Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,419 members, 7,846,753 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (397) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (873171 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 7:09am On Mar 12, 2015
MsNas:

Don't panic. The school knows how much time you need to complete your credit hours. The fact that you have 32months on it does not mean you cannot complete your requirements in 18-24 months. It all depends on you. My I-20 isn't also the normal 24months and I have like 39-42 credit hours, but I could chose to fast track and complete it in 24months or earlier than that.

You will be given a 2 year visa like every other Nigerian F-1 visa holder but you can renew it anytime before or after it expires, or you could stay back in America, so far you are not out of status, you are good.
Hmmmm. Thanks alot. Am relieved. How are you doing, longest time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 7:11am On Mar 12, 2015
slimmy05:
I got 36 months on my i-20. So you don't have have issue.
Ok...... Oga Slimmy. Thanks ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 8:27am On Mar 12, 2015
icedbeatz:

thanks a bunch bro, what school would you consider better? please can you name some for me? though I'm looking at these schools, west Los Angeles college, cerritos college, Santa Monica college and El CAMINO COLLEGE. is any of then good enough or should I look for better ones. ur advice would go a long way. remain blessed.
Oga icedbeatz. Seems u are not getting the logic. Going to the embassy which a college admission(i-20) is a sorry case...... maybe I show brk it down for u.
1. Apply to d college and a University get d 2 admission,
2. Go to the embassy wit d university I-20 and not the college,
3. After getin your Visa and landed in the USA, then keep the University i-20 and go straight to the college, they are going to transfer ur SEVIS details from that University to the college. That's all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 12, 2015
profojah:

Nwane'm maka chukwu ego di nma ooo..
I'm just trying, I do hear but can't speak it fluently...the Yoruba accent go still show...
Don't worry, you would be fine. Just ask your friend to teach you more. Her Igbo is very pure.

Chelsea is out of Champions League. Better luck to them next time. Back to the thread's topic.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by BoosBae(f): 9:58am On Mar 12, 2015
Hey people...

This is an informative thread, nice job guys.

Please I want to know if anyone here got into the accelerated bsn program in the US because I heard its highly competitive... I have a B.Sc in human anatomy. I'm also interested in Kent state university, is the school good enough? Anyone with information regarding this should please get back to me. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 12, 2015
Just paid for my TOEFL test using the paypal option
and it was really easy.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by eagleeye7: 11:57am On Mar 12, 2015
slimmy05:
I dey eye your I-20 o, wish I can just hold it for you. cool

LOL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 12, 2015
Good day guys....currently have two I-20
1- temple university Pennsylvania (neuroscience)

2- university of south Florida (nursing)
SAT-1620
TOEFL-96
NOV/dec waec ECE evaluation-3.0

I did not get any funding and I'm confused why

Also are the two both good schools and which do you think has a higher probability of securing me the visa based on the school and course.
And also when would be the best time to start the visa processing stuff
Also have admission from UB....but that aside tho.
Really appreciate the reply in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 12, 2015
BoosBae:
Hey people...

This is an informative thread, nice job guys.

Please I want to know if anyone here got into the accelerated bsn program in the US because I heard its highly competitive... I have a B.Sc in human anatomy. I'm also interested in Kent state university, is the school good enough? Anyone with information regarding this should please get back to me. Thanks

Hello, what do you really want to study?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 12, 2015
jamesflaw:

SAT-1620
TOEFL-96

Also are the two both good schools and which do you think has a higher probability of securing me the visa based on the school and course.
Pick the second, the VOs love the school and when exactly is the resumption date of your school? I guess first week of June would be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 12, 2015
joenicewake:
Pick the second, the VOs love the school and when exactly is the resumption date of your school? I guess first week of June would be fine.
The resumption date is 24th August (fall semester)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GrandBelz: 1:26pm On Mar 12, 2015
joenicewake:
Boss u dey hot ooo,u even know schools VOs love...I troway salute
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:17pm On Mar 12, 2015
kennyrony:

Ok... thanks bro

Let's give the thanks to God...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:18pm On Mar 12, 2015
pcbo:
Have gotten my I-20 and about to pay my SEVIS fees and embassy fees
But I dey fear, since I will be 24 yrs old this May and have heard that,from 24 years old going, u will be rejected for undergraduate visa
NB:am very serious with sole intent on going to US for engineering education ,got 4As and 4B2 in my waec and 1680 in SAT,which I took in 2011 and also have scholarship from the university am going to. sad

Anyone that said this to you doesn't want you to go to Obamaland...

Just pray to God for success and be positive
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 12, 2015
jamesflaw:

The resumption date is 24th August (fall semester)
Ok, your interview should begin from May 25th but first of June is perfectly fine. Please make sure you build up your home ties then before heading to the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:23pm On Mar 12, 2015
jamesflaw:

SAT-1620
TOEFL-96

You can ask the school with you didnt get funding... Maybe you didnt meet their funding requirements.. You can apply for interview as from 3 months to your resumption date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 2:31pm On Mar 12, 2015
Please house am currently filling the Ds-160 form and there is part there that state, Do you have any immediate relatives not including you parent in the United state Yes or No. And if Yes, What's the Relative Status.

