Stats: 3,161,394 members, 7,846,642 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (873144 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Chaleeee: 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2015
mcfarlin:

Can I send you a pm?
Why not. You can contact me by email femiero@gmail.com

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 10, 2015
chukwumaebenmel:

Wooow almost in d same situation

For wes you will spend #21500 for everything

When going to waec photocopy your waec original result . Take four passport picture with you
..you will also need an affidavit from d court but there is a woman opposite waec gate she will help you with the affidavit thing just for 1500
...then pay for d evaluation which is 10k then you will see two courier ladies hustling for you to pick one of them to deliver your docx for you. The two courier there re FEDEX nd UpS(I think) but the fedex woman is more pretty, you can pick her grin lol but aside that fedex is faster. She will give you the tracking code to be monitoring when d stuff is delivered..the fee is 10k tho ...it will be delivered within 5 working days..

Hope you have created an account with Wes you will pay 300 dollars for d evaluation

Am at d point where waec has to confirm my waec result. Wes asked them to confirm it.. Dunoo if they sent them mail.

ND dunno if waec replies mails I wanted to send them one to ask them wassup
thanks bro... one last question, which of the waec offices, i.e where is the location and address and my result is the NOV/DEC exam, hope they will be able to do it. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
biikeys:

I don't think you can select seats before check-in if you booked directly on their website. If you booked via a third party site, then they typically permit you to select your preference.. if not give them a call and tell them seats you prefer.They can get you a window seat based of availability.Seats are not guaranteed though until you actually check-in.

You can select seat when booking online yourself...

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:37pm On Jan 10, 2015
chukwumaebenmel:
Happy new year people
My first post
Have some few questions

Am an intending immigrant leaving for d US next month

Wanted to know if there is a difference between immigrants application for university nd international application. I left sec. School 2013

Waec sent my result to wes for evaluation nd Wes needs a confirmation from waec pls how do I inform waec they re wasting time tho since November oo

So I have this fear US might tell me to repeat grade 12 . Am already 18 tho and pls that cant happen... Nd my waec is really nt that superb so I think my GP is going to drop. I had 2Bs 4 C4 nd 2C6 nd an E

Can someone help me with d intending GP

With your waec result posted above, Am sure and certain that you can gain admission with it..

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:42pm On Jan 10, 2015
Chaleeee:

From your post it seems you have a visa already. If yes, then all you have to do is get there and visit schools you intend to attend and ask for their entry requirements. You will still have to write SAT or ACT and TOEFL. Or better still check out the entry requirement for your school of choice by contacting the undergrad admission officer there.

Most school request secondary sch transcript though i.e from SS1 to SS3 apart from WAEC.

He already have immigrant visa and with this i dont think its compulsory for him to write SAT or TOEFL to gain admission again unless if he wanted to apply for scholarship and study for free without paying any fee, moreover he will be paying in state tuition since he already have immigrant visa

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:47pm On Jan 10, 2015
jamesflaw:

Finally someone in my situation...bro I also plan to send my waec result to Wes . I'm going to waec office on Monday. Please what and how much did waec ask for in order to send the result and also, how long did it take for The result to be delivered to WES (how long did it take for waec to send it days? Weeks? Please need response asap

Get ready to pay almost 20k to waec and also get ready to pay WES for evaluation... You should budget above 30k to 50k for these (both waec and WES fee) but am not really sure of the exact amount..

It depend on the courier that waec will you to send it to WES for you to know how long it will get to WES office

Are you going for undergraduate and is your school giving you scholarship since you want to use WES to evaluate your waec?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:53pm On Jan 10, 2015
chukwumaebenmel:

Wooow almost in d same situation

For wes you will spend #21500 for everything

When going to waec photocopy your waec original result . Take four passport picture with you
..you will also need an affidavit from d court but there is a woman opposite waec gate she will help you with the affidavit thing just for 1500
...then pay for d evaluation which is 10k then you will see two courier ladies hustling for you to pick one of them to deliver your docx for you. The two courier there re FEDEX nd UpS(I think) but the fedex woman is more pretty, you can pick her grin lol but aside that fedex is faster. She will give you the tracking code to be monitoring when d stuff is delivered..the fee is 10k tho ...it will be delivered within 5 working days..

Hope you have created an account with Wes you will pay 300 dollars for d evaluation

Am at d point where waec has to confirm my waec result. Wes asked them to confirm it.. Dunoo if they sent them mail.

ND dunno if waec replies mails I wanted to send them one to ask them wassup

Are you going for undergraduate or Graduate and will your school give you scholarship after this evaluation by WES?

If NO i suggest you dont evaluate your waec result at all because of undergraduate... Is like wasting of money since there are better schools that can give you admission even with scholarship without evaluating your waec.

