baby,u knw am nt used 2 dt.its nt ma tin"......
did what to him ?
Re: Have You Tried Imposing Missing Qualities On Your Partner? by Babe2sure(f): 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2014
My ex was financially bouyant but dressing well was not his thing. He likes to dress casual. I started complaining about his dressing. He did not take me serious initially but when he noticed that it was kind of discouraging me, nobody told him to go shopping. I succeeded in making him a good dresser. I always compliment him anytime he dresses well.Hahahaha! Anytime, we see and I beam with smile, he knows why. cool cheesy. He will now say, "O serious o"

2 Likes

Re: Have You Tried Imposing Missing Qualities On Your Partner? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
Sparrow13: did what to him ?
read d post topic.*asap

(1) (Reply)

See How To Know When A Nigerian Girl Don't Want You And You Need To Back Off / Don't Really Know How To Approach This: / Plz Guys,advice Needed On How To Avercome Shyness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.