Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (868025 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jejelady(f): 6:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
MsNas:
It sleets in Arkansas too. Only difference from Texas is that it actually snows heavily here. Not for long but heavy nonetheless, it does. I like it better than sleet tho. That sleet na something else. If you venture out in the sleet without good shoes, just kiss the shoes bye bye. Cos the sleet will chop all your shoes and soles. The worse na icy rain. E go rain sotay, come form icicles on my frorEnt porch and power lines. I always run cos I don't want icicle to fall on me and puncture my heart, lool hi

Only thing I love about inclement weather is that school and work is closed, so I get to stay home, make snowmen, cook food and watching crappy Nollywood movies grin

When it sleets or snows in Arkansas, my friends and I will go out to the main road and make fun of cars skidding and dancing Azonto-Etighi on the slippery roads cheesy grin

Lol to d azonto dance.... who knows those who make fun of me too when that thing i drive skids. I just don't like this winter thing... Anyways any Aggies in the house? I am a TAMU-Commerce post grad and i have not seen anyone talking about the Aggies... It's a very cheap school tho (maybe for texas residents) and u can take most of ur classes online if you are taking an MBA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
jejelady: U make frequent visits to bissonet...huh? I come to Houston and I usually visit that Sammy bakery on bissonet with finger licking... U no miss naija at all my dear
biSsonet, chaiii. That place rugged. Inshort that place is nigeria. There's nothing you can't buy on bissonet. Food, ladies grin etc. Africa stores plen there. I heard dallas is better than houston
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jejelady(f): 7:12pm On Aug 29, 2014
zeezahbee: biSsonet, chaiii. That place rugged. Inshort that place is nigeria. There's nothing you can't buy on bissonet. Food, ladies grin etc. Africa stores plen there. I hear dallas is better than houston
Yeah, Way better. Good roads, painted bridges, less traffic. infact, my "boys" felt discouraged when we came on "tour" to houston. The space center and Kemah are major attractions for my son... Was thinking of driving down for labor day but still recovering from the citation i got two wks ago while coming from houston.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Feexo: 7:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
MsNas, thanks for the message my surest sister. Those people ask me to start work on Monday, but I am here to see the student coordinator for clarifications because Monday is Labor Day holiday. I will update you as regards the other one later today.

Imperiouxx and BigFrancis, I agree with you concerning the Indians forming a closely-knit unit. It places them in a vantage and advantageous position almost always. Here in my school, I have met about a dozen guys and around 10 girls and we are all like one family. I just submitted the form for my lease today since I got here. Some Naija guys accommodated and have been feeding me since I came. They won't even let me spend my own money, yet I get to eat what I want- especially African delicacies. Also, they have been helping out on the academic front too. This is like home away from home. 90% of them get GA and TA in their second year and I am working towards that too. I hope to help someone the way they have helped me sooner rather than later... I hear the cold here and Chicago in the winter is something else...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mckenziii(m): 8:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
Can I get a one way ticket as a student?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
Mckenziii: Can I get a one way ticket as a student?

sir u got pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mckenziii(m): 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
@ ridimic sorri hv not bin able to acess my mail I will get intouch wit u asap.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mckenziii(m): 8:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
Can u send ur num so we tlk on whasap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by saisbury10: 8:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
Yes I sent u pm I hope u've seen it?
Joenice: Hey, your questions have threw me off balance I must confess:-) I'll reply you later, okay? :-)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by juntod: 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Di anyi, I dabatago n'ife a na-alu. cheesy I naghi aba kitchen? cheesy

You're in Maryland?

Yes boss.. Baltimore precisely. I nor be Ibo ohhhh.. pls interpret
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by juntod: 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
streetMic:

naso u go d wait am d ignore me 4 bbm shey? Juntod i greet u o

chaii jealousy.. I greet u boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 9:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
Feexo: MsNas, thanks for the message my surest sister. Those people ask me to start work on Monday, but I am here to see the student coordinator for clarifications because Monday is Labor Day holiday. I will update you as regards the other one later today.

