Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,765 members, 7,824,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged (37839 Views)

Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister / Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
Obama,,,shame on you and your Zombie Drug. Even tho, UP NanoGold!! LoL cheesy

3 Likes

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by CharlieMaria(m): 1:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
I love ma country. grin

3 Likes

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by bammo: 1:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by mployer(m): 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
Is there a way we can reject this commendation?
undecided

11 Likes

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by otobomax(m): 1:20pm On Aug 19, 2014
Amazing. This is good news at last cool

2 Likes

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by zeroshadow: 1:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
are they sure about the five they discharged

1 Like

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by segradino(m): 1:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
Yay! Its about time....9ja rocks!

Info for smartphone users, u can get d best data plan for ur internet enabled devices why waste more when u can pay less...check dis out on this thread. www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391662
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by davidif: 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2014
Ivanspring: Who asked for their commendation? undecided

The Ambassador was just making a comment about the Nigerian govt has handled the situation so far. That's his opinion.

Man, I hate how the newspapers try to use sensationalism to draw readers. Instead of saying that the US Ambassador commended the Ministry of Health for its handling of the crisis, they decided to use the more sensationalist "U.S commends Nigeria" as if most Americans even care or even know about what goes on in naija.

7 Likes

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by egopersonified(f): 1:26pm On Aug 19, 2014
The whole world hating on Nigerians since 1914.

4 Likes

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Truckpusher(m): 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
1shortblackboy: I see d resentment of d US and I dey feel d naija pride but what will ya'll do if obama presents u with an American citizenship grin
Is American citizenship a means to a perfect end? undecided

If America is all that rosy we wouldn't see folks looting after a little boy was shot six times in ferguson Missouri.

There are Nigerians that will reject that citizenship.

13 Likes

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by soludo93(m): 1:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
They said that our nano silver is a pesticide. They are congratulating us for the impact of the same drug they despised. If we Africans can look within for solutions to our challenges, the westerners are bound to depend on us for their survival.

1 Like

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by satowind(m): 1:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
Haha I laugh @ dem fo.ols dey tot we will all be dead by now... Let dem bring it on we hv survived more than ebola before. #ManNoBeGod

1 Like

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Forwetinnah: 1:32pm On Aug 19, 2014
GEJ...no give them any money o.

5 Likes

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by neuljosh(m): 1:32pm On Aug 19, 2014
Thanks but no thanks lipsrsealed
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
___

1 Like

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by datguru: 1:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
chegx: we are the giants of Africa and we shall save the remaining three patients in isolation, we are smart, strong, resillient &toughtfull. We shall proceed to offer health support to other west african countries like guinea and liberia on ebola. Meanwhile USA be telling lies that they do not have enough Zmappshit serum when they are actually trying to sell the serum in a very expensive price to west Africa. If Ebola was an epidemic in their country they would've had more than enough shit serum for it. But Nigeria has spoilt their plan, they are now commending us so that we may expose the secret of our ebola treatment. we sef wise.meanwhile the ebola match is still on NIGERIATREATMENT 5 - ZMAPPSHITSERUM 2. at least the spanish priest died after being treated with Zmappshitserum, so their serum is not as accurate as our treatment that has saved the lives of 5 ebola patient. I will not and never loose hope in myself and my country.

#ZMAPPSHITSERUM

Would you mind if I buy you a drink or recharge your phone? You blew my mind with this.

3 Likes

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by ttmacoy: 1:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
annoymous: All of you yabbing USA, what would you have USA do? They said they don't have enough of the serum yet. Is it their fault we don't have any tangible research projects here. See how long malaria has been ravaging us, yet no ground breaking discovery from Nigeria since forever. Artemether we are using is from China abi where again sef. Our problem is not USA. Our problem is us. Let us stop all this displacement.

Thank you. We just go on and on focusing on the wrong things and ignoring the inadequacy of our government. Nigerians are the problem with nigeria

1 Like

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by datguru: 1:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
WASTED SPERM

BadBoy25: Nigeria is a third world shiithole.

7 Likes

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Forwetinnah: 1:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
Truckpusher: Is American citizenship a means to a perfect end? undecided

If America is all that rosy we wouldn't see folks looting after a little boy was shot six times in ferguson Missouri.

No 1 me...that place is a shit;hole these days especially for blacks. I'd rather stay in a local shit;hole where I can find my way around and survive than an international one.
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
davidif:

The Ambassador was just making a comment about the Nigerian govt has handled the situation so far. That's his opinion.

Man, I hate how the newspapers try to use sensationalist headlines to draw readers. Instead of saying that the US Ambassador commended the Ministry of Health for its handling of the crisis, they decided to use "U.S commends Nigeria" as if most Americans even care or even know about what goes on in naija.
The Ambassador speaks for the US government, as her chief representative in Nigeria. So the newspaper headline is correct.

