Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,464 members, 7,843,429 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (872751 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 12, 2015
slimmy05:
Join the queue, you go wait well
Lol grin....the queue long mehn...Borno state university,Gwoza waive GRE, TOEFL and GMAT i think

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by HOTWATER(m): 11:37pm On Jan 12, 2015
profojah:

TOEFL , GRE, GMAT...hanhan kilode..
Very soon peeps will soon be asking for schools that doesn't require Academic transcript..

Bro As Walspring said...taking standardize test might/will increase ur chance in getting GA/tuition waiver/ scholarship....So try do am u hear!

I think they guy actually needs to take these exams especially TOEFL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 11:58pm On Jan 12, 2015
profojah:

Very soon peeps will soon be asking for schools that doesn't require Academic transcript..

Bro As Walspring said...taking standardize test might/will increase ur chance in getting GA/tuition waiver/ scholarship....So try do am u hear!

He might not be interested in GA/Tuition waiver or Scholarship.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 13, 2015
djmakson:
Hello guys. I mailed my advisor asking him to mail me a scanned copy of my I-20 when it's being issued before they send it by courier. I did that because of the info I got from here regarding that. To my suprise, he responded by stating that "universities that release scanned copy of I-20 would be in violation of the SEVP policy and would be opening themselves to legal recourse."

I wanna ask if any one has gotten same responce.

I got the same response from my school. The I20 form later came to me but the interval between the day I got it and the day I have to resume was too slim. I had to defer the admission. I will advise u to wait for the I20 form or apply for extension of resumption date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 13, 2015
kennyrony:

He might not be interested in GA/Tuition waiver or Scholarship.
are you serious or you're just joking. Don't tell me you're trying to prove a point here.

We all know most are intending immigrants, but you need to clear those intentions off the VO even as they are aware you're never coming back till that GC touch your palms.

There are lot of schools that waive TOEFL and GRE, usually mid and low schools. You can search yourself, the information is there www.google.com.

Wish you all the best. But know better that US schools ain't childs play. They will squeeze out the best potentials in you and I sure know you would be glad they did.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Perotti: 12:23am On Jan 13, 2015
foohard:

How far have you gone with your Masters degree in Nigeria?

Still in year one but writing second semester exams
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 13, 2015
djmakson, since you're going for fall, you don't need to rush things. You'll surely meet up. All you need do is to save some cash so you would receive your documents via courier like tnt, Dhl, ups or fedex.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 13, 2015
Beverly055, have you travelled
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 13, 2015
I am out of lagos bro. I will text you my second mtn line. Hope GRE prep is making sense?
profojah:

SirRiddy...Howfa...are u still in lag or uve gone to dat syd?..I don call u taya
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 13, 2015
sirRiddy:
I am out of lagos bro. I will text you my second mtn line. Hope GRE prep is making sense?
the number you called me with, is it connected to your whatsapp?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:45am On Jan 13, 2015
Yes sir, but the phone I use presently does not support the app.
slimmy05:
the number you called me with, is it connected to your whatsapp?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 13, 2015
sirRiddy:
Yes sir, but the phone I use presently does not support the app.
Alright, I would keep intouch
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:53am On Jan 13, 2015
Okay bro.
slimmy05:
Alright, I would keep intouch
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 1:16am On Jan 13, 2015
profojah:

Lol grin....the queue long mehn...Borno state university,Gwoza waive GRE, TOEFL and GMAT i think

Omiye...!!! gringringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Idazbawz(m): 2:25am On Jan 13, 2015
How y'all doing?
idazbawz live from Michigan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 5:08am On Jan 13, 2015
slimmy05:
Hi all, anyone in Tennessee?

Nna, wetukene obi yi...Ndi bee anyi julu eju, balu abalu n'obodo a. I ga-afunata fa na Tennessee. wink

Kee oge I na-abocha?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:11am On Jan 13, 2015
Walspring:

Omiye...!!!gringringringrin

Lol grin....who taught Walspring how to speak this language... grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:30am On Jan 13, 2015
sirRiddy:
Yessoo bro...I need to upgrade myself this time around...practising almost every minute even during working hours in d office...u knw I failed to be like you & Slimmy during d last GRE, I only practised for 2weeks....Aiming high this time around...

