Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) (44457 Views)

Daar Communications Presents Card To Buhari (Photos) / Nigeria's First Indigenous Drone (being Build And Launched) / Anonymous Hacked Ferguson Police Servers And Launched A DDOS Attack! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by TeamclicksAir: 1:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
awesome

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
Not bad
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
Good one

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by redcliff: 1:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
[size=30pt]An id card should be an id card. An atm should be an atm . This is crap[/size]

3 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Deiok(m): 1:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
Haaa, finaly. Hope they will not make us wait longer than we have already.
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nice move, well done FG.
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by M4gunners: 1:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
This is great.Nigeria is joining the World.
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by dada01(m): 1:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
Gboliwe: So, the DG thinks he has done a good job? After how much and how long? SMH. Too much mumu people in this country.

So, I can go and get my temporary Id changed anytime from next month? Hopefully, it will work out.

Helo, after reading your post I searched the whole dictionary to describe you.
Fortunately I found one, guess what;

Pessimistic: that what u rep
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by dada01(m): 1:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
Gboliwe: So, the DG thinks he has done a good job? After how much and how long? SMH. Too much mumu people in this country.

So, I can go and get my temporary Id changed anytime from next month? Hopefully, it will work out.

Helo, after reading your post I searched the whole dictionary to describe you.
Fortunately I found one, guess what;

Pessimistic: that what u rep

LEARN: Better late than Never

2 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by BOAR: 1:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
They didn't give us the impression at the time of registration that it will take almost 2 years for the card to be issued.
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by codeworks(m): 1:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
we keep on duplicating things in this country. We can really merge INEC, National ID, National Population etc together

3 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
Where can I register and do I have to register in my state?

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by shikshark: 1:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
redcliff: [size=30pt]An id card should be an id card. An atm should be an atm . This is crap[/size]
the commission has a Chairman, a D.G, and various stakeholders from various corporations like FIRS,FRSC, EFCC, WAEC, JAMB, ICPC, PENCOM etc
and i dont think they will go a long way and come up with CRAP! like you said.
Now let me give you a scenario, you have a grandad who is retired and had his retirement fee paid directly to his NIN and can be able to withdraw his money with his National I.d card, how convenient....think about it

7 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by FrankC3: 1:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
redcliff: [size=30pt]An id card should be an id card. An atm should be an atm . This is crap[/size]

What do I call this? I guess the mere mention of Master Card suggests to you that it is the regular ATM card.

One of the biggest problem of the present generation of Nigerian youth is to somehow think that ONLY them know the problem, not the solution and so, whatever any other person out there is doing is wrong even before he/she starts. The above comment suggests that the poster does not even have time to understand what NIMC is doing, all he knows is that it is wrong, not matter what it is.

7 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
If they like they should launch, if they don't like they can scrap it. Getting my permanent voters card eased pains i have been nursing for over 4 years.
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
how bro? Will it serve the same function as atm card?

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by GoodFaith: 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
Firefire: Nigeria is becoming sophisticated.

Please keep our data secure.
Sorry
I am VERY SURE THAT NIGERIA SYSTEMS COULD BE HACK IN 45 MINUTES
If you put your mind and time into it
i AM SURE NON NIGERIANS CAN BUY THAT id FOR LESS THAN 100,000.00N

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by allanphash7(m): 1:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
is dis ATM card cos am seeing Mastercard on the card
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by deavicky(m): 1:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
shikshark:
The DG/CEO National Identity Management Commission, Barr. Chris Onyemenam, on behalf of management and entire staff of NIMC, wishes to announce the UNVEILING and LAUNCH of the National eID Card by the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

Date: Thursday, 28 August 2014
Venue: Banquet Hall, Aso Rock Presidential Villa
Time: 9:00 am

Invited Guests Are to be Seated by 8:15am Prompt.

https://www.facebook.com/nimc.ng/photos/a.679456472101616.1073741826.192729797440955/720203341360262/?type=1&permPage=1
how much they want
they sale am
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by udysweet(f): 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
shikshark:
if you register the old one between 2003-2011 then you will need to register a new one, but if you register like 2012 and above then you have registered the new one then all you need to do is to wait for modification phase to kick off.
By the way, the current one you have.....does it have NIN or personal number?
Many thanks for this info. I obtained mine in 2005. Meanwhile I have a personal number even though I don't get wat the NIN stands for

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by shikshark: 1:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
deavicky: how much they want
they sale am
registration is FREE!

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Mybettingtips(m): 1:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
I have a question. Since this Id card can serve dual functions wot will happen to the card if you slot it inside ATM machine and the useless seize ur card. Will you apply for a new one or burst the atm machine or the bank will get it for you?.....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by NEGZY(f): 1:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
Some pple and the way dey reason tho! smh!
Can't our govt be given a little accolade?
Always acting like d children of Israel in d days of the bible- murmuring all the time. Sure you would not offer anything better if you're put in that seat.
For those who don't know, Nigeria is not the first nation to have an ID like this , it's a good initiative as u dnt av to carry ur int'l passport everywhere you go cos it contains all your data. My only hope is that all data be kept safe and it won't be discontinued anytime soon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by achi4u(m): 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2014
Can the old one be transform to this new eID?
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by shikshark: 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
udysweet:
Many thanks for this info. I obtained mine in 2005. Meanwhile I have a personal number even though I don't get wat the NIN stands for
OK..if you have a personal number on it then definitely its the old one. visit any NIN (National Identification Number) enrollment centre close to you and register a new one or go to www.ninenrol.gov.ng to pre enroll and print the 2D barcode generated after you register and take it to enrolment centre.
be careful not to fold between the 2D bar code.
thank you

2 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by datguru: 1:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
Identity theft will increase
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
What I love most about this new ID system is that the NUMBER IS YOUR IDENTITY. Even without the ID card, all your biometrics can be retrieved with just your NUMBER.

Also, no matter how much you try, no individual can register twice, even if you change your name and do a face transplant (except of course you also do a finger transplant of all ten fingers).

However, what I'm sceptical about is the issue of making the ID card to also serve as a transaction card. I maybe wrong but it may appears as if too much is being loaded into the ID system.

But overall, NIMC has done very well. Ten gbosas for the management of NIMC!

8 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by john650(m): 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
deavicky: how much they want
they sale am
More like how much bribe do I have to pay to get one. Some useless government officials will turn it into another money making venture. Look at immigration.

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by henrinity(m): 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nice one..i hope they will start distributing it to those of us already registered after a long wait
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by achi4u(m): 1:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
codeworks: we keep on duplicating things in this country. We can really merge INEC, National ID, National Population etc together
Gbam: i dey ur back even the current voters card can do the job.
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by eddyland: 1:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
I cant wait to have it. I have been sensitizing people on how to go about registering for the new National Id without any hassle. If you have not done yours, quickly go here http://highteknology..com/2014/06/how-to-register-for-new-national.html and see the simple steps and requirement to simplify the whole registration process

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aisha Babangida Gets Gold Plated Customized Utensils As Gifts From Malivehood / Dasukigate: Probe Panel Summons 241 Firms Over Arms Scandal – FULL LIST HERE / Handover Of Agulu Lake Hotel To Golden Tulip By Anambra Governor Obiano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.