Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

My Experience With SARS Operatives In Ibadan; Another SOKA In The Making! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience With SARS Operatives In Ibadan; Another SOKA In The Making! (27565 Views)

Pipeline Vandals Kill 10 DSS Operatives In Ogun / Graphic Photos Of Kidnappers Shot Dead By Security Operatives In Anambra State / Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With SARS Operatives In Ibadan; Another SOKA In The Making! by ayox2003: 11:28am On Aug 30, 2014
tbatbaby: Dis issue is really pathetic!For d pple we shld rely on for our security treating citizens like animals.A case of my elder bros with SARS dis year,he left home for work in d morning hoping to return ind nyt buh neva returned not knowing its d SARS dat arrested him.For 9 unrelented days,we couldnt locate him and he was not made to contact his family of his captured.We reported missing person to diff stations only for d officers to be asking for bribe,it was disgusting!A lawyer in our street asked us to go to SARS Ikeja to report not knowing my bros is even in their cell.To cut d story short,d stupid pple collected 80k for his discharged after spending 9days there,kowing fully well he was innocent of d crime,they even arrested like 5 or 6 pple on d case,cos my bros took dem to d friend he brought from,d guy also took dem to where he bought n d case keep expanding.he was arrested for buying a second hand blackberry of 15k from a friend in his workplace.dey claimed d orignal owner of d phone was murdered at atm center which was a cooked up stiory by dem to just arrest pple.they own d berry and sold it out to just start making case n capturing pple with it.What pained me is d wahala we did searching 4 him n diff places pple where going on our behalf collecting money,we spent nothing less than 380000 on dis issue.My family don leave dem to God ooo.

God himself doesn't take shiit. You don't leave cases like this in God's hands because they would still do it again. If you don't mind, u can send me a PM and lets take this up.

Frawzey

1 Like

Re: My Experience With SARS Operatives In Ibadan; Another SOKA In The Making! by Geeman74(m): 11:52am On Aug 30, 2014
wesley80: You should mention names, locations or at the very least give descriptions if you expect to be taken seriously.
But you can see SARS Dugbe in the write up.
Re: My Experience With SARS Operatives In Ibadan; Another SOKA In The Making! by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2014
extortion and counter extortion has been the norm in dugbe by the police a fact well known to the boys in cocoa house, nipost and the environs....its simply disgusting nigeria police....joor armed robbers are better at least you are not paying them via tax etc and they dont claim to be your friends!

Boy’s killing by police sparks protest in Ado-Ekiti

[b]A police team of the Special Anti-Robbery Squard (SARS) has been blamed for the death of a young boy, Oluwaseun Awoyemi, in the Ojumose area of Ado-Ekiti, capital of the State. The incident reportedly followed the invasion of the house where the deceased was staying with his grandmother by a gang of four armed officers who claimed to be looking for someone who had allegedly assaulted another boy in the area. Oluwaseun, who was said to be observing a siesta in his room at the time, was dragged outside and dealt some several blows before he was shot by two officers who later took his corpse away and deposited same at the State University Teaching Hospital. When The Nation visited the scene of the incident yesterday morning, thick dried blood covered the room, while sympathisers stood in groups discussing the incident. A survivor of the attack, Mrs. Lucia Afolayan, told The Nation that the four uniformed men came to the house around noon, noting that the policemen shot the victim in the scrotum and chest, killing him instantly. Mrs. Lucia, who claimed to be approaching seventy years, explained she came from her house in another area of the capital to Oja Bisi to buy some food stuffs, noting, “hardly had I settled down to talk with my sister, the victim’s grandmother, when the four of them came, shouting “where is the stupid boy, where is the stupid boy.” Continuing, she said: “They entered the first room where the boy was lying and grabbed his trousers with the belt, brought him outside and started beating him. When he was able to free himself, he ran into another room. I followed them and appealed that he should follow them. One of the two officers who came into the room shot him, the bullet also hit my arm. Immediately he fell and died.” Confirming the account, grandmother of the deceased, Mrs. Abigael Awoyemi, explained that a neighbor, known as Baba White, had earlier came to the house around 9 am, seeking to see the boy who was said to have beaten his son. She said: “We were all around and we came begging him to be calm. The two of them fighting were even said to be friends. But the man kept shouting ‘where is the boy?’. The boy, Taye, came out and said it was him. “Despite our appeals, Baba White still beat Taiye before he accepted our pleadings. After, he left and we thought it had ended there. Surprisingly, he came back with four police officers, all of them with guns. They pointed the guns at us and were going from room to room looking for the boy said to have beaten someone. “They met my son where he was lying after taking his food. They dragged him out and beat him. He was able to free himself and ran into another room. My sister went into that room with him, begging that he should follow them. While she was doing that, they went into the room and killed Oluwaseun. He was my only dream. What can I do?” She called on the Governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi to support the family to bring the perpetrators of the killing to book. The Police Public Relations Officer of the Command, Mr. Victor Babayemi, while confirming the incident, said it was the deceased that first made attempt to kill the police before the latter “played a smart one by first pulling the trigger.” According to Babayemi, the police had come to the house when they “received a distress call from someone that he was robbed in the area”, adding, “when they got there, the police cordoned off the area and saw Seun and other boys who were suspected of having committed the robbery. “So, when the police had identified the house, they went after the boys. Immediately they saw the police, they rushed inside, and in the course of searching the rooms, Seun, who was holding a dane gun, jumped from the ceiling into a room. But unknown to him, a policeman was already in the room and when he wanted to pull the trigger, the police then opened fire on him.” He, however, assured that investigations were on to get to the roots of the incident, assuring that “whoever was found complicit would be dealt with.” Findings by The Nation revealed that Baba White, the man who allegedly invited the policemen, was being held at the State Police Headquartres and was assisting in the investigations. Meanwhile, the killing sparked protests in the area, as friends and family of the victim claimed that the police killed him without any justified cause. The aggrieved youths, said to number about 30, reportedly wielded dangerous weapons, including cutlasses, bottles and stones, and made bonfires around areas like Ojumose and Okesa, disrupting the free flow of vehicles in the area. About three vehicles were also seen occupied by detachments of police officers, who were possibly deployed to keep guard around the area to forestall further breakdown of law and order.[/b]

source:http://thenationonlineng.net/new/boys-killing-police-sparks-protest-ado-ekiti/
Re: My Experience With SARS Operatives In Ibadan; Another SOKA In The Making! by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
Youths protesters during a recent political crisis in Ekiti state