Pls kindly text me ur 2nd mtn line...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 6:16am On Jan 13, 2015
house, Can i get SSN without a job? can i get a state ID without SSN, and where do i get it.
bigfrancis21, zeezahbee, imperiouxx and my fellow guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 6:42am On Jan 13, 2015
exxy:
house, Can i get SSN without a job? can i get a state ID without SSN, and where do i get it.

You'll need to get a job first on campus to be able to obtain an SSN. You'll get it at the Social Security Administration (SSA) Office.

Basically you'll need an SSN to obtain a state ID. But in the absence of an SSN, you'll need to obtain a letter of waiver from the SSA office in lieu of the number. The state ID can be obtained from the MVA office in your state.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 6:47am On Jan 13, 2015
bigfrancis21:

You'll need to get a job first on campus to be able to obtain an SSN. You'll get it at the Social Security Administration (SSA) Office.

Basically you'll need an SSN to obtain a state ID. But in the absence of an SSN, you'll need to obtain a letter of waiver from the SSA office in lieu of the number. The state ID can be obtained from the MVA office in your state.
ok thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 13, 2015
Thank you sirs... Gurus in the house.
GRE ABI.. I will work on it . Thank you sirs

profojah:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 7:46am On Jan 13, 2015
bigfrancis21 bro, i sent u a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 7:50am On Jan 13, 2015
exxy:
Depending on your state, you don't need an SSN to get a State ID. You'd need your I-20(Signed), I-94, Nigerian Passport, School ID and cash for the State ID. Your photo will be taken at the DMV.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 7:59am On Jan 13, 2015
Please who is in Houston Texas?.......... Help a bro coming in soonest.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mandybaby2007: 8:24am On Jan 13, 2015
djmakson:
Hello guys. I mailed my advisor asking him to mail me a scanned copy of my I-20 when it's being issued before they send it by courier. I did that because of the info I got from here regarding that. To my suprise, he responded by stating that "universities that release scanned copy of I-20 would be in violation of the SEVP policy and would be opening themselves to legal recourse."

I wanna ask if any one has gotten same responce.
That must be a strange or new development. Cos my school specificaly emails u a soft copy of ur I20 and ask u 2check for mistakes, if u spot any, dey correct it and later send d real one by courier. In my case my name was spelled wrong nd I drew dier atention 2it, dey corected it b4 sending thru courier, imagine if dey had just sent it, I wud have had 2return it for corection nd dat wud have been final long thing plus I used my sevis number from d scanned copy 2start my sevis payment and visa waka long b4 d i20 eventualy got 2me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by seangy4konji: 9:08am On Jan 13, 2015
Who go chop beans oo?still on fire tho. Just bring bread.

Leggoo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:48am On Jan 13, 2015
oneangle:

Thank you sirs... Gurus in the house.
GRE ABI.. I will work on it . Thank you sirs

Good to hear and if you need help just pm to guide you through..

Wishing you success ahead..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:51am On Jan 13, 2015
mandybaby2007:

That must be a strange or new development. Cos my school specificaly emails u a soft copy of ur I20 and ask u 2check for mistakes, if u spot any, dey correct it and later send d real one by courier. In my case my name was spelled wrong nd I drew dier atention 2it, dey corected it b4 sending thru courier, imagine if dey had just sent it, I wud have had 2return it for corection nd dat wud have been final long thing plus I used my sevis number from d scanned copy 2start my sevis payment and visa waka long b4 d i20 eventualy got 2me.

some schools admission officers are too lazy to scan I-20 to the new students.

Infact nah yeye staffs plenty for the school if i am not wrong.. gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:54am On Jan 13, 2015
profojah:

Lol grin....who taught Walspring how to speak this language... grin

It is a crime if i cant speak the language... gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lacorona: 11:40am On Jan 13, 2015
kennyrony:

What course?

Biology
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 13, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]where is slimmy? Just want to know when u are leaving.

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (502)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.