Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (869004 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:24am On Apr 18, 2015
mbeenox:

Una dey use me joke

I just dey shine my teeth oo

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by gunther6(m): 3:32am On Apr 18, 2015
@SirRiddy Toefl result out after just a week, received a mail to that effect on Friday, as expected it was more than 105 but the breakdown leaves much to be desired and the overall score was lower than the previous one. Blame JKK they kept me on my toes for close to 2 hours while waiting for check-in

Breakdown:

Reading 30
Listening 29
Speaking 20 cry
Writing 28

Total 107... 2 marks below my previous score... The former speaking was 24..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Aulor(m): 6:09am On Apr 18, 2015
EdetMavo:

Go to the hospital and meet any doctor in family health department and they'll help you out... did same... it's all about backdating everything
Tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:17am On Apr 18, 2015
Don't cry. Sorry about the low speaking. That section is a pain in the a.ss
congrats all the same.
gunther6:
@SirRiddy Toefl result out after just a week, received a mail to that effect on Friday, as expected it was more than 105 but the breakdown leaves much to be desired and the overall score was lower than the previous one. Blame JKK they kept me on my toes for close to 2 hours while waiting for check-in

Breakdown:

Reading 30
Listening 29
Speaking 20 cry
Writing 28

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by oxygen9gs: 7:23am On Apr 18, 2015
I took the GRE yesterday....my scores, Q166 V157....I intend to apply for fall 2016 for direct PHD programmes in chemical engineering....i'd appreciate if I can be advised on what other areas of my application I should spend time workin' on...I have one publication in an international journal, GPA of 4.59/5.0.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by pcbo: 7:28am On Apr 18, 2015
mbeenox:
Hello, I got denied in 1 of the schools i applied to, i wanna apply to more schools, please does anyone know any school still rolling application for fall semester?

University of Toledo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 7:35am On Apr 18, 2015
mbeenox:

Una dey use me joke

Dos r not jokes. Except d uniben n unilag

But start ur app now cos deadlines r fast aproaching
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by glitter24(m): 7:58am On Apr 18, 2015
[quote author=Walspring post=32839422]

Walspring good morning i just sent you a mail please check it out. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by glitter24(m): 8:02am On Apr 18, 2015
Have you done it yet i mean sending the message asking them to help include your middle name
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by glitter24(m): 8:03am On Apr 18, 2015
[quote author=glitter24 post=32843829]Have you done it yet i mean sending the message asking them to help include your middle name at clow
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 18, 2015
gunther6:

Breakdown:

Reading 30
Listening 29
Speaking 20 cry
Writing 28

I still think it's a good result, Congrats. Please can you list the materials you used for your preparation. Also pleaaase share some useful tips that can help as well. I will Appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 18, 2015
oxygen9gs:
I took the GRE yesterday....my scores, Q166 V157....I intend to apply for fall 2016 for direct PHD programmes in chemical engineering....i'd appreciate if I can be advised on what other areas of my application I should spend time workin' on...I have one publication in an international journal, GPA of 4.59/5.0.

Wow, this is a healthy score. Congrats. Please share info on the materials you used and give some helpful preparation tips. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mbeenox: 8:59am On Apr 18, 2015
Please who applied to West Virginia university? I'm still waiting on their decision. Is it bad if u hv ur undergraduate in civil engineering n applied for masters in petroleum.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by gunther6(m): 9:08am On Apr 18, 2015
deleyi20:

I still think it's a good result, Congrats. Please can you list the materials you used for your preparation. Also pleaaase share some useful tips that can help as well. I will Appreciate.

I never got round to preparation... I still maintain that preparing for Toefl is a waste of time....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by akin3102(m): 9:14am On Apr 18, 2015
Please what information does an I-20 carries?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by akin3102(m): 9:28am On Apr 18, 2015
Gurus,I want to send my account to the school to issue me i-20 but I will going to the embassy with my uncle's acct.Hope the i-20 won't show self sponsor.my uncle is not in the country for now and dat money would have left my account by then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mbeenox: 10:26am On Apr 18, 2015
mbeenox:
Please who applied to West Virginia university? I'm still waiting on their decision. Is it bad if u hv ur undergraduate in civil engineering n applied for masters in petroleum.

