Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,588 members, 7,955,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:30 PM

US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged (37974 Views)

Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister / Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by mayblossom(f): 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2014
Ok. So If we had recieved the zmapp, the cure and discharge of these 5 bravehearts would have been attributed to it, thereby silencing the tireless effort and sacrifices of our brothers and sisters(the health workers and caregivers) and in turn making us indebted to the USA.
Good one Nigeria and Nigeria´s healthworkers who risk their lives for the life of others. I pray for you guys, everyday.

BTW we´re busy talking thrash about USA, another country. Where are our doctors? oh I forgot...they are on strike, they have so many grieviances. mtchew.

2 Likes

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2014
porka:

President George W. Bush's effort on HIV/AIDS made him a hero in Africa. Africa is one of the few places Bush is celebrated due to the tremendous assistance on combating the disease.

It was his personal effort and sacrifice as a person using his position to do a people some good. We will forever be grateful for that.

Be that as it may, you would agree with me that those initiatives have been scaled down since he left in 2008.

The story is that an American was laced with a dangerous virus, 100 times more lethal than HIV, and sent to Nigeria to spread the virus among our population.

And the American government's response is to withhold the drug and just 'put up information' on why they withheld the drug (according to you).

Is that what we should be grateful for?
You are an i d i o t! Those who have been suffering from the effect of Ebola Virus Disease in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leon have not said that yet you are here peddling rumor. I don't know why you have to say something you can't prove with evidence. You are a primitive person indeed.

4 Likes

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 19, 2014
dagbenga: u shud cover ur face in shame? .....who brot d virus to nigeria? Liberian-ghanian? ......who has d vaccine to cure d virus? Congo? ......who said a drug is a pectiside? U I suppose?...... As for the oil ..US don't av oil as a natural resource get dt into ur dumb skull,dey can only refine it or reproduce it

why should i cover my face in shame? because i don't agree with you? or because i don't patronize you? which one?

you are so ignorant (but I like that you are confident in your ignorance sha), USA has oil as a natural resource as well as natural gas. All you these small small children (i don't know your chronologic age and I don't care, your mental age shows you are a child) that can't make a point without calling others names. who is the dumb skull now?

reproduce oil? guy, u go skool so?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_reserves_in_the_United_States
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2111.html

1 Like

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by ceejayluv(m): 4:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
GenBuhari: So America has all patents for Ebola for what exactly?

What is the purpose of taking out patents if it is not to profit?

make we shine our eyes ooh!
Did you actually go through link I sent? or you didn't just understand it.....
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by mayblossom(f): 4:20pm On Aug 19, 2014
Jazzgreen: They have zmapp,
we have Jesus

CHIKENA!
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
olumuyiolaoluwa: [b][/b] [b][/b]but u ll stilL nid visa to return to 9ja grin
I have a Naija passport cheesy
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by adamskutty(m): 4:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
chegx: we are the giants of Africa and we shall save the remaining three patients in isolation, we are smart, strong, resillient &toughtfull. We shall proceed to offer health support to other west african countries like guinea and liberia on ebola. Meanwhile USA be telling lies that they do not have enough Zmappshit serum when they are actually trying to sell the serum in a very expensive price to west Africa. If Ebola was an epidemic in their country they would've had more than enough shit serum for it. But Nigeria has spoilt their plan, they are now commending us so that we may expose the secret of our ebola treatment. we sef wise.meanwhile the ebola match is still on NIGERIATREATMENT 5 - ZMAPPSHITSERUM 2. at least the spanish priest died after being treated with Zmappshitserum, so their serum is not as accurate as our treatment that has saved the lives of 5 ebola patient. I will not and never loose hope in myself and my country.

#ZMAPPSHITSERUM
haaaa grin grin grin

Zmappshitserum indeed grin
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by 1shortblackboy: 4:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
Truckpusher: o yeah !the truth is damn bitter. undecided
which truth I don't join in silly banter here so stay oneside undecided
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Fellonigerians: 4:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
Did these people actually have the virus, i.e., did they ever test positive for ebola or were they suspected of having the virus because of their 'contact' with sawyer?
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Songitto(m): 4:52pm On Aug 19, 2014
Only God superior...
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by porka: 5:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
BadBoy25: what ebola medication did a nigerian doctor invent?
you are an idiiot and should be severely stomped on and shot on the head while gasping for air.

