Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,965 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master (29845 Views)

Buhari Presented With His National ID Card (Photos) / Kachikwu Sanctions NNPC Staff Over Scandalous Project Exposed By PREMIUM TIMES / ”APC To Release Scandalous Documentary Against President Jonathan" FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by bongolistik(m): 12:12am On Aug 30, 2014
enigmaotr:
You're the goat here if you don't know Mastercard should have no business whatsoever on matters concerning our National Identity. Whether they have access to our data or not.
stop calling or acusing MasterCard here cos dey hav done absolutely nothing wrong here. Learn hw 2 channel ur grievancies 2 d aproprite authorities. What u shuld b sayin is dat Nigerian government shuldnt hav made it a payment card as wel, but since dey hav decided 2 do so, a trustwordy and reliable payment company must com in, nd we al knw Mastacard 4 dat. So dat is jst dat
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 30, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Maybe in your country, not in mine. A billion September 11's can happen everyday for the next 50yrs and we will not surrender our fingerprints or biometrics to the Govt for identification. Nor would we even accept that the entire country will be under one "National I.D card".
If the part of the immigration reforms as put forward by John McCain pass the congress it could be possible. There has been plan to do that for years. It is not a new thing. I quite agree with you many Americans would go against it and many would also support it.

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 30, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Can you just stop talking about what you obviously know absolutely NOTHING about?! I just renewed my passport a few weeks ago and all I had to do was mail in my old passport, passport photographs, and my birth certificate. No fingerprints or biometric info required.
That is not e-passport you got ,dude!

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:16am On Aug 30, 2014
obiscolly:
Oyibo-miss-road. Why are you so interested in the affairs of Nigeria if you truly American. Nairaland is a Nigerian forum, so we'll appreciate you get your filthy a$$ out of here and stop spewing trash. No one gives a damn if your surname is Obama.
Normally, I don't respond to idi*ots,but today is your lucky day...
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 30, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: As an American, I bet you anything that aside from the fact that a background check had to be done when I had my job with the Govt, no other entity on earth has my biometric info, yet you clownish Africans are willingly giving it up for free and for no reason.
Lol... You are joking. You do most of the times you have been caught by the police, dude!
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:16am On Aug 30, 2014
all4naija:
If the part of the immigration reforms as put forward by John McCain pass the congress it could be possible. There has been plan to do that for years. It is not a new thing. I quite agree with you many Americans would go against it and many would also support it.
Smh what the hell are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 30, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

You are gracefully foolish.

Tools like you do not understand the danger of putting all your trust in private companies that will put profit before your welfare.

Secondly, why would a foreign company's logo be on a nigerian document? Is it done in other countries?

is google not a private company? who controls internet services? directly or indirectly,usa and its allies spy on all countries that allow internet or america payment system.

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by bongolistik(m): 12:17am On Aug 30, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: ROFLMAO You've just willing volunteered yourself for slavery and you don't even know it.

Why are you Africans so slow, mentally?
stop lafin nd rolin urself on d floor cos u wil get dirty. D only tin dat u shuld b sayin here is dat dey Nigerian govment shuldnt hav made it a payment card too, simple
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:17am On Aug 30, 2014
all4naija:
Lol... You are joking. You do most of the times you have been caught by the police, dude!
Did you somehow miss the "for free and for no reason" part?

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 30, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Smh what the hell are you talking about?
Buzz off, housefly!
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by MarieSucre(f): 12:18am On Aug 30, 2014
CoolHunk: The US spies on even their closest allies. And the FG somehow contrived to foolishly hand over delicate information to them. The Americans must be laughing at us now. China even outlawed windows 8.
According to you, lets outlaw all forms of technology here. In as much as we would like to demonize the west, what real technological progress have we made without them? China can afford to. for us, it would amount to "cutting off our nose to spite our face".
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by obiscolly(m): 12:19am On Aug 30, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Normally, I don't respond to idi*ots,but today is your lucky day...
American foool! grin
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by arresa: 12:19am On Aug 30, 2014
all4naija: Thank you for your post. Which company handled those biometric identifications? Are those in line with identity theft regarding transaction with a foreign company(credit card)?I read Nigerian money is printed in foreign country so expect those things you talked about to be handled in one form or the other by private company.

Thank you once again.

