Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master (29863 Views)

Buhari Presented With His National ID Card (Photos) / Kachikwu Sanctions NNPC Staff Over Scandalous Project Exposed By PREMIUM TIMES / ”APC To Release Scandalous Documentary Against President Jonathan" FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Rilwayne001: 6:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
Mtscheee
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by iceberylin(m): 6:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
only in Nigeria can rubbish happen.....clueless Johna

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by eunisam: 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
GØOD GØODER GOODEST.

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Shaadey: 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
Confused
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by rattlesnake(m): 6:33pm On Aug 29, 2014
2015 whatever it takes we geth there

if they want they can brand thei ID card with UEFA CHAPIONSHIP OR LINK IT TO DANGOTES ACCOUNT
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
What else were people expecting? This is what happens when you have *Idiots* and mentally challenged baboons at the helm of affairs....They are simply too dumb....

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by naijaking1: 6:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
AZeD1:
Dude you are the 'olodo' here. How do you get accurate count when you are only registering from 16 and above?

See how you dey expose your ignorance. That's how to start social security data registration. In the US it used to be 21, then 18, then 16, and now you have a number once your mama born you.
It is progressive, once again learn before coming here to yell 'outrage'

2 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
naijaking1: Outrage, what outrage.?
Congratulations to GEJ for having the guts to lay the foundation stone of Nigeria ' s future economic and security development based on data.
Only criminal s, terrorists, and people who don't want accurate demographical information about Nigeria have this so - called outrage. Majority of Nigerians are happy for the upward trajectory of our development.
Congratulations Oga GEJ!

Ode! Read the post again and use your non existing brain power to decipher the point the poster is trying to drive home. YOU ARE JUST A BLOODY *FOOL* !!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by AZeD1(m): 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
naijaking1:
See how you dey expose your ignorance. That's how to start social security data registration. In the US it used to be 21, then 18, then 16, and now you have a number once your mama born you.
It is progressive, once again learn before coming here to yell 'outrage'
Dude get a good education. You cannot get accurate population count with National ID

There is a word called migration.

Even the USA does census

3 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by stevecantrell: 6:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
AZeD1:
I'm pretty sure i know more than you.

Do you think the mastercard logo is just for design?

The truth is Mastercard could very well do this without putting their logo but that will defeat the whole purpose. They will eventually link it to your bank accounts.
You don't have to worry about paying your outstanding taxes, lastma fines, levies, tenement rate, land use charge to your govt anymore...mastercard will simply direct debit it from your bank acct to your govt's acct...isn't that nice ? wink

On a serious note, any serious govt with anti-trust laws shouldn't allow this. A whole 180 million Nigerian people shouldn't be forced to answer to one financial entity. I doubt mastercard have a market share of 180million customers in the US alone. A country of 300 million.

The globalists are finally realising their dream...turning the world into ONE big corporation.

9 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by smudge2079(m): 6:44pm On Aug 29, 2014
nice one. a good step in d right direction.

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by AZeD1(m): 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
stevecantrell:

The truth is Mastercard could very well do this without putting their logo but that will defeat the whole purpose. They will eventually link it to your bank accounts.
You don't have to worry about paying your outstanding taxes, levies, tenement rate, land use charge to your govt anymore...mastercard will simply direct debit it from your bank acct to your govt's acct...isn't that nice ? wink

On a serious note, any serious govt with anti-trust laws shouldn't allow this. A whole 180 million Nigerian people shouldn't be forced to answer to one financial entity. I doubt mastercard have a market share of 180million customers in the US alone. A country of 300 million.

Dude there is no way i am linking my bank account to the National Id card

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by PhockPhockMan: 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
AZeD1:
I'm pretty sure i know more than you.

Do you think the mastercard logo is just for design?
Stop celebrating your naivety here. MTN,u AIRTEL And ETISALAT are all foreign companies, yet they in possession of personal information of millions of Nigerians including you, if NSA want any of the information from any of them, including Glo, an indigenous company, its a matter of pinch of button.

4 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Malakh: 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
whether una like am or not una go dey inside the belly of the Beast... that is in their global database...no escaping except u hide in holes n mountains

2 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by emog17(m): 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
Those of u saying it is bad to hv MasterCard on our national I.D card, i wnt to ask u; why does our naira notes, a symbol of national identity have Arabic inscription on it which no one understands except the Muslims? cos i knw we weren't colonized by d Arabs and neither is Arabic our official language.

9 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Memyselfu2009(m): 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
a very good move but what happens to the rural dwellers i mean those in the rural areas who are not educated enough what alternative will be provided for them. and i also think internet fraud will increase. its a good moves but also have side effect
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by oroagba: 6:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
AZeD1:
Dude you are the 'olodo' here. How do you get accurate count when you are only registering from 16 and above?

I can see that you are arguing from a position of ignorance and assumption. According to NIMC website, everybody can register and get a National Identification Number, but only those aged 16 and above will get the card.

Also, only if u use the card for financial transaction will payment data be shared with the payment processing company. MasterCard does not have access to personal or biometric data, only to information your bank has.

We should stop criticizing just for the sake of playing to the gallery. Seek information before drawing conclusions.

As for me, I look forward to getting my card.

