Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos (41274 Views)

The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) / 7 Units Left!! Houses For Sale In A Mini Estate At Abijo Lekki @ N36m(Pictures) / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by FastShipping: 9:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
fash78:

Hey guy I took the comment above back. Your land is much more bigger than mine. The total area of my land is 767sqm and your is 1338sqm. Your is more bigger than mine with about 571sqm. May be that is why you are spending much more on materials and labour (I think).

Three sides of the land being fenced only. Mine is using basically totally number of blocks as yours and close to total number of other materials. My fence was not supposed to be a high fence at all. Also the back of the fence was already done by owner of the building behind mine. The back fence was partially knocked down on one side by rain. Basically, the back of the fence was already done by the neighbor. We are only fencing three sides (front, left and right side) with the partial part that fell at the back.

We e are only fencing three sides of the land.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 1:55am On Jul 03, 2015
FastShipping:

Three sides of the land being fenced only. Mine is using basically totally number of blocks as yours and close to total number of other materials. My fence was not supposed to be a high fence at all. Also the back of the fence was already done by owner of the building behind mine. The back fence was partially knocked down on one side by rain. Basically, the back of the fence was already done by the neighbor. We are only fencing three sides (front, left and right side) with the partial part that fell at the back.

We e are only fencing three sides of the land.

Oh I see, then your cost should not have been that high.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by ceasare: 9:39am On Jul 03, 2015
@ fast shipping and fash78. no 2 projects are ever the same in term of both construction and cost even if the building or structure are the same on paper.2ndly location also matters in terms of costing of a project.believe me if ur projects is in ajah for example u will spend more than iyana iba and the person in ikorodu will spend far less than iyana iba .it is just location specific and other human factor that raise cost so u cant judge if your {fash78}is cheaper than his{fastshiping}.
also both plot arent same size and cant take same amount of blocks,workmanship and material.cost will varies based on location as well.the crux of the matter is engage professional QS that will give you a guideline of what your cost of putting up the structure might cost.but you see in this part of the world we are always ready to build house of several millions of naira but paying architect,QS and Engr a fraction of that becomes FIFA world cup final so you will see all sort of figures been brandish about by ur baba semiu the bricklayer and at the end of the day the client pays far more than he should pay in the long run.....believe me

my opinion.

oga fash78.still waiting on the fence grill and gate o.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
fash78:

The block moulder's numbers - 08127978974, 08165236852

Thanks bro,
I'll give him a call today,the reason I need yr guy is because of reputation(someone that has done a good job for a NLDER).

Thanks again.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 03, 2015
fash78:

That is outrageous. I try to arm myself with information regarding labour for my project. I have provided some rule of thumbs that I normally use:

Mason charge for block laying - Normally should be between N35K - 45K per 1000 blocks
Mason charge for casting - Averagely N3K per m3 of concrete (You need to know the thickness, depth and length of your slab)
iron bender - 15K - 20K per Ton of reinforcement depending on how many Tons and location of work (height )
For carpenter - I go with daily rate of 3-4K per day (Starting point of negotiation is "how many days will it take you to finish the work"wink

Materials: Buy your materials yourself, very very important and look around for honest suppliers.

The total cost of my fence should not be more than 1.3M give or take with the gates and grills.

NOTE: Mind you the cost i posted earlier does not include plastering of the fence o and other things like electrical work e.t.c.

This quote is very good,but is probably because you are supervising it yrself and yr land is a dry land.

I have done my casting of 4 woods height and I've already spent 1.6m already.

Well done fash,
God will see thru.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2015
ceasare:
@ fast shipping and fash78. no 2 projects are ever the same in term of both construction and cost even if the building or structure are the same on paper.2ndly location also matters in terms of costing of a project.believe me if ur projects is in ajah for example u will spend more than iyana iba and the person in ikorodu will spend far less than iyana iba .it is just location specific and other human factor that raise cost so u cant judge if your {fash78}is cheaper than his{fastshiping}.
also both plot arent same size and cant take same amount of blocks,workmanship and material.cost will varies based on location as well.the crux of the matter is engage professional QS that will give you a guideline of what your cost of putting up the structure might cost.but you see in this part of the world we are always ready to build house of several millions of naira but paying architect,QS and Engr a fraction of that becomes FIFA world cup final so you will see all sort of figures been brandish about by ur baba semiu the bricklayer and at the end of the day the client pays far more than he should pay in the long run.....believe me

my opinion.

oga fash78.still waiting on the fence grill and gate o.

