Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (871753 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Folarge06(m): 10:39am On Oct 17, 2014
profojah:
Gurus abeg egbami oo
I mistakenly wrote 18months on my duration of stay/course when filling my ds160 ..but its 30months on my i20...what sud I do?..sud I leave it that way or I sud go for new ds160 and my interview date is next week......pls I need ur quick response pls gurus
why not fill a new DS-160 form to be on a safe side and update the new confirmation number on your appointment page.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:04am On Oct 17, 2014
profojah:
Gurus abeg egbami oo
I mistakenly wrote 18months on my duration of stay/course when filling my ds160 ..but its 30months on my i20...what sud I do?..sud I leave it that way or I sud go for new ds160 and my interview date is next week......pls I need ur quick response pls gurus

The best for you is to fill a new ds160 and then update the new code on your appointment page and print a new appointment confirmation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 17, 2014
So long..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 17, 2014
Will this affect my interview date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 17, 2014
Walspring:

The best for you is to fill a new ds160 and then update the new code on your appointment page and print a new appointment confirmation
Will dis affect my interview date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 17, 2014
profojah:

Will dis affect my interview date?
and how do I go about this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by efiyefaa: 11:34am On Oct 17, 2014
Bobbieydeey:
. Congratss,which school are you going to ?
California state university bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 17, 2014
profojah:
and how do I go about this
It won't affect your interview date. You can even update your ds160 on the day of your interview. Before the interview time.

Fill a new ds160 go to your profile, go to update profile you'll see where you'll fill your new ds160 code. Make sure after filling you print a new appointment confirmation. And take the newly filled ds160 confirmation along with you on the interview day and discard the old ones.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 17, 2014
slimmy05:
It won't affect your interview date. You can even update your ds160 on the day of your interview. Before the interview time.
Fill a new ds160 go to your profile, go to update profile you'll see where you'll fill your new ds160 code. Make sure after filling you print a new appointment confirmation. And take the newly filled ds160 confirmation along with you on the interview day and discard the old ones.
And how will I change the confirmation number on my appointment printout
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by efiyefaa: 11:56am On Oct 17, 2014
godG:
sad Any school that charges more than #2500 for transcripts should be sued for a crime against humanity. sad
Bros noun charges 10,000!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 17, 2014
profojah:

It will change automatically.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
profojah:

it will change automatically
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by efiyefaa: 12:13pm On Oct 17, 2014
My people! I greet y'all (make I start dey talk like oyinbo) Lol just kidding naija for life!
please among the documents sent to me, there was a line at the bottom of the last page that I am another allowed to work even on campus for my first semester as an Intl student.
I have mailed them asking for a waiver to that rule. any other ideas on how I should go about it? can someone who has gone through same experience tell me how they did it?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by opad(m): 12:13pm On Oct 17, 2014
Youre welcome
imperiouxx:

Yes it's been issued several times before. I've contacted the man that helped me then. Thanks for the info.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by opad(m): 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2014
godG:

Wow! Good. Now you are at the stage where the delay sets in. smiley You might need to start doing a follow up in your school. Best wishes, sir.

Thanks, I've started making phone calls. Hoping they'll reply in time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MrRoYCe(m): 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2014
coobboy:

NICE CONGRATULATIONS MAN

Thanks man....You nko?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
slimmy05:
it will change automatically
Its not going...its showing an error page..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2014
profojah:

Its not going...its showing an error page..
then use the provide feedback option and send them the details of your ds160(confirmation number) they will assist you update it on your profile within 2business days.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 17, 2014
slimmy05:
then use the provide feedback option and send them the details of your ds160(confirmation number) they will assist you update it on your profile within 2business days.
Slimmy baba....still d same problem ooo..but I've sent dem an email of my old and new confirmation Numba....Hope dey'l reply me soon....ure mouthed boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2014
Hello all, please after applying to a school and they ask you to mail them your documents, is it the originals or just photocopies and how do I have to certify them?
And please what school can I apply to for undergraduate studies that I can upload all my documents without having to courier them for undergraduate studies?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by goryorhal(m): 4:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
troubled:
Hello all, please after applying to a school and they ask you to mail them your documents, is it the originals or just photocopies and how do I have to certify them?
And please what school can I apply to for undergraduate studies that I can upload all my documents without having to courier them for undergraduate studies?

Gannon university
Murray state university
Dayton university
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 17, 2014
Tnks @goryorhal, do these schools require standardized tests?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
troubled:
Tnks @goryorhal, do these schools require standardized tests?
Do you have issues accessing the website of the school? Or you can't access Google? Why not as well help yourself with the information you got already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 17, 2014
@slimmy, are you using the same moniker as goryorhal?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
troubled:
@slimmy, are you using the same moniker as goryorhal?
Stop being lazy and write standardized test.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dcyprusog: 4:59pm On Oct 17, 2014
is the sevis fee payed to department of homeland security or us immigration and custom enforcement. please help urgently someone in the usa is trying to help me to pay but don't know how help please ??!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2014
@slimmy, you havnt answered my Question, are you goryorhal I directed the question to? I didn't mention ur name and you are calling me lazy. Do you know why I asked the question?. So becos of USA, you dey form hulk hogan abi, if a question is not directed at you, please refrain from answering, don't say I didn't tell you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 17, 2014
troubled:
@slimmy, you havnt answered my Question, are you goryorhal I directed the question to? I didn't mention ur name and you are calling me lazy. Do you know why I asked the question?. So becos of USA, you dey form hulk hogan abi, if a question is not directed at you, please refrain from answering, don't say I didn't tell you.
The more reason why you are troubled. smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dcyprusog: 5:05pm On Oct 17, 2014
someone please help. The person has already printed the coupon page...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 17, 2014
@slimmy.....I heard I can take the old ds160 and d new ds160 forms along to the embassy....what do u think about dis?...cos my appointment leta hasn't been updated and am scared.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 17, 2014
profojah:
@slimmy.....I heard I can take the old ds160 and d new ds160 forms along to the embassy....what do u think about dis?...cos my appointment leta hasn't been updated and am scared.....
You can keep updating the site bro. Keep checking. You can they like 9pm today. Note that you cant access the site weekends.

Well you can take the both if you want. They are yours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
dcyprusog:
someone please help. The person has already printed the coupon page...
department of homeland security. You can always use Google.com and type sevis fee and you'll see all the result you seek.

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.