Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (869796 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
slimmy05:
I am doing well. My regards to him too. I called him sometime ago, we spoke at length.

How are you preparing?
Doing fine my broda........One passport,one first class ticket to the money..Straight flight!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by phemix: 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2014
congrats to gigabanks and femoric9, Welcome to America, bliv me this is just the beginning of great stuffs for you. Once again, congrats....

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 5:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
aadeyi:
Pls does anyone knows when the embassy closes for the year.... want to book appointment between 18th and 23rd of December ........... pls someone help

when you get to the page that you wanted to book appointment you will see available dates and also see the dates that the embassy won't open..

Dec 25th and 26th 2014 embassy won't open then Jan 1st to 6th also...

I hope this help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 5:38pm On Nov 28, 2014
Gigibangs:
Visa approved at abuja......Transcript coming soon thanks to everyone for the contribution grin

Congrats and enjoy your stay in obamaland...

Cheers!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 5:43pm On Nov 28, 2014
femoric9:
ALL GLORY & ADORATION TO GOD ALMIGHTY, D MERCIFUL & GRACIOUS GOD. I JUST GOT MY VISA APPROVED AT AROUND 11AM AT D ABUJA EMBASSY.
Thanks to evrybody in d house,glory be to God.Transcript wil come later,stil in an ecstatic mood.

congratulations... Enjoy your stay in obamaland...

Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2014
jenns:

I tap into everyone's testimonies that have being offered VISA in Jesus Name.!!!
Mine is on the way IJn.

remember not only you but we all tap into every testimonies...

Amen in the Name of Jesus..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2014
jakeharris:

sure food go boku die grin undecided

you go too like food ooo gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
stupor:

@Walspring! Thanks bro. !

Lets give the thanks to God...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2014
zeezahbee:
is anyone coming to Houston this spring or probably fall
Hopefully this spring. Was accepted at UH's Msc subsea engineering program early in November.That's were i wanna end up but it's taking forever for their i20 to get to me. R u in UH?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 6:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
hello guys....Hope this GRE score is good enough. Took it today.

Q-161 V- 159.......JKK HOUSE

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
dicapino:

good score. You did well. Which schools are you looking to apply and which course?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 6:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
slimmy05:
good score. You did well. Which schools are you looking to apply and which course?

Texas A&M.....ULL, Northern illinois university, Univetsity of Oklahoma.....
thats what I selected. ..Course...Mech Eng.

So what are my chances slimmy05......for the FALL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
dicapino:

Texas A&M.....ULL, Northern illinois university, Univetsity of Oklahoma.....
thats what I selected. ..Course...Mech Eng.

So what are my chances slimmy05......for the FALL
great chance. Admit shouldn't be a worry. Try and make sure your SOP is on point and your recommendations. Whats your undergraduate cgpa.

Please, work on getting funding.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2014
dicapino:

Hi..goodday would give you necessary feedback when i take it this Friday. Thanks

Hello guy....the exam was okay today. I think Barron should surfeit for the quant ( although I used manhattan prep)...it was not too hard a lot of weighted averages and co.

For the verbal it would be foolhardy to think you only need to learn a tome of words to get a good score ( COLLEGIAL was the only word that that I feel was unknown to me . its the nuance of the sentences and all the signposts- contrasts and the likes that really matter.

In summary, I advice you get the Ets practice questions books, they a really helped me especially the verbal Like 150 Gre like questions- you get me.

Thanks that all I can say .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 7:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
slimmy05:
great chance. Admit shouldn't be a worry. Try and make sure your SOP is on point and your recommendations. Whats your undergraduate cgpa.

Please, work on getting funding.

4.24/ 5.... Am I not late for fall 2015 already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 7:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
dicapino:

Hello guy....the exam was okay today. I think Barron should surfeit for the quant ( although I used manhattan prep)...it was not too hard a lot of weighted averages and co.

For the verbal it would be foolhardy to think you only need to learn a tome of words to get a good score ( COLLEGIAL was the only word that that I feel was unknown to me . its the nuance of the sentences and all the signposts- contrasts and the likes that really matter.

In summary, I advice you get the Ets practice questions books, they a really helped me especially the verbal Like 150 Gre like questions- you get me.