Trust me I did all what you put in your post above. I have QS estimate of my project but you know what, in reality the QS estimate is only a guide in reality the cost can be lower or higher than QS estimate depending on many factors. Let me give you like two examples:

The QS used 1800 per bag of cement in his estimate but I was able to get cement at 1650 per bag straight from the factory because I know somebody there ( that was early last year o not now). So I made huge savings on that.
Another example, the QS used 960 as unit cost of 1 by 12 wood for my foundation and decking but I got it at 650 per a unit from inter land and shipped them to Lagos.

In addition, I hv a site engineer who had actually posted on this thread many times before, we agreed on a percentage of the total sum of his supervision fee based on the cost of the project so I am not using baba Semiu to handle the project. The only thing I do is handling negotiation of labour and buying of materials myself which anybody can do if you have the right information and trust me there are ton of it on this forum.

Having said this, I agree with everything else in you post about each project being unique (remember I have told him in one of my posts that his land is bigger than mine. Also my own land is not really as bad as Lekki's land although it is not a totally dry land, the soil type is very loose and water table is very close to the surface hence our foundation is 3 board beams but the site engineer is okay with one board beam fence.

As per the gate and grill, I will post the pix of the type that I want and you can give me the quote. For the grill, I don't have the total length and I am waiting for that info as soon as I have it I will let you know.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 3:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
euromilion:

This quote is very good,but is probably because you are supervising it yrself and yr land is a dry land.

I have done my casting of 4 woods height and I've already spent 1.6m already.

Well done fash,
God will see thru.

Thanks my bro for your prayers I need this at this time. You are right, fence with four board beam will be expensive than one board beam. In the estate where my project is located, we have some people that did not even cast any beam for their fence but some of their walls are cracking in some sections. Even though the land is not water log the soil is very loose hence we are doing the one board for the fence.

Anyway 1.6M for a four board beam fence is decent in my opinion.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by Chekitaut: 9:35pm On Jul 03, 2015
fash78:

Thanks my bro for your prayers I need this at this time. You are right, fence with four board beam will be expensive than one board beam. In the estate where my project is located, we have some people that did not even cast any beam for their fence but some of their walls are cracking in some sections. Even though the land is not water log the soil is very loose hence we are doing the one board for the fence.

Anyway 1.6M for a four board beam fence is decent in my opinion.
All soil are loose, A solid base is at all time required atleast 1baord casting is a preventing measures for cracking.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by ceasare: 4:27pm On Jul 04, 2015
fash78:

Trust me I did all what you put in your post above. I have QS estimate of my project but you know what, in reality the QS estimate is only a guide in reality the cost can be lower or higher than QS estimate depending on many factors. Let me give you like two examples:
The QS used 1800 per bag of cement in his estimate but I was able to get cement at 1650 per bag straight from the factory because I know somebody there ( that was early last year o not now). So I made huge savings on that.
Another example, the QS used 960 as unit cost of 1 by 12 wood for my foundation and decking but I got it at 650 per a unit from inter land and shipped them to Lagos.
In addition, I hv a site engineer who had actually posted on this thread many times before, we agreed on a percentage of the total sum of his supervision fee based on the cost of the project so I am not using baba Semiu to handle the project. The only thing I do is handling negotiation of labour and buying of materials myself which anybody can do if you have the right information and trust me there are ton of it on this forum.
Having said this, I agree with everything else in you post about each project being unique (remember I have told him in one of my posts that his land is bigger than mine. Also my own land is not really as bad as Lekki's land although it is not a totally dry land, the soil type is very loose and water table is very close to the surface hence our foundation is 3 board beams but the site engineer is okay with one board beam fence.
As per the gate and grill, I will post the pix of the type that I want and you can give me the quote. For the grill, I don't have the total length and I am waiting for that info as soon as I have it I will let you know.

