Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment (28285 Views)

Buhari Flown Abroad For Prostate Cancer Checkup - The Herald / President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment / Minister Travels Abroad For Treatment After Plying Lagos/ibadan Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by yorke1: 10:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
APC e-warriors will never learn. I have known Tinubu as a hyprocrite long ago. What stop him from receiving medical treatment in Lagos state? National leader indeed!
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by thwarrior72: 10:09pm On Aug 25, 2014
donphilopus:

Amala and Ewedu will kill you. That's the only thing you know!
grin cheesy donphi how far... cool
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Emmalot121(m): 10:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
IgboMonk: angry angry angry angry angry angry
What business does Igbo have with Yoruba Land?GO BACK TO THE CREEKS YOU COME FROM grin
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
All you Politicians , just keep on travelling abroad for medical treatment...... to Germany, to France, to the UK, go to India, to Spain, go to Canada, the USA, visit Australia...... go everywhere but your own, NO, don't stay in your own country.
leave our national health care system here in Nigeria to fall into a state of complete disrepair, and utter collapse.
I lament for the poor nigerian.....

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
get well soon jagaban...................oracle of Nigeria
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by gulfer: 10:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
Tinubu is a private citizen that can go anywhere he likes. Why is this our concern Igbos, we are not besotted like you guys.
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Legendoscar2: 10:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
meforyou1: Wishing him quickest recovery.
But let me restate, Tinubu is not a leader of APC. He holds no executive position in APC, he is just a member.
Who be dis one. You think this place is a play ground for kids se?
You better run outta here before all the e-APC wArriors decend on you
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by elbinmanny(m): 10:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
Hope he will remeber his decaying teeth. grin .... though he is looking frail..... RIP...in advance in case ....... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Lucasbalo(m): 10:21pm On Aug 25, 2014
With me they are all worthless regardless of their party affiliations. I don't belong to any party . I just want Nigeria to be better for future generations because what Nigeria is now is simply tragic.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by ugoezeik(m): 10:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
tit: Tinubu built world-class hospitals with the latest sophisticated scanners that can find any jedi-jedi anywhere in your bodi.
The problem is this boy Fashola has sold all the equipment. The ones he cannot sell, he allowed to rot and rust.
Then he sacked all the doctors Tinubu sent for training abroad.
My brother it is not easy.
The Jagagban has no choice but to go polish his rotten teeth abroad
hahahahahaha U really get me hard!!! See as street ppls tink say na holy madness
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Malawian(m): 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
maybe he went to change his diapers. i understand he can no longer hold his shait after what buhari have done to him. undecided
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by ugoezeik(m): 10:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
I dnt really kwn wat to comment. Ehee wat did d thread said again
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Firefire(m): 10:54pm On Aug 25, 2014
I wish you well... Jagaban Bola Ahmed Tinubu (BAT)

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
Arosa: I pray that one day hopefully very soon, the western world will stop accepting VIP patient from Nigeria, including the president. So that we can develope our own hospitals. Amen.
I don't think that will be possible. If you were a business man for example, can you stop one of your major customers from buying your goods? The west are making huge money from this health tourism. Statistics have shown that Nigeria loses over a billion dollars to health tourism and you want the west to stop a source of income? My brother, Nigerians are the only ones that can stop it not those that enjoy from it.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by gidjah(m): 11:09pm On Aug 25, 2014
20pounds: I hear he is suffering from Over-accumulation and looting of resources Fashola and all other APC Governors should not disburse their monthly allocations from the Federal govt till he comes back.

Meanwhile, OP how is ur Oga faring in his own corner in Germany? I saw a picture of him with ogogoro disguised as water, while he telephoned the Falconets. Was he so drunk as to tell them that "we are counting on you people to lose"? lipsrsealed embarassed
THIS GOT My rib crackin walahi!do not mind d fools ,god will visit them incurable illness if they continue to oppress d poor in d land
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by boombay(m): 11:12pm On Aug 25, 2014
Mehn!!! the op is so dumb!!.. you are calling fashola an incumbent governor... may sango destroy your entire household for saying this!! gej was flown to Germany nobody talk.... tinubu travelled see haterz!.... SOUTH WEST IS APC... NOT EVEN OBJ CAN TAKE LAGOS FROM THE GRIP OF APC TALKLESS OF THAT WEAKLING YOU CALL GEJ...JONATHAN IS JUST AN slowpoke LIKE WISE HIS SUPPORTERS TOO!!!!....

#ANGRY!
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
This should not be constituted as a defence or attack of Tinubu,or PDP, or GEJ or APC.

So the question arises....why are our hosptials so bad that our leaders have to go out.?

The answer is simple....if you want world class, you have to pay world class amounts of money.You do not get a Lamborghini for the price of a VW beetle.