4 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Malakh: 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
Memyselfu2009: a very good move but what happens to the rural dwellers i mean those in the rural areas who are not educated enough what alternative will be provided for them. and i also think internet fraud will increase. its a good moves but also have side effect

dem go get am,its a matter of time
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Philipmems(m): 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
Frankly speaking this branding and rebranding of our national identity is highly embarrassing, the deed has already been done and there's nothing we can do about it for now. I heard the reason it was given to MasterCard is because your bank account will be synchronized/ configured into it so its more like an identity card and also a one stop shop for all your electronic data card transactions... Meaning you can use it to collect money from the ATM anywhere in the world, pay for items through POS anywhere in the world, police can get your data from it when they stop you.... They will see if your papers are up to date from one touch of a button.. that police second part na lie oh...
All this can one be achieved if you have an international carrier that is presently run in the country and I think master card is an international carrier right for the job. Well this is what the owners of the country said and I think if done right it won't be a bad idea.. As for the logo abeg make there comot am put Proudly naija after all na contract which is been paid for so I don't see why you should still own it because you made it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by olapluto(m): 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
Systematic sales of Nigeria on the way. Imagine one day we have a very good president who starts to make policies that benefit Nigerians. If it is against the wish of the Americans, they sanction us (like they did to Russia). So what sanction?
Block our national ID card....And lets say by that time, banks have all been linked to 'national ID''mastercard'. Means a period of chaos. We wont be able to access our money, our lives and data will be under a button for the yanks to press.
Good one GEJ. You do well my brother from Otuoke.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by oroagba: 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
AZeD1:

The payment part of the card is prepaid and not linked to your bank account. Seek information, ask questions before drawing conclusions.
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Orikinla(m): 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
Good idea.
It will boost the Nigerian economy.

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by naijaking1: 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
AZeD1:
Dude get a good education. You cannot get accurate population count with National ID

There is a word called migration.

Even the USA does census

You are right. The data collection can't directly give you accurate census, but on the long run, the data, birth and death rate, school enrollment, etc can be used as adjuncts to accurate census.
If 1 million people have cards, work in Aba for example, you will not only estimate the tax they could pay, but you will know that on census day, there's no way some body would put Aba population at 100 whether people were home or not.
Once again I assumed an average reader would know these things, but not you.
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by jiggerwheezy: 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
I think the logo on d ID card doesn't mean anything. Its just to show that it is being powered by mastercard & when making use of it in transactions requiring money, when ask to select the company its being powered with, u simple remember its mastercard. If u do online shopping transaction you will know about this more. GEJ is transforming naija

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by AZeD1(m): 6:53pm On Aug 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan: Stop celebrating your naivety here. MTN,u AIRTEL And ETISALAT are all foreign companies, yet they in possession of personal information of millions of Nigerians including you, if NSA want any of the information from any of them, including Glo, an indigenous company, its a matter of pinch of button.
MTN or Airtel having my data is by choice, is National ID compulsory?

By the way, why don't we stamp Microsoft or Audi or Xaomi on the Nigerian passport?

4 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by stevecantrell: 6:53pm On Aug 29, 2014
AZeD1:

Its not up to you dude...if this thing goes live that's exactly what you're govt is gonna do to you. They want to bleep u in the ass while force you to smile at the same time. If you don't want this, petition your govt now before its too late. Its a long-term strategy but it will surely get to that one day.

The world is watching this keenly, if it succeeds here , they will roll out the scheme in other third world countries.

2 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Joy83(m): 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
RedEboe: In that case OP, kindly close all your Facebook, Twitter or Gmail accounts, afterall they have your data too. 1diot
Thank you joor! Or they should stop having ATM card because its Verve or interswitch or mastercard.
Enemy of progress sha!... These kind of things are the one turning a developing country to a developed country.

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by AZeD1(m): 7:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
stevecantrell:

Its not up to you dude...if this thing goes live that's exactly what you're govt is gonna do to you. They want to bleep u in the ass while force you to smile at the same time. If you don't want this, petition your govt now before its too late. Its a long-term strategy but it will surely get to that one day.

The world is watching this keenly, if it succeeds here , they will roll out the scheme in other third world countries.

Dude any account that gets linked to that card, will never be funded.
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by franklininu: 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
so its really happening. Now one can use ID to buy and sell.

"""""The Identity Management Commission said it was working with other government agencies to harmonize all identity databases including the Driver’s License, Voter Registration, Health Insurance, Tax, SIM and the National Pension Commission into a single, shared services platform."""""

Well I don't expect some people to undertand until it will be announced that " we ve now changed the ID into a new micro chip, but this time it will be embedded on the forehead or back of the palm"

ENDTIME THINGS

5 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Bawss1(m): 7:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan: Stop celebrating your naivety here. MTN,u AIRTEL And ETISALAT are all foreign companies, yet they in possession of personal information of millions of Nigerians including you, if NSA want any of the information from any of them, including Glo, an indigenous company, its a matter of pinch of button.

Pinch of a button eh? grin

2 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by pendusky(m): 7:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Its a New Idea we should buy into it...

Wer still not independent .... grin grin grin
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by stevecantrell: 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
AZeD1:

Dude any account that gets linked to that card, will never be funded.

But you're missing the point, ALL your information will be encoded on the chip on the mastercard. The govt and Mastercard will have knowledge and access to ALL your bank accounts.
Better keep your money inside your mattress. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Fayose Meets Ayodele Dada Daniel At An Event In Lagos. Photos / N80b Salary Debt: Akeredolu Begs Ondo Workers To Waive Outstanding Salaries / 10th NASS: South-West Senators Consider Other Options, May Drop Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.