Imperiouxx and BigFrancis, I agree with you concerning the Indians forming a closely-knit unit. It places them in a vantage and advantageous position almost always. Here in my school, I have met about a dozen guys and around 10 girls and we are all like one family. I just submitted the form for my lease today since I got here. Some Naija guys accommodated and have been feeding me since I came. They won't even let me spend my own money, yet I get to eat what I want- especially African delicacies. Also, they have been helping out on the academic front too. This is like home away from home. 90% of them get GA and TA in their second year and I am working towards that too. I hope to help someone the way they have helped me sooner rather than later... I hear the cold here and Chicago in the winter is something else...

Which state are you at? It's good to hear that you're fast becoming stable in the new environment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
Beverly055: Soory that was a mistake.

Okay big boss...

Cheers!!! grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
streetMic:

GBAM. I was screened and they are even monitoring me right now. lmao

Tell them say you no get joor.. Abi dem don drink palm wine or ogogoro?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:12pm On Aug 29, 2014
coobboy:
Chai I didn't even know about that. Thanks

Okay big boss... we need to talk ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:13pm On Aug 29, 2014
Mckenziii: Can I get a one way ticket as a student?

yes for sure
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 10:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
Walspring:

Okay big boss... we need to talk ooo
Imma reply asap bigger boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Feexo: 10:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
imperiouxx:
Which state are you at? It's good to hear that you're fast becoming stable in the new environment.

I am in Illinois. Macomb to be précis; it is 3 hours outside of Chicago by train.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 11:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
Mckenziii: Can u send ur num so we tlk on whasap
boss hw do i send d number na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 11:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
imperiouxx: @JabinodelaRatta,

Attachment sent back.

Check your email.
alryt boss. I'll do that. Thanks alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by streetMic(m): 11:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
zeezahbee: biSsonet, chaiii. That place rugged. Inshort that place is nigeria. There's nothing you can't buy on bissonet. Food, ladies grin etc. Africa stores plen there. I heard dallas is better than houston

ladies? as how?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 12:07am On Aug 30, 2014
streetMic:

ladies? as how?
ask google. You are audlt so you should know what I wanted to say , abi You wan make spambot ban me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by streetMic(m): 12:20am On Aug 30, 2014
Feexo: MsNas, thanks for the message my surest sister. Those people ask me to start work on Monday, but I am here to see the student coordinator for clarifications because Monday is Labor Day holiday. I will update you as regards the other one later today.

Welcome 2 d Midwest...and the Saudi Arabians here in US also Remind me of how comfortable i should be as a Nigerian if not for corruption. dose Folks d BALL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by streetMic(m): 12:22am On Aug 30, 2014
zeezahbee: ask google. You are audlt so you should know what I wanted to say , abi You wan make spambot ban me

LMAO. Ok i go ask google
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Feexo: 12:29am On Aug 30, 2014
streetMic:
Welcome 2 d Midwest...and the Saudi Arabians here in US also Remind me of how comfortable i should be as a Nigerian if not for corruption. dose Folks d BALL

No be lie my brother... Those Saudis for here sef get chedders die... Oil money things...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Feexo: 12:31am On Aug 30, 2014
I have been told to resume for work at the university cafeteria next week, but they only gave me like 8 hours, with the supervisor saying I would get more hours as others drop their hours due to academic pressure. Also, I had an interview at the Burger King on campus today also, and I was told to come back for training tomorrow with like 11 other Americans, with a view to starting on Tuesday. Interestingly, the supervisor in her address said everybody could only work a maximum of 30 hours per week- I believe she thought all the interviewees were Americans. She also said to bring school ID and SSN tomorrow noon. I promptly accosted her after the interview and explained my situation to her, and she said my passport, I-20 and school ID would be suffice.

