Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866750 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 3:27pm On Oct 18, 2014
Joenice:
Mr. Showman, if the resumption of your school is close or too close, make sure you get a ticket to Chicago as well and tell the POE guys that you're going to LOS to celebrate the xmas first with your family. Those guys can be crazy sometimes. Because there would be too many travelers at that time. Above all, i don't think you would have any problem.
sleeping giants don't shout we live it. Courtesy of (Alliance in motion) cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 18, 2014
Joenice:
Lol, Teddy is nice though. He's like a friend of mine whose parents wanted to visit the United States, he told the whole-family he's going to Washington DC to get an IV for them. His parents said White House? He responded yes. So I began to laugh but unfortunately fell from a chair and broke my finger. It was indeed a drama :-)

MOST BORING JOKE OF THE YEAR

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2014
Hello nairalanders. Please, how many times are u permitted to reschedule the person's embassy appointment? also, is it possible to schedule during weekends. Urgent response needed. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2014
nedum360:
Hello nairalanders. Please, how many times are u permitted to reschedule the person's embassy appointment? also, is it possible to schedule during weekends. Urgent response needed. Thanks
You can't access the site during weekends. You can reschedule only twice I guess.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 18, 2014
cryptography:

I hope you've been able to sort out your waec and international passport issues. Try to make meaningful contribution atleast, don't sound like its personal issues
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:59pm On Oct 18, 2014
nedum360:

You can reschedule twice but if you mistakenly or forcefully reschedule you will lose your visa fee and you will have to pay for another visa fee.

Yes and No.. In the sense that if there are many applicants sometimes the embassy upload weekend dates but right now no weekend dates on available dates
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 18, 2014
cryptography:

oh please...... don't try play mind games with your sudden concern........................ oh one more thing

FUC|K YOU
cheesy Failure
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by seunoshy: 5:03pm On Oct 18, 2014
burgessdon:
Abuja.A friend in US assisted me to make the payment.Kansas
Hello burgenson.I also applied to Kansas State University. Please how many days does it take them to send I-20?I received a mail from Cordill that my file is complete. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 5:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
teddyrain:
Hello brothers, my school resumes january (my school is in chicago) but i plan to go straight to los angeles December 24th to first chill around with my cousins and uncle. Hope there won't be probs at POE?

Oga Teddyrain there might be problem ooooo. U av to report in Ur school first b4 going to anywhere. Unless na d same airport leads to Ur skol and Ur cousin place
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 18, 2014
Please,can anybody here list a few State universities that offer full scholarship for international undergraduate students with a good WAEC and SAT result?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
Please,anybody?I need an answer to my above question as soon as possible..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 5:47pm On Oct 18, 2014
stevecrun:
Please,can anybody here list a few State universities that offer full scholarship for international undergraduate students with a good WAEC and SAT result?

They are plenty but you need a cgpa of at least 3.0 to qualify for partial scholarship and 3.5 cgpa for full scholarship and remember they have required SAT score for their scholarship and some ask for above 1500 as total SAT score.

N.B --- It depend on schools policy for cgpa and SAT score but minimum is 3.0, although i have seen cgpa of 2.85 for scholarship but i cant remember the school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 18, 2014
Walspring:

They are plenty but you need a cgpa of at least 3.0 to qualify for partial scholarship and 3.5 cgpa for full scholarship and remember they have required SAT score for their scholarship and some ask for above 1500 as total SAT score.

N.B --- It depend on schools policy for cgpa and SAT score but minimum is 3.0, although i have seen cgpa of 2.85 for scholarship but i cant remember the school

Bro,can SAT score of 1700 work?you need remember the school ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 5:55pm On Oct 18, 2014
stevecrun:

Louisiana tech university
Troy university
University of arkansas monticello
Coppin state university (maryland)
Newberry college (south carolina)
Southeast missouri state university
Jackson state university
Prairie view A&M university (texas)
Oklahoma state university

Check the link below
Talk.collegeconfidential.com/financial-aid-scholarships/1348012-automatic-full-tuition-full-ride-scholarships.html

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 18, 2014
Thanks Coobboy!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2014
cryptography:

Not really. Most of my friends are from well to do family and sometimes, they elaborate ways on getting money from their families in order to survive in America.

You may not understand this till you go broke abroad. My brother, life is tough. So they alter prices on accomodation, feeding, transportation and so on. They also ask for money for IV if their families want to visit. But tuition remains unalterred because they're afraid their families will contact the school:-)

I am usually being called upon by their families on phone or meet face-to-face. when i'm less busy. These guys go as far as promising some money, yet i turn it down. I like to make money in a good way. Not other way round.

White House is not only for politics. Anyone could be there provided you work hard and of course, believe in yourself. If you're in White House as a photographer, you've been there. In God We Trust:-)

I am usually being called
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by wale1470(m): 6:11pm On Oct 18, 2014
any body flyin qutar airline dec 24 pm me.. I and exxy just get in contact now were are fly the same time. Any body!? @exxy let see before that day we just talked to phone

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 6:15pm On Oct 18, 2014
Walspring:

You can reschedule twice but if you mistakenly or forcefully reschedule you will lose your visa fee and you will have to pay for another visa fee.

