Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (867929 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Folarge06(m): 7:53am On Oct 18, 2014
profojah:

Bro ...try understand...I retrieved my ds160 and d new confirmation code isn't showing on my appointment letter(d one showing my interview date and time)..but I tried to update my profile and it was still showing my old confirmation code instd of d new code...so I'm confuse weda to go with both d old and new ds160 and explain to dem what apnd....abi wetin u feel?

If I sud take d new ds160 alone, what about the appointment letter showing the old confirmation code?
Bros why not calm down...I had the same issue with yours.Just fill out a new DS-160 and go to feedback on your appointment homepage and make a query stating that you want to change the DS-160 to a new one..You will receive and instant message in your mailbox stating that you should provide some information and upload your passport datapage and both the new and old DS-160 confirmation..Give them some hours and it will be automatically updated.I bet you it won't take a day
Don't rush yourself so you won't make mistake...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 18, 2014
Folarge06:
Bros why not calm down...I had the same issue with yours.Just fill out a new DS-160 and go to feedback on your appointment homepage and make a query stating that you want to change the DS-160 to a new one..You will receive and instant message in your mailbox stating that you should provide some information and upload your passport datapage and both the new and old DS-160 confirmation..Give them some hours and it will be automatically updated.I bet you it won't take a day
Folarge06:
Thanks boss...I really appreciate u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 8:50am On Oct 18, 2014
lockupman:
Visa approved in 1st attempt.
Place: Nigeria
Date:3rd October, 2014.
Counter: 4.
Visa interview didn't last more than 20 secs. Beautiful female officer in her late twenties or early thirties.
Me: Good morning (with a confident smile)
VO: Good morning (with a tender voice)
VO: You're (called my full name)
Me: Yes.
VO: Where are you going to in the US
Me: Charleston, IL (answered appropriately)
VO: Where did you find out about this school?
Me: msinus.com and usnews.com
VO: What we're you actually looking for before you decided to select this school?
Me: I was looking for a school with a major in bla bla bla (answered appropriately)
VO: ok. So who's sponsoring your education?
Me: My elder brother is sponsoring my education.
VO: What does he do?
Me: Said
VO: Can I see his bank statement?
Me: Sure (hand in the document)
VO: looks at document and typed into her system. Looks at me and said 'I'm approving your Visa, you can pick it up on this date (gives me a white paper).
Me: Thank you very much Ma'am ( packed my docs and ran out of her presence before she changes her mind).
congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MrRoYCe(m): 8:54am On Oct 18, 2014
coobboy:

Not yet man
Next week she said

Ok bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Folarge06(m): 8:58am On Oct 18, 2014
profojah:

Thanks boss...I really appreciate u
You are welcome sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 9:09am On Oct 18, 2014
lockupman:
Visa interview didn't last more than 20 secs. Beautiful female officer in her late twenties or early thirties.
VO: What we're you actually looking for before you decided to select this school?
Me: I was looking for a school with a major in bla bla bla (answered appropriately)
VO: looks at document and typed into her system. Looks at me and said 'I'm approving your Visa, you can pick it up on this date (gives me a white paper).
Me: Thank you very much Ma'am ( packed my docs and ran out of her presence before she changes her mind).
Congrats! For those of us visiting d embassy soon. Nairalanders will congratulate us. It is well. IJN

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 10:48am On Oct 18, 2014
profojah:

Bro ...try understand...I retrieved my ds160 and d new confirmation code isn't showing on my appointment letter(d one showing my interview date and time)..but I tried to update my profile and it was still showing my old confirmation code instd of d new code...so I'm confuse weda to go with both d old and new ds160 and explain to dem what apnd....abi wetin u feel?

If I sud take d new ds160 alone, what about the appointment letter showing the old confirmation code?
Maybe you should try filling another one again. If the story doesn't change, just contact them. It's their system and they must have gotten such complaint before. You shouldn't be the first experiencing it. So bro, relax and don't be nonplussed as your interview draws closer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 10:56am On Oct 18, 2014
nedum360:

That's not all. Local transcripts even to a department in your school costs 15,000.
That's shockingly inappropriate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 11:46am On Oct 18, 2014
charzyh2:

boss, I called you several times but it was switched off.
i changed my number bro so sorry bout that i will send u am email of my number
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 11:51am On Oct 18, 2014
Hello brothers, my school resumes january (my school is in chicago) but i plan to go straight to los angeles December 24th to first chill around with my cousins and uncle. Hope there won't be probs at POE?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 18, 2014
teddyrain:
Hello brothers, my school resumes january (my school is in chicago) but i plan to go straight to los angeles December 24th to first chill around with my cousins and uncle. Hope there won't be probs at POE?
You've asked this question countless times. The last time it was California undecided Oga if you want travel travel biko.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 18, 2014
PedigreeCity:
Congrats! For those of us visiting d embassy soon. Nairalanders will congratulate us. It is well. IJN
have you gotten your degree cert?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by homu88: 12:04pm On Oct 18, 2014
Hello house... I have a quick question.

