Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,942 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (868110 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
jakeharris:

Yo man....i think all schools should allow you get health insurance from somewhere else....considering the fact some people have health insurance from home....i mean their family plan....just feel the waiver form...and show them the insurance you got. ....i pay 700 dolls a semester for insurance.....and I no even know where the hospital de

cheesy cheesy
It's a lot better you don't know where the hospital is, in order not to get sick.

Hospitals scare me a lot and i wonder if doctors are God sent. Infact, i look forward to marrying a doctor. Just kidding anyway.

Happy mom's Day--Listen to Dear Mama by Tupac today. It's inspirational!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 7:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
slimmy05:
That is one way they checkmate you're paying your insurance. You don't know how much hospitals charge here. But your insurance fee is just too much, well it also depends on your age. I pay 357 per semester.

It's so annoying what am insuring self. ..700...i know how many shoes he go buy + drinks for girls for club
...i only pass the hospital when am driving
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 8:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
DeeTus:

cheesy cheesy
It's a lot better you don't know where the hospital is, in order not to get sick.

Hospitals scare me a lot and i wonder if doctors are God sent. Infact, i look forward to marrying a doctor. Just kidding anyway.

Happy mom's Day--Listen to Dear mama by Tupac today. It's inspirational!

I would soon start passing the hospital wellz. ...that's where the football stadium is.....tailgating and shit....i hope they don't riot sha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
jakeharris:

It's so annoying what am insuring self. ..700...i know how many shoes he go buy + drinks for girls for club
...i only pass the hospital when am driving
Thats how its is, don't worry, when you're done they you can look for a cheaper insurance that would cover what you need
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
jakeharris:

I would soon start passing the hospital wellz. ...that's where the football stadium is.....tailgating and shit....i hope they don't riot sha
Why do you want to scare me now? I don't like hospitals. Have you ever watched your friend been cremated?
It's not a good experience at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 8:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
DeeTus:
Why do you want to scare me now? I don't like hospitals. Have you ever watched your friend been cremated?
It's not a good experience at all.

Nah when I meant pass the hospital. ...you got to pass there to get to the football stadium
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by oxygen9gs: 8:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
deleyi20:

Wow, this is a healthy score. Congrats. Please share info on the materials you used and give some helpful preparation tips. Thanks

I used the magoosh online app with video lessons..... I also used the manhattan 5lb book...used the magoosh flashcards 2 build my vocab base...then I also read articles posted on sites like "The Newyorker" "The Economist" "aldaily.com".... two weeks to my exam I started taking the manhattan practice test available for a fee of $30....it was helpful in that it helped me develop stamina for the actual exam and also identified areas I needed 2 work on wen I miss questions...my entire prep was maths focused cos dats what counts when applyin' for engineering programs...it wld do u well to also take the two powerprep practice test...and finally ensure you also use the official guide...the new edition has to full length test behind.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
jakeharris:

Nah when I meant pass the hospital. ...you got to pass there to get to the football stadium
Oh okay.

cheesy cheesy But don't take girls to the nightclub. It's expensive. Unless you're with your girlfriend and her friends want to join you guys. Then you ask them to get their own drinks stylishly.

cheesy cheesy

Talk to you again later!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by olamonsor2: 9:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
I want to do my masters in USA, do I need to write SAT or any other exam?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
olamonsor2:
I want to do my masters in USA, do I need to write SAT or any other exam?
GRE/GMAT or TOEFL depending on the program
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by olamonsor2: 9:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
slimmy05:
GRE/GMAT or TOEFL depending on the program
slimmy I sent u a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
olamonsor2:

slimmy I sent u a pm
let's talk here, which program are you interested in.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by olamonsor2: 9:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
slimmy05:
let's talk here, which program are you interested in.

Actually I studied Law, I am trying to go for related courses.
Maybe criminology, things like that sha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
olamonsor2:

Actually I studied Law, I am trying to go for related courses.
Maybe criminology, things like that sha
Write GRE and TOEFL. You can search for schools with www.gradschools.com

Check the schools requirements and you can go on from there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by olamonsor2: 9:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
slimmy05:
Write GRE and TOEFL. You can search for schools with www.gradschools.com

Check the schools requirements and you can go on from there.

Pls the question may sound some how to you, why GRE and TOEFL and why not one? Just asking.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
olamonsor2:

Pls the question may sound some how to you, why GRE and TOEFL and why not one? Just asking.
that is why I said you should look for schools and check their requirements
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by olamonsor2: 10:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
slimmy05:
that is why I said you should look for schools and check their requirements

Thank u sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by durobraham(f): 10:42pm On Apr 19, 2015
slimmy05:
is the funding partial or full? If it's full or partial let him use whoever is sponsoring him here. The VO will see his funding in the I-20

I don't understand. Please can you be clear, is there anything wrong with writing the school on the form? He got a full scholarship. The sponsor he has is not immediate family, just a family friend,
he doesn't want that to jeopardize his chance.

Please anyone else who had experience in this issue pls chime in.the funding is tied to diversity so it's not dependent on grades or anything and can't be withdrawn.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
durobraham:

I don't understand. Please can you be clear, is there anything wrong with writing the school on the form? He got a full scholarship. The sponsor he has is not immediate family, just a family friend,
he doesn't want that to jeopardize his chance.

Please anyone else who had experience in this issue pls chime in.the funding is tied to diversity so it's not dependent on grades or anything and can't be withdrawn.

