Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland (12066 Views)

Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland / Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by maestroferddi: 2:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
chukwudi44: Just for the fact that someone is in Ochanja or main market does not meab he/she is an illiterate.Don't be suprised that over half of the people in those markets are graduates.Besides what is wrong with the "oga and nwa boi" syndrome for those who cannot afford tertiary education? Would you have preffered they go into robbery?
You are getting it completely wrong.

There is no how I will villify business. I also do business and even eulogise the practice of serving a master and getting settled later.

Nevertheless, Anambra people should get a handle of their senseless boasting. To most of them, the measure of success is owning a business at Onitsha market and Nnewi. The moment another Igboman does not have a shop at main market, they are branded as lazy. If they do own, they are deemed as interlopers.
Imagine some people coming to brag that Onitsha is feeding most of Imo people!

But some of these funny elements forgot
that Aba that used to be part of Imo State is accommodating Igbos from all shades. Imo people are major players in Aba markets but you don't get to see them using it to denigrate other Igbos as less industrious as our Anambra people are wont to do.
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by maestroferddi: 2:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
peppyluv02: He is fighting for Rochas and APC not Imo as a whole.

You see your life? Go through my comments and you will see that I am among Rochas' most strident critics.

But then that should not mean that I should allow my dislike for APC to becloud salient issues Rochas is trying to correct in Igboland.
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by maestroferddi: 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
peppyluv02: Now you have been put in your place and you are looking for constuctive argument. Go and sit down and continue with your yahoo business. Ezi.
When you called Anambra people ochanja and mainmarket oga and nwa boy traders you never saw it as an insult.
I didn't call your women prostitutes but if you feel so then so be it.
Keep waiting for an 'educated' Anambra man or women to argue with you when you reek of insecurity, jealousy and pride but I sure cut your wings.

Nkakwu!

How is my fault that you are encumbered by poor comprehension skills?

Why I should be bothered that when one wants to draw an inference using an example, you begin to feel that your academic integrity is being called to question?

You boast with you aptitude and expect another person not to emphasise their own comparative advantage. Is your name j.o.k.e?

As for your careless use of expletives, I leave you to your devices.

Just ensure that you don't learn the hardway...
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by maestroferddi: 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
TabletMan: What Nonsense are you typing?
You are the one that started this nonsense and now you're going on defensive.
When people are shouting abariba even those who are not from the village, who question them or call them chest beaters?
If u don't want to blow ur trumpet, why don't u leave those who wanna blow their own?
And what has Anambra got to do with Rochas?

Peppylove pls edit and delete most of ur comments,
Its not good and appealing to the eyes that read it.
I am afraid you are not adding up.

I expected you to take the learning points from the slant of my arguments and not default to group thinking.

There is something called modesty in where I come from.

It is not my cup of tea if it pleases you to convert your chest to either of a drum, a cymbal or a sounding board.

The wahala will emanate when you begin to disturb me with the noise of your chest-originated sound.

When comments get made to imply that Anambra people are exclusively endowed bar other Igbo people, the likes of me will call such comments to task.

I am sorry if the foregoing hurts your pride...
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by ketoprofen(m): 2:56pm On Aug 30, 2014
peppyluv02: Teacher: musa how many states are in the south east?
Musa: Anambra and others...

(If e pain you,pls go and die)

Maestroferddi,you are only speaking English but you are just a noise maker and a hater!
Imo fighting for emancipation for Igbos? Lol story for olympus. If Biafra will begin with uwazurike then God forbid biafra!!

Now let me tell you that you are seen as nothing but sabotuers in Igboland! You are the ones who are always romancing the yorubas and northerners. And I am not judging just from APC or whatever but from the attitude of a typical Imo man or woman. I live with them,have them as friends and inlaw so I know what I am saying and so does everyone.
Your posts alone shows it, look at how you turned it into a state bashing thread all because of jealousy! What right do you have to stop anyone who sings praises of their state or town?

If you meet an Igbo man who isn't proud of speaking Igbo in public,he is an Imo man!Ndi ala wu otu that is why your sisters are readily available for any thing with a third leg even a fulani man. You are so educated but your marriage custom reeks of greed and insecurity. Selling off your girls to the highest bidder and almost leaving your inlaw bankrupt!

Great Zik of Africa, Chinua Achebe, Okigbo brothers,Dim Ojukwu,philip Emeagwali,prof Dora Akunyili, Sir Emeka Anyaoku, Chimamanda Adichie, prof Nwafor Orizu(Ist senate president), prof PN Okeke (author of the popular physics textbook), prof Chike Obi,francis Cardinal Arinze etc
Pls list those your Imo men that have climbed everest, I am ready to know and learn.