Anyway this is my own opinion and dont take it personal
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:56pm On Jan 10, 2015
jamesflaw:

thanks bro... one last question, which of the waec offices, i.e where is the location and address and my result is the NOV/DEC exam, hope they will be able to do it. thanks

Yaba
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mcfarlin(m): 9:01pm On Jan 10, 2015
Walspring:

Are you going for undergraduate or Graduate and will your school give you scholarship after this evaluation by WES?

If NO i suggest you dont evaluate your waec result at all because of undergraduate... Is like wasting of money since there are better schools that can give you admission even with scholarship without evaluating your waec.

Anyway this is my own opinion and dont take it personal

True talk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2015
Please people I need advice should I have my waec result evaluated by Wes knowing that it might take a lot of time and the deadline of the university is March 1. Do you think Wes will be able to compete the evaluation by then due to the long process of verification or will it be a waste of money.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 9:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

I'm surprised to read that section from you. The method of emailing the embassy after getting the visa to inform them about your real intention of obtaining that visa has been abused. It's not against the law to give birth in US as long as you can afford it, so it's counterproductive to withhold that info during the interview even if you are not asked.
I didn't tell her to lie, I have always been against that. She is going for a group interview and talking about the pregnancy when is not asked might nullify the whole group from getting the visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 9:27pm On Jan 10, 2015
jamesflaw:
Please people I need advice should I have my waec result evaluated by Wes knowing that it might take a lot of time and the deadline of the university is March 1. Do you think Wes will be able to compete the evaluation by then due to the long process of verification or will it be a waste of money.

Reason with the following below;

1, Is it your school that asked you to evaluate

2, Are you going for Msc or Bsc

3, Are you applying for scholarship

If you are not going for Msc, I suggest and advice you to drop it and look for another school so that you wont waste your money.

If you are not applying for scholarship, I suggest and advice you to drop it and look for another school so that you wont waste your money.

But if your parents get money like davido parents, I suggest and advice you to go ahead and evaluate..

Also if the admission deadline is over your school will still review your application and give you admission, sometimes most schools final deadline is may ending or early June, although they usually put early deadline so that people can apply early especially the international students

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 9:27pm On Jan 10, 2015
jamesflaw:
Did the school specify WES? I won't advice you to use WEs to evaluate your Waec, it's waste of time and money. They are several evaluation agencies in USA that accept Waec scratch card and evaluation will be done
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
jamesflaw:

Yea sure they will
I went to one close to yabatech its in yaba
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 10, 2015
chukwumaebenmel:

Yea sure they will
I went to one close to yabatech its in yaba

Are u going for undergraduate course or masters
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 10, 2015
chukwumaebenmel:

Are u going for undergraduate course or masters
Undergraduate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 10, 2015
jamesflaw:

Undergraduate

Cool. Same here
How can we communicate better sent u a pm tho.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 11:52pm On Jan 10, 2015
sirRiddy:
email address for GRE materials? What are you saying?
If you meant that you need GRE materials, check this link:
http://grepdf..in/search/label/GRE%20Books%20Download

Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by foohard: 12:12am On Jan 11, 2015
Thanks bro..

I asked on the forum if it is too much before getting letter from school for all of them. It never occurred to me. Would tell my wife to get the letter.

Classicalmusic:
Do you wanna invite basketball team? 7 is too much but I can understand your passion.

Please exclude your pregnant sister if you really want to receive a good news for visa approval and let her apply separately with medical invitation letters from your wife if she's a nurse and of course the hosiptal.

I wish all of them success! Take care brother!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by justwise(m): 12:38am On Jan 11, 2015
zeezahbee:
I didn't tell her to lie, I have always been against that. She is going for a group interview and talking about the pregnancy when is not asked might nullify the whole group from getting the visa.

No it will not.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mcfarlin(m): 5:55am On Jan 11, 2015
chukwumaebenmel:

Cool. Same here
How can we communicate better sent u a pm tho.

Same here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 8:12am On Jan 11, 2015
repsin:
check in online like 48hours before your flight. If u go to the airport to check in, window seats might not be available

Bro I send u PM pls reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by boofydon: 11:19am On Jan 11, 2015
femiap:

GOD BLESS AMERICA

The country that i love and keep close to my heart, a country that your dreams can come true if you are hardworking, a country where you can attend any college or university without a penny in your pocket throught loans and scholarships.

Whao, its amazing this thread is still alive!!!!!, i joined this thread in August 2010 because i was interested in coming to the U.S for graduate studies and potentially become a citizen of this great country...this thread is part of my success story today, the likes of OJAP, SEEDORD, FEMILANGY, FEMI2020 are part of my success story, my strategy was watch, listen and dissect information from this thread and mold it to my benefit, and that worked for me when i went to the embassy for my student visa interview...( check dec 14 2010 for my interview details on the thread).

