Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master (29842 Views)

Buhari Presented With His National ID Card (Photos) / Kachikwu Sanctions NNPC Staff Over Scandalous Project Exposed By PREMIUM TIMES / ”APC To Release Scandalous Documentary Against President Jonathan" FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Douglasdale(m): 12:46am On Aug 30, 2014
AZeD1:
I'm pretty sure i know more than you.

Do you think the mastercard logo is just for design?
What logo is on your bank ATM card? Its either Mastercard, Visa or Verve. And it still has your details too.
America will know.

2 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 30, 2014
arresa:

Of course, bio-metrics is no rocket science, it looks huge to you because your incompetent and can't do anything federal government created the silly impression by selling Nigerians and their data to foreign commercial entities who are subject to rules and regulations in their own countries including asking MasterCard to surrender your info or stop all transactions with you. US National security means anything to you?

You keep talking about storage.. What about your quote below?

So what storage are you talking about?

You are in effect ridiculing and indicting your own federal government by even insinuating that they are incapable of safely effecting, storing and protecting common database.

Well, they can not protect 3 out of 36 states in Nigeria so no surprise here anyway..

I think you need to educate yourself. There is nothing about sell-out here rather you guys are the ones making that up. Your gross ignorance won't let you get organized and live like civilized people. You primitive man!
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:50am On Aug 30, 2014
_____

3 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 30, 2014
all4naija:
Bwahaha... I am not uncle Tom. So much for moving along with modernity. Good though!

Let's been sincere for once. The government only brand the national ID card with master card.

And what's "modernity" got to do with selling your own people's sensitive details out for porridge?

The same way "modernity" made those African kings sell their own folks into slavery, for mirrors, no?

3 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 30, 2014
SirShymex:

And what's "modernity" got to do with selling your own people's sensitive details out for porridge?

The same way "modernity" made those African kings sell their own folks into slavery, for mirrors, no?
Can you really point to where the data is being sold out in the OP? Take it from me. Most Nigerians are scared of anything that involves America because of inferiority, enviousness and backwardness. Bwahaha...

Slaves weren't sold by African kings but raided by slave masters. Stop lying!

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by lanrefront1(m): 12:56am On Aug 30, 2014
I swear with all my mind, Jonathan Presidency is dangerous to Nigerian. This guy is truly daft. He should not be a President.

Apart form the obvious security implications, the most important reason why this is unfathomable is this: how can you have the logo of company, not to mention that of a foreign company be on the National ID Card of Nigeria, the Oil Giant, the most populous black nation on earth.

Anyone who sees nothing wrong with that is a first class idiot after the the order GEJ.

A national ID card ought to be a symbol of national pride. Even the US will never allow the symbol of an American company on its ID card(it has one) or passport.

The daftness of Jonathan and those around him is really beginning to propel to ridiculous heights. Are they striving to collect an award in national stupidity?

God help us. I shudder to think that this Administration will rule for four more years. This national ID card scheme can only make us the laughing stock of the world.

3 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:57am On Aug 30, 2014
all4naija:
Can you really point to where the data is being sold out in the OP? Take it from me. Most Nigerians are scared of anything that involves America because of inferiority, enviousness and backwardness. Bwahaha...

It's a public private patnership (PPP) and mastercard bankrolled the whole scheme, perhaps in return for all the perks that come with it. That's where the "selling-out" comes in. This isn't about America, it's about national security and the rights of the people.

Stop being a repulsive yokel!

2 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:58am On Aug 30, 2014
all4naija:

Slaves weren't sold by African kings but raided by slave masters. Stop lying![/i]

A lot were raided and some were sold.

And African leaders today are effectively doing the same thing - they're the modern slave masters!

2 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 30, 2014
lanrefront1: I swear with all my mind, Jonathan Presidency is dangerous to Nigerian. This guy is truly daft. He should not be a President.

Apart form the obvious security implications, the most important reason why this is unfathomable is this: how can you have the logo of company, not to mention that of a foreign company be on the National ID Card of Nigeria, the Oil Giant, the most populous black nation on earth.