I have completed the documentation for SSN issuance earlier today as I had gotten another job earlier today. The lady in charge said to come by her office on Tuesday so that I can fill the necessary form, because those who are in charge of issuing the SSN are coming by mid-September. I need money and na the whole 20 hours I wan dey work.
Am I on course?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by streetMic(m): 12:58am On Aug 30, 2014
Feexo: I have been told to resume for work at the university cafeteria next week, but they only gave me like 8 hours, with the supervisor saying I would get more hours as others drop their hours due to academic pressure. Also, I had an interview at the Burger King on campus today also, and I was told to come back for training tomorrow with like 11 other Americans, with a view to starting on Tuesday. Interestingly, the supervisor in her address said everybody could only work a maximum of 30 hours per week- I believe she thought all the interviewees were Americans. She also said to bring school ID and SSN tomorrow noon. I promptly accosted her after the interview and explained my situation to her, and she said my passport, I-20 and school ID would be suffice.

I have completed the documentation for SSN issuance earlier today as I had gotten another job earlier today. The lady in charge said to come by her office on Tuesday so that I can fill the necessary form, because those who are in charge of issuing the SSN are coming by mid-September. I need money and na the whole 20 hours I wan dey work.
Am I on course?

u are on the right path...those who work hard will see alot of options. As i have said earlier God will work your way out and you will be a testimony. take 15 hrs n go for the best pay. 20 hrs go take all ur strength
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 1:05am On Aug 30, 2014

@bold...I like this. 1000 likes. Yea, it is a gradual process that Nigerians are beginning to realize that unity and oneness is the way forward.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 1:06am On Aug 30, 2014
juntod:

Yes boss.. Baltimore precisely. I nor be Ibo ohhhh.. pls interpret

The way you spelt the food natively as a native southern Igbo person would made me think so.

How's baltimore? What's your school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 1:17am On Aug 30, 2014
Feexo: I have been told to resume for work at the university cafeteria next week, but they only gave me like 8 hours, with the supervisor saying I would get more hours as others drop their hours due to academic pressure. Also, I had an interview at the Burger King on campus today also, and I was told to come back for training tomorrow with like 11 other Americans, with a view to starting on Tuesday. Interestingly, the supervisor in her address said everybody could only work a maximum of 30 hours per week- I believe she thought all the interviewees were Americans. She also said to bring school ID and SSN tomorrow noon. I promptly accosted her after the interview and explained my situation to her, and she said my passport, I-20 and school ID would be suffice.

Am I on course?

Wow bro. I'm so glad you're making great process. You're gradually becoming part of the American system. I also like the fact that you are moving very fast.

Yes you can work the whole 20 hours and even a little more. As an international student you are required to work 20 hours a week, but excesses of 2 to 5 hours ie 22 to 25 hours per week is allowed. Last semester was so busy, at times I was required to work up to 25 hours when I was needed around the more.

Yea, you are very much on course. You'll have to decide which of both jobs you want. Since both are the same restaurant/fast food business both are the same in terms of working conditions. However, I'd suggest you pick the Burger King job option as you'd get more hours there than at the cafeteria. 8 hours per week is quite small to break even. After your SSN comes promptly inform the cafeteria that you've found another job and would be taking that other job instead.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mckenziii(m): 5:21am On Aug 30, 2014
@ Ridimic I will get intouch fainlily with u 2day.Pleasant day ahead.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 9:22am On Aug 30, 2014
zeezahbee: teddy, you too dey wahala yourself. If you like go and Bleep up and tell the school on your visa about your plans, you are on your own. I will keep saying it, apply to a CC and get their i20 for spring, get an updated i20 from the uni on your as well. Once you land yankee, go straight to the CC and tell them you wwant to transfer to their school, they will tell you to call the uni on your visa to transfer your ssevis record, it won't take them 1min to do that, immediately your record is transferred you get another updated i20 from the CC an dthats all
thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.