You can barely read and write.

Learn to read first then come back with a coherent response.
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by chegx(m): 5:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
datguru:

Would you mind if I buy you a drink or recharge your phone? You blew my mind with this.
i shouldnt, u can send GLO to 07031377142
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by gidjah(m): 5:06pm On Aug 19, 2014
there r no herbs 4curative purposes dat cnt b found in africa,but their bad ldrship &over dependence on d slave master'll always blind them frm seeing solutions2their troubles.Africa must deliver her self from ds slave masters apron we hewn 4our selv
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by godsI(m): 5:06pm On Aug 19, 2014
Hypocrites! Nigeria should begin to rethink the level of relationship she should be having with U.S. Demonism can be terribly cantagious. God have already started a warning riot in their(US) diabolic enclave called country. Democratic Free Country indeed.
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by iamfermi(m): 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
Bad belle
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 19, 2014
What drug did they use is it the nano silver ?
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 19, 2014
Life is too short !
I quickly glanced through them and seem to be all vaccines- like I said it is all about profit - that is what the Ebola propaganda is about
ceejayluv:
Did you actually go through link I sent? or you didn't just understand it.....
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
Ebola epidemic is a big hoax.
Welcome aboard the boat of enlightenment!

What is puzzling me is whether our govt know its a hoax and is allowing Nigerians to be deceived or whether they are that clueless
Fellonigerians: Did these people actually have the virus, i.e., did they ever test positive for ebola or were they suspected of having the virus because of their 'contact' with sawyer?
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by chemicool: 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

What is it?! What do you mean?!

You dey craze?
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by ElFenomeno1: 5:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
chemicool:

You dey craze?

Go and ask your father that question..... Stupid pleb!

Also, go and have a brain scan, you type like someone who insanity has built a duplex inside his head!

FOOOOOOOOL
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by jared007: 5:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
After the failure of Boko Haram and Ebola, am wondering what EVIL THE WEST IS PLANNING NEXT FOR NIGERIA! ...they will never rest until they see nigeria split
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2014
____
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by lastpage: 5:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
Knowing that Nigeria was "intentionally infected" with Ebola, by an American-Liberian...
........ while Nigeria is making effort to fight the Virus, see what our Liberian Brothers are doing!:

[size=14pt]Ebola Clinic Is Looted In Liberian Capital's Largest Slum[/size]

source:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/17/liberia-ebola-clinic_n_5685635.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

News: MONROVIA, Liberia (AP) — Liberian officials fear Ebola could soon spread through the capital's largest slum after residents raided a quarantine center for suspected patients and took items including blood-stained sheets and mattresses.

The violence in the West Point slum occurred late Saturday and was led by residents angry that patients were brought from other parts of the capital to the holding center, Tolbert Nyenswah, assistant health minister, said Sunday. It was not immediately clear how many patients had been at the center.

West Point residents went on a "looting spree," stealing items from the clinic that were likely infected, said a senior police official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief the press. The residents took mattresses, sheets and blankets that had bloodstains, which could spread the infection.

Liberian police restored order to the West Point neighborhood, which is home to an estimated 60,000 to 100,000 poor Liberians. Health officials say they fear the looting incident will spread Ebola infections in the capital, Monrovia.

Ebola has killed 1,145 people in West Africa, including 413 in Liberia, according to the World Health Organization..

Honestly, it is this kind of primitive behaviour that make me fear for this continent! angry angry angry

If you notice, even Monkeys (real Monkey) have started taking "precautions",..... for fear of this epidemic yet we have "Humans" (real Humans!) who, out of GREED and AVARICE, would put their life and that of other millions in danger!

Is sleeping on a bed-sheet or Mattress more important to them than their lives?

