Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos (41216 Views)

The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) / 7 Units Left!! Houses For Sale In A Mini Estate At Abijo Lekki @ N36m(Pictures) / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by erico2k2(m): 4:07pm On Jun 26, 2015
fash78:

No just the cost of moulding. Packing is about 5-10naira per pcs of block depending on how far you are packing the block to.
thanks.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by dayomide70(f): 4:15pm On Jun 26, 2015
fash78:

Thanks madam. I have sent you an email. Please reply back. We need the granite by Monday so let's agree on price.

I ve replied you sir. Thanks
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 4:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
dayomide70:

I ve replied you sir. Thanks
Thanks. Check your email for my decision.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by ceasare: 6:03pm On Jun 26, 2015
fash78:

Thanks. Check your email for my decision.

Boss I mailed u concerning gate n fence grill no response from u.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 6:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
ceasare:

Boss I mailed u concerning gate n fence grill no response from u.
Sorry bros I thought I have replied you. I will post the type of gate and grill I want here and you can email me your quotation, then we can discuss.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by TinoTino(m): 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
Good to have you back sir
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by Dominionng(m): 10:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
fash78:

Great work Dominion. Can you inbox (funsolaw@gmail.com) me your rate per sqm? Let's see if you can beat the rate I have got already.

Mail sent Sir.

Regards...
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by abouzaid: 11:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
fash78:

@abouzaid, I won't be able to post the floor plan nor the architectural plan on this thread. It is against my agreement with the builder. I hope you understand.
pls what about mailing it to my email box(greenermodels@gmail.com), pls talk with him about that. i promise to mail d final rendered images back to him. pls I'm in a rural part of the north and nairaland is my only possible gateway to get such plans. i really need them to practice my skills after studying the tutorials. pls consider me.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 12:09am On Jun 27, 2015
abouzaid:
pls what about mailing it to my email box(greenermodels@gmail.com), pls talk with him about that. i promise to mail d final rendered images back to him. pls I'm in a rural part of the north and nairaland is my only possible gateway to get such plans. i really need them to practice my skills after studying the tutorials. pls consider me.
I am sorry I can't do that bros.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by abouzaid: 5:41am On Jun 27, 2015
fash78:
I am sorry I can't do that bros.
ok, i understand.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by ceasare: 11:24am On Jun 27, 2015
abouzaid:

go to coolhouseplans.com their abound enough building plan u cant exhaust

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by EndiaSami: 1:17am On Jun 28, 2015
Sir fash...greetings.....
Still expecting your call as regards to the sanitary wares and other related items...Thanks
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
fash78:

I will help you get the number from the engineer. The guys charge N700 per bag. We were making 40pcs per bag for 6" and 35pcs per bag for 9".

Bros how's yr project?Pls do update us wit pictures,our eyes are sore.

And pls don't forget to get me the number oo.

Cheers.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by dayomide70(f): 5:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
euromilion:

Cheers.

Yes o. @ fash78,update us, our eyes are waiting.....
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 1:39am On Jun 29, 2015
dayomide70:

Yes o. @ fash78,update us, our eyes are waiting.....
I will update everyone as the work progresses. As I mentioned before we are currently planning to start he fence work on Monday. I will update you guys as we progress.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by dayomide70(f): 3:33am On Jun 29, 2015
fash78:

I will update everyone as the work progresses. As I mentioned before we are currently planning to start he fence work on Monday. I will update you guys as we progress.

Alright then. May God make It be easier than you think . Amen
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by dayomide70(f): 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
fash78:

OK, we are waiting. Weldone!
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by Chekitaut: 12:53am On Jul 01, 2015
Chekitaut:
From Lagos-Island, Victoria-Island, Banana Island, Ikoyi, Lekki to Songotedo
[size=14pt]Granite= N4,350/Ton[/size](Transportation Fee included)
Minimum Order=30tons

[size=14pt]Stone Dust= N2,800/ton[/size](Transportation Fee included)
Minimum Order=30tons

Call Now: 08055545355, 08032887233
Hurry Now!!!
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by justuthman34: 5:02pm On Jul 01, 2015
beautiful work, could you mail me your me your rate per sqm for POP here (justuthman34@yahoo.com)
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by jodeci01: 5:08pm On Jul 01, 2015
@Fash78 - good job! However do put up pics of present stage so far and amount spent till date. Would also like to know size of land. Thanks!
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 3:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
jodeci01:
@Fash78 - good job! However do put up pics of present stage so far and amount spent till date. Would also like to know size of land. Thanks!