You classify us as the main market and ochanja traders meanwhile those markets are filled with people from different tribes and countries,who come to distribute or buy goods. 80% of Anambra business men are literates and graduates. Some learn trade after secondary school by 22 when they get settled they go into school. A typical Igbo man is a gifted business man especially the Anambarians. Most Richest men in the world are they not business men? Must everyone be in the civil service or work for someone? You classification shows how daft you are.
Coscharis and Innoson are they not educated but still business men?
Everyone must not go to a tertiary institution but its proper for everyone to be literate! I'm sure you don't even know the difference between being literate and educated.
Are most of your boys not into yahoo even you! Rochas have been classified by most of your people as a fraudster. Empty vessel making the loudest noise and selling off his birth right all for power. IMSU is being classified as a school for sorting(paying lecturers to pass and buying a lecturers book for marks!) and prostitution!

Jealousy kills and i don't care if you let it eat you up!
I can see you want to turn this thread to something else and be sure I'm so ready for you. Nonsense! Efulefu that doesn't know the road to his father's house calling himself an Igbo man. Mtchewwwwww

My friend, go and sit down. u know nothing about imo people.
What is ANSU known for?
Abia and imo people are the best when it comes to Igbo cultural preservation..
From language Am not from anambra and imo but ur posts are full of rubbish.
The guy wasn't a saint but u just talked rubbish n incited hatred for ur people
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 30, 2014
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by ketoprofen(m): 4:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
peppyluv02: Go and sit inside the dustbin! !diot!
Fool you didn't see him call us mainmarket and ochanja nwaboy and oga traders.
Incite hatred? Na today? You people are always beefing! So fvck you and whatever you think!

That's y I said he wasnt a saint .
And who are the 'you people '?. The manner of your response shows u lack etiquette.
Imo and abia conserve Igbo culture better, that what I came to correct, u can fume as much as u like.
Am not imolite.
Also, tell me what ansu is known for .
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by ketoprofen(m): 4:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
TabletMan:
Peppylove pls edit and delete most of ur comments,
Its not good and appealing to the eyes that read it.
Thank you very much. They weren't pleasing to my eyes that's why I told her.
Instead, names like idiot started emanating from her
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by TabletMan: 4:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
maestroferddi: I am afraid you are not adding up.

I expected you to take the learning points from the slant of my arguments and not default to group thinking.

There is something called modesty in where I come from.

It is not my cup of tea if it pleases you to convert your chest to either of a drum, a cymbal or a sounding board.

The wahala will emanate when you begin to disturb me with the noise of your chest-originated sound.

When comments get made to imply that Anambra people are exclusively endowed bar other Igbo people, the likes of me will call such comments to task.

I am sorry if the foregoing hurts your pride...
Hurts my pride? ... Lol, u must be sleeping on a moving bicycle.
Read your first comment on this thread and tell me if u want to call the person to order.
You would have not include imo state in your first comment if u wanna sound neutral.

And if u don't like others beating their drum, just go and drink rat poison cos everybody must not behave how you like them to behave.

Btw the Op is from your state, he created this topic for people to beat their drum or drum for others, but you're taking it to a different dimension.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
And since you are blessed with the perfect comprehension skills and your are a grammarian what have you achieved in your miserable life?
I've met your type so many times. You remind me of the useless woman from your place whom I met sometime in ABC bus. From Lagos to Abuja all she was did was make mockery of Anambra people,calling our men traders and saying our women hussle like men. Said 80% of Anambarians are illiterates. Kept bragging about how posh and educated her people are. Nsukka and Ebonyi were not left out in her mockery. That was during the lenten period so I controlled myself and the two Igbo men who sat close to me begged me to ignore her because if I did,I will insult her. All the other tribes were laughing and enjoying her jokes. It wasn't funny but we ignored her. She isn't the first nor last and here you are doing the same thing.
Keep speaking your grammar as it is a very big achievement to you.Useless broke as5!

maestroferddi: How is my fault that you are encumbered by poor comprehension skills?

Why I should be bothered that when one wants to draw an inference using an example, you begin to feel that your academic integrity is being called to question?

You boast with you aptitude and expect another person not to emphasise their own comparative advantage. Is your name j.o.k.e?

As for your careless use of expletives, I leave you to your devices.

Just ensure that you don't learn the hardway...

1 Like

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 30, 2014
@ Tabletman, I will but tell that useless old man to edit his and stop insulting Anambra people.
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by maestroferddi: 5:13pm On Aug 30, 2014
TabletMan: Hurts my pride? ... Lol, u must be sleeping on a moving bicycle.
Read your first comment on this thread and tell me if u want to call the person to order.
You would have not include imo state in your first comment if u wanna sound neutral.

And if u don't like others beating their drum, just go and drink rat poison cos everybody must not behave how you like them to behave.

Btw the Op is from your state, he created this topic for people to beat their drum or drum for others, but you're taking it to a different dimension.