Thing is, government runs too many hospitals....and funding for health care has not increased at all( Indeed,anyone who has been following my posts would know that I have stated that NMA and JOHESU should jointly fight for improved financing for health in Nigeria....).

But, even if we increase funding....the money may still not be enough.It costs lots of money to fully equip a standard tertiary (teaching) hospital. And we have not even talked about maintenance costs.( or generator and borehole costs).

So, we are left with two things....either we privatize the govt hospitals....or we raise fees to pay for equipment.

But the Govt....whether PDP or APC ...won't do it. Because Nigerians want free health care....or cheap health care.(Which is a good thing....most of us are poor anyway). But Nigerians also think that we sit on a bottomless pit of oil money....and I am here to tell you that we do not. TO cut a long story short.....before we can afford cheap health care....we need to diversify our economy to a point where oil is contributing a minority to our treasury....and where we are earning far more from industries,etc....to the point that we are a first world nation. Like Japan,China,and Germany. And if even PDP increases hospital fees by even 1%....2015 will be the year of the APC tidal wave.(Ditto APC).

But so long as we rely on oil....we will find it difficult to do cheap health care.

But Nigerians love cheap. So, we end up with poorly funded hospitals....and while the poor suffer in these hospitals...the rich vote with their legs. Vote for the US, Germany....even India.

So Nigerians....rather than call Tinubu and GEJ names......ask yourself some hard questions about how your hospitals are funded. You may not like the answers. (and even me talking....I absolutely hate the conclusions I am forced to draw from my thots..high hosptial fees or bust). In order to get world class hospitals....Nigerians may need to pay higher,,,.....both rich and poor. And we may need to make our two talents twenty right now. Because the oil money is not enough.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Arosa(m): 11:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
koastar:
I don't think that will be possible. If you were a business man for example, can you stop one of your major customers from buying your goods? The west are making huge money from this health tourism. Statistics have shown that Nigeria loses over a billion dollars to health tourism and you want the west to stop a source of income? My brother, Nigerians are the only ones that can stop it not those that enjoy from it.

you are right it's a long shot.
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by easystudy101: 11:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Bgino(m): 11:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
JESUS!!!!!!this man ugly die..

IgboMonk: angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by ItzDavid(m): 11:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
tit: Tinubu built world-class hospitals with the latest sophisticated scanners that can find any jedi-jedi anywhere in your bodi.
The problem is this boy Fashola has sold all the equipment. The ones he cannot sell, he allowed to rot and rust.
u just explain dis fucking shit like you got Ph.D in Abuse-o-logy
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by BekeeBuAgbara: 12:46am On Aug 26, 2014
Manazz:

Right because GEJ performed miracles as a Governor huh? But i guess this scenario is different since your master GEJ just happened to succeed Yara'dua so it wasn't really anything he's done that got him there, and guess what, He still hasn't done enough for him or talk less of morons like you to be blabbing all over the place about how he's the best thing that happened to this nation and 'must' be voted back in 2015.

And by the way any reasonable human being (which i sure as hell know you and the Op plus whichever halfwit is on duty amongst your GEJ media team) that notices how you people cant ever make a point without dragging Lagos state will know how pathetic you are, especially when the man you're doing all this for could not even do 10% of what the Lagos government has done.
Good roads, pipe borne water? Be specific, what did Lagos state government do? undecided

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by ghettodreamz(m): 12:52am On Aug 26, 2014
Stop this libel. Would you? undecided

Pot calling the kettle black here. PDP is no different, at the end it is the common people of Nigeria that would suffer the pains, and that's a fact a lot of you guys are ignorant of, or pretended not to be aware of.

What has the incumbent ruling party or their first candidate offered to the masses and Nigerian people yet?

In terms of good healthcare, modernized and functioning hospital/medical equipment, affordable and better medical care, what has GEJ done to help the teeming Nigerian populace?

The same sin you accused the APC of, should be directed to your incumbent leader and his wife. They should stop wasting our national funds for personal medical care, let them fix the Nigeria health sector, and cut off the ideas of wasting our collective reserves as a nation in funding their expensive medical travels abroad.

As far as Nigerian politics or the political parties is concerned there are no saints. Whether PDP or APC, whether GEJ or Tinubu, one thing they all share in common is - CORRUPTION.
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by nduchucks: 1:06am On Aug 26, 2014
It is quitre obvious that many NL posters are poverty striken.

We all know that the best medical facilities in the world are not located in Nigeria. Expecting anyone who has billions of dollars to spend, not to go to the best medical facility available to him regardless of its location, is unreasonable.
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 1:33am On Aug 26, 2014
God has his own ways of eliminating corrupt people...many of them have died before they could access treatment abroad..why can't they just fix this hospitals? Why? They believe the ones here re meant for the mekunus abi..well , God is watching...I'm observing
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 1:40am On Aug 26, 2014
elbinmanny: Hope he will remeber his decaying teeth. grin .... though he is looking frail..... RIP...in advance in case ....... lipsrsealed

Oh Lord
Bwahahahahahaha
You people are funny o
How can you RIP in advance?

