Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? (3378 Views)

Islam And Obedience To Leaders / Boy Or Girl Child, Which Is Better? - An Islamic Perspective / The Girl Who Turned Into A Monkeyafter She Threw The Holy Quran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by golpen(m): 11:03am On Aug 31, 2014
cloudstar:

You have comprehension problems. Do bishops wear their robes when they go to work or when they take their kids to school? Do reverends wear their robes outside the church?

The average Muslim dress like an Arabian, has a name like an Arabian, even learns Arabic and has to travel to Mecca to get any kind of closure.

I don't need to argue with you any further, so you don't disappoint me more. tell me how many clothes the iya adura in your area have other than her white garment. tell me how many times you've seen her little dada remove that cap from her head.

so you mean bishops and evangelists don't wear this collars to formal gatherings? the reverend fathers and the white gowns? you must be joking.

tell that to another person, not me who grew up in a xtian world.

1 Like

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by true2god: 11:41am On Aug 31, 2014
golpen:

true2goodu! grin stop blabbering

what age boundary does your bible give for your women to be eligible for marriage?

which verse of the bible asks you not to be a paedophile?

where in your bible did GOD speak and asked you to marry only one wife?

what does your bible say regarding the will and inheritance?

all concerning these above and so many others have been outlined for muslims in their religion. we don't need western ideologies.

you think that aspect of culture is unreasonable, well that's youe opinion. islam supports it because of people like the gypsies who have that practice as part of their culture. someone who thinks it normal to marry marry at that age will also thunk you are unreasonable bringing up this argument.

and ny friend, you don't need to lie to make an argument...where in the hadith did you find sex slaves? its in your blood anyway!
You seem not to get it, you always use the word 'culture' to sanction immorality and barbarism. If a culture is against common-sense and civility, it should be discarded.

I have problems with some part of Igbo culture (where I come from) that has to do with movement restriction during a festival period. All women and some men (who do not belong to ekpe or obong cult) are meant to stay indoor during the festival. This restrictions was later challenged by the christian community hence the restrictions was stopped.

Islam and arab culture go hand-in-hand. 90% of hadith was based on the life of mohammed vis-a-vis arabian culture. If arabia culture permits a 54 year old man sleeping with a 9 yrear old girl, that does not make it cool just because islamic prophet did it. It is child abuse, either then or now. Stealing, raping, murder etc are still bad either then or now.

Stop using culture to justify the evils of your prophet.

3 Likes

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by golpen(m): 12:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
true2god: You seem not to get it, you always use the word 'culture' to sanction immorality and barbarism. If a culture is against common-sense and civility, it should be discarded.

I have problems with some part of Igbo culture (where I come from) that has to do with movement restriction during a festival period. All women and some men (who do not belong to ekpe or obong cult) are meant to stay indoor during the festival. This restrictions was later challenged by the christian community hence the restrictions was stopped.

Islam and arab culture go hand-in-hand. 90% of hadith was based on the life of mohammed vis-a-vis arabian culture. If arabia culture permits a 54 year old man sleeping with a 9 yrear old girl, that does not make it cool just because islamic prophet did it. It is child abuse, either then or now. Stealing, raping, murder etc are still bad either then or now.

Stop using culture to justify the evils of your prophet.

all you are pouring out of your mind is mere hatred...ko de kan aye!

I asked you for about four proofs, you failed to produce one and you're still here ranting rubbish grin

you know how to cook up lies and manipulate stories. show me where he says that prophet Muhammed s.a w slept with his beloved lady Aishah r.a at age 9. where did you get that from? ia that what your xtianity teaxh you? to frame stories?

well, lies has always been the four legs of your xtianity so I'm not surprised you're displaying it here.

you are even low. mixing arab culture with Islam, when majority of arab culture before Islam was filled with ignorance. if arabia culture permits it during that time as so as some other cultures, who practise it in the real sense and islam does not go against it, then let them practice it. islam does not force you and me who think it is not practicable in this part of rhe world to practise it.

for me, being a muslim, I practise my culture as acceptable by my religion. your religion does not have that basis, so you run to western ideologies tor help.

3 Likes

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by AbdH: 7:19am On Sep 01, 2014
cloudstar:

What should I call it?

Think of something.
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by cloudstar: 1:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
AbdH:

Think of something.

It was your idea grin
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by macof(m): 4:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
golpen:

all you are pouring out of your mind is mere hatred...ko de kan aye!

I asked you for about four proofs, you failed to produce one and you're still here ranting rubbish grin

you know how to cook up lies and manipulate stories. show me where he says that prophet Muhammed s.a w slept with his beloved lady Aishah r.a at age 9. where did you get that from? ia that what your xtianity teaxh you? to frame stories?

well, lies has always been the four legs of your xtianity so I'm not surprised you're displaying it here.

you are even low. mixing arab culture with Islam, when majority of arab culture before Islam was filled with ignorance. if arabia culture permits it during that time as so as some other cultures, who practise it in the real sense and islam does not go against it, then let them practice it. islam does not force you and me who think it is not practicable in this part of rhe world to practise it.

for me, being a muslim, I practise my culture as acceptable by my religion. your religion does not have that basis, so you run to western ideologies tor help.

I can tell you based on experience that it's impossible to practice your culture and a foreign religion at the same time
One must be severed for the other

2 Likes

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by AbdH: 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2014
cloudstar:

It was your idea grin

cheesy But you know that I can't create such topic.
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by cloudstar: 7:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
AbdH:

cheesy But you know that I can't create such topic.

It depends what the title is? grin
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by true2god: 8:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
@ muslims, how does islam handle female r@pe victims?
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by golpen(m): 9:11pm On Sep 02, 2014
macof:

I can tell you based on experience that it's impossible to practice your culture and a foreign religion at the same time
One must be severed for the other

let's hear your say on another thread... this yhread is for a different subject . thanks.
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by golpen(m): 9:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
true2god: @ muslims, how does islam handle female r@pe victims?

female rape victims? explain or expansiate. is it d female ni or the rapist?
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by AbdH: 7:22am On Sep 03, 2014
cloudstar:

It depends what the title is? grin

cheesy I just realised that you have never created a topic since you joined the forum. Anyway, I won't start a defensive thread on your account, you'll feast on it but if you look at it critically, you'll see that it's about the deen and not the people (Arabs).

You can make the title simple and inoffensive and maybe the mods will leave it. wink
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by AbdH: 7:24am On Sep 03, 2014
golpen:

let's hear your say on another thread... this yhread is for a different subject . thanks.

Don't mind the man. He likes derailing threads.
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by eyeopener: 3:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
AlBaqir:

If you check the page of your history well, you will find out that Ibn Hisham and Ibn Sa'd were first Islamic historian. al-Bukhari, who was not an historian per se but a Muhadith (collector of hadith), came later. So I wonder what was Bukhari's inference with Historical record and calculation.

There are lots of Historical references in Sahih al-Bukhari that are mathematically wrong.

Ibn Hisham (d. 212AH)
Ibn Sa'd (Birth 168AH - d. 230AH)

Al-Bukhari (birth 194AH - d. 256AH)

Interestingly ALL of them were SUNNI not SHIA.

Ibn Hisham in his ancient "Sirat Rasul" and Ibn Sa'd in his "Tabaqat al-kubra", maintained the age of Aisha mathematically to be 18 in 2nd Hijra. Later Historian like Tabari, Baladhuri, Ibn Athir et al also maintained the same.

Bukhari in his collection of hadith, Jami Sahih claimed it to be 6. Apart from his book Sahih, Bukhari too wrote another Historical book which does not politically into limelight as Jami sahih. Unfortunately, there are lots of contradictory reports between the two books of the same author.

Here's a modern superweight Salafi Scholar's opinion about Sahih al-Bukhari:
'Allamah al-Albani writes:

"But, whoever is in doubt concerning the verdicts I have given concerning some hadith (in Sahih al-Bukhari), let him refer to Fath al-Bari, and he will find there lots and lots of things (in Sahih al-Bukhari) which have been criticized by al-Hafiz Ahmad b. Hajar al-Asqalani, who is rightly named the Amir al-Muminin in Hadith, and whom I believe - and I suppose that anyone who has this knowledge (i.e science of hadith) would agree with me - that no woman has ever given birth to anyone like him after him."

~Abu 'Abd al-Rahman Muhammad Nasir al-Din b. al-Hajj Nuh b. Tajati b. Adam al-Ashqudi al-Albani, FATAWA (cairo: Maktabah al-Turath al-Islami; 1st edition, 1414H), p. 525.

PLS for the sake of whatever you believe in STOP mentioning Albaqir. You can simply write your cabbage and we shall respond in sha Allah.

But you do quote the same Bukhari if he says sometin good abt Muhammad.
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by true2god: 9:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
golpen:

female rape victims? explain or expansiate. is it d female ni or the rapist?
How does sharia law handles a case involving a female r@pe or molest victim? Or how does an islamic society threat a female victim of molest\r@pe?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by true2god: 9:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
eyeopener:

But you do quote the same Bukhari if he says sometin good abt Muhammad.
AlBaqir is selective when (and if) it got to do with the hadith. He select the part of hadith that praise moahmmed as a nice man and reject, as non-authentic, any part of hadith that portrays mohammed in a bad light.
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by lepasharon(f): 4:48pm On Sep 05, 2014
Firstly, when did Africans start following the western way of defining an adult- 18? undecided Since when ? When did we start caring about that?
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by true2god: 9:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
lepasharon: Firstly, when did Africans start following the western way of defining an adult- 18? undecided Since when ? When did we start caring about that?

Ok, islam definition of adult is from 6 years. Thats ok.
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by cloudstar: 9:58pm On Sep 05, 2014
lepasharon: Firstly, when did Africans start following the western way of defining an adult- 18? undecided Since when ? When did we start caring about that?

So, who is an adult?
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by malvisguy212: 11:03pm On Sep 05, 2014

are you an atheist or muslim?
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by bbkkatunxo: 4:55am On Sep 08, 2014
macof:
20-30 years old

Arranged marriage Prove this

bros hmmm stop this lie na, most Nigerian women that's is 60 years and above got married before the age of 20 and that's why you see their first child have an interval of less than 20yrs with their mum, pls do me a favour and ask any mama sixty's or seventy (60 or 70) around you at what age did they get married
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by macof(m): 7:18am On Sep 08, 2014
bbkkatunxo:

bros hmmm stop this lie na, most Nigerian women that's is 60 years and above got married before the age of 20 and that's why you see their first child have an interval of less than 20yrs with their mum, pls do me a favour and ask any mama sixty's or seventy (60 or 70) around you at what age did they get married

More proof less rants pls
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by BetaThings: 12:02am On Sep 09, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

The answer is always unsatisfactory
Unsatisfactory to who?
APC will never be satisfied with PDP's answer
And Democrats(Republicans) always see Bush(Obama) as incompetent

1 Like

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by BetaThings: 12:06am On Sep 09, 2014
macof:

More proof less rants pls
The proofs are ample
They did not go to school
The did not require a lot of money for dowry
They did not want to but a car before getting married
Sorry - most don't have birth certificates because of literacy

1 Like

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by macof(m): 1:08am On Sep 09, 2014
BetaThings:
The proofs are ample
They did not go to school
The did not require a lot of money for dowry
They did not want to but a car before getting married
Sorry - most don't have birth certificates because of literacy

are u having problems comprehending??
Pls provide proof that African societies engaged in child marriage not claims

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Difference Between A Muslim And A Mu'min (believer) / These Pictures Are Talking / Ramadan 3: More Worshippers, Don't Discourage Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.