Thank you.
Keep mum. You are talking arrant nonsense.

Why should an Anambra person have issues when a corresponding claim about the merits of another section of Igboland is made?

Doesn't that tell you that you guys believe that everything good about the Igbos must have originated from you guys.

Please spare me the patronising bull.
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by TabletMan: 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
peppyluv02: @ Tabletman, I will but tell that useless old man to edit his and stop insulting Anambra people.
Abeg, u don't have to wait for him to edit his own before u edit yours.
Can't u see he sneak into this thread to cause trouble?
Please you have to edit your posts and let peace reign.
Ignore him even if he don't wanna quit.
I take God beg you.

1 Like

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by ketoprofen(m): 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
peppyluv02: And since you are blessed with the perfect comprehension skills and your are a grammarian what have you achieved in your miserable life?
I've met your type so many times. You remind me of the useless woman from your place whom I met sometime in ABC bus. From Lagos to Abuja all she was did was make mockery of Anambra people,calling our men traders and saying our women hussle like men. Said 80% of Anambarians are illiterates. Kept bragging about how posh and educated her people are. Nsukka and Ebonyi were not left out in her mockery. That was during the lenten period so I controlled myself and the two Igbo men who sat close to me begged me to ignore her because if I did,I will insult her. All the other tribes were laughing and enjoying her jokes. It wasn't funny but we ignored her. She isn't the first nor last and here you are doing the same thing.
Keep speaking your grammar as it is a very big achievement to you.Useless broke as5!

that was very bad of the stupid woman sha

1 Like

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 30, 2014
Insecured fool. When did any Anambra man claim someone's glory?

maestroferddi: Keep mum. You are talking arrant nonsense.

Why should an Anambra person when a corresponding claim about the merits of another section Igboland?

Doesn't that tell you that you guys believe that everything good about the Igbos must have originated from you guys.

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by maestroferddi: 5:22pm On Aug 30, 2014
peppyluv02: And since you are blessed with the perfect comprehension skills and your are a grammarian what have you achieved in your miserable life?

I will not bandy words with you. It is your call either to bridle your pride and vanity or continue with your obnoxious attitudes.

...You were on Lent or you lent away your conscience?

It is highly unthinkable that an average Imo woman would insult you without provocation. It is not just our way.

You must have displayed the childish attitude you are showing here. It is very probable that the woman reacted to your senseless pride.

We don't go out of our way to court trouble but would match you wit with wit when you begin to take us for granted.
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 30, 2014
I have. Thou I've put him in his place,he can keep up with his grammar since that is all he achieved in his miserable life.Thank you.

TabletMan: Abeg, u don't have to wait for him to edit his own before u edit yours.
Can't u see he sneak into this thread to cause trouble?
Please you have to edit your posts and let peace reign.
Ignore him even if he don't wanna quit.
I take God beg you.
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by TabletMan: 5:24pm On Aug 30, 2014
maestroferddi: Keep mum. You are talking arrant nonsense.

Why should an Anambra person when a corresponding claim about the merits of another section Igboland?

Rubbish.
Just because someone from anambra include a town from your state out of ignorance, is that why you're angry? Lol... Ndo oh.

The person even apologized for her misdeed but you're still boiling like a hot pap.
You're now changing the goal post just to suit yourself on how you spoiled a good thread.

Abeg spare me your emotional epistle.

1 Like

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by maestroferddi: 5:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
ketoprofen:

that was very bad of the stupid woman sha
And you believed her akuko na egwu! SMHH.
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 30, 2014
Lol ..indeed she couldn't have insulted us without provocation. A shameless woman who didn't know when she said her daughter haven't gone back to school in the US because she was on summer break! Summer in march Lol

maestroferddi: I will not bandy words with you. It is your call to bridle your pride and vanity or continue with your obnoxious attitudes.

...You were on Lent or you lent away your conscience?

It is highly unthinkable that an average Imo woman would insult you without provocation. It is not our way.

You must have displayed the childish attitude you are showing here. It is very probable that the woman reacted to your senseless pride.

We don't go out of our way to court trouble but would match you wit with wit when you begin to take us for granted.
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 30, 2014
Sorry if I insulted you. The fool wasn't making sense and clearly a trouble maker. Edit your quotes, I'll do same to mine.

ketoprofen:
Thank you very much. They weren't pleasing to my eyes that's why I told her.
Instead, names like idiot started emanating from her
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by ketoprofen(m): 5:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
maestroferddi: And you believed her akuko na egwu! SMHH.