Please bear with me the pix of the fence work will be uploaded as soon as possible. I have spent so far about 16M and the land size is 767sqm.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2015
Guys we eventually started the fence work today. Had some delay and issues but have been resolved one way or the other.
The breakdown of labour, materials and scope of work are as below:

Work scope:
- Fence work around 25.8m by 29.74m land including two iron gates in front and iron grills

Materials:
Total blocks - 2500 pieces
Cement - estimated 100 bags ( but I am buying as we go, presently bought 20 bags)
Sharp sand - 4 trips of 30Ton
12mm reinforcement - 1 Ton
10mm reinforcement - 1Ton
Granite - 30Ton (We actually needed 15Ton but I bought extra 15Ton for the casting of septic tank and soakaway)
Binding wire - 2 bundles
3" Nails - 1 bundle
4" Nails - 1 bundle
Of course wood - (We are using left over woods from foundation and decking work)

Labour
Mason
Digging and blinding work - 20K
Casting of raft foundation for the fence (1 board beam) - 40K
Fence block setting including toppings and casting of columns - 120K
Casting of pillars for the two gates in front - 25K

Iron bender - 30K

Carpenter - 50K

I will upload some pictures as they are ready, right now nothing to upload as they have just started digging and blinding today.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by TinoTino(m): 4:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
More grease to your elbow sir

1 Like

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 4:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
euromilion:

Cheers.

The block moulder's numbers - 08127978974, 08165236852
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by FastShipping: 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2015
fash78:
Guys we eventually started the fence work today. Had some delay and issues but have been resolved one way or the other.
The breakdown of labour, materials and scope of work are as below:

Work scope:
- Fence work around 25.8m by 29.74m land including two iron gates in front and iron grills

Materials:
Total blocks - 2500 pieces
Cement - estimated 100 bags ( but I am buying as we go, presently bought 20 bags)
Sharp sand - 4 trips of 30Ton
12mm reinforcement - 1 Ton
10mm reinforcement - 1Ton
Granite - 30Ton (We actually needed 15Ton but I bought extra 15Ton for the casting of septic tank and soakaway)
Binding wire - 2 bundles
3" Nails - 1 bundle
4" Nails - 1 bundle
Of course wood - (We are using left over woods from foundation and decking work)

Labour
Mason
Digging and blinding work - 20K
Casting of raft foundation for the fence (1 board beam) - 40K
Fence block setting including toppings and casting of columns - 120K
Casting of pillars for the two gates in front - 25K

Iron bender - 30K

Carpenter - 50K

I will upload some pictures as they are ready, right now nothing to upload as they have just started digging and blinding today.

Very cheap.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 8:25pm On Jul 02, 2015
FastShipping:

Very cheap.

@Fast shipping, how much would you have expected? And what is your basis of qualifying the labour and or materials as "very cheap"
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by FastShipping: 8:30pm On Jul 02, 2015
fash78:

@Fast shipping, how much would you have expected? And what is your basis of qualifying the labour and or materials as "very cheap"

I recently got around 681,000 Naira to fence 120ft by 120ft land. I knew then that it shouldn't be that high. The 681,000 Naira was only for workmanship and supervision. Materials are to be procured separately by me. Materials estimate was around 1.3M Naira.

N.B

I went to check my records, it was actually 688,000 Naira for workmanship and supervision. Cost for materials stand at 1.3M+.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2015
FastShipping:

I recently got around 681,000 Naira to fence 120ft by 120ft land. I knew then that it shouldn't be that high. The 681,000 Naira was only for workmanship and supervision. Materials are to be procured separately by me. Materials estimate was around 1.3M Naira.

N.B

I went to check my records, it was actually 688,000 Naira for workmanship and supervision. Cost for materials stand at 1.3M+.

That is outrageous. I try to arm myself with information regarding labour for my project. I have provided some rule of thumbs that I normally use:

Mason charge for block laying - Normally should be between N35K - 45K per 1000 blocks
Mason charge for casting - Averagely N3K per m3 of concrete (You need to know the length, width and thickness (depth) of your slab)
iron bender - 15K - 20K per Ton of reinforcement depending on how many Tons and location of work (height )
For carpenter - I go with daily rate of 3-4K per day (Starting point of negotiation is "how many days will it take you to finish the work"wink

Materials: Buy your materials yourself, very very important and look around for honest suppliers.

The total cost of my fence should not be more than 1.3M give or take with the gates and grills.