[b]ILAWE-Ekiti, headquarters of Ekiti South West Local Government Area, was in turmoil Sunday, following the death of an Action Congress (AC) House of Assembly aspirant, Mr. Kunle Ayaga.

Ayaga was shot dead during the yearly Ogun Festival parade.

The festival was alleged to have been hijacked by politicians battling for the soul of the town, ahead of the 2011 general elections.

Ayaga’s body was deposited at the mortuary of the University Teaching Hospital (UTH), Ado-Ekiti, the state capital.

The Ilawe Divisional Police Officer (DPO) and another policeman whose identity could not be ascertained at press time were attacked by the angry residents of the community - apparently in protest against the late Ayaga’s killing. The DPO was unconscious last night, the Police said.

The bodies of the policemen were brought to the mortuary of the UTH, Ado-Ekiti at about 6.50 pm.

AC and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftains in the community were trading blame over the violence that marred the festival.

AC members alleged that the shot that killed Ayaga was fired by the men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) brought into the town by a senior government official who hails from the community. PDP denied any role in the killing, warning that it should not be dragged into the violence.

Ekiti Southwest Local Government Area AC chair Mr. Gabriel Olagunju claimed that Ayaga was killed when members of the community were dancing round the town as the festival was in full swing.

Amid the parade, Olagunju alleged, a SARS vehicle pulled up behind the revellers and an argument ensued over the alleged disruption of the procession by the policemen.

The AC chief said the late Ayaga was standing next to him when he (Ayaga) was shot. He fell down immediately, lying in a pool of his blood, he said.

Olagunju added that youths became violent when they learnt of the shooting. They attacked the SARS men whom he alleged ran inside the compound of the senior government official.

A PDP chieftain from the community, Mrs. Modupe Ogundipe, said the festival should not be politicised.

Mrs. Ogundipe, who is also the State Woman Leader of the PDP and a House of Assembly aspirant of her party, said on phone that although she was in Lagos at the time of the incident, the violence, according to her, was not orchestrated by PDP members.

The community was tense last night.

When contacted on the alleged shooting by SARS men, the state Police Public Relations Officer, (PPRO), Mr. Mohammed Jimoh, said the command was aware of the incident.

Pressed for further comments, Jimoh said: "We are addressing the situation."

Governor Segun Oni last night described the violence as "highly unfortunate", promising a probe.

His Chief Press Secretary (CPS), Mr. Wale Ojo-Lanre, said the mayhem would be investigated.

Commiserating with the bereaved families, Oni said the law will take its course.

The governor said: "This is very sad. It is rather unfortunate that a communal festival meant to enhance the tradition of the people turned gory and bloody.

"It is not cheery news at all but the violence will be investigated as the law must take its course to prevent a recurrence.

[/b]

https://www.nairaland.com/494318/ekiti-under-fire-over-kunles

see this pix that's the solution madness facing madness....

Re: My Experience With SARS Operatives In Ibadan; Another SOKA In The Making! by Fhemmmy: 2:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
pasino26:

https://www.nairaland.com/1879428/videos-all-brutally-handled-nigerian
There you have it bro, it took lots of guts to capture this. I was threatened to be shot at in one occasion. So add yours too

Is this for real?
Re: My Experience With SARS Operatives In Ibadan; Another SOKA In The Making! by pystar: 4:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
Leetunechi:

guy. When you wan buy some sence undecided ?
Like the "sence" you have for sale?
Re: My Experience With SARS Operatives In Ibadan; Another SOKA In The Making! by ChristineC: 6:24pm On Aug 30, 2014
Maybe the masses should start giving them a taste or their own medicine whenever they come for mass arrest. Im refering to the poster that said everyone in his area runs into the house anytime SARS unit come around. That's not a solution at all
Re: My Experience With SARS Operatives In Ibadan; Another SOKA In The Making! by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 31, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Is this for real?

Sure it is, bad things happen to innocent citizens cuz they have no one in brass to speak for them.
Re: My Experience With SARS Operatives In Ibadan; Another SOKA In The Making! by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 31, 2014
For all those positive minded nairalanders. What ever happened to the akpo 6 or Bola Ige or Elegbede or funso Williams and at least 300 high profile unsolved cases.. you think calling numbers on a police website will give you solutions. Not today, come back in a few decades

1 Like

Re: My Experience With SARS Operatives In Ibadan; Another SOKA In The Making! by Starbeams: 5:41pm On Aug 31, 2014
AH!!!! WHAT CAN WE DO TO SAVE THE LIFE OF THESE PEOPLE MY FELLOW NAIRALANDER!!!
Re: My Experience With SARS Operatives In Ibadan; Another SOKA In The Making! by okongo(m): 10:14am On Sep 02, 2014
pls let usbform an association. we can be meeting virtually online. we can be reporting all cases of police brutality to various organisations and following them up to conclusion. pls if u support let me know

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness / FG Appoints Florence Anyanwu As Auditor-general Of The Federation (Acting) / Wike Kicks As FG Excludes Rivers From States To Benefit From Planned New Loans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.