My own is that all parts of igboland have in one way or other brought glory to it and at the same time denigration .
I have seen anambra ppl denigrate imo and everyother group sef while I have seen imo peepz do same to anambra.
We all shouldn't keep doing this.
Imo and anambra peepz are progressive people, both in education, business, technologies, etc.
What I really will like is for more investments to be brought home to imo state esp ones not in SE like zinox, the pharmaceuticals, nollywood, etc, which imo people seem to dominate .
Anambrarians should become less uncouth in making utterances that can divide us, am talking of real life experiences; at the same time seeing what other Igbo groups have achieved before bashing them.
Anambra people are powerful too.
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 30, 2014
I never wished for the exchange of words. I was only viewing and enjoying the thread until I saw his posts: calling us ochanja and main market traders with no achievements..was that called for? And I am serious when I say he isn't the first Imo person I'v come across insulting Anambarians.
Why will he attack a girl who was screaming proudly Anambra?
What stops him from screaming proudly Imo?
Nobody has monoply of insults,just wanted to prove that to him and I did.

ketoprofen:

My own is that all parts of igboland have in one way or other brought glory to it and at the same time denigration .
I have seen anambra ppl denigrate imo and everyother group sef while I have seen imo peepz do same to anambra.
We all shouldn't keep doing this.
Imo and anambra peepz are progressive people, both in education, business, technologies, etc.
What I really will like is for more investments to be brought home to imo state esp ones not in SE like zinox, the pharmaceuticals, nollywood, etc, which imo people seem to dominate .
Anambrarians should become less uncouth in making utterances that can divide us, am talking of real life experiences; at the same time seeing what other Igbo groups have achieved before bashing them.
Anambra people are powerful too.
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by ketoprofen(m): 6:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
peppyluv02: I never wished for the exchange of words. I was only viewing and enjoying the thread until I saw his posts: calling us ochanja and main market traders with no achievements..was that called for? And I am serious when I say he isn't the first Imo person I'v come across insulting Anambarians.
Why will he attack a girl who was screaming proudly Anambra?
What stops him from screaming proudly Imo?
Nobody has monoply of insults,just wanted to prove that to him and I did.

ok
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by ChinonsoDike2: 6:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
Ibo people fighting each other.
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by maestroferddi: 6:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
peppyluv02: @ Tabletman, I will but tell that useless old man to edit his and stop insulting Anambra people.
Make e dey pepper you dey go.

Next time, you shall learn to be putting Imo State, her people and respect in one sentence.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 30, 2014
Pepper me? Lol
I started quoting you when I saw you dying of jealousy because of Anambra people's success.
Shameless old man. You don't know the road to the east so stop calling yourself Igbo.

maestroferddi: Make e dey pepper you dey go.

Next time, you shall learn to be putting Imo State and her people in one sentence.
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by maestroferddi: 6:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
peppyluv02: I have. Thou I've put him in his place,he can keep up with his grammar since that is all he achieved in his miserable life.Thank you.

Madam, you are not smart, jokes apart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by maestroferddi: 6:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
peppyluv02: Pepper me? Lol
I started quoting you when I saw you dying of jealousy because of Anambra people's success.
Shameless old man.

Make you dey dry up dey go.

Next year another Imo delectable, well groomed and cultured lady will again come to national limelight while you are still sticking with your "ekwy" beefs.

Kwuru otu ebe na-akogheri...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by maestroferddi: 6:59pm On Aug 30, 2014
peppyluv02: Lol ..indeed she couldn't have insulted us without provocation. A shameless woman who didn't know when she said her daughter haven't gone back to school in the US because she was on summer break! Summer in march Lol

Na who go confirm? You need to tell what you said on your own part.

Maybe you were telling them that you jilted Obama and similar tales. Abi will that be beside you with way you are running your mouth tatatatata here?

Abeg make we hear word ojare.
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by maestroferddi: 7:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
TabletMan: Rubbish.
Just because someone from anambra include a town from your state out of ignorance, is that why you're angry? Lol... Ndo oh.

The person even apologized for her misdeed but you're still boiling like a hot pap.
You're now changing the goal post just to suit yourself on how you spoiled a good thread.

Abeg spare me your emotional epistle.
Nwokem gbara ogwu nujuo afo.

Tell your peeps to desist from erecting a tower of vanity on the bones of Imo people.

We no send una work...
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by TabletMan: 7:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
maestroferddi: Nwokem gbara ogwu nujuo afo.

Tell your peeps to desist from erecting a tower of vanity on the bones of Imo people.

We no send una work...
Ok Bro,
We are sorry on her behalf.

But next time try and calculate what's on ground before u launch an attack. Cos one of your kinsmen made use of anambra and imo but i or any other person from anambra didn't go on offensive becos its just a harmless comment.

Anyways, sorry for any inconveniences

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stolen Benin City Mask To Be Auctioned In London For N1.25b / Glitz, Glamour Of Isinro Festival In Oke-ila / Negritos(small NEGROS) Found As Natives In Asia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.