Note: I have 2 siblings there. 1 studying and d 2nd on a visit. Don't u thinks Saying yes meet give the VO negative impression as intending Immigrant. Thank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 12, 2015
GrandBelz:

Boss u dey hot ooo,u even know schools VOs love...I troway salute
Oh thanks :-)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by worldshepherd: 2:59pm On Mar 12, 2015
My advice for you is to select the school that offered you Neuroscience since non of the nigerian universities is offering it as a major. Or you chose by the major you intend to study since both offered you different major. Law states that you applied 3 month to your resumption date and travel 1 month to your resumption date. I wish you best of luck

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by worldshepherd: 3:02pm On Mar 12, 2015
It is in ur best interest not to claim you have a relative in USA because this could forfeit your intent of departed the United states upon the completion of your studies which is the major criterial during your visa interview.
kennyrony:
Please house am currently filling the Ds-160 form and there is part there that state, Do you have any immediate relatives not including you parent in the United state Yes or No. And if Yes, What's the Relative Status.

Note: I have 2 siblings there. 1 studying and d 2nd on a visit. Don't u thinks Saying yes meet give the VO negative impression as intending Immigrant. Thank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:05pm On Mar 12, 2015
elmadavida:
Good morning, please I need advise on this:

I deferred my admission last year fall till fall this year (September). I just received the form I-20 for this year and the Sevis Number on it is the same as the one on the form I-20 that was sent to me last year September. I had to defer last year's admission because the admission came late and I could not get an early visa interview date, so I cancelled the appointment with the embassy.
I know I have to pay a new visa fee, but I am not sure if I have to pay a new Sevis fee. Also, I am confused if I should use the same profile I created last year on www.ustraveldocs.com to schedule a new appointment.

Please I will really appreciate your advise on this. Thank you.

Sevis fee lasted for a year from the date of payment..

You will fill new ds160 because the information filled in the previous one is old because of your date of resumption and other things filled there then..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:06pm On Mar 12, 2015
kennyrony:

Follow your heart and instinct..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by worldshepherd: 3:11pm On Mar 12, 2015
The duration is due to the major you intend to study.what is ur major?
2yrs visa is issue to every F-1 category even B1/B2. If u're going to stay more than that for your course of study,your school will extend it for you.
olenime:

That means you need a 3yrs visa... Hmm! Ova to u gurus!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by worldshepherd: 3:26pm On Mar 12, 2015
If the school policy is to mail the i-20 via regular mail.you can arrange the pickup on your own with any courier,for your information if you're using USPS be specific on priority express mail international it takes 3-5 days to arrive.
Orelse USPS regular mail also takes 1month.especially a vital doc. Like this may takes 3months because I have had the same experience of this when I asked the sch. To mail it out with dere shipment policy which is USPS regular mail the school have resumed for 1 month before I got it.
You can ask ur sch to scan a copy of your i-20 to further for ur SEVIS fee payment and schedule ur appointment but you have to make sure ur calculation is intact with d time u'll get ur i-20
kennyrony:

Lol. Just trying to consider d time frame. The admission is for Summer, so I want to receive it early so as to pay my SEVIS fee and book appointment. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2015
icedbeatz:
good day to you all who contributes to this thread.. my question is this I'm applying for an admission into EL CAMINO COLLEGE in California, what are the chances.

(like someone explained about American continental university Houston campus)

Are you sure it's not in Mexico? smiley
Forget it!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2015
grin grin grin
Haba Mexico?
biikeys:

Are you sure it's not in Mexico? smiley
Forget it!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 12, 2015
worldshepherd:
My advice for you is to select the school that offered you Neuroscience since non of the nigerian universities is offering it as a major. Or you chose by the major you intend to study since both offered you different major. Law states that you applied 3 month to your resumption date and travel 1 month to your resumption date. I wish you best of luck
Hey, you made a good point about the major but unfortunately what the VOs view most is about the school, followed by course of study and funding. That is why with Community College, even if you want to study "Space Science" so to speak, you will struggle to get a visa.

Also, he didn't get any funding as regards Neuroscience which the VO will ask, any funding in the course of interview and if James replies no, he'll now focus on "statement of account" and his sponsor does because that major is quite expensive in America.

However, if his sponsor has a lot of money in his account, I think he should go for Neuroscience, in case, he does not, he should go for Nursing. This is my honest opinion.

@Kenny, what's the total fee on your I-20? Any scholarship? Before, I respond to your question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 3:56pm On Mar 12, 2015
kennyrony:

Yes, you have immediate relatives in the US. It's up to you to decide if you want to say yes.
My advice, based on experience...Yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 4:25pm On Mar 12, 2015
joenicewake:
Hey, you made a good point about the major but unfortunately what the VOs view most is about the school, followed by course of study and funding. That is why with Community College, even if you want to study "Space Science" so to speak, you will struggle to get a visa.

Also, he didn't get any funding as regards Neuroscience which the VO will ask, any funding in the course of interview and if James replies no, he'll now focus on "statement of account" and his sponsor does because that major is quite expensive in America.

However, if his sponsor has a lot of money in his account, I think he should go for Neuroscience, in case, he does not, he should go for Nursing. This is my honest opinion.

@Kenny, what's the total fee on your I-20? Any scholarship? Before, I respond to your question.
@Mr Jeo my padi. The total fee is 28,633. And No scholarship.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 4:26pm On Mar 12, 2015
biikeys:

Yes, you have immediate relatives in the US. It's up to you to decide if you want to say yes.
My advice, based on experience...Yes
Alright tnks for the advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by BoosBae(f): 4:34pm On Mar 12, 2015
joenicewake:
Hello, what do you really want to study?
Nursing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 12, 2015
kennyrony:

@Mr Jeo my padi. The total fee is 28,633. And No scholarship.
Ok. Now fill one sibling. The one who is currently studying in the US. It'll make your application look stronger in term of family economy. It shows your family can take of your studies too. The same way they did to your brother. While you drop the one who is on tourist visa unless he's rich and was on self-sponsor when he applied for that tourist visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.