you ve said it all because u r an informed client.hope others will learn from you.not coming here to ask how much to build 13 rooms duplex with all finishings and they need figures to tackle their baba semiu grin grin grin.God bless all our hustle
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 10:14pm On Jul 04, 2015
ceasare:

you ve said it all because u r an informed client.hope others will learn from you.not coming here to ask how much to build 13 rooms duplex with all finishings and they need figures to tackle their baba semiu grin grin grin.God bless all our hustle

Lol. Yeah I understand what you are saying. The way some folks go about their project based on some questions asked by these individuals on this forum is mind blowing. I followed closely some of the threads created by brabus, spyder etc before I started my project and I really learned a lot from the information shared by these folks.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fembukin(m): 10:42am On Jul 05, 2015
@fash78 pls sir I sent an email (phemweb@gmail.com).... Kindly respond. Thanks
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2015
fembukin:
@fash78 pls sir I sent an email (phemweb@gmail.com).... Kindly respond. Thanks
Yeah i got your email. I will be in touch.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by EndiaSami: 10:22pm On Jul 05, 2015
fash78:

Hello sir, hope you good. Still awaiting your call. Thanks
- endiasami
Sweet home bathrooms
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 6:24pm On Jul 06, 2015
Some pix of the fence work .... More to come

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 6:26pm On Jul 06, 2015
More pix

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 6:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
More

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
Good job bro.More grease to yr elbow.

Yr has visited my site,hopefully he'll start tomorrow.

Thanx again.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 8:01pm On Jul 06, 2015
euromilion:
Good job bro.More grease to yr elbow.

Yr has visited my site,hopefully he'll start tomorrow.

Thanx again.

Yeah thanks man. I was told he has visited your site. He will do a good job for you.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by twinskenny(m): 8:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
ceasare:

BABA SEMIU got me cracking lol grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by twinskenny(m): 8:19pm On Jul 06, 2015
fash78:
More

nice setting sir. good job
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fembukin(m): 10:16pm On Jul 06, 2015
Ok... sir
fash78:

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by dayomide70(f): 10:34pm On Jul 06, 2015
Fence work going little by little.

Weldone, oga fash.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 07, 2015
Bros pls when your workers finish with yr fence,can you send them to me too please for my fence block work.

Thank you.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 1:41pm On Jul 07, 2015
euromilion:
Bros pls when your workers finish with yr fence,can you send them to me too please for my fence block work.

Thank you.
No problem bro but that will be after they finish my job grin
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 2:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
Second side of the fence gradually coming up

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
fash78:

No problem bro but that will be after they finish my job grin

Yes bro when they finish with yr fence work.yr fence is growing fast fast.well done.

Thanks.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by dayomide70(f): 12:09am On Jul 08, 2015
For your sand, granite and cement contact me on 08117119290
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by smiley001(m): 10:42am On Jul 08, 2015
Good project there Mr Fash.

For ur subsequent need of Granite and Sharp sand,
We r tested and trusted .
A trial may convince.
We have our own trucks and we use our own trucks for
delivery and dats y r prices are far different from others.
We deliver a complete tonnage requested.
NB: If u r not satisfied with d tonnage and d quality of d material at delivery, u av d right not to pay us.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2015
And the work continues. The back few of the fence

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by TinoTino(m): 5:54pm On Jul 08, 2015
Good job sir and very neat

1 Like

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 2:37pm On Jul 11, 2015
Proposed gate and grill design for the fence.
Instead of the swing one in this pix we will do roller or slide gate but similar design. Gate makers pls signify interest.

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2015
Fence work progressing. Two sides and back are at 10 coaches high. We wanted to go all the way to 11 coaches but we are going to stop at 10.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Beechwood Estate Another Hidden Treasure That Is Unbelievably Priced / Can You Rent An Apartment With These Rules And Regulations / Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.