SORRY ADMIN...this post is for @coolbiz...hope you see this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
dicapino:

4.24/ 5.... Am I not late for fall 2015 already
you're right on track. Hope the schools don't need evaluation.

Take your time and go through the schools requirements. You can start writing your SOP, if you need proof readers or editors bigfrancis21 can assist if you plead with him. Stay focused and play your cards well.

Start sending emails as regards funding so you would know your probability of securing one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 7:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
[right][/right]
slimmy05:
you're right on track. Hope the schools don't need evaluation.

Take your time and go through the schools requirements. You can start writing your SOP, if you need proof readers or editors bigfrancis21 can assist if you plead with him. Stay focused and play your cards well.

Start sending emails as regards funding so you would know your probability of securing one.

thanks slimmy05....so I send emaild to the grad school contacts ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
dicapino:

SORRY ADMIN...this post is for @coolbiz...hope you see this.

It's coolbibz. Thanks a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 28, 2014
dicapino:
[right][/right]

thanks slimmy05....so I send emaild to the grad school contacts ?
Try to contact the grad school cordinator or your departmental professors. They should give you guidelines.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
dicapino:

Congrats bro. That's a pretty decent verbal score for an engineering student. Infact percentilewise ur verbal score is better than ur quant. At this point ur gre score won't be a hindrance at the schools ur applying to, good luck with your application.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mystiqme: 8:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
dicapino,
Good scores, good GPA. Can definitely get you funding. Frankly, you are almost late, if you want funding. I would have thought you would have done all the requisite school research before the GRE. Most schools that offer funding for Fall, close their application portal between mid-December and mid-January, so if you haven't found a school at this time, you should probably be online 24/7. Write a strong proofread SOP, and send emails to professors like slimmy mentioned. With those scores you can attend engineering grad school for free, but you need to put in the required time and effort.
Best.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by walex57(m): 9:04pm On Nov 28, 2014
imperiouxx:

That isn't. The deed was already done soon before the refusal letter was given to him.

Consequence of document misrepresentation at the U.S. embassy is a decade ban or more.... "everyone knows that"
Yeah that's true I wonder why we Nigerians always think we are smarter than everyone else and know all....lol...showing fake documents as if the Americans are idiots, if they are that foolish, why are they more advanced than us the smart ones... once you decide to use a fake document, you as well have shown that you have criminal intentions.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 28, 2014
Congratulations. Wish you the best in your application.
dicapino:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mystiqme: 9:12pm On Nov 28, 2014
sirRiddy:
Congratulations. Wish you the best in your application.
Chief, what's up with you? Done the GRE yet?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mystiqme: 9:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
Teamo2:

Not going well jare, ave already given up. Called my school(BU) ysterday n dey told me dey've not received any notification, still d same old story dis morning. Also got an email from WES cos I contacted dem n I was told the notification has been sent via fax and postal mail.
Thinking of changing school sef cos I told one of my Prof abt Northeastern University n he was like ?? , he said I shld apply to a well recognised school.
Still on d search for something better, MS Health informatics for Fall 2015.
Hi! I'm just seeing this. Northeastern is a good school! WOW! Ranked 49 in the US, that's not beans. The real question is, does your profile fit the school you are applying to? And informatics is a wonderful choice too. I don't know what you mean by something better.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 9:19pm On Nov 28, 2014
Walspring:

you go too like food ooo gringringrin

why not who no like food d babes for edu usa no de form self
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
Not yet, egbon. Tidying up prep for mid december. How is new york na?
Mystiqme:

Chief, what's up with you? Done the GRE yet?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mystiqme: 9:27pm On Nov 28, 2014
sirRiddy:
Not yet, egbon. Tidying up prep for mid december. How is new york na?
NY dey o. getting chilly over here. All the best o. Anything I can do to help. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
I will need more journals, but that will be after my test in december. I will definitely reach you then. Thanks for the well wishes, that is all I need now.
Mystiqme:

NY dey o. getting chilly over here. All the best o. Anything I can do to help. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by owoleo: 9:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
Hello everyone, I would like to know of what you think about these schools as i am planning to apply to them for Masters in Communications studies. *illionsion state university *Grand Valley * West Texas A&M. I would appreciate your contributions and opinions on this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ayuyos1: 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2014
bro please i will like to register for gre...please kindly put me through

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.