With that been said, my journey in America has been a success story with a lot of hardwork, optimism, and dynamism. To cut the long story short, i have two masters now and work as an Information Analyst with one of the biggest banks in the world, i never came here with any large money, i was just optimistic, hopeful, looked unto God . Yea, America is not easy like people say (FOR LAZY PEOPLE), but if you are ready to study hard, beleive you me, you will be ok and not lack.

The purpose of my long epistle is to encourgae you guys....(the ones that are really ready to come study and become someone in life), do not let anybody discourage you, follow your heart and passion, i am a living testimony, i landed at JFK with 70 dollars in my pocket in dec 2010 but as of today i make almost six figures/annum working as a SQL DEVELOPER, i never knew anything about I.T while in Nigeria, but because i was determined to be a change agent for my generation, i strived hard, focused on my masters and through the Grace of God, i dont lack anything because am highly contempted with what i have.

P.S

THIS IS A GREAT THREAD, IT CHANGED MY LIFE AND SOME FRIENDS' LIVES, DO NOT COME TO THE THREAD WITH THE "I KNOW ALL MENTALITY" RATHER, COME HERE TO ASSIMILATE INFORMATION. THANK YOU ALL AND BEST OF LUCK.
wish I can just get in touch with femiap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 3:41pm On Jan 11, 2015
slimmy05. pls don't look for window seat oo, u might not enjoy it, cos u fit wan pee all the time and the person beside u might get very furious. enjoy Qatar and their stupid food. I nor like their food at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 3:53pm On Jan 11, 2015
for those coming. to the state, pls come prepared oooo, don't say ppl nor tell u. carry all ur food, buy jeans and jacket oo , carry software come ooo, for ur computer, change money carry come. software like Microsoft and others. abeg nor say I go fit, you fit nor fit do any thing. no strong man for us oo, everything u do na dollars. a beg carry money come oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 11, 2015
exxy:
slimmy05. pls don't look for window seat oo, u might not enjoy it, cos u fit wan pee all the time and the person beside u might get very furious. enjoy Qatar and their stupid food. I nor like their food at all.
I don't have bladder issues. I am taking window seat. The guy should go and die, I aint taking the flight on credit.

I don't have issues with their food. How far about that our package? You didn't get back to me again.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 11, 2015
exxy:
for those coming. to the state, pls come prepared oooo, don't say ppl nor tell u. carry all ur food, buy jeans and jacket oo , carry software come ooo, for ur computer, change money carry come. software like Microsoft and others. abeg nor say I go fit, you fit nor fit do any thing. no strong man for us oo, everything u do na dollars. a beg carry money come oo
That's not true. I was told when I get to New York, there is a tree down the road that grows dollars and I can also walk down the street and pick money. So where is your news coming from.. Lol.

You don't need to tell a dumb man that vinegar taste bad.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by boofydon: 4:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
slimmy05:
That's not true. I was told when I get to New York, there is a tree down the road that grows dollars and I can also walk down the street and pick money. So where is your news coming from.. Lol.

You don't need to tell a dumb man that vinegar taste bad.
lol! grin Whether you not a good tree climber. cheesy When I finally relocate to north carolina in march I will find the tree that grows dollars and pluck from it every morning! Thank God I be good tree climber grin cheesy

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mountmos(m): 9:04pm On Jan 11, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Mountmos, does it mean u compressed ur four semesters into three? How did u do that?
My M.sc is just 3semesters
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mountmos(m): 9:14pm On Jan 11, 2015
profojah:

still planning to go further in mycology? I love this ...I've sent u a pm...reply
I don't really knw those schools that offer mycology as a major but try, check and email western Illinois university ....they've got so many great profs in mycology...but bros you gast get a very high score in GRE to be considered for scholarship/fundings...and your SOP gast tight.....anywhich way, make Google ur Frnd and search more on schools....
Thanks for your reply, am still 100% interested in Mycology but I cudnt view your PM...so I cant reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 11, 2015
mountmos:
Thanks for your reply, am still 100% interested in Mycology but I cudnt view your PM...so I cant reply
Okkk...I saw ur pm and I've replied u

If u still so much interested in mycology, thats exorbitantly gud....but there are few schools in USA that offer mycology PhD as concentration under biology, ..Most schools just take it as normal course under Microbiology/plant sci/pathology/Botany/Biology etc.
I'll only crave ur indulgence not to relent on ur searches on Google...
Check University of wisconsin and Washington state university, Mycology is a specialization area under their biology i think but I'm not sure if their PhD students are well funded....My lecturer who is a prof had his PhD at Wisconsin and he's an industrial mycologist , also a consultant to Shell...
But I'm 100% sure that western illinois
University PhD students are well funded provided u meet all d criteria...cos I have 2 of my seniors from school who are bookworms doing their PhDs there (one in mycology, other in phycology) and they are well funded.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75