Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) (44459 Views)

Daar Communications Presents Card To Buhari (Photos) / Nigeria's First Indigenous Drone (being Build And Launched) / Anonymous Hacked Ferguson Police Servers And Launched A DDOS Attack! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by luluosas(m): 1:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
Is the card ATM compliance? Can I link my bank account(s) to it so that I can be able to use it to make transaction on ATM machines without the use of conventional bank ATM cards. No laugh me ooooooooooooooooo. I just wan learn small thing for here. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Madu100t(m): 1:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
The money spend during d first time in OBJ regime, wht was d outcome? Now u are seein GEJ work u are complaining. Lets think straight for once. This govt is a bit fair i must say.
Gboliwe: So, the DG thinks he has done a good job? After how much and how long? SMH. Too much mumu people in this country.

So, I can go and get my temporary Id changed anytime from next month? Hopefully, it will work out.

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Aleshyto(m): 1:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
how do i register?
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by room089: 1:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
Thumbs up to our FG grin

Hope FG won't condemn this I.D. Card in few years time?
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by faithboi: 1:57pm On Aug 27, 2014
tonytony208:

visit their office for a new one.
I live in lagos....please,where can I locate their office?
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by heatmeup(f): 1:57pm On Aug 27, 2014
Gboliwe:

Do you know what the word "lamentation" means? Abi you just feel like using it?
aren't you lamenting? or should we say RANTNG
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 27, 2014
codeworks: we keep on duplicating things in this country. We can really merge INEC, National ID, National Population etc together
That is what NIMC is now trying to do. When the NIMC identity system gain some traction, all other biometrics collected by different MDAs and organisations will be collapsed into the NIMC identity system. That is the goal.

Meanwhile, this harmonization ought to have been done 3 decades ago but that cannot be the fault of those currently in power.

3 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Krak(m): 1:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
I hope to get mine soon.

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by bastien: 2:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
tonytony208:

i don't understand what you mean by "after how much and how long". I was at ilorin branch about a month or 2 ago to register mine and the reception was top class. The organization and registration process too were so un-Nigerian, if you know what i mean. So if they had spent huge money on it, i think it is justified. The id card is coming out about 2 months after its commencement. If you know the number of pple that registered, you will realize they need time to put things together.
pls How can I register, I'm in lag
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
MyIncorp: It looks promising
promisingin a nation where they are so quick to abandon a project as soon as a new Govt gets in?I thought there was a national ID project a while back during the the IBB era,I might be wrong but I do remember while growing up of a national ID scheme that was abandoned as soon as a new Govt came in...Commendable effort if it doesnt get abandoned

2 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by omoredia: 2:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
#$%

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
Won't those APC guys discontinue this when they get into power in 2027? grin
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Revolva(m): 2:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
Which one I register for nims ikeja months ago...wey dem never call me..to come collect my I'd if na d card be dis one love to naija oo dis is dope
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
achi4u: Gbam: i dey ur back even the current voters card can do the job.
The INEC system CANNOT do the job because it is subject to abuse by duplication. Under the INEC system, I can register in Anambra and also Lagos. Even in Anambra, I can register twice under the INEC system.

But that is IMPOSSIBLE with the NIMC identity system. Under NIMC, if you register once, you've been registered FOR LIFE, ie till death.

4 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by samplegirl(f): 2:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
Yungwizzzy: Is that GEJ on the card!!

No, your daddy!!

2 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Gboliwe: 2:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
Madu100t: The money spend during d first time in OBJ regime, wht was d outcome? Now u are seein GEJ work u are complaining. Lets think straight for once. This govt is a bit fair i must say.

Who is talking about GEJ's government? And, the outcome of the previous one was a plastic card few weeks after registration.

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Gboliwe: 2:08pm On Aug 27, 2014
dada01:

Helo, after reading your post I searched the whole dictionary to describe you.
Fortunately I found one, guess what;

Pessimistic: that what u rep

Great! You have the time and zeal to search an entire dictionary. You are awesome and sorry, jobless.

Keep searching since you have the time, I am sure more words will come up
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Gboliwe: 2:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
tonytony208:

i don't understand what you mean by "after how much and how long". I was at ilorin branch about a month or 2 ago to register mine and the reception was top class. The organization and registration process too were so un-Nigerian, if you know what i mean. So if they had spent huge money on it, i think it is justified. The id card is coming out about 2 months after its commencement. If you know the number of pple that registered, you will realize they need time to put things together.