Yes and No.. In the sense that if there are many applicants sometimes the embassy upload weekend dates but right now no weekend dates on available dates

Thanks walspring. What I meant was that: does the system allow reschedule during weekends. What do u mean by forcefully?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 18, 2014
wale1470:
any body flyin qutar airline dec 24 pm me.. I and exxy just get in contact now were are fly the same time. Any body!? @exxy let see before that day we just talked to phone
make una no use una camera flashlight spoil out airport biko when you're leaving
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2014
Joenice:
Not really. Most of my friends are from well to do family and sometimes, they elaborate ways on getting money from their families in order to survive in America.

You may not understand this till you go broke abroad. My brother, life is tough. So they alter prices on accomodation, feeding, transportation and so on. They also ask for money for IV if their families want to visit. But tuition remains unalterred because they're afraid their families will contact the school:-)

I am usually being called upon by their families on phone or meet face-to-face. when i'm less busy. These guys go as far as promising some money, yet i turn it down. I like to make money in a good way. Not other way round.

White House is not only for politics. Anyone could be there provided you work hard and of course, believe in yourself. If you're in White House as a photographer, you've been there. In God We Trust:-)

I am usually being called
The matter is a very serious one, and not for joking.

.Last Bullet

you dont have to go broke in amelika to understand life, anyone can learn life lessons anywhere
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:23pm On Oct 18, 2014
nedum360:

Thanks walspring. What I meant was that: does the system allow reschedule during weekends. What do u mean by forcefully?

Yes you can reschedule anyday anytime provide they dont have network issue.

Forcefully in a way that its warns you and you go ahead and click yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:25pm On Oct 18, 2014
stevecrun:
Bro,can SAT score of 1700 work?you need remember the school ooo

Yes 1700 can work... right now some many things on my head and am not sure if i can remember the school but i will check archives and system history to find it...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 6:26pm On Oct 18, 2014
stevecrun:
Thanks Coobboy!!
Uwlcm steve
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ehimax(m): 6:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
sirRiddy:
Ehimax, this is for you. Azeez, sorry for misquoting you.

I think you should focus on the following tips:
1. Nova Maths bible is next to none for maths.
2. You should use gruber and barron for verbal.
3. As widely accepted, Kaplan for the analytical writing.
Barron strategies are ineluctable, the book is immensely useful.
However, if you can avoid a cursory preparation,please do;GRE can humble people o cheesy

thanks for the advice, it really looks hard with the big words in every single text.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by younique10: 6:32pm On Oct 18, 2014
An Intl student isn't permitted to travel to d state above 30 days before resumption...buhh what if u travel..let's say...15 days before resumption but u don't go to the state of ur school.. let's say...Arizona... but u go to San Diego to chill off before school starts
Will there be any problem at the point of entry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 6:39pm On Oct 18, 2014
Walspring:

Yes you can reschedule anyday anytime provide they dont have network issue.

Forcefully in a way that its warns you and you go ahead and click yes

Just noticed the reschedule button isn't on my page. Have only rescheduled once. Dunno y.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:46pm On Oct 18, 2014
nedum360:

Just noticed the reschedule button isn't on my page. Have only rescheduled once. Dunno y.

Yes it wont be there because you have already booked appointment and you will need to cancel first before you can reschedule

It might be there maybe you have cancelled twice but before you can reschedule you must cancel first..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2014
Ehimax:
Good evening house please which of the GRE study pack is better for someone preparing for the exam within a short period of time? I have Barron and cracking the GRE text on my pc. tanks
Study strictly from the official guide if u have limited time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:49pm On Oct 18, 2014
younique10:
An Intl student isn't permitted to travel to d state above 30 days before resumption...buhh what if u travel..let's say...15 days before resumption but u don't go to the state of ur school.. let's say...Arizona... but u go to San Diego to chill off before school starts
Will there be any problem at the point of entry

Nope there wont be any issue at poe as long as you told them why you going to plot B and when you will be going to Plot A... Some of them knew that school accomodation might not be ready for you before you resume to school and when you get to school you will start looking for accomodation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lockupman(m): 6:55pm On Oct 18, 2014
Lagos

homu88:
Congratulations bro. I have mine in a few weeks. I pray it goes as smooth as yours. Pls was your interview in Abuja or Lagos?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lockupman(m): 7:35pm On Oct 18, 2014
A big Amen to you. You shall return to NL right on this page and tell us your testimony. Just be bold and answer appropriately and confidently but maintaining politeness

dotman2460:
Congrats bro. God willing I will come back here to post a story like this. My interview is on the 29th of this month in, Lagos. I resume Jan 5, 2015, heading towards Indiana for MSc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa