Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,585 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC (24310 Views)

Tom Ikimi Arrested By EFCC - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Overthrew Shagari Over $2.8b Oil Scam: Tinubu Wants APC VP Slot – Ikimi / Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by Mamog(m): 6:06pm On Aug 26, 2014
John Odigie Oyegun the present APC national chairman does not have any structure or political value in Edo State.. with Anenih, ogbemudia, senior and younger Igbinedion and now Ikimi.. Edo state is back to PDP.. Election will confirm it whether free and fair or not..Edo is PDP a Gov Oshiomole knows it QED

1 Like

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by mandax: 6:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
1United1: Good Riddance To A Bad Rubbish! PDP is gradually becoming a dumping ground for failed politicians angry

APC

Sai Buhari!

Let's Rid Nigeria of Corruption!
Sai Buha what? Why not say Sai Your Gran Pa? Corruption in Nigeria? Only those caught are branded corrupt in Nigeria. After Buhari left office, no body could have looked into his account books, becos only his kinspeople, one after the other, took over leadership of Nigeria. If Abacha that reigned with Buhari did not die intestate, perhaps Abacha may have become an anti corruption example for Nigerians today.
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by maestroferddi: 6:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
soroptimist:

With respect to Tom Ikimi......when push comes to shove and the truth be told about who can make things happen,Tom Ikimi can not affect the political calculation of APC in anyway. he doesn't control any political ecosystem

That he was made a NVC South South was out of deference to him as a Former NRC Chairman and an Elder stateman

And the party's reconciliation moves after the National elections were normal in any party but did you hear that anybody went to beg Ali Modu Sheriff( whose personality gave the party a bad image?)

Infact if i were to be objective,i will even say Ali Modu Sheriff carry a lot of political clout with his exit from the APC,Shekarau is another person i felt for but for the fact that Kwakwanso's presence has wiped off anything Shekarau might leverage on

But people like Tom Ikimi,Femi Fani Kayode,Nuhu Ribadu,Attahiru Bafarawa,Buba Marwa carry no political leverage
Can you see that your argument does not hold any water?

Ikimi was compensated and visited because he was a former party chairman. Should you be taken serious?

Are you not conceding that he has always been a key leader all along? If not, why was he being given deference? Was the party his fathers private estate?

As for your wild deductions on who is formidable and who is expendable, I can't help but laugh.

In your reckoning, people lose relevance and substance the moment they decamp from APC. What a potentially costly calculation!

Which serious observer can conclude that Shekarau would be overshadowed by a merely noisy Kwakwanso?

Those who can see a little bit ahead know that smart politicians in the north, by their body language, know that there would be no vacancy in Aso Rock next year.

Strategists like Ribadu, Shekarau and even Babangida Aliyu Muazu are gradually positioning themselves for a shot at the presidency in 2019 when the north will likely be producing the president.

These men have understood the Nigerian political equation:That Jonathan because of the enormous powers resident in his office will greatly have a say on who shall succeed him.

The rest of the field are probably shouting themselves hoarse and have failed to see the handwriting clearly etched on the wall.

2 Likes

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by 1miccza: 6:35pm On Aug 26, 2014
ratiken: Why?

As much I am in full support of GEJ till 2019, I am becoming increasingly concerned about the opposition post 2015.

We cannot afford to go back to a one-party system. APC needs to hold forth at least for the sake of Nigeria and not their pockets. They should quit propaganda and build a strong structure towards 2019. They stand a good chance after 2019 and they have 4.5 years to prove they are the change. They should put the self acclaimed kingmakers within them in check to build a robust non-janjaweedian system.

We need APC to keep PDP in check without the negative politicking and propaganda. They should not allow their personal greed override their national essence.

This is coming from a core Pro-GEJ and a Nigerian dream believer.

We need more of your type in Nigeria.....
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2014
maestroferddi:

Which serious observer can conclude that Shekarau would be overshadowed by a merely noisy Kwakwanso

Those who can see a little bit ahead know that smart politicians in the north, by their body language, know that there would be no vacancy in Aso Rock next year.

Strategists like Ribadu, Shekarau and even Babangida Aliyu Muazu are gradually positioning themselves for a shot at the presidency in 2019 when the north will likely be producing the president.

I am done talking about Tom Ikimi................Now that he has left we shall see what his departure will portend for APC

In Kano,Kwakwanso who you called Noisy just conducted and delivered all 44 LGAs including that of Shekarau in the LG elections

The fact is that in the North,anyone remotely associated with GEJ owing to his brand of divisive and ethnoreligious politics are been ostrasized and dealt with like political lepers

And mind you,in the Gubernatorial elections up North,you might witness a semblance of competition amongst the contestants and parties but in the Presidential,it will be a Tsunami against PDP

Ribadu who lost even his polling booth when he contested for the Presidency does not have the clout to deliver any political bloc for anybody....even if he is eventually foisted and forced on Adamawa PDP for the forthcoming Guber elections,it will not be because he his popular or has any election winning machinery or structure but it will be as a result of imposition from above,which in itself can backfire

Ribadu as much as we all liked him was a media assisted creature and only admired amongst the elites and youths in the southern part of the Nation,the Talakawas in the North hold Ribadu,Shekarau in utter disdain because they believe they were used to spoil Buhar's chance

Muazu Babangida is highly loathed presently in Niger State to the extent that they call him a Bill Board Governor.....he has offended most of the powers-that be and his performance is not so stellar and they are waiting to extract a pound of flesh from him....he was lucky not to have defected to APC as Nyako's treatment would have been meted out on him
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by eledacedar(f): 6:57pm On Aug 26, 2014
Reptyle: Tom Ikimi like Fani Kayode, Ojo Maduekwe and Jerry Gana are very unstable politicians. Their only motivation is power by all means...so no surprise here.

Please where is that Ojo Maduekwe? The man seems quiet since OBJ left power. I know he's still chopping govt money in one corner share.
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
eledacedar:

Please where is that Ojo Maduekwe? The man seems quiet since OBJ left power. I know he's still chopping govt money in one corner share.

He is Nigeria's Ambassador to Canada
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
Papertrail11:

guy for this statement u just made may God countinue to bless you in 4 folds everyday
Those comtesting for position have left PDP. As it stand today, jona have opposition in the party. Abi u fit mention one name for today PDP wen dey follo Jana drag?
Expect more defection after APC convention. Reason; too many strong men who want to be number one. If I was running the APC, I will wait for PDP to hold it convention first so that the disgruntle ones will join APC if only to make PDP un comfortable
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by maestroferddi: 7:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
soroptimist:

I am done talking about Tom Ikimi................Now that he has left we shall see what his departure will portend for APC

In Kano,Kwakwanso who you called Noisy just conducted and delivered all 44 LGAs including that of Shekarau in the LG elections

The fact is that in the North,anyone remotely associated with GEJ owing to his brand of divisive and ethnoreligious politics are been ostrasized and dealt with like political lepers

And mind you,in the Gubernatorial elections up North,you might witness a semblance of competition amongst the contestants and parties but in the Presidential,it will be a Tsunami against PDP

Ribadu who lost even his polling booth when he contested for the Presidency does not have the clout to deliver any political bloc for anybody....even if he is eventually foisted and forced on Adamawa PDP for the forthcoming Guber elections,it will not be because he his popular or has any election winning machinery or structure but it will be as a result of imposition from above,which in itself can backfire

Ribadu as much as we all liked him was a media assisted creature and only admired amongst the elites and youths in the southern part of the Nation,the Talakawas in the North hold Ribadu,Shekarau in utter disdain because they believe they were used to spoil Buhar's chance

Muazu Babangida is highly loathed presently in Niger State to the extent that they call him a Bill Board Governor.....he has offended most of the powers-that be and his performance is not so stellar and they are waiting to extract a pound of flesh from him....he was lucky not to have defected to APC as Nyako's treatment would have been meted out on him

Oga you are a learner in politics, sam!
So your barometer for popularity and political relevance is a rubber-stamped local government election? Think deeper.

You forget that this noisy Kwakwanso owes his political resurrection to the good graces of Obasanjo who redeemed him from Shekarau's embarrassment at the 2003 Kano gubernatorial polls.

Did Shekarau not beat him silly even when he had the power of incumbency? Ask any Kano man and he would tell you that Jonathan executed a masterstroke by getting Shekarau on board his government/PDP.

I doubt whether you are privy to the just concluded Kano PDP state congress. I am sure you would have changed your assumption of who wields influence on the Talakawas if you had witnessed the revival of PDP in the state as attested by the turnout.

Nuhu Ribadu is a governor in waiting. Forget the seeming squabble among the aspirants. They already know the anointed candidate but are merely horse-trading to get a good deal for themselves. Let's see who the APC will present that can muster the clout to upset the apple cart.

Something tells me that Ribadu (whose father is Nigeria's first defence minister) is going places politically in Nigeria.
Book this space!

Babangida Muazu, a smart and calculating politician who had the presence of mind to scale the booby trap that consumed Murtala Nyarko and left the likes of Kawu Baraje, Bukola Saraki, Rotimi Amaechi and others presently marooned in political wilderness.

It is only a joker that would deem the chairman of Northern governors forum, who also enjoys the imprimatur of Ibrahim Babangida, an unpopular figure.

Need I say more?
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by hardebounty(m): 7:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
Guy u beta open ur eye see road now.. Don't make decisions wey ur unborn children go swear for yu.
Cast ur vote wisely..

ratiken: Why?

As much I am in full support of GEJ till 2019, I am becoming increasingly concerned about the opposition post 2015.

We cannot afford to go back to a one-party system. APC needs to hold forth at least for the sake of Nigeria and not their pockets. They should quit propaganda and build a strong structure towards 2019. They stand a good chance after 2019 and they have 4.5 years to prove they are the change. They should put the self acclaimed kingmakers within them in check to build a robust non-janjaweedian system.

We need APC to keep PDP in check without the negative politicking and propaganda. They should not allow their personal greed override their national essence.

This is coming from a core Pro-GEJ and a Nigerian dream believer.
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 9:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
Iluvberem:

Otu nne gi ooo

grin

Bad guy. Nawaaoo! grin
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 26, 2014
maestroferddi:

Did Shekarau not beat him silly even when he had the power of incumbency? Ask any Kano man and he would tell you that Jonathan executed a masterstroke by getting Shekarau on board his government/PDP

I doubt whether you are privy to the just concluded Kano PDP state congress. I am sure you would have changed your assumption of who wields influence on the Talakawas if you had witnessed the revival of PDP in the state as attested by the turnout.

Nuhu Ribadu is a governor in waiting. Forget the seeming squabble among the aspirants. They already know the anointed candidate but are merely horse-trading to get a good deal for themselves. Let's see who the APC will present that can muster the clout to upset the apple cart

Babangida Muazu, a smart and calculating politician who had the presence of mind to scale the booby trap that consumed Murtala Nyarko and left the likes of Kawu Baraje, Bukola Saraki, Rotimi Amaechi and others presently marooned in political wilderness.

Need I say more?

Shekarau owes whatever he is politically today to the Buhari phenomenon which has been hovering over the Northern part of the country since 2003 and that was what put him into power.

Shekarau was plucked from obscurity having just retired as a Perm Sec by Buhari who probably was swayed by his eloquence( give that to him)

He was lucky to get a 2nd term due to the religious slant he inputted against the PDP candidate

In the core North then,one of the easiest way to win elections is to brand PDP a party for kafirs,a message which always resonated well with the barely literate folks.....

The same tactics was what Ali Modu Sheriff and Yarima Bakura used in Borno and Zamfara

Shekarau's clout towards the end of his tenure was demystified owing to his rebellion against Gen Buhari as he was discovered to be a mole working for the PDP to divide the Northern votes

He was punished by Kano electorates who refused to elect his candidate Sagir Takai and due to the fact that CPC was formed barely 5months to the elections,Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso rode on the split in ANPP and CPC to score a victory

The resurgence you alluded to in PDP Kano Chapter Congress is a local affair largely due to the agglomeration of Shekarau,Abacha,Mohammed structure.....I expect the State Guber election to be tight if and only if Mohammed Abacha is handed the ticket but report says Shekarau is still positioning his boy Sagir Takai to get the PDP ticket with his closeness to Abuja now......and i expect an earthquake either way if Abacha dont get the ticket as promised by GEJ

Abacha getting the ticket means the political eclipse of Shekarau because the Governor will automatically become the party leader and will reserve the right to nominate people into positions both state and national

Whatever you see that is happening in all the states in the North be they in PDP will not rub off positively on GEJ....who is a marked man politically up North

So you too ask any Kanawa if Shekarau having fallen from grace to grass and have gone to join the party which he villified as coven of the unbelievers( Kafirs) to the utter disappointment of his followers can deliver Kano to GEJ

Ribadu even if he becomes a Governor does not negate my point that he doesn't have the clout to deliver a political bloc like a state to PDP,PDP just want to use Ribadu's famed integrity to shore up its image. PDP really can do without Ribadu

Muazu Babangida is all noise and no spine,Nigerlites are waiting for his tenure to end before conscripting him to the dustbin of political irrelevance

Which Bobby trap consumed Kawu-Baraje,Saraki or Amaechi? is it Saraki who still control his political territory 100% with the Governor,All LG Chairmen,Councillors that has been consumed ? or an Amaechi who has defied all odds and political landmines erected for him from the Supreme Court judgement about his election or the 24 House of Assembly members who defected with him to APC that you'd say is without support?

Need you say more?? please say no more!
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by akinladejo: 9:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
Goddex: [size=16pt]No well-meaning Nigerian should remain in the APC.

You made the best decision uncle Ikimi. Like Ribadu and many others, I hope to see you join hands with President Jonathan to move the country forward.

[/size]

Ribadu's decision to decamp to PDP was a political sucide , just watch out as the events unfold.
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by Phame: 11:33pm On Aug 26, 2014
1United1: Good Riddance To A Bad Rubbish! PDP is gradually becoming a dumping ground for failed politicians angry

APC

Sai Buhari!

is this cleverly?
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by Phame: 11:35pm On Aug 26, 2014
Iluvberem: Apc is a sinking ship

Sinking faster than titanic

While
With the heart of grieve their trolls are posting their failure on nairaland
nonsense!
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by kinharold(m): 12:40am On Aug 27, 2014
...or an Amaechi who has defied all odds and political landmines erected for him from the Supreme Court judgement about his election or the 24 House of Assembly members who defected with him to APC that you'd say is without support?

My dear, I really enjoyed reading the whole write-up especially the part about Kano politics, but the part above really gave you out. For you to say this about Rivers Politics makes it clear that you dont know anything about what is happening there as concerns 2015. Comments like this can only be said on Nairaland and other online platforms but not in Port Harcourt.

We all loved Ameachi but his APC adventure is a grave mistake, he should only pray that GEJ does not run.
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by birdman(m): 1:19am On Aug 27, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Has it been confirmed that he is defecting to PDP?

I dont think Ikimi ever switched allegiance to APC. His APC compadres have always been wary of him as a mole. I wont be surprised to see him back in PDP in the near future
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by maestroferddi: 1:58am On Aug 27, 2014
soroptimist:

Shekarau owes whatever he is politically today to the Buhari phenomenon which has been hovering over the Northern part of the country since 2003 and that was what put him into power.

Shekarau was plucked from obscurity having just retired as a Perm Sec by Buhari who probably was swayed by his eloquence( give that to him)

He was lucky to get a 2nd term due to the religious slant he inputted against the PDP candidate

In the core North then,one of the easiest way to win elections is to brand PDP a party for kafirs,a message which always resonated well with the barely literate folks.....

The same tactics was what Ali Modu Sheriff and Yarima Bakura used in Borno and Zamfara

Shekarau's clout towards the end of his tenure was demystified owing to his rebellion against Gen Buhari as he was discovered to be a mole working for the PDP to divide the Northern votes

He was punished by Kano electorates who refused to elect his candidate Sagir Takai and due to the fact that CPC was formed barely 5months to the elections,Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso rode on the split in ANPP and CPC to score a victory

The resurgence you alluded to in PDP Kano Chapter Congress is a local affair largely due to the agglomeration of Shekarau,Abacha,Mohammed structure.....I expect the State Guber election to be tight if and only if Mohammed Abacha is handed the ticket but report says Shekarau is still positioning his boy Sagir Takai to get the PDP ticket with his closeness to Abuja now......and i expect an earthquake either way if Abacha dont get the ticket as promised by GEJ

Abacha getting the ticket means the political eclipse of Shekarau because the Governor will automatically become the party leader and will reserve the right to nominate people into positions both state and national

Whatever you see that is happening in all the states in the North be they in PDP will not rub off positively on GEJ....who is a marked man politically up North

So you too ask any Kanawa if Shekarau having fallen from grace to grass and have gone to join the party which he villified as coven of the unbelievers( Kafirs) to the utter disappointment of his followers can deliver Kano to GEJ