Stop confusing yourself.
If he has a full scholarship he has nothing to worry about.
He can go with a sponsor to be double sure although if his i20 scholarship funds covers the full amount needed for one year he's less likely to present an external statement.

Either way it doesn't hurt to go with a statement. Simple.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
profojah:

Hangiboteen track-app....Always detect every moniker with (f) is beautiful...

Hope you're preparing tightly for fall 15...This is your year.. All the best!

Amen oooo

Its year of celebration and i shall be celebrated by the special grace of God...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
Thanks a lot oxygen9gs for this insight. Please can you share the Magoosh Flashcards and the Latest ETS guide you have. I will appreciate a lot. My email is deleyi2020@gmail.com

Also if there's a link to DL, I will appreciate that as well.

Your response has boosted my confidence more cos I already have a study schedule similar to this. Thanks again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 4:36am On Apr 20, 2015
Walspring:

boss you don use your tracker to detect say the moniker nah fine girl..

Your tracker badt gan

Checkout the moniker yourself, u go know say "nkan ki le se rago" grin lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by wiseman2392(m): 9:49am On Apr 20, 2015
Good morning all in the house. I was just given admission in a state university in USA. What I need from the house now is the next step needed for the processing of I20. How do I go about it in order for me to meet up on time. I was given admission for fall and in fact I dont know the next step. Pls help me out, your advise is highly welcomed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 9:51am On Apr 20, 2015
wiseman2392:
Good morning all in the house. I was just given admission in a state university in USA. What I need from the house now is the next step needed for the processing of I20. How do I go about it in order for me to meet up on time. I was given admission for fall and in fact I dont know the next step. Pls help me out, your advise is highly welcomed
has ur i-20 arrived?!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aanowai(m): 10:14am On Apr 20, 2015
Goodmorning all.. DHL just delivered my I-20 for admission for fall (August) 2015. I had previously received an I-20 in November 2014, but because my visa was not approved for Spring (January) 2015, I asked my school to defer my admission and re-issue me another I-20 for fall (August) 2015 admission. Now I have received it, but when I compared my new I-20 with the one I received last year, I discovered that my SEVIS number on the recent I-20 is different from that of the previous one. To those with same experience, does this pose any problem?? I am asking because I have paid the $200 SEVIS fee last year and I understand that SEVIS fee is valid for one year. Please what do I do now?? Answers needed!!! Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 20, 2015
aanowai:
Goodmorning all.. DHL just delivered my I-20 for admission for fall (August) 2015. I had previously received an I-20 in November 2014, but because my visa was not approved for Spring (January) 2015, I asked my school to defer my admission and re-issue me another I-20 for fall (August) 2015 admission. Now I have received it, but when I compared my new I-20 with the one I received last year, I discovered that my SEVIS number on the recent I-20 is different from that of the previous one. To those with same experience, does this pose any problem?? I am asking because I have paid the $200 SEVIS fee last year and I understand that SEVIS fee is valid for one year. Please what do I do now?? Answers needed!!! Thank you.
Well, your SEVIS is still active. Just contact the organization responsible for that and explain and your problems would be solved.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 20, 2015
wiseman2392:
Wiseman, what's up? cheesy

You're wise and so ought to know what to do next.

Contact your school to know if they need financial documentation. Virtually all schools do or just check your email once again, you'll surely receive a letter about "Financial Documentation"

So, send it to the school and follow up your admission packet. And buy me a bottle of beer after that. Just kidding cheesy

Good luck anyway!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kellycute(m): 10:36am On Apr 20, 2015
Good morning yall, please I want to know the amount for mrv fee. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Notonlyamerika: 12:11pm On Apr 20, 2015
aanowai:

I don't have the same experience, but I don't think it will pose any problem at d embassy in as much as the previous and the current I-20 came from d same school. All u have to do is to contact the sevis people for the update of ur sevis number. It's kind of transferring the payment u made to ur previous sevis no to the current one, so that ur current sevis number would reflect on ur sevis fee receipt. Hope it helps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Notonlyamerika: 12:23pm On Apr 20, 2015
wiseman2392:
None from the house can give you the exact steps for d processing of ur I-20 as requirements and steps defer from uni to uni, it's only ur school, specifically the team for international students.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aanowai(m): 1:09pm On Apr 20, 2015
Notonlyamerika:

I don't have the same experience, but I don't think it will pose any problem at d embassy in as much as the previous and the current I-20 came from d same school. All u have to do is to contact the sevis people for the update of ur sevis number. It's kind of transferring the payment u made to ur previous sevis no to the current one, so that ur current sevis number would reflect on ur sevis fee receipt. Hope it helps.

Thank you @Notonlyamerika..

Infact it was the advise you gave to someone a few days ago, concerning a similar issue, that I worked with. I was reading the posts from the 14th to 20th (that's today) and I read where you also advised someone to contact FMJFEE.SEVIS@ice.dhs.gov for the transfer of SEVIS fee from one SEVIS number to the other.

This was the person's question and your answer:

How will I do the change of school name and sevis no on my sevis fee?

U only need to contact FMJfee Team at FMJFEE.SEVIS@ice.dhs.gov, in order to transfer ur sevis-fee payment from ur current sevis no. to the one u wish to go to the embassy with. They will require ur sevis details to do so.

I have already written to FMJFEE.SEVIS@ice.dhs.gov and I am waiting for their response. I also gave them all the informations they will need to effect the change/transfer.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aanowai(m): 1:10pm On Apr 20, 2015
And yes, both I-20s are from the same school..

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.