Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:57 AM

National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) (44530 Views)

Daar Communications Presents Card To Buhari (Photos) / Nigeria's First Indigenous Drone (being Build And Launched) / Anonymous Hacked Ferguson Police Servers And Launched A DDOS Attack! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
tonytony208:

i don't understand what you mean by "after how much and how long". I was at ilorin branch about a month or 2 ago to register mine and the reception was top class. The organization and registration process too were so un-Nigerian, if you know what i mean. So if they had spent huge money on it, i think it is justified. The id card is coming out about 2 months after its commencement. If you know the number of pple that registered, you will realize they need time to put things together.
Mr Man, the registration didn't start two months ago. In fact, I registered in that same Ilorin office like you February last year. You see? The guy was right. Don't be surprised if yours is not among.

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
why e id card? some one brot d fuvcking idea 2 make some money out of it, d only time govt will do outreach to pplz neighbourhood is during census, voters reg n national ID card reg, bt talk abt bringin constant power supply to d neighbourhoods, ko jorr, or talk abt bringing govt subsidized health care facilities to the people, another impossibility. Govt will neva invest in ventures that wont yield any returns for them.

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Forwetinnah: 7:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
Madu100t: The money spend during d first time in OBJ regime, wht was d outcome? Now u are seein GEJ work u are complaining. Lets think straight for once. This govt is a bit fair i must say.

No mind am joor..him dey find negative-likes from him fellow opposition supporters. E fly am this time pass the speed of light
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by arresa: 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
Is this a National ID Card?

Don't you mean VISA/MasterCard ATM Debit Card?

Imagine a common commercial bank having access to critical National/Your data. Get this card at your own risk.

Only in Nigeria..

2 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Btruth: 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
ITbomb: Finally, it seems Nigeria is ripe to fully be trusted in international commerce.
A solid ID database saves a lot of stress for international business

Still hoping that in the nearest future, Voters card, driving licence and National ID would be link to the same card
Yes, you are right. We need a big data bank. But first, we need permanent electricity supply.

2 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by rattlesnake(m): 8:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
smh smh
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by arresa: 8:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Before PDP hackers erased everyone's posts, I had previously spoken on this subject. This is what the Nigerian Govt shouldve done.

1. Issued a unique 9 digit number to every Nigerian from 18yrs of age. Only those from that age will have their fingerprints taken. The only reason fingerprints will be taken from anyone under 18yrs old is if they have a dependent(s)

2. There should be a 365 day deadline to request this number. After 365days the requirements to have this number issued to you become more stringent and the burden of proof to show birth in Nigeria instead of in Chad, Niger, Benin Rep., or Cameroon...or Pluto is on you.

3. Because it is imperative--- and for present proper identification, security and data reasons---fingerprints will be taken from adults and people with dependents But NOT from minors. In this way, the collation of fingerprints--- the very essence of your identity and who you are--- will be severely limited (for future reasons) as needed to only other legal reasons. I.e criminal investigations, background checks etc.

4. When an adult has all his vital info taken, his dependents are listed on the record under him and they are also issued unique identification numbers. Basically, in twenty yrs a random nobody cant come claiming to be someone's child when they weren't listed on the record in the past.

Nigeria should do a better job keeping people's biographic info and medical records safer.

In fact, they should have consulted Lagos state, LASRRA for some bio-metrics ID car lesson.

This is nothing but another money scheme cooked up by the same crooked and corrupt people. I mean, what's foreign banks got to do with such sensitive and private information?

This is a National ATM card scheme, nothing more...

2 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Boboedom: 8:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
Please did u guys pay money N300 to be registered? Am in Lagos and they are asking for money before registration and I don't what will happen when u now for the capturing.

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by arresa: 8:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
Such critical National date should in no way be associated with any form of payment system that's not ours or any payment system at all.

MasterCard belongs to America and in case of any fallout with the US government, payment transaction could be blocked as part of sanctions. Meaning no financial transaction anywhere in the world for Nigerians carrying the card ..also meaning your economy goes down the drain.

They did this to the Russians and VISA stopped honoring their cards in Russia. Ours is even worse because our entire population and national info is in their hands...

As Nigerians, we don't learn, we do things either foolishly, crookedly or incompetently.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by camanito(m): 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
codeworks: we keep on duplicating things in this country. We can really merge INEC, National ID, National Population etc together

You want to even reduce the little FG employment that we have in this country. You harsh ooo.

