Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better (176138 Views)

Between Ibra,Ronaldo And Messi Who has scored the most Spectacular Goals / Ronaldinho Vs Messi: Who Is Greatest?! / Mikel Obi, C.ronaldo, Fabregas And Messi. Who Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by damiboy2(m): 1:22pm On Oct 31, 2009
messi is better than c.ronaldo.messi is a dynamic player.ronaldo always depend on midfielder to produce a goal. grin grin grin grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by chibaby5(f): 9:41pm On Apr 11, 2010
@topic

afta da real madrid n barcelona match yday, seein da silly mistakes ronaldo made, ah think messi is much better n more reliable smiley
ronaldo missed some silly goals dat messi wud neva miss. . infact I wudnt even miss da goals cheesy cheesy cheesy cool
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by duduspace(m): 9:52pm On Apr 11, 2010
Messi is the better player, he is a better team player than CR9 is. Apart from being a dynamic individual player, he can also bring others into play.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by mamagee3(f): 8:17pm On Mar 16, 2011
Cristiano ronaldo is a better player that has proved himself in two different leagues. . .

Messi has achieved all his glory in one team alone and he still hasn't shown us what he can do outside of barcelona nor out of the spanish league.

So, it's only fair to say ronaldo is better.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by eyoniggar(m): 9:16pm On Mar 16, 2011
Silly Mama-gee again. " The WITCH against all good things".

Listen up, Messi dont need to move an inch to prove shiit to anybody. He rules other
domains inclusive of HIS". The boy has shown beyond every doubt that he is not to be
experimented to prove his footie worth. Romance section dey await you.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by mamagee3(f): 12:31am On Mar 17, 2011
^^Not when he has been playing his whole football career with the same team and the same players. . .

You can't conclude that a warrior is more superior than another if he keeps fighting the same people. wink

Just like the saying goes in football, you can't unfairly say messi is better when ronaldo, kaka and etc have since changed to a different team and different league which means they are playing around different people with a different style of play.

Messi to me can never be considered better than ronaldo untilhe proves his worth in another team.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by AjanleKoko: 9:50am On Mar 17, 2011
I think I'll go with that coach who said Messi was a dying breed, but CR7 is more like the player of the future.
Right now, Messi is definitely the best, better than CR7 in everything except of course the raw power. But I think the creative aspect of the game is dying, and Barca is the last team trying to fly that flag, but for how long they can sustain it, nobody knows.

Soccer looks more like grid-iron footie these days. In the future era, it's men like Ronaldo that will be relevant.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by usbcable(m): 10:15am On Mar 17, 2011
I would choose CR7 as being better because
1. he has succeeded in 3 different clubs and 3 different leagues
2. he plays for real madrid grin

But seriously,
messi just like SAF and giggs would always be amonsgt the greatest and obviously plays for the most entertaining and complicated team to play against presently. But, on a difficulty level CR7 has done better considering point 1 above,.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by AjanleKoko: 12:25pm On Mar 17, 2011
usbcable:

2. he plays for real madrid  grin

But seriously,
messi just like SAF and giggs would always be amonsgt the greatest and obviously plays for the most entertaining and complicated team to play against presently. But, on a difficulty level CR7 has done better considering point 1 above,.

Me I don't agree with all this you-must-play-in-more-than-one-club chorus.
What about AC Milan greats like Maldini and Baresi? How many clubs did they play for? Giggs, Scholes nko? Allesandro Del Piero, who still plays in Juve till tomorrow? A certain Lothar Matthaus, who shone for Bayern? I could go on and on.

In truth, apart from a few great men like Zidane, Ronaldo da Lima, and maybe Luis Figo, all the great players peak at one club only. They may play in 20 clubs, but there is always that one club in which they achieve the peak of their performance. Maradona at Napoli is a good example, Beckham at United is another.

As far as I am concerned, CR7 has only shone in one club, Manchester United. He didn't shine in Benfica. In Real Madrid, he has won nothing yet, both individual and club honours. According to the definition of his current coach, he has only managed to be best loser at both individual and club level grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by mamagee3(f): 9:31pm On Mar 17, 2011
usbcable:

But seriously,

That's exactly what some of the messi fans don't understand. . .

Cristiano ronaldo has proved himself on three different leagues, messi is yet to show us how he'll do outside barcelona.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by medjai(m): 11:00pm On Mar 17, 2011
usbcable:

But seriously,

So is Raul remembered for the 4 CL goals he has scored for Schalke this season or for everything he achieved at Real Madrid? All these talk of going to some other league to prove yourself doesn't just hold water. What of Totti, Del Pierro, Maldini, Giggs, Scholes? I guess they all have to go play in some other league before they're considered great footballers?
Besides, CR was just a prodigious youngster when he left Sporting CP, he was hardly in the first team let alone prove himself. It's just like saying Fabregas proved himself at Barca before joining Arsenal.

Messi has since moved beyond the CR comparison. He's now being compared to true legends of the game and quite a number consider him the greatest of all time.
I'll tow the line of Juan Carlos Garrido(Villareal's coach). "Comparing Ronaldo with Messi is a sacrilege"
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by eyoniggar(m): 8:55am On Mar 20, 2011
This shouldnt be a debate anymore. I'll solicit for a permanent deletion of this
thread.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by falae: 1:15pm On Apr 28, 2011
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by Walexdinho(m): 8:37pm On Apr 28, 2011
messi is a wizard of d 1st oda.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 2:38pm On May 15, 2011
medjai:

Messi has since moved beyond the CR comparison. He's now being compared to true legends of the game and quite a number consider him the greatest of all time.
I'll tow the line of Juan Carlos Garrido(Villareal's coach). "Comparing Ronaldo with Messi is a sacrilege"

arrant nonsense.

latest stats,
ronaldo(37 league goals in 32 apps), 50 goals in 52 apps
messi(31 league goals in 33 apps), 52 goals in 54 apps.

you might have to tell juan carlos garrido he is a plonker. it's also fair to say if ronaldo had the same team-mates since age 13 like messi does, he would have been even greater than the stats he is producing for real madrid. we often hear no player is worth the big-money clubs splash on players these days. since ronaldo's move to madrid, his £80 million outlay has never been criticized. 83 goals in 87 apps since joining real madrid can never be replicated by any player in a new club, new team-mates, new environment, new manager.

yet, we compare cristiano to this freak of a human called messi. if fair is fair, messi shouldn't even be discussed as a player. he grew up on steroids. his physique, bone structure did not develop naturally like normal human beings. he received excessive gh-therapy to reach the height he now stands. if you look closely at his legs you will see that they have the shape of a weight-lifter, you can also compare the size of the muscle's on his legs to the size of his muscles in his upper body. it's over-dimensioned and that's a good indication of outside stimuli. look at a natural athlete's (like ronaldo and rooney) and see the difference. they all have a symmetric body unlike messi who did not grow like normal humans.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by eyoniggar(m): 8:24am On May 16, 2011
Yet the MODS allow a monster to say this kind of thing without being banned?
coogar:

arrant nonsense.

latest stats,

you might have to tell juan carlos garrido he is a plonker. it's also fair to say if ronaldo had the same team-mates since age 13 like messi does, he would have been even greater than the stats he is producing for real madrid. we often hear no player is worth the big-money clubs splash on players these days. since ronaldo's move to madrid, his £80 million outlay has never been criticized. 83 goals in 87 apps since joining real madrid can never be replicated by any player in a new club, new team-mates, new environment, new manager.

yet, we compare cristiano to this freak of a human called messi. if fair is fair, messi shouldn't even be discussed as a player. he grew up on steroids. his physique, bone structure did not develop naturally like normal human beings. he received excessive gh-therapy to reach the height he now stands. if you look closely at his legs you will see that they have the shape of a weight-lifter, you can also compare the size of the muscle's on his legs to the size of his muscles in his upper body. it's over-dimensioned and that's a good indication of outside stimuli. look at a natural athlete's (like ronaldo and rooney) and see the difference. they all have a symmetric body unlike messi who did not grow like normal humans.

Oh my lawd. This is hatred, just plain hatred. You are so out of this world, I mean how can you sit down and write up such inhuman lines just to express ur hatred towards Gods creation. OLORIBURUKU NI GBO GBO GENERATION E. angry angry
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by Nobody: 8:28am On May 16, 2011

dont mind eyo niqqa, he is sick, he ask for everythin to be banned

steriods? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
that guy is a dwarf
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by AjanleKoko: 8:38am On May 16, 2011
Donlittle:

dont mind eyo niqqa, he is sick, he ask for everythin to be banned

steriods? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
that guy is a dwarf

Well, the dwarf did go through 5 Madrid players and they couldn't do squat. Besides, he is kind of playing in a team of incredibly talented dwarfs. Even the great Jose (por que?) had to train his players to play gaelic football cum rugby to even have a chance against the Dwarves grin

CR7 is a great player, until he has to face Messi and/or Barca. Even in a lousy Argentina-Portugal friendly, he couldn't show up.
Messi has despoiled many teams the world over, including teams where CR7 has played. CR7 has scored a trailer load of goals . . . until he faces either Spain, Barcelona, and now even Argentina. When that happens, he usually goes missing and concentrates on his hairdo.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by Nobody: 8:40am On May 16, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Well, the dwarf did go through 5 Madrid players and they couldn't do squat. Besides, he is kind of playing in a team of incredibly talented dwarfs. Even the great Jose (por que?) had to train his players to play gaelic football come rugby to even have a chance against the Dwarves grin

CR7 is a great player, until he has to face Messi and/or Barca. Even in a lousy Argentina-Portugal friendly, he couldn't show up.
Messi has despoiled many teams the world over, including teams where CR7 has played. CR7 has scored a trailer load of goals . . . until he faces either Spain, Barcelona, and now even Argentina. When that happens, he usually goes missing and concentrates on his hairdo.
U FORGOT THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL WHEN MAN U WON IT?
u forgot the recently el classico  shocked shocked shocked

you forgot bout WC, when messin cant do those stuff? he does in barca even tho argentina team was much more beta than portugal?
C.RONALDO AND NANI IS LIKE THE ONLY KNOW STAR IN PORTUGAL
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by AjanleKoko: 8:51am On May 16, 2011
Donlittle:

U FORGOT THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL WHEN MAN U WON IT?
u forgot the recently el classico  shocked shocked shocked

you forgot bout WC, when messin cant do those stuff? he does in barca even tho argentina team was much more beta than portugal?
C.RONALDO AND NANI IS LIKE THE ONLY KNOW STAR IN PORTUGAL

*sigh* Honestly I hate having to do this embarassed

You mean the Champions League Semi final in 2008? Well, your man missed a penalty, remember? Messi didn't even play.
Which of the recent el classico? Is it the 5-0 at the Camp Nou, or the 2-0 at the Bernabeu? In both of those games, Messi absolutely tore Madrid to shreds. There were three other games in which both players did not particularly break the bank, but only a blind man would say that Ronaldo played better than Messi in any of the games.

Ronaldo managed 2 goals one a penalty and zero assists in 5 games. Messi was able to score three goals and two assists, one of the goals a penalty and the other a Champions League legendary goal (he took the ball from the middle of the park and went past FIVE guys).

World Cup? Portugal checked out in the 2nd round, while Argentina still managed to get to the quarter finals. Oops undecided
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by Nobody: 8:53am On May 16, 2011
i mean the cup real won
barca is a better team, as a whole
real madrid is off different players ability with a new tactics
those players in barca have been playing to gether fo years
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by AjanleKoko: 8:55am On May 16, 2011
^^
Fooball today sef.
People always making excuses for losing.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by montelik(m): 9:33am On May 16, 2011
coogar:

arrant nonsense.

latest stats,

HABA. This is not a fair or nice thing to allege. Even if any of what you said is true, credit to him for overcoming d challenges to become one of d best players of his generation.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by switch47(m): 9:38am On May 16, 2011
C Ronaldo & messi are like pepsi & cocacola ! Different formular. Though i believe Ronaldo can fit more into a variety of teams more than messi. I doubt if messi can go to madrid and score up to 30 goals,though i believe messi will do well in a team like arsenal,Ronaldo on the other hand can still go to barcelona & score 40 goals! Point is Ronaldo can still play when his team is not playing well. As for mess, he is a great player and the barcelona style seems to be perfect 4 him ,i dont know if he can do same in any other team.man city 4 example. Though this is just a theory! The two players are world class. Like comparing mango to Orange!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by medjai(m): 9:41am On May 16, 2011
coogar:

Absolute trash! So Messi is kinda like a right-thinking, football equivalent of Frankenstein? One would have thought Marseille's Mathieu Valbuena who had a similar growth defeciency and probably underwent the same treatment as Messi would be as good as Messi

arrant nonsense.

latest stats,

We're not comparing them as strikers so these stats mean nothing. It's easy for Ronaldo to score these much goals for Madrid. . . Higuain has been out for the better part of the season and Benzema only started scoring in the 2nd half of the season and also went out injured so it's pretty much been 'All Balls to Ronaldo' for Madrid this season. Messi tracks back 40-50 yards, starts a move and finishes it all by himself and at the same time assits his teammates(he has most assits in the league, 19) and scores loads of goals.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 2:39pm On May 16, 2011
eyoniggar:

Yet the MODS allow a monster to say this kind of thing without being banned?
Oh my lawd. This is hatred, just plain hatred. You are so out of this world, I mean how can you sit down and write up such inhuman lines just to express your hatred towards Gods creation. OLORIBURUKU NI GBO GBO GENERATION E. angry angry

the term your parents use on each other every monday morning.

montelik:

HABA. This is not a fair or nice thing to allege. Even if any of what you said is true, credit to him for overcoming d challenges to become one of d best players of his generation.

credit to him for using steroids? are you ok? do you know what this method actually entails? messi's growth with his bone problems shouldn't have been more than 4 feet. the gh-therapy helped him to reach 5ft 7inches. no one is saying messi has no talents. he is hyper-talented but even those talents were helped by his doped-up body structure, super-balance and guile. you cannot knock messi off the ball easily - that is not talent, it is the work of the steroids.

medjai:

Absolute trash! So Messi is kinda like a right-thinking, football equivalent of Frankenstein? One would have thought Marseille's Mathieu Valbuena who had a similar growth defeciency and probably underwent the same treatment as Messi would be as good as Messi.

lazy man's argument. valbuena's talent is ordinary. let's assume ronaldo/rooney also grew up on steroids. will their performance be boosted or not? compare like for like!!

We're not comparing them as strikers so these stats mean nothing. It's easy for Ronaldo to score these much goals for Madrid. . . Higuain has been out for the better part of the season and Benzema only started scoring in the 2nd half of the season and also went out injured so it's pretty much been 'All Balls to Ronaldo' for Madrid this season. Messi tracks back 40-50 yards, starts a move and finishes it all by himself and at the same time assits his teammates(he has most assits in the league, 19) and scores loads of goals.

all these stuffs are rubbish. they play in different teams, different formation, different tactics. if messi's manager wants him to track back 40-50 yards,  it is barcelona's problem. ronaldo was bought to score goals and he has fulfilled that promise. for a player who arrived in la liga barely 2 yrs ago having conquered the premier league, he has been nothing short of phenomenal.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by eyoniggar(m): 3:49pm On May 16, 2011
Medjai, Ajanle, I beg you both in the name of God, please do not respond to this ediot. His Talent is the work of steroid?Ohmy God shocked shocked.

Am out.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 4:10pm On May 16, 2011
eyoniggar:

Medjai, Ajanle, I beg you both in the name of God, please do not respond to this ediot. His Talent is the work of steroid?Ohmy God shocked shocked.

Am out.

this epileptic beast of burden will not stop typing. at least come up with sound opinions instead of displaying the behaviour of a retarded sty-occupant. when you keep your mouth shut, people will guess you are stewpid. when you open your mouth, people are sure you are stewpid.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by Jarus(m): 7:04pm On May 16, 2011
A few great games and good goal returns and people are saying CR7 is better than Messi.
This is most laughable. Where were they when Messi not only outclassed him in games both played? Where were they when Messi was redefining the round leather game in the last two years? Even a look at the earlier part of this thread will reveal this.

Class is permanent, form is temporary. I refuse to be deceived to change my opoinion just because a player had few extra-great games. Messi has had so many of that.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 7:15pm On May 16, 2011
Jarus:

A few great games and good goal returns and people are saying CR7 is better than Messi.
This is most laughable. Where were they when Messi not only outclassed him in games both played? Where were they when Messi was redefining the round leather game in the last two years? Even a look at the earlier part of this thread will reveal this.

Class is permanent, form is temporary. I refuse to be deceived to change my opoinion just because a player had few extra-great games. Messi has had so many of that.

mr jarus, ronaldo has scored 85 goals in 88 games for real madrid since his 80 million transfer. you talk about messi outclassing him in games they both played. it wasn't only messi that outclassed him. xavi, iniesta, villa and pedro all outclassed him. that goes to show messi plays in a much better team than the real madrid side that mourinho is just putting together. will messi outclass ronaldo if they swap teams and play against each other?

why is messi such a mediocre player in the argentinian shirt? coincidence. no one is disputing messi is a superb player but ronaldo edges him for the fact that ronaldo has conquered two top leagues in europe while messi will retire in barcelona. cristiano has scored 39 league goals in 33 games. he will win the pichichi and the european golden shoe to boot. jokes aside, ronaldo is the truth.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by dayokanu(m): 8:15pm On May 16, 2011
AjanleKoko:

*sigh* Honestly I hate having to do this embarassed

You mean the Champions League Semi final in 2008? Well, your man missed a penalty, remember? Messi didn't even play.

Messi played both legs.

Which of the recent el classico? Is it the 5-0 at the Camp Nou, or the 2-0 at the Bernabeu? In both of those games, Messi absolutely tore Madrid to shreds. There were three other games in which both players did not particularly break the bank, but only a blind man would say that Ronaldo played better than Messi in any of the games.

Ronaldo managed 2 goals one a penalty and zero assists in 5 games. Messi was able to score three goals and two assists, one of the goals a penalty and the other a Champions League legendary goal (he took the ball from the middle of the park and went past FIVE guys).

World Cup? Portugal checked out in the 2nd round, while Argentina still managed to get to the quarter finals. Oops undecided

Its not that straight forward since messi plays in barcelona amongst exceptional players.

Think about it, if Messi and CR7 were to swap clubs who would be more effective?

coogar:

why is messi such a mediocre player in the argentinian shirt? coincidence. no one is disputing messi is a superb player but ronaldo edges him for the fact that ronaldo has conquered two top leagues in europe while messi will retire in barcelona. cristiano has scored 39 league goals in 33 games. he will win the pichichi and the european golden shoe to boot. jokes aside, ronaldo is the truth.

Thats a moot point. Messi is playing in the best team in his generation why should he go to another league? To prve what?

Would someone quit Goldman Sach for Afribank just to prove a point that he can survive in another league
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 8:21pm On May 16, 2011
dayokanu:

Thats a moot point. Messi is playing in the best team in his generation why should he go to another league? To prve what?

Would someone quit Goldman Sach for Afribank just to prove a point that he can survive in another league

why shouldn't he? so how would we ever know he can cut it in the tougher premier league as we all know la liga has gone to the pits. what's the difference in points between the top team n the bottom team in spain in comparison to england. ronaldo has done it in the 2 leagues - what about messi? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England / Paris Saint-gemain FC Fan Thread: Les Rouge-et-bleu..."Revons plus grand" / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.