Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better (176028 Views)

Between Ibra,Ronaldo And Messi Who has scored the most Spectacular Goals / Ronaldinho Vs Messi: Who Is Greatest?! / Mikel Obi, C.ronaldo, Fabregas And Messi. Who Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by dayokanu(m): 8:27pm On May 16, 2011
coogar:

why shouldn't he? so how would we ever know he can cut it in the tougher premier league as we all know la liga has gone to the pits.

Barcelona is the best team of his generation so why should he change?

Why didnt Giggs and Scholes play in another EPL side to prove that he is one of the best EPL players of his time?

We would never know how good Giggs and Schole is until they play for Chelsea or Arsenal.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 8:31pm On May 16, 2011
dayokanu:

Barcelona is the best team of his generation so why should he change?

Why didnt Giggs and Scholes play in another EPL side to prove that he is one of the best EPL players of his time?

We would never know how good Giggs and Schole is until they play for Chelsea or Arsenal.

giggs and scholes are british, messi is not a spaniard. giggs and scholes have been with man utd for 15 yrs +. they have played when the club was on the high, when the club was struggling and stuffs and they have proven their worth time n time again. besides, we are comparing 2 foreign players in foreign leagues in ronaldo/messi. scholes/giggs analogy cannot cut it here. is it normal for any striker to have scored 85 goals in 88 apps for his new club?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by dayokanu(m): 8:44pm On May 16, 2011
Messi came to barcelona Pre-pubescent.

He probably got to Barcelona the same age Scholes and Giggs got to man Utd. Messi has been with Barcelona for over 10yrs. Including when barcelona was nothing in European football, So why should he leave when they are the best in Europe.

Messi probably feels more Spanish than Fabregas,Arteta or Almunia self. For a boy who got to Spain at age 13.

I havent commented on who is better but to make assertions like he needs to go to another league when he is already in the best team is weak and moot.

Who in EPL can even match his Sale price? Or would he just buy out his own contract to play for Liverpool or Arsenal?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by switch47(m): 8:49pm On May 16, 2011
C Ronaldo is class and he has shown he can do it in EPL & now LA LIGA. High Class!!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 8:52pm On May 16, 2011
dayokanu:

Messi came to barcelona Pre-pubescent.

He probably got to Barcelona the same age Scholes and Giggs got to man Utd. Messi has been with Barcelona for over 10yrs. Including when barcelona was nothing in European football, So why should he leave when they are the best in Europe.

Messi probably feels more Spanish than Fabregas,Arteta or Almunia self. For a boy who got to Spain at age 13.

I havent commented on who is better but to make assertions like he needs to go to another league when he is already in the best team is weak and moot.

Who in EPL can even match his Sale price? Or would he just buy out his own contract to play for Liverpool or Arsenal?

man city owners will buy the entire barcelona football club, roots and supporters and ship them all to carrington. roman will also buy half of their squad without blinking.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by dayokanu(m): 8:53pm On May 16, 2011
And let them make a bid,

If Torres was bought for 50m, Messi should go for around 250m.

Let Roman and Citeh make bids
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 8:57pm On May 16, 2011
dayokanu:

And let them make a bid,

If Torres was bought for 50m, Messi should go for around 250m.

Let Roman and Citeh make bids

how much is 250m to the abu-dhabi guys and roman? it's chicken feed. messi is in a comfort zone. he joined barcelona at a young age and he will retire there. i have got no problems with that. the issue of his staying in one club crops up when people compare him to ronaldo. messi finds it easier in barcelona than ronaldo who moved to man utd at 18 and then moved on to real madrid at 24. messi has been playing with the same team-mates since 13. the ethos of barcelona were engrained into his system since puberty - how can you then do a pound to pound comparison to ronaldo who must still learn to adapt into a new environment and new team-mates.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by dayokanu(m): 9:05pm On May 16, 2011
Who is a better defender Paolo Maldini or Lilian Thuram.

One stayed at one club, the other journeyed all over.

I hope all the consideration above would be used in evaluating this also
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 9:08pm On May 16, 2011
dayokanu:

Who is a better defender Paolo Maldini or Lilian Thuram.

One stayed at one club, the other journeyed all over.

I hope all the consideration above would be used in evaluating this also

maldini is the best defender of his generation. his longevity is enough to put him in the all-time best defender on the planet. who is thuram compared to maldini. should we count titles? european glory or what? maldini to thuram is like fat ronaldo to chamakh.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by dayokanu(m): 9:47pm On May 16, 2011
You can also argue that Maldini

MALDINI (messi) finds it easier in AC MILAN (barcelona) than THURAM (ronaldo) who moved to MONACO (man utd) at 18 and then moved on to(PARMA, JUVENTUS, BARCELONA ETC) real madrid at 24. MALDINI (messi) has been playing with the same team-mates since 13. the ethos of AC MILAN (barcelona) were engrained into his system since puberty - how can you then do a pound to pound comparison to THURAM (ronaldo) who must still learn to adapt into a new environment and new team-mates

Makes sense?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 10:07pm On May 16, 2011
dayokanu:

You can also argue that Maldini

Makes sense?

maldini won 5 champs league, thuram won?? undecided undecided undecided
besides, maldini did not grow on steroids.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by mamagee3(f): 11:49pm On May 16, 2011
Cristiano ronaldo is wayy better for me. . .

Dude moved to Spain to play football barely two days ago and he has already written his name in a history books.

While messi has been playing in that club for decades and he's still yet to accomplish that feat.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by khanye(m): 10:28am On May 17, 2011
Ronaldo only score useless goals 9 in last 3 games,  when the league was gone, when there is no pressure,
when he is needed most he can't be seen anywhere,  so pls don't compare Messi with him. it's an insult!
freekick is nice but many can do it. try asking anyone else to dribble passed 5 Real defenders and score the most crucial goal. only 1 man. . .

Cristiano Ronaldo ‘goes asleep’ in big games, Lionel Messi stars in them - Gianluca Vialli
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by switch47(m): 5:35am On May 18, 2011
C Ronaldo Scored The crucial winning Goal against Barcelona in the CDR (Kings cup) He is a world class player who has proved his worth over and over again in the EPL and now in the La liga and nobody can take that away from him by saying his goals are useless. out of sentiment , this is a comparison between two great players not a contest between Barcelona fans and Real madrid fans.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by medjai(m): 9:56am On May 18, 2011
Latest stats:
Messi:
Appearances: 53
Goals: 52
Assits: 25

Ronaldo:
Goals: 51
Assists: 14
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by switch47(m): 1:27pm On May 18, 2011
Additional statistics
C Ronaldo 38 goals
messi 31 goals
in la liga in the pichichi race. Everything must be stated as it is.none should be left out.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by usbcable(m): 1:41pm On May 18, 2011
medjai:

Latest stats:
Messi:

Ronaldo:

haba medjai. ojoro cansul. grin

switch47:

Additional statistics
C Ronaldo 38 goals
messi 31 goals
in la liga in the pichichi race. Everything must be stated as it is.none should be left out.

thanks you for stating this jare.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by AjanleKoko: 1:44pm On May 18, 2011
Interestingly, the guys at Brilla FM were yammering about the very same topic this morning.
My only further comment on the issue is . . . Por Que?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 2:58pm On May 18, 2011
medjai:

Latest stats:
Messi:

Ronaldo:

dodgy stats. . . . . .

messi has 52 goals in 54 apps not 52 goals in 53 apps
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by usbcable(m): 5:44pm On May 18, 2011
@medjai and coogar,
if you can, kindly give a source to your stats or give an analysis to how you arrived at your figures.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 5:46pm On May 18, 2011
usbcable:

@medjai and coogar,
if you can, kindly give a source to your stats or give an analysis to how you arrived at your figures.

wikipedia
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by usbcable(m): 6:04pm On May 18, 2011
something I have noticed with all barcelona supporters nowadays is their shouts and cries for the number of assists messi has this season.
last season it was all about the goals, this season now that someone has outgoaled him the goalpost has been shifted to include assists.
next season maybe they will start to include the number of passes completed. I wonder why they dont include the number of shots on goal sef.
tsheeeeEew
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by usbcable(m): 6:15pm On May 18, 2011
something I have noticed with all barcelona supporters nowadays is their shouts and cries for the number of assists messi has this season.
last season it was all about the goals, this season now that someone has outgoaled him the goalpost has been shifted to include assists.
next season maybe they will start to include the number of passes completed. I wonder why they dont include the number of shots on goal sef.
tsheeeeEew
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by medjai(m): 10:22pm On May 18, 2011
usbcable:

@medjai and coogar,
I checked on Wiki and truly, Messi has made 54 appearances.
usbcable:

tsheeeeEew
Messi's stats are superior. Messi's assits in the league alone are more than Ronaldo's in all competitions. If Messi were the selfish type he would have scored more goals.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by eyoniggar(m): 12:08am On May 19, 2011
You all can debate from now till kingdom come on statistics. IMO, the comparison btwn them both
cannot be judged on statistical basis. Its only those that are deprived of differentiating between 1st grade and 3rd grade wud
say CR is a better player to Messi. Infact that cry baby chap is indeed lucky to be compared to the current best player of our
generation with his magical talent. From today henceforth, I resign from debating on this particular topic, it makes me feel like
am even backward .
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by usbcable(m): 2:05am On May 19, 2011
medjai:

I checked on Wiki and truly, Messi has made 54 appearances.Messi's stats are superior. Messi's assits in the league alone are more than Ronaldo's in all competitions. If Messi were the selfish type he would have scored more goals.
my question is, since when did it become so important to talk about the number of assists?
times past it was either the achievement of the player viz his clubside during the season or the number of goals scored, but assist are never made frontrow judges.
and na who beg am not to be sellmeat?
at least one match remain. let him score 10 goals nah. wink

eyoniggar:

You all can debate from now till kingdom come on statistics. IMO, the comparison btwn them both
cannot be judged on statistical basis. Its only those that are deprived of differentiating between 1st grade and 3rd grade wud
say CR is a better player to Messi. Infact that cry baby chap is indeed lucky to be compared to the current best player of our
generation with his magical talent. From today henceforth, I resign from debating on this particular topic, it makes me feel like
am even backward .
stop sounding like a broken record player with this your copy and paste post
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by AjanleKoko: 11:16am On May 19, 2011
You know, this can't help but make me reflect on times past. These days, it's apparent that the only two players of distinction in world soccer are these two chaps. Makes you a bit nostalgic how football has changed. Just a little over a decade ago, we had men like Ronaldo Da Lima, Zinedine Zidane, Luis Figo, Rivaldo, Kluivert, Bergkamp, Batistuta, Ortega, Suker, Mijatovic, etc, all playing at the same time, with young boys like Ronaldinho, Owen, and Becks coming up.

Now it's just 2 quality guys who are miles away from the bunch. And given their ages, it's apparent that the debate will continue for a while to come.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by AjanleKoko: 11:19am On May 19, 2011
usbcable:

tsheeeeEew

Something I have noticed with all Madrid supporters, players, and even coaches nowadays.  grin
All they do is COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN undecided about every thing.

If it's not the referees, it must be the FA, UEFA, FIFA, UNICEF, the EU, and even the IOC and World Bank/IMF. Or maybe it is the Mafia, and the Chinese Triad that is causing all of this.

I ask them today: "POR QUE? POR QUE? POR QUE?"
Waiting for their response o grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 12:29pm On May 19, 2011
medjai:

I checked on Wiki and truly, Messi has made 54 appearances.Messi's stats are superior. Messi's assits in the league alone are more than Ronaldo's in all competitions. If Messi were the selfish type he would have scored more goals.

his stats are not superior. messi plays in a 4-3-3 formation, ronaldo does not. the system/formation and tactics play a role in the way goals are scored by each team. messi has 2 wing forwards as options(pedrito and villa), ronaldo has none so you don't expect messi/ronaldo to generate the same number of assists.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by medjai(m): 11:36am On May 20, 2011
coogar:

his stats are not superior. messi plays in a 4-3-3 formation, ronaldo does not. the system/formation and tactics play a role in the way goals are scored by each team. messi has 2 wing forwards as options(pedrito and villa), ronaldo has none so you don't expect messi/ronaldo to generate the same number of assists.
As far as stats go, Messi's are superior.
coogar:

all these stuffs are rubbish. they play in different teams, different formation, different tactics.
Your own words, coogar
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 20, 2011
medjai:

As far as stats go, Messi's are superior.Your own words, coogar
#GBAGAUN, BRUZ U NO TRY AT ALL O
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by switch47(m): 4:32pm On May 20, 2011
C Ronaldo has proved himself to be world class in 3 major leagues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England / Paris Saint-gemain FC Fan Thread: Les Rouge-et-bleu..."Revons plus grand" / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51