Anyone who sees nothing wrong with that is a first class idiot after the the order GEJ.

A national ID card ought to be a symbol of national pride. Even the US will never allow the symbol of an American company on its ID card(it has one) or passport.

The daftness of Jonathan and those around him is really beginning to propel to ridiculous heights. Are they striving to collect an award in national stupidity?

God help us. I shudder to think that this Administration will rule for four more years. This national ID card scheme can only make us the laughing stock of the world.

They can remove the logo, if that is the problem. You're exhibiting arrogance here, if not, there is no big deal about the logo either.

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:01am On Aug 30, 2014
SirShymex:

You know the biggest Problem we're witnessing here? Nigerians don't know what it means to be "free". They also believe if the Govt says it, then it must be right. That's why they don't understand the significance of anyone having access to their fingerprints. How do you explain to them that you are not your name, but your biometrics. And, just as you would safe guard you name and won't allow anyone misuse it, so should you your fingerprints, Retina scan, DNA sample ect. I bet if Visa or Discover came tomorrow and asked to issue them numbers but they had to provide blood samples, most of these clowns will adhere to it.

2 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 1:01am On Aug 30, 2014
SirShymex:

A lot were raided and some were sold.

And African leaders today are effectively doing the same thing - they're the modern slave masters!
Those possibly sold, if at all they were, is not up to a grain in 100 KG bag of sand.
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 30, 2014
all4naija: They can remove the logo, if that is the problem. You're exhibiting arrogance here, if not, there is no big deal about the logo either.

Nah, remove the darn logo, and remove mastercard from the whole scheme including the biometric transaction nonsense.

If mastercard wants to start a biometric payment system in Nigeria, they should take it to the banks and let folks do so based on choice. You can't force people into an idi.otic scheme they don't want to be part of.

4 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 30, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: You know the biggest Problem we're witnessing here? Nigerians don't know what it means to be "free". They also believe if the Govt says it, then it must be right. That's why they don't understand the significance of anyone having access to their fingerprints. How do you explain to them that you are not your name, but your biometrics. And, just as you would safe guard you name and won't allow anyone misuse it, so should you your fingerprints, Retina scan, DNA sample ect. I bet if Visa or Discover came tomorrow and asked to issue them numbers but they had to provide blood samples, most of these clowns will adhere to it.
You are making a mountain out of molehill. Stop acting as though you are more exposed than everybody here. You don't even know you are using e-passport but willing to talk about biometric with poor views. Smh... angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry

2 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:05am On Aug 30, 2014
Ok, Mod why are you deleting my posts? You don't want me to enlighten your people and rescue them from perpetual slavery?

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 30, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: You know the biggest Problem we're witnessing here? Nigerians don't know what it means to be "free". They also believe if the Govt says it, then it must be right. That's why they don't understand the significance of anyone having access to their fingerprints. How do you explain to them that you are not your name, but your biometrics. And, just as you would safe guard you name and won't allow anyone misuse it, so should you your fingerprints, Retina scan, DNA sample ect. I bet if Visa or Discover came tomorrow and asked to issue them numbers but they had to provide blood samples, most of these clowns will adhere to it.

Cray!

Also, with this scheme, mastercard will effectively dominate the Nigerian economy by itself. And isn't privatisation about competition?

Everything about this scheme is just so wrong it's not even funny. Who signed Nigeria into this madness?

4 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 1:06am On Aug 30, 2014
SirShymex:

Nah, remove the darn logo, and remove mastercard from the whole scheme including the biometric transaction nonsense.

If mastercard wants to start a biometric payment system in Nigeria, they should take it to the banks and let folks do so based on choice. You can't force people into an idi.otic scheme they don't want to be part of.
But, I want it(for example)! Should they because of you prevent me from having it? grin

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by lanrefront1(m): 1:07am On Aug 30, 2014
all4naija:

Slaves weren't sold by African kings but raided by slave masters. Stop lying!

If don't know that slaves were sold by African rulers to Americans, then you really know next to nothing about African history. Kings wages inter-tribal wars just to raid up people to sell off as slaves to slave buyers from across the seas.

