Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,552 members, 7,823,440 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (869181 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 12:39pm On Jan 24, 2015
castrotroy80:
Gurus in the house abeg my younger brother wants to study masters in US, although he's an HND holder... So he tried to apply in a school in US but was denied. The school told him they dont accept HND. Please advice urgently needed on what we can do and also are there schools that accept HND.
He will have to evaluate his transcript to make it equivalent to Bsc.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 24, 2015
castrotroy80:
Gurus in the house abeg my younger brother wants to study masters in US, although he's an HND holder... So he tried to apply in a school in US but was denied. The school told him they dont accept HND. Please advice urgently needed on what we can do and also are there schools that accept HND.

He will just have to apply for a Bachelors degree before moving on to get a masters
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 24, 2015
bignyash:

He will just have to apply for a Bachelors degree before moving on to get a masters
he doesn't need to at all. He can evaluate his transcript and search for schools that accept WES evaluation. Or he can look for schools that accept HND, my school does.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Gozychuks(m): 4:39pm On Jan 24, 2015
That would be nice. I am in Lagos. I am still compiling list of schs. When do u intend applyin
bignyash:

I am studying for the gre too but I wont be taking it till maybe july or first week of august. I am struggling with the exam? Can we study together? Where are you at? I have magoosh. What school are you looking to apply to?
smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by paulbets: 6:35pm On Jan 24, 2015
bignyash:

I am studying for the gre too but I wont be taking it till maybe july or first week of august. I am struggling with the exam? Can we study together? Where are you at? I have magoosh. What school are you looking to apply to?
smiley

pls bro can I study with you as well. I will love to tag along on this ur magoosh. am in lagos. Thanks

Greetings to all members of this thread. my first time to comment here but have actually followed this from the very first thread. good job you all are doing here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by asadiaboymma: 8:31pm On Jan 24, 2015
Please experienced gurus !
I cald the school I'm applying to, told them about my GRE score nd they told me that they don't have any specific score requirement. My question is this; if the score is okay by the school. Do I stand any chance of getting any form of assistance? Though I ve not written Toefl, I hope toefl score also counts. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 24, 2015
slimmy05:
he doesn't need to at all. He can evaluate his transcript and search for schools that accept WES evaluation. Or he can look for schools that accept HND, my school does.
which school is that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 24, 2015
Savvyij:
which school is that?
etsu
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by worry359(m): 8:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
asadiaboymma:
Please experienced gurus !
I cald the school I'm applying to, told them about my GRE score nd they told me that they don't have any specific score requirement. My question is this; if the score is okay by the school. Do I stand any chance of getting any form of assistance? Though I ve not written Toefl, I hope toefl score also counts. Thanks.

Scholarship is normally given to exceptional top students, not just "OKAY".
But you will only find out by asking your school.

No one here has a definate answer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 24, 2015
slimmy05:
etsu

Slim how far
How are you settling in?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 24, 2015
ebdib:

Slim how far
How are you settling in?
good so far. Just got a lot piled up for me. Taking an online course this semester and I don't think I like it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 24, 2015
ebdib:

Good aspiration.
However the bigger question is "Do you have the educational background and credentials to match the best of the best in the world? and by that i mean perfect GRE's, Perfect GPA's and Outstanding research history.

They aren't looking for perfect. They are looking for leaders and those who stand out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
bignyash:

They aren't looking for perfect. They are looking for leaders and those who stand out
lol. Hope you can handle rejects?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
bignyash:

Looooool
It's OK.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 24, 2015
slimmy05:
good so far. Just got a lot piled up for me. Taking an online course this semester and I don't think I like it.

Man welcome to the club. Assignments, term papers, projects, teaching undergrads..... It's something else.

But come o, the mirage of America fell off your eyes quickly sha....
You are truly a strong man.
Took months for some of us to realize it's another school of hard knocks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 24, 2015
ebdib:

Man welcome to the club. Assignments, term papers, projects, teaching undergrads..... It's something else.

But come o, the mirage of America fell off your eyes quickly sha....
You are truly a strong man.
Took months for some of us to realize it's another school of hard knocks.
I don't try to form hard man. I see this from the realist perspective and absorb when necessary. It's hard bro. No rest at all. Got an apt and would be moving in 1st of feb. Got a very understanding graduate cordinator. I've not resumed work yet, but will on Monday. Double wahala for one body.

How you doing bro? Graduating soonest right? Hope you've started working in OPT?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
slimmy05:
lol. Hope you can handle rejects?

I am not about to let your negativity get me down. If I do get in, I will come back here and rub it in your face, bro tongue

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 24, 2015
So someone wants to go to Harvard
O boi. Calm down
No be beans

Pls start off from somewhere, you just wan fly go up... Start from down gan

Na small small them dey take drink hot tea. You wan burn??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 24, 2015
bignyash:

I am not about to let your negativity get me down. If I do get in, I will come back here and rub it in your face, bro tongue
I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
slimmy05:
I don't try to form hard man. I see this from the realist perspective and absorb when necessary. It's hard bro. No rest at all. Got an apt and would be moving in 1st of feb. Got a very understanding graduate cordinator. I've not resumed work yet, but will on Monday. Double wahala for one body.

How you doing bro? Graduating soonest right? Hope you've started working in OPT?

All the best man.

Will be done mid year.
Lots of companies are affiliated with my dept so I'll have a plethora of choices.

Good luck settling in bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by chidexxy007(m): 12:21am On Jan 25, 2015
please guys in the house, how would you rate Morgan state university in terms of teaching, student life plus its location Baltimore..
thanks anyone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 25, 2015
chidexxy007:
please guys in the house, how would you rate Morgan state university in terms of teaching, student life plus its location Baltimore..
thanks anyone
it's a good school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by chidexxy007(m): 12:33am On Jan 25, 2015
slimmy05:
it's a good school
OK thanks... are you in the u.s?
Saw some pics on their website and FB page, seems its a black dominated achool?

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.