The process is completely state driven with zero private involvement and capturing and storing bio-metrics is not rocket science.. All you need is trained staff to take images and store them in your database with accompanying info including prints from all ten fingers..

Their system is based on Oracle Biometrics & Identity management Software System.

Even Osun state rolled out ID system for state employees with Biometrics which was done by Charms Plc.

And what's the meaning of ID theft regarding credit card? Any system is vulnerable in today's tech age. Major American banks and institutions gets hacked everyday.

3 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 30, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Did you somehow miss the "for free and for no reason" part?
If you have American passport then you have your fingerprint down the government database.
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 30, 2014
all4naija:
You have said all these things before. It is like we are repeating ourselves. It is a private company and there are terms and agreement to that. It is not easy to released secret information by copmanies to foreigne government as you are trying to make it looks like. Unless they are willing to give it out on excuses that their security system has been breached.

I don't so much see anything wrong in it having master card on board with Nigerian ID card. If Nigerians feel it's a wrong notion to have this done then they are possibly going the wrong way to modernize. There is even a plan to have the social security card in the USA biometric.

E-payment is evolving rapidly in Asia yet Nigerians are complaining here. It ease the process of transaction. The identification part of the card is not going to be handled by master card but by the Nigerian government. Why don't you look at it from that perspective?

Lol, I forgot you're a coon. grin Why am I wasting my time on you? Making you see facts will amount to telling nocturnal animals, like bats, to see clearly during daylight. You're still my favourite half-neanderthal though. wink

Anyway, how would the verification process be done in transactions without Mastercard having a database of the people's biometric data? grin

Go to bed.

4 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 30, 2014
arresa:

The process is completely state driven with zero private involvement and capturing and storing bio-metrics is not rocket science.. All you need is trained staff to take images and store them in your database with accompanying info including prints from all ten fingers..

Their system is based on Oracle Biometrics & Identity management Software System.

Even Osun state rolled out ID system for state employees with Biometrics which was done by Charms Plc.

And what's the meaning of ID theft regarding credit card? Any system is vulnerable in today's tech age. Major American banks and institutions gets hacked everyday.

You are looking at it from one side of the coin. The other side is on the card storage itself. That can be as good as what you have on the government database. You keep pointing to rocket science as if that will make your statement more assertive. I am not so much ignorance of e-identity as you think though.
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:25am On Aug 30, 2014
bongolistik: stop lafin nd rolin urself on d floor cos u wil get dirty. D only tin dat u shuld b sayin here is dat dey Nigerian govment shuldnt hav made it a payment card too, simple
I don't care if they made it a "Have-free-beers-and-threeso*mes-with-two-strippers-on-a-sunday-night" card. What I'm saying is it is very dumb to hand over the biometric info of your entire economic and (potential) fighting force to a foreign entity.

3 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 30, 2014
SirShymex:

Lol, I forgot you're a coon. grin Why am I wasting my time on you? Making you see facts will amount to telling nocturnal animals, like bats, to see clearly during daylight. You're still my favourite half-neanderthal though. wink

Anyway, how would the verification process be done in transactions without Mastercard having a database of the people's biometric data? grin

Go to bed.
Lol... I have always been a bat, you know. That is the basic reason I can see in the dark more than you can. Bwahaha... cheesy grin cool.

Even without the biometric ID card a person who wants to use mastercard information will still be provided to the company and it would be as good as the biometric.

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:28am On Aug 30, 2014
all4naija:
If you have American passport then you have your fingerprint down the government database.
Ok, ure clearly an idi.ot. Speak on what you know.

2 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:32am On Aug 30, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Ok, ure clearly an idi.ot. Speak on what you know.
Oh, yeah! You seem to be a newbie. You don't have American passport. So, get lost!

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by bongolistik(m): 12:33am On Aug 30, 2014
Most ppl criticizing dis ar doing it 4rm d wrong angle. Mastercard logo coming in is not d issue, since d card can also be used as payment card. D main bone of contention here shuld be, if it is dat necesary 4 a national id 2 be used also as payment card, and dat makin it dat way wil be cost intensive,. So al doz sayin selin identities 2 mastacard, dat is neva d isue here, cos am sure dat most of u already use mastacard asid dis.
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by LOVEGINO(m): 12:35am On Aug 30, 2014
Naija my country! U do, dem talk. U no do, dem talk. Make d world end make we rest abeg.
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 30, 2014
all4naija:
Lol... I have always been a bat, you know. That is the basic reason I can see in the dark more than you can. Bwahaha... cheesy grin cool.