4 Likes

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 19, 2014
Truckpusher: Is American citizenship a means to a perfect end? undecided

It may not be a means to a perfect end, but a US passport holder can travel visa-free to over 100 countries grin

2 Likes

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by datguru: 1:40pm On Aug 19, 2014
WASTED SPERM. YOUR DAD SHOULD HAVE USED CONDOM

BadBoy25: Nigeria is a third world shiithole. after being on this forum within the past three weeks,I have come to dislike Nigeria . As long as i am alive,Nigeria will never develop to be a first world nation.I will do all i can in my might and intelligence to conspire against,sabotage ,hinder and obstruct Nigeria's progress.

9 Likes

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
Who Cares ?
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
____
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by ceejayluv(m): 1:44pm On Aug 19, 2014
soludo93: They said that our nano silver is a pesticide. They are congratulating us for the impact of the same drug they despised. If we Africans can look within for solutions to our challenges, the westerners are bound to depend on us for their survival.
"our" nano silver?... Read more, man.. That scam cocktail wasn't used.

Treatment of patients
On the nature of treatment being
accorded Ebola virus disease patients,
Idris explained that there was no
specific treatment per se.
“We treat the patients based on the
presentation. For instance, if the
patient shows symptoms of
diarrhoea, he or she has to be treated
with electrolyte and others. If the
person shows signs of pain, he or she
will be given pain-relieving drugs. We
have enough drugs to take care of
them.
“If they require intensive care, we will
do that. This is part of the equipment
that has been brought in. They will be
provided with such.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/ebola-latest-3-new-cases-4-victims-discharged/

1 Like

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Truckpusher(m): 1:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
Forwetinnah:

No 1 me...that place is a shit;hole these days especially for blacks. I'd rather stay in a local shit;hole where I can find my way around and survive than an international one.
Exactly my point ,I'll rather put up with my crazy people back home than remain in a society where my skin pigmentation clearly qualifies me as an alien that needed to be avoided or eliminated at all cost by some racial supremacists over a little misunderstanding,yet some gullible Nigerians won't just let people hear word over a country with the best basic things of life yet people are being shot dead like a third world country run by a military dictator .Should we talk about narcotics......That area is saturated with lots of mentally unbalanced fellows

If you know the number of people that are dropping dead due to gun related violence you'd be dumbfounded.

5 Likes

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by bamite(m): 1:47pm On Aug 19, 2014
chegx: we are the giants of Africa and we shall save the remaining three patients in isolation, we are smart, strong, resillient &toughtfull. We shall proceed to offer health support to other west african countries like guinea and liberia on ebola. Meanwhile USA be telling lies that they do not have enough Zmappshit serum when they are actually trying to sell the serum in a very expensive price to west Africa. If Ebola was an epidemic in their country they would've had more than enough shit serum for it. But Nigeria has spoilt their plan, they are now commending us so that we may expose the secret of our ebola treatment. we sef wise.meanwhile the ebola match is still on NIGERIATREATMENT 5 - ZMAPPSHITSERUM 2. at least the spanish priest died after being treated with Zmappshitserum, so their serum is not as accurate as our treatment that has saved the lives of 5 ebola patient. I will not and never loose hope in myself and my country.

#ZMAPPSHITSERUM
good passion
keep it up

1 Like

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by lamiobo(m): 1:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
annoymous: All of you yabbing USA, what would you have USA do? They said they don't have enough of the serum yet. Is it their fault we don't have any tangible research projects here. See how long malaria has been ravaging us, yet no ground breaking discovery from Nigeria since forever. Artemether we are using is from China abi where again sef. Our problem is not USA. Our problem is us. Let us stop all this displacement.
I don't know why but I have a feeling that USA had a play or plan in spreading the virus in Nigeria.lets access the situation clearly sawyer the American /liberian citizen traveled from USA to visit his sister who is diagnosed for EVD after realising he has been infected...he didn't return to his family (USA) but traveled to Nigeria for better medical attention (according to his wife)thus infecting the Nigerians who came in contact with him eg the ecowas official and nurse who took care of him, now being logical.is Mr sawyer aware of his conditions before travelling? does USA have better medical facilities than Nigeria? why did he choose to travel to Nigeria? undecided

1 Like

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
Some say USA has the patent on Ebola.

I am asking the following questions simply because I want to understand (they not rhetorical questions to make any point):

What does US having the patent for Ebola mean?

Does it mean that USA discovered it?

Are all diseases discovered patented?
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by thunderrider: 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2014
Naija in Grand Style

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by kissinggourami: 1:52pm On Aug 19, 2014
eleojo23: Commendation or not, we are just doing what should be done to protect ourselves. It should not be made to look as if we're doing something beyond us. (Or is it unexpected that we could manage the situation to this extent?) We have the ability to help ourselves. It's just that we've been unserious in handling things before now...
What major achievement would be done in Nigeria that'd make you 100% content and happy with your country?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

#SaveChidubem: Baby Starved By Mum's Boss Dies (Disturbing Photos) / Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks / The Yoruba Name Of Dandelion Herb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.