But to be honest o,how can one man be this ugly?
He has the ugliness of a whole local govt area
Kai

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 1:52am On Aug 26, 2014
Suspectin dat some dese guys are spirit, dey don't sleep. #sleeps#
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by lastpage: 2:48am On Aug 26, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/akande-ogbeh-baraje-jostle-for-apc-bot-chair/187293/

Tinubu was governor of Lagos state for 8 years after which his anointed successor and incumbent governor took over.

Tinubu is the leader of the APC, the major opposition party in Nigeria, which is making mouth watery promises, including healthcare reforms, if elected in 2015.

One would have expected Tinubu and his gang to atleast show the PDP how it is done by transforming the Lagos healthcare system or was 14 years not enough for Tinubu's party to do the needful in Lagos state?

Since Tinubu and his gang now travel abroad for medical care, what is the fate of the over 20 million Lagosians?

What is obvious is that Tinubu and his party do not trust the Lagos healthcare system they claim to have transformed in 14 years.

I am not partisan and will never be but what do you think would have happened to THIS COUNTRY AS OF TODAY if Fashola and his APC government were like their PDP counterparts, in reacting and taking immediate action when Ebola Virus hit Nigeria's shores, through Lagos... with like 20Million people is a small confined space as Lagos?

I bet by now, Ebola would have ravaged the whole country so much that Liberia and Sierra Leone combined will be child's play.
That alone, is a big feather on Fashola's cap.
Mind you, l am not saying he is a perfect example of good governance (nor his thieving God father Tinubu)
but as much as l hate to compare "thieves and blind mice", ............Lagos state Govt is not on the same level with PDP states.

But coming from "Sincere9gerian", l know where your loyalty lies... and l am not surprised at all.

Lastpage!
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Tundeiab(m): 2:50am On Aug 26, 2014
Please can you tell us where the so called sophisticated hospitals were located and also evidence to show that Fashola sacked all the doctors he sent for training abroad.
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by lastpage: 2:56am On Aug 26, 2014
nduchucks: It is quitre obvious that many NL posters are poverty striken.

We all know that the best medical facilities in the world are not located in Nigeria. Expecting anyone who has billions of dollars to spend, not to go to the best medical facility available to him regardless of its location, is unreasonable.

But on the other hand, knowing fully well that most of these Billionaires STOLE the money from the people's patrimony, WHY cant they just 'build the same BEST medical facility" in Nigeria.... and use it and let others also pay them for its use?

Does that not make more logical sense?

*What if their plane went down "Ukraine Style" as they are rushing abroad for treatment? (which can be avoided by building it here)
*What if there ailment is of such an emergency that they have only 30mins be saved by the BEST medical facility nko?
*Does it not profit them and all their loved ones as well, to build such within country? Are those White people who built theirs in their own country STEWPID ... or is it our own Billionaires that are STEWPID?
*Finally, why is it that the Blackman does not reason deeply and will forever try to play second fiddle, even when he has 'pole-position'?

Lastpage!

BTW: Nobody says anything whenever or whichever way somebody like Dangote spends his money (even im dey try small small to invest locally!)
Does not appear he "directly" looted govt coffers as he never held any public office.
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Tundeiab(m): 2:57am On Aug 26, 2014
lastpage:

I am not partisan and will never be but what do you think would have happened to THIS COUNTRY AS OF TODAY if Fashola and his APC government were like their PDP counterparts, in reacting and taking immediate action when Ebola Virus hit Nigeria's shores, through Lagos... with like 20Million people is a small confined space as Lagos?

I bet by now, Ebola would have ravaged the whole country so much that Liberia and Sierra Leone combined will be child's play.
That alone, is a big feather on Fashola's cap.
Mind you, l am not saying he is a perfect example of good governance (nor his thieving God father Tinubu)
but as much as l hate to compare "thieves and blind mice", ............Lagos state Govt is not on the same level with PDP states.

But coming from "Sincere9gerian", l know where your loyalty lies... and l am not surprised at all.

Lastpage!
Giving credit to Fashola or APC for the containment of ebola in Lagos is a very wrong thing to do. The credit should go to the doctor who blatantly refused Sawyer from leaving the hospital. She single handedly called WHO to intimate them of the situation. She doesn't even work in a government.
I think the senior doctor and of course Almighty God should take all the glory.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu's Sons, Seyi & Yinka Among Delegation On State Visit To Qatar / Army Kills 25 Boko Haram Terrorists, Rescues 18 Persons (Graphic Photos) / "Aisha Alhassan Engaged In Corruption As Chief Registrar Of FCT High Court" - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.