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by dnawah(m): 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
ITbomb: Finally, it seems Nigeria is ripe to fully be trusted in international commerce.
A solid ID database saves a lot of stress for international business

Still hoping that in the nearest future, Voters card, driving licence and National ID would be link to the same card
and ur ATM cards too grin

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by rakish(m): 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
So ashamed i dnt knw much about this. I have bin reading comments and am a bit enlightened. Need to know more.

2 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Thawarplay(m): 9:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
I dont blame anyone condeming this card cos most of them dont know anything about it. Because master card logo is on it doesnt mean it has thing to do with bank or any finnacial ish. Maybe Master card just help in getting them the database software and other things and they both agreed to put the logo on the card as the business deal
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by qleap2all(m): 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
Hmmm how many cards are we going to carry about;National I'd,Voters card,NHIS,Drivers licence,employee ID Credit cards ..... O gah o

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by lumeneng22: 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
Is it also an ATM card?
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by tonytony208(m): 9:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
enigmaotr:
Mr Man, the registration didn't start two months ago. In fact, I registered in that same Ilorin office like you February last year. You see? The guy was right. Don't be surprised if yours is not among.

we shall see sha
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by arresa: 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
Thawarplay: I dont blame anyone condeming this card cos most of them dont know anything about it. Because master card logo is on it doesnt mean it has thing to do with bank or any finnacial ish. Maybe Master card just help in getting them the database software and other things and they both agreed to put the logo on the card as the business deal

After saying other people don't know anything about the program, all you managed to come up with is maybe ? Maybe means you know nothing about what you are talking about.

As part of the program, in its first phase, Nigerians 16 years and older, and all residents in the country for more than two years, will get the new multipurpose identity card which has 13 applications including MasterCard's prepaid payment technology that will provide cardholders with the safety and reliability of electronic payments.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201305151074.html

It is a Mastercard payment system with mastercard holding on to all your vital info...

4 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
______
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by arresa: 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
BadBoy25: illiterate animals!! there's nothing wrong with having a national Identification database.

No assertion was made that there's anything wrong with having a national identification database.

Obviously, you sound like the can't read and comprehend illiterate animal...

2 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
______
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
Thawarplay: I dont blame anyone condeming this card cos most of them dont know anything about it. Because master card logo is on it doesnt mean it has thing to do with bank or any finnacial ish. Maybe Master card just help in getting them the database software and other things and they both agreed to put the logo on the card as the business deal
In life just because an idea pops up in your head doesn't mean you should spill it out, especially if uve got no idea what you're talking about.
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by arresa: 10:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
BadBoy25: I wish i could see you face to face to knock you out like a hurricane ,and then call the paramedics after giving you the beating of your life . I want you to surrender and beg me to stop biitch!! your humiliation is my pleasure .

Stay away from drugs son..

2 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
_____
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by chichriso: 11:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by tomakint: 11:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
.....and some clowns will have the effrontery to tell me that Jonathan is not working undecided so what do we call this wonderful innovation? Great thanks to the good people especially the management of NIMC

4 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by arresa: 12:31am On Aug 28, 2014
tomakint: .....and some clowns will have the effrontery to tell me that Jonathan is not working undecided so what do we call this wonderful innovation? Great thanks to the good people especially the management of NIMC

Selling off your rights, sovereignty and national data to foreign banks is a lot of work alright...lmao...

Like they say, little things bug shallow minds.

2 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by udysweet(f): 12:32am On Aug 28, 2014
shikshark:
OK..if you have a personal number on it then definitely its the old one. visit any NIN (National Identification Number) enrollment centre close to you and register a new one or go to www.ninenrol.gov.ng to pre enroll and print the 2D barcode generated after you register and take it to enrolment centre.
be careful not to fold between the 2D bar code.
thank you
God bless you!
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 28, 2014
The Anti- Christ comes, and armaggedon gets nearer..... And none shall buy and sell without the mark of the beast, what better way to male that policy work other than all your info tied to a card controlled by the govt.

The Bible truly is real.....

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by donttouch: 2:05am On Aug 28, 2014
pimplucious: The future of 170 million Nigerias sold to matercard? Smh

No wonder upstair no dey ur village.And anyone wey dey progress una go kill am.

*WICKED son of a WITCH*

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by goksongold(m): 5:06am On Aug 28, 2014
I was among the first set that applied for it n I hope the purpose for which it was initiated will be actualise, is being used in developed countries n is working great, forestalling crime at the highest level is one out of the numerous benefits.
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by donttouch: 5:49am On Aug 28, 2014
redcliff: [size=30pt]An id card should be an id card. An atm should be an atm . This is crap[/size]

Na envy dey kill u.

#OLODO

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ekiti APC Lawmakers Discontinue Suit Against Fayose / Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg / Photos From Hanan Buhari's Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.