Anyone with any insight on this....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by glitter24(m): 10:27am On Apr 18, 2015
[quote author=clow post=32833890]Hello all
In the visa appointment portal Am i to include my 1st name and surname only or my full names including my middle name ,
I need to one if it will be an issue when I go for interview,as there is a part on d website saying put ur name as you have it on your passport,
Please help[/quote
Have you sent the message regarding the asistance for your middle name.... If you have just let me know then pm me what their response was. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by clow(m): 10:30am On Apr 18, 2015
[quote author=glitter24 post=32843860][/quote]

not yet but will do so
will let u knw hw it goes
safe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:09am On Apr 18, 2015
[quote author=glitter24 post=32843715][/quote]

I've replied you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by idmanzik: 11:16am On Apr 18, 2015
mbeenox:

I applied to West Virginia University. My decision came about a month ago, March 18th to be precise. Check with the department, maybe a call or mail will do. Goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
oxygen9gs:
Cool, thats great. It would be good if you can take TOEFL to add to your profile. Just use gradschools.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by akin3102(m): 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2015
[quote author=akin3102 post=32846323]Gurus,I want to send my account to the school to issue me i-20 but I will going to the embassy with my uncle's acct.Hope the i-20 won't show self sponsor.my uncle is not in the country for now and dat money would have left my account by then.please someone should help a lost brother..Slimmy05,walspring and imperioxl and other Gurus..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 18, 2015
[quote author=akin3102 post=32856555][/quote] It will show self sponsor. Send yours and a photocopy of your uncle's and tell them it's family funds.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by akin3102(m): 3:24pm On Apr 18, 2015
slimmy05:
It will show self sponsor. Send yours and a photocopy of your uncle's and tell them it's family funds.
...Thanks boss..I do appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 3:40pm On Apr 18, 2015
slimmy05:
You don't need mumps and rubella. What you need is the chicken pox, but if you've had it before, just get a doctor to fill it in for you. Any doctor can do it for you. You don't really need the Shots, just get a doctor to fill those stuffs for you and stamp.
what if the school only sent a health history form?! In my case
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 18, 2015
amanze15:
what if the school only sent a health history form?! In my case
show it to your doctor and read what is written an d what you need to do
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by glitter24(m): 4:42pm On Apr 18, 2015
donpapachi:
Hello gurus in d huz a friend of my went 2 d interview for f1 visa bt reaching there he was told dat d bar code number on his. Ds 160 form doesn't match wit d one on his visa application form.my question is dat will he still pay 4 anoda visa appointment even when he wasn't interviewed.

How many DS160 form did your friend fill online
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
Good evening folks.

I am really glad for the opportunity to talk to you and learn from the experience of others

I recently got a go ahead from my uncle to start searching for schools I could do my masters in the United States. I want to get a masters degree in public relations (and advertising)

I have been searching online but the search is becoming increasingly frustrating. So I want to know if anyone here is doing the same course at the same level. Or if anyone has any important information that could aid my search.

After all, there is strength in numbers. Thank you in anticipation. I would continue to scourge the pages to get more facts and lessons
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
Mizdeee:
Good evening folks.

I am really glad for the opportunity to talk to you and learn from the experience of others

I recently got a go ahead from my uncle to start searching for schools I could do my masters in the United States. I want to get a masters degree in public relations (and advertising)

I have been searching online but the search is becoming increasingly frustrating. So I want to know if anyone here is doing the same course at the same level. Or if anyone has any important information that could aid my search.

After all, there is strength in numbers. Thank you in anticipation. I would continue to scourge the pages to get more facts and lessons
www.gradschools.com won't give you any stress. It will give you enough grad schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
slimmy05:
www.gradschools.com won't give you any stress. It will give you enough grad schools.

Thank you a lot for the almost instantaneous response. I forgot to mention that I am in my last semester of university and I have no plans to serve now, is it still too early to search?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
Mizdeee:

Thank you a lot for the almost instantaneous response. I forgot to mention that I am in my last semester of university and I have no plans to serve now, is it still too early to search?
You can start now. I will give you some schools, university of Wisconsin, East Tennessee State University, Tennessee State University, Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University.

In University of Wisconsin they offer PR as Strategic Communication, While East Tennessee State University offer Professional Communication with Majors in Public Relations/Advertising, Communication Studies and Performance. You can browse the schools for more details. www.gradschools.com is still your best bet

You can aim spring semester which starts Jan, 2016, or you can aim Fall 2016, which starts August, 2016.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.