Ribadu even if he becomes a Governor does not negate my point that he doesn't have the clout to deliver a political bloc like a state to PDP,PDP just want to use Ribadu's famed integrity to shore up its image. PDP really can do without Ribadu

Muazu Babangida is all noise and no spine,Nigerlites are waiting for his tenure to end before conscripting him to the dustbin of political irrelevance

Which Bobby trap consumed Kawu-Baraje,Saraki or Amaechi? is it Saraki who still control his political territory 100% with the Governor,All LG Chairmen,Councillors that has been consumed ? or an Amaechi who has defied all odds and political landmines erected for him from the Supreme Court judgement about his election or the 24 House of Assembly members who defected with him to APC that you'd say is without support?

My man you funny die!

You can see the power of facts. You got cornered that you had no option but to resort to wild speculations, half-truths and misleading inferences.

Buhari is the Caliph of Mecca, El Rufai is the Grand Mufti of Sarajevo yet their so-called popularity could not deliver their states from the PDP juggernaut in 2011 guber polls.

Maybe you have forgotten that Buhari's Katsina is a PDP state and that Jonathan got over 25% of popular votes in Katsina while giving a good account of himself in Kano at the 2011 general elections.

This kafir construct of yours must be a figment of your imagination as PDP is well grounded in all the northern states. Ask Kwakwanso and he would confirm that to you.

Kwakwanso, Buhari and other APC leaders in the core north know that the fear of PDP is the beginning of wisdom.

Whoever that is telling you that Babangida Aliyu is not popular in Niger must have been deceiving you. The governor of Niger state is among the most credible, educated and charismatic leaders in the present northern political set-up.

Spare a thought for Saraki who, for all intents and purposes is a goner politically. I am sure he must be counting his losses in his rather infantile over-ambition.
The man's voice has almost been drowned by the cacophony of sounds in his new milieu. All he has left is a lame duck governor whose political clock is ticking by the day.

Amaechi's case is going to be more hopeless after his tenure elapses next year. He would then have the combined forces of Nyesom Wike, Patience Jonathan and indeed the presidency to contend with. Rivers has never voted APC so forget the charade.

1 Like

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by ElFenomeno1: 2:40am On Aug 27, 2014
birdman:

I dont think Ikimi ever switched allegiance to APC. His APC compadres have always been wary of him as a mole. I wont be surprised to see him back in PDP in the near future

Hmmmm.....Interesting.
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by tonytony208(m): 5:44am On Aug 27, 2014

APC

Sai Buhari!

when bukola saraki and his former commissioner for finance cum robber-at-arm, fatah ahmed, joined the apc, what did that make apc? A dumping ground for stealing politicians, righ? How come you never saw ikimi as a failed politician until now. You are only proving that apc is a party of bad losers.

1 Like

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by oniconx: 7:33am On Aug 27, 2014
kernel504:

Am not a partisan person, but an irrelevant person can't be going for the post of national chairman of APC. He is a super weight politician, please, google "Ikimi birthday", you will see all Nigerian elite gathered to celebrate him.
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by farem: 8:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
Tinubu's political sagacity has kept PDP moles in APC redundant and frustrated! They have no option but to go out; likes of Sheriff and Ikimi.
You need Tinubus to deflate PDP's strategies and to really have real opposition in Nigeria. No offence
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by 7lives: 11:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
soroptimist:

Oga are you a politician?, I gbadun your analysis o.
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by 7lives: 11:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
farem: Tinubu's political sagacity has kept PDP moles in APC redundant and frustrated! They have no option but to go out; likes of Shettima and Ikimi.
You need Tinubus to deflate PDP's strategies and to really have real opposition in Nigeria. No offence

Tinubu is smart, he had probably set the Nigerian politicians on a chess board and he'll play them all like a game. Oga Ikimi, gba fun eni to ju e lo, ise opolo ni.
Your body language gave you away as a mole, you have been measured, you have been weighed and you have been found to be absolutely wanting, oga Ikimi e sunkun si koroba, baba I beg, cry me a river.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abba Moro To Contest For David Mark's Senate Seat / Buhari Plans To Register Illegal Migrants, Under Fire - Guardian / CCECC: Itakpe–Ajaokuta Rail Line And Track Works Passes Final Acceptance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.