Shame!!!

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by deeobserver209(m): 5:29pm On Aug 19, 2014
chegx: we are the giants of Africa and we shall save the remaining three patients in isolation, we are smart, strong, resillient &toughtfull. We shall proceed to offer health support to other west african countries like guinea and liberia on ebola. Meanwhile USA be telling lies that they do not have enough Zmappshit serum when they are actually trying to sell the serum in a very expensive price to west Africa. If Ebola was an epidemic in their country they would've had more than enough shit serum for it. But Nigeria has spoilt their plan, they are now commending us so that we may expose the secret of our ebola treatment. we sef wise.meanwhile the ebola match is still on NIGERIATREATMENT 5 - ZMAPPSHITSERUM 2. at least the spanish priest died after being treated with Zmappshitserum, so their serum is not as accurate as our treatment that has saved the lives of 5 ebola patient. I will not and never loose hope in myself and my country.

#ZMAPPSHITSERUM
1,000,000 Likes smiley
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 19, 2014
You may the one looking ignorant,
lastpage: Knowing that Nigeria was "intentionally infected" with Ebola, by an American-Liberian...
........ while Nigeria is making effort to fight the Virus, see what our Liberian Brothers are doing!:

[size=14pt]Ebola Clinic Is Looted In Liberian Capital's Largest Slum[/size]

source:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/17/liberia-ebola-clinic_n_5685635.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Honestly, it is this kind of primitive behaviour that make me fear for this continent! angry angry angry

If you notice, even Monkeys (real Monkey) have started taking "precautions",..... for fear of this epidemic yet we have "Humans" (real Humans!) who, out of GREED and AVARICE, would put their life and that of other millions in danger!

Is sleeping on a bed-sheet or Mattress more important to them than their lives?

Shame!!!

Lastpage!
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by datguru: 5:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
Is this a glo line ? I tried recharging this line with glo but it got declined and the payment was reversed. I'd prefer you pm me the glo line, I use mobile app so I'd do that any time

chegx: i shouldnt, u can send GLO to 07031377142
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by deeobserver209(m): 5:38pm On Aug 19, 2014
BadBoy25: Nigeria is a third world shiithole. after being on this forum within the past three weeks,I have come to dislike Nigeria . As long as i am alive,Nigeria will never develop to be a first world nation.I will do all i can in my might and intelligence to conspire against,sabotage ,hinder and obstruct Nigeria's progress.
these are the african nations i want to be first world by 2030 : Botswana,Namibia,Mauritius,Angola,South Africa,egypt,morocco.
Give it your BEST shot! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Jobig(m): 5:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
I said it,time without number,EBOLA wan try us,BIRD FLU no even see our back.
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Toks2008(m): 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
The question is "which treatment was administered"?
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by chegx(m): 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2014
datguru: Is this a glo line ? I tried recharging this line with glo but it got declined and the payment was reversed. I'd prefer you pm me the glo line, I use mobile app so I'd do that any time

it's not a GLO line, 08072371205 is my GLO line thanks in advance.
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by honeychild(f): 5:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
annoymous:

while i agree that Mr. Sawyer's actions were misguided, we should realise that sick people dont make the best decisions. Imagine a woman with brest cancer not going to see a doctor till all the bweast is consumed and the tumor has spread to other parts of the body. America is a superpower - what will they gain from infecting NIGERIA with ebola? If it was china, maybe i could understand. But NIGERIA??, with the fairly open border between USA and Nigeria?
And besides, if USA wanted to infect Nigeria, it wont do such a shoddy job of sending Mr. Sawyer only for him to collapse at the airport. I strongly believe Mr. Sawyer did not act on the directive of the state but on his own whims.
What I actually think is that Sawyer was acting for the Liberian govt. The world had been practically ignoring the Ebola stricken countries.
But when it spread to Nigeria, the world had to sit up and pay attention. An epidemic in Nigeria will affect the whole world - simply because of our huge population.
And it worked for them - the U.S rushed Zmapp to them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day / Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive / Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.