NOTE: Mind you the cost i posted earlier does not include plastering of the fence o and other things like electrical work e.t.c.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by FastShipping: 9:22pm On Jul 02, 2015
fash78:

That is outrageous. I try to arm myself with information regarding labour for my project. I have provided some rule of thumbs that I normally use:

Mason charge for block laying - Normally should be between N35K - 45K per 1000 blocks
Mason charge for casting - Averagely N3K per m3 of concrete (You need to know the thickness, depth and length of your slab)
iron bender - 15K - 20K per Ton of reinforcement depending on how many Tons and location of work (height )
For carpenter - I go with daily rate of 3-4K per day (Starting point of negotiation is "how many days will it take you to finish the work"wink

Materials: Buy your materials yourself, very very important and look around for honest suppliers.

The total cost of my fence should not be more than 1.3M give or take with the gates and grills.

NOTE: Mind you the cost i posted earlier does not include plastering of the fence o and other things like electrical work e.t.c.

Plastering or electrical were not included in mine either. Mine was supposed to have 2-3ft concrete walls on left and right sides of the land.

Cost of Gate not included in mine too.

Here is the estimate given to me:

1. 181 bags of Cement

2. 29 tonnes of stoned

ust

3. 15 tonnes of Sharpsand

4. Woods

a. 135 Numbers of 1x 12

wood

b. 120

Numbers of 2 x3 wood

c. 1 bag of 3 inches and 1 bag of 4 inches Nails

5. a.121 lengths of Y12mm

rod(93 lengths=1tonne)
b.107 lengths of Y10mm rod(133 lengths=1 tonne)

c. 2 rolls of Binding wire

6. 51 tonnes of granite

7. 2757 nos of stone dust blocks

8. Labour for excavation 54,000 naira

9. Labour for Blinding 60,000

10.Labour for carpenter 60,000

11.Labour for Beam and Column 155,000

12.Labour for Iron bender 55,000

13.Labour for Block work 164,100

14. Supervision fee 140,000

Item 1 -7 is 1.3M+

Item 8-14 is 688,000 Naira.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 9:25pm On Jul 02, 2015
FastShipping:

Plastering or electrical were not included in mine either. Mine was supposed to have 2-4ft concrete walls on left and right sides of the land.

Cost of Gate not included in mine too.

Here is the estimate given to me:

1. 181 bags of Cement

2. 29 tonnes of stoned

ust

3. 15 tonnes of Sharpsand

4. Woods

a. 135 Numbers of 1x 12

wood

b. 120

Numbers of 2 x3 wood

c. 1 bag of 3 inches and 1 bag of 4 inches Nails

5. a.121 lengths of Y12mm

rod(93 lengths=1tonne)
b.107 lengths of Y10mm rod(133 lengths=1 tonne)

c. 2 rolls of Binding wire

6. 51 tonnes of granite

7. 2757 nos of stone dust blocks

8. Labour for excavation 54,000 naira

9. Labour for Blinding 60,000

10.Labour for carpenter 60,000

11.Labour for Beam and Column 155,000

12.Labour for Iron bender 55,000

13.Labour for Block work 164,100

14. Supervision fee 140,000

Item 1 -7 is 1.3M+

Item 8-14 is $688,000 Naira.

That is on a high side. I didnt add the cost of blocks to mine because the blocks were already made since last year. But even with the cost of blocks, the total cost won't near the cost you posted for your fence. I am not sure though if your workers are more experienced and better than mine though but no matter what i believe the cost disparity should not be that much.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by FastShipping: 9:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
fash78:

That is on a high side. I didnt add the cost of blocks to mine also because the blocks were already made since last year.

I knew mine was a lot higher than I anticipated. My budget for fence and gate was 1.3M Naira but I was willing to go up to 1.5M. It was on the way to 2.4M Naira if gate was included.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 9:32pm On Jul 02, 2015
fash78:

That is on a high side. I didnt add the cost of blocks to mine because the blocks were already made since last year. But even with the cost of blocks, the total cost won't near the cost you posted for your fence. I am not sure though if your workers are more experienced and better than mine though but no matter what i believe the cost disparity should not be that much.

Hey guy I took the comment above back. Your land is much more bigger than mine. The total area of my land is 767sqm and your is 1338sqm. Your is more bigger than mine with about 571sqm. May be that is why you are spending much more on materials and labour (I think).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How To Buy A Lagos State Government Residential Housing Scheme. Dos And Donts / Beechwood Estate Another Hidden Treasure That Is Unbelievably Priced / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Flat Roof Design In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.