Its stated on my I-20 that my dad is my sponsor, but I intend to attach my personal account with my dads statement of account for the visa interview. Must the full proof of sponsorship come from the Sponsor as stated on the I-20 or can I add to the funds by using my personal account?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:12pm On Oct 18, 2014
profojah:

Walspring baba....wetin I fit do now....I have two diff confirmation code but the old one is still on my appointment printout and I'm trying to update my profile to put d new one dere but it wasn't going...my intvw is next week....sud I take both d old and d new confirmation page printout to d embassy? And op dis wont affect sha

You will take the new confirmation code.. Dont worry it will update maybe network issue and since you send them feedback, am sure they will do it for you but i suggest you update the new code and take it to embassy for you interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 12:13pm On Oct 18, 2014
@wale1470, bross check ur email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:14pm On Oct 18, 2014
homu88:
Hello house... I have a quick question.

Its stated on my I-20 that my dad is my sponsor, but I intend to attach my personal account with my dads statement of account for the visa interview. Must the full proof of sponsorship come from the Sponsor as stated on the I-20 or can I add to the funds by using my personal account?

Please go with your dad's own and if the money no reach use yours as back up incase the VO ask you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
slimmy05:
You've asked this question countless times. The last time it was California undecided Oga if you want travel travel biko.
Hahaha. Don't you know he's a show man? Tomorrow, he would say he's going to Washington DC :-)

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2014
Lol...still basking in the euphoria. We all experience this at one point or another in our lives, so let him savour his new found dream.
Enjoy your time for amelika o, mr. Teddy cheesy
Joenice:
Hahaha. Don't you know he's a show man? Tomorrow, he would say he's going to Washington DC :-)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 12:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
teddyrain:
i changed my number bro so sorry bout that i will send u am email of my number
okay sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 18, 2014
teddyrain:
Mr. Showman, if the resumption of your school is close or too close, make sure you get a ticket to Chicago as well and tell the POE guys that you're going to LOS to celebrate the xmas first with your family. Those guys can be crazy sometimes. Because there would be too many travelers at that time. Above all, i don't think you would have any problem.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 12:51pm On Oct 18, 2014
slimmy05:
Los Angeles is a city in California.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 1:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
lockupman:

Bless God
I love good news.congrats bro
Welcome to Yankee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dotman2460: 1:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
Congrats bro. God willing I will come back here to post a story like this. My interview is on the 29th of this month in, Lagos. I resume Jan 5, 2015, heading towards Indiana for MSc.

lockupman:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2014
sirRiddy:
Lol...still basking in the euphoria. We all experience this at one point or another in our lives, so let him savour his new found dream.
Enjoy your time for amelika o, mr. Teddy cheesy
Lol, Teddy is nice though. He's like a friend of mine whose parents wanted to visit the United States, he told the whole-family he's going to Washington DC to get an IV for them. His parents said White House? He responded yes. So I began to laugh but unfortunately fell from a chair and broke my finger. It was indeed a drama :-)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2014
charzyh2:

Clap for yourself
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 18, 2014
Hilarious! cheesy
Joenice:
Lol, Teddy is nice though. He's like a friend of mine whose parents wanted to visit the United States, he told the whole-family he's going to Washington DC to get an IV for them. His parents said White House? He responded yes. So I began to laugh but unfortunately fell from a chair and broke my finger. It was indeed a drama :-)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 2:26pm On Oct 18, 2014
slimmy05:
have you gotten your degree cert?
Yep bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 2:38pm On Oct 18, 2014
dotman2460:
Congrats bro. God willing I will come back here to post a story like this. My interview is on the 29th of this month in, Lagos. I resume Jan 5, 2015, heading towards Indiana for MSc.

Bro! Believe in God, u will surely have it. Pls fast n pray for God's favor n mercy. It works

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2014
slimmy05:

Chai. Slimmy embarassed grin there is God o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 3:20pm On Oct 18, 2014
slimmy05:
why body too dey bite you? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 3:22pm On Oct 18, 2014
Joenice:
if you be comedian people go dey sleep 4 your jokes tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 3:25pm On Oct 18, 2014
charzyh2:

Bro come down to my office and take your prize cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.