2 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 30, 2014
all4naija:
Those possibly sold, if at all they were, is not up to a grain in 100 KG bag of sand.

Lol, keep living in denial and telling porkies to someone who knows a lot about Ijebu history. grin

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:07am On Aug 30, 2014
all4naija:
You are making a mountain out of molehill. Stop acting as though you are more exposed than everybody here. You don't even know you are using e-passport but willing to talk about biometric with poor views. Smh... angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry
Dude, shut the f*xck up, seriously, you're unbelievably annoying. E-passport... biometrics in U.S passport ect. Just shut the hell up!

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by musicwriter(m): 1:08am On Aug 30, 2014
It's too late to worry about this. If you've ever been issued a Visa/mastercard ATM card by your bank, then be sure Visa or Mastercard already have all your details.

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by lanrefront1(m): 1:10am On Aug 30, 2014
all4naija: They can remove the logo, if that is the problem. You're exhibiting arrogance here, if not, there is no big deal about the logo either.

there is no big deal about the logo? I don't even know what reply to give to you.... I can't believe educated people talk like this......this is unbelievable....

5 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 30, 2014
SirShymex:

It's a public private patnership (PPP) and mastercard bankrolled the whole scheme, perhaps in return for all the perks that come with it. That's where the "selling-out" comes in. This isn't about America, it's about national security and the rights of the people.

Stop being a repulsive yokel!
Mastercard is a private entity. If national identity information is what people are crying about here they are cheapskates. I still think those who are worried are either ignorance of the scheme, scared due to their scam nature or for other baseless reasons.
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:12am On Aug 30, 2014
musicwriter: It's too late to worry about this. If you've ever been issued a Visa/mastercard ATM card by your bank, then be sure Visa or Mastercard already have all your details.
And your fingerprints and retina scan too?
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 1:12am On Aug 30, 2014
lanrefront1:

there is no big deal about the logo? I don't even know what reply to give to you.... I can't believe educated people talk like this......this is unbelievable....
Speak up! This is not about my education. You are good in throwing tantrum. Of what significance is the education part of your post when you can't express yourself? Jeez! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:13am On Aug 30, 2014
lanrefront1:

Does that clown seem to you like someone you should classify as "educated"?
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 1:13am On Aug 30, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: And your fingerprints and retina scan too?
Stop fueling the burning ignorance. This is a laudable plan.

2 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 1:15am On Aug 30, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Does that clown seem to you like someone you should classify as "educated"?
You don't look like one to me either? Please, Mr educator... angry

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:20am On Aug 30, 2014
Nigerians...Oh poor ignorant Nigerians.... first they fall for a National ID card, next they give up their biometrics --- the only thing they had against total Government control--- to a foreign organization.

These are clearly a people that'll be controlled by the Govt for the foreseeable future...probably till eternity.
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 1:21am On Aug 30, 2014
_____

3 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 1:25am On Aug 30, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Nigerians...Oh poor ignorant Nigerians.... first they fall for a National ID card, next they give up their biometrics --- the only thing they had against total Government control--- to a foreign organization.

These are clearly a people that'll be controlled by the Govt for the foreseeable future...probably till eternity.
uh-huh! That is coming from somebody who can not explain the reason why it is a bad plan and provide evidences to support that view. I still think you aren't even sure of what you are talking about because you have no single proof.

This is the image of front of the card below. I am still searching for the back to see where the mastercard's logo is located because it is not in the front.

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 1:26am On Aug 30, 2014
BadBoy25: Breaking News : President Jonathan along with other african leaders have been summoned at the white house for questioning by President Obama .
I like to see that happens. It is going to be interesting to watch on the news. grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 1:28am On Aug 30, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Dude, shut the f*xck up, seriously, you're unbelievably annoying. E-passport... biometrics in U.S passport ect. Just shut the hell up!
Dude, you are not living in the US! Stop making fool of yourself!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? / Remote, Immediate Causes Of Crimes, Insecurity And Instability In Nigeria / If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.