Even without the biometric ID card a person who wants to use master card information will still be provided to the company and it would be as good as the biometric.

Lol, don't bet on that - I see clearly both during the day and night. Kind of like a golden eagle mixed with cat!

Anyway, it's not like I'm ever going to get the idi.otic thing - I don't need it for anything. But it's just a pity seeing black slave owners sell spooks for porridge, yet the same undiscerning slaves will come up tomorrow to cry western imperialism. Must every darn thing be privatised?

GEJ's administration is reminiscent of Yeltsin the drunkard's Russia. I won't be surprised if Nigerians are already eating out of garbage cans, with the destructive extreme capitalism and lack of foresight of this administration.

3 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:40am On Aug 30, 2014
____

4 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 30, 2014
SirShymex:

Lol, don't bet on that - I see clearly both during the day and night. Kind of like a golden eagle mixed with cat!

Anyway, it's not like I'm ever going to get the idi.otic thing - I don't need it for anything. But it's just a pity seeing black slave owners sell spooks for porridge, yet the same undiscerning slaves will come up tomorrow to cry western imperialism. Must every darn thing be privatised?

GEJ's administration is reminiscent of Yeltsin the drunkard's Russia. I won't be surprised if Nigerians are already eating out of garbage cans, with the destructive extreme capitalism and lack of foresight of this administration.
I completely disagree with your views!

Thank you , bro!
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 30, 2014
all4naija:
I completely disagree with your views!

Thank you , bro!

Well, Uncle Tom will always disagree with a rebellious free black man.

And like Harriet Tubman said: "I freed a thousand slaves I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Check yourself - not all that glitter is gold.

5 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 30, 2014
BadBoy25: ahahaha slaves!! you have signed your life away . you are now owned by mastercard .
That is not true! Read the OP post.

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by arresa: 12:44am On Aug 30, 2014
all4naija: You are looking at it from one side of the coin. The other side is on the card storage itself. That can be as good as what you have on the government database. You keep pointing to rocket science as if that will make your statement more assertive. I am not so much ignorance of e-identity as you think though.

Of course, bio-metrics is no rocket science, it looks huge to you because your incompetent and can't do anything federal government created the silly impression by selling Nigerians and their data to foreign commercial entities who are subject to rules and regulations in their own countries including asking MasterCard to surrender your info or stop all transactions with you. US National security means anything to you?

You keep talking about storage.. What about your quote below?

The identification part of the card is not going to be handled by master card but by the Nigerian government. Why don't you look at it from that perspective?

So what storage are you talking about?

You are in effect ridiculing and indicting your own federal government by even insinuating that they are incapable of safely effecting, storing and protecting common database.

Well, they can not protect 3 out of 36 states in Nigeria so no surprise here anyway..

3 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by ogbronx(m): 12:46am On Aug 30, 2014
Seriously, if you dont see the master card thing and logo of a foreign company on something as important as our national ID an aberration, then you must be dumb. This gej govt clearly revealed to me that majority of Nigerians are parochial.
Come may 2015 or 2019 when GEJ will be leaving aso villa, these set of parochial pple would be dumber than today. This theory is best explained by another example which is, the home video industry as it is now, makes(proven please from a research) pple dumb. GEJ also has this effect on almost all his supporters.
Ask a supporter why he wants GEJ to continue in office, you won't get reasonable answers other than those related to bigotry or the lies of a transformation agenda.
What is really disheartening is the way other regions would view my south south region where some of the best minds are from. The irony beats me.
This admin stinks of mediocrity.

3 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 30, 2014
SirShymex:

Well, Uncle Tom will always disagree with a rebellious free black man.

And like Harriet Tubman said: "I freed a thousand slaves I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Check yourself - not all the glitter is gold.
Bwahaha... I am not uncle Tom. So much for moving along with modernity. Good though!

Let's been sincere for once. The government only brand the national ID card with mastercard.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Jonathan Makes ‘last Minute’ Cancellation Of Aso Rock Trip / Kiki Osinbajo Reveals What Happened After She Met A Troll / Hoodlums Attack Atiku’s Wife In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.