I registered mine 21st February 2013. Today is 27th August 2014, about a year and 6mths later I still don't have the said card. Do you get it now? You won't even want to know how much I have spent in time, energy and money to get this.

2 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by bastien: 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
Krak: I hope to get mine soon.
abeg How u take register? Where in lag,agege, ikeja or oshodi can I apply... thanks
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by einsteino(m): 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
i laugh at those who dare fund the accts that would be tied to the id. it will be so easy to get defrauded, cos anyone who has a database of scanned ids that may have been submitted during application of any sort, would have access to your funds. odi kwa very risky

2 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Gboliwe: 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
shikshark:
yes baba iyabo (sunday afolabi) gave it out on time but there was no National database where the data was stored back then, the whole process was messed up and had all the characteristic of negligence" Government work is not my papa work"
But this new system has a server developed called CIDR (Central Identity registry) which is located at the headquarters where every citizen data is stored on security infrastructure with ISO 27001 and ICAO 9303 compliance.
trust me, this new Identity system is going to work in Nigeria, it has work in lesser nations and it is going to work for us.
At least God will not come down Himself to help us......God bless Nigeria, God bless the whole world

I don't contend its relevance but we have spent too much money and time on this.
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Vado(m): 2:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
I've lost the temporary one I was given sef. sad
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by shikshark: 2:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
Vado: I've lost the temporary one I was given sef. sad
you were supposed to be given two slips.
1. tracking slip
2. NIN slip
you can still get your card by providing any of the above slips

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by MyIncorp: 2:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
milehigh06:
promisingin a nation where they are so quick to abandon a project as soon as a new Govt gets in?I thought there was a national ID project a while back during the the IBB era,I might be wrong but I do remember while growing up of a national ID scheme that was abandoned as soon as a new Govt came in...Commendable effort if it doesnt get abandoned

Yes, I agree wih you.

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Vado(m): 2:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
shikshark:
you were supposed to be given two slips.
1. tracking slip
2. NIN slip
you can still get your card by providing any of the above slips

I was given just the NIN slip bruh and that was what I lost somehow. I hope there's a way around it regardless, just like the option for those who didn't have their TVC any longer in last week voter's card exercise.
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by dragkibaba(m): 2:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
:-XMake dem no come use money dey issue am...I no get shi shi
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by eye2sabi(m): 2:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
einsteino: i laugh at those who dare fund the accts that would be tied to the id. it will be so easy to get defrauded, cos anyone who has a database of scanned ids that may have been submitted during application of any sort, would have access to your funds. odi kwa very risky

guy nawa 4u o... how can you be reasoning like this at this time of the year na
why do we have passwords ? abi will the password b on the scanned IDs submitted during application too? if you still feel hackers can still find a way to defraud the card holders then you must know that your present ATM card is also very vulnerable to desperate fraudsters. so please say good things about our (Nigeria) efforts for once and stop being an antagonist.

3 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by sebang(m): 2:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
Thank God! atlast the National ID is out. Banquet Hall beside my office, sure to collect mine asap

2 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by dada01(m): 2:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
Gboliwe:

Great! You have the time and zeal to search an entire dictionary. You are awesome and sorry, jobless.

Keep searching since you have the time, I am sure more words will come up

You could keep smoking weeds and posting SHIT iz none of my BIZ although, but issues that concern Naija development, if u don't know wat to post please just off your data.

OK
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Missy89(f): 2:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
This would put all the personal/financial information of most Nigerians in the hands of a foreign company. which would be stored overseas.

Would not touch that plastic with a 10 foot pole

Each state should produce their own form of ID and national cards should be reserved for civil servants working with the Federal govt. or any agency that cut thru different states

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by JackDaniels1: 3:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
@mybettingtips The only reason your ATM is always held by the bank is because there is no form of Identification on the Card but the New eID has your photograph on it so nobody can claim it except the owner.
We should learn to appreciate ppl that are making things work in this present country.
I want to tell your that the database is very secure and the Commission has complied with all the international standards and best practices.
NIMC is ISO 27001 CERTIFIED in information Security System.

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Jummeee(f): 3:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
Please nlanders in PH help. Where exactly in Aba Road Port Harcourt is No. 238? Is the process still ongoing? I didn't hear anything about it till recently.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dasukigate: Probe Panel Summons 241 Firms Over Arms Scandal – FULL LIST HERE / UK Police Arrests Raymond Dokpesi At Heathrow Airport / Police Officers Cry As They Are Deployed To Stop Protesting Oby Ozekwesili, BBOG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.