Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather (4494 Views)

Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism / Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism / Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by netotse(m): 5:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
jmaine:

You sound like an active participant in the power sector. I will like to be hearing more from you as an insider whether it is for or against the government of the day . . . .

Yep I am, I've been on both sides (public and private), I've spent some time around a hydro plant before but these days gas run plants tend to be more my thing. I see a bit of coal in my future too but you never know cheesy.

Feel free to ask questions, as long as it doesn't involve politics I'd be happy to try and answer.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
jmaine dey everly get excuse.
I swear! The dude doesn't give up in his arguments. You no see say I just slack? I no get power to argue abeg! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by jmaine: 5:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
gists:
hmmm. I see. First I didn't say there aren't any. To the best of my knowledge NLNG (the chief client of the oil company when it comes to gas) is still able to substantially meet its contractual obligations as the oil coys somehow miraculously are able to get gas supplied to NLNG. It is only when it comes to supplying gas to ipps that apc come to the picture. So this kind of goes against your logic of "overall number and frequency". Also, private industries like PZ, flour mills, NB are able to get gas and generate power from gas supplied by the oil companies. The number of frequency of vandalisation does not affect these private industries, but somehow ipps are not because of some VERY FREQUENT vandalisation of gas lines right?

Again by your logic, shell, mobil, total, chevron all send gas on a common gas line trunk to all the gas powered ipps abi? Such that one episode will take out the supply from ALL the oil coys to ALL the IPPs right (shockwave)? What a dumb company they must be grin grin grin

APC must be blamed for all the evils in the country. Even where there is non, create an hoax problem and blame it on apc grin grin grin

You just went on a lengthy rail without much direction. No offense.

The gas pipeline sabotage is often recorded in the western region, so definitely all power facilities dependent on that supply takes a blow and that equally sends shock waves across the states dependent on the affected gas trunk . . . .

Gas pipelines saboteurs can come from various facets be it for political or economic sustenance.

Am sure you don't know better than those directly involve with those repairs after an act of unspeakable sabotage . . . . .
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by jmaine: 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
netotse:

Yep I am, I've been on both sides (public and private), I've spent some time around a hydro plant before but these days gas run plants tend to be more my thing. I see a bit of coal in my future too but you never know cheesy.

Feel free to ask questions, as long as it doesn't involve politics I'd be happy to try and answer.

Okay bruv, I will always try to reach you when pertinent questions arise. I will be following you from henceforth . . . .

Cheers . . . . .
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by gists: 6:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
jmaine:

You just went on a lengthy rail without much direction. No offense.

The gas pipeline sabotage is often recorded in the western region, so definitely all power facilities dependent on that supply takes a blow and that equally sends shock waves across the states dependent on the affected gas trunk . . . .

Gas pipelines saboteurs can come from various facets be it for political or economic sustenance.

Am sure you don't know better than those directly involve with those repairs after an act of unspeakable sabotage . . . . .

You don't know what I do for a living. So I find it funny when you said I don't know better than those involved with repairs. Anyway, that's on a side note. The point I am trying to make is ipps are in virtually all the geographical zones in the country. So even if gas supply to one zone is affected by vandalisation of the trunk line, should that be the excuse why the majority of the ipps aren't working as it is currently? I cited examples of PZ and NB that doesn't seem to be affected by the vandalisation to buttress the point. I am just wondering why some pro pdp ppl are ever so eager to defend this administration when it comes to lack of power and that apc is the saboteure. Don't tell me you've not heard this from pdp loyalists.
I'm sorry I can't help furter if you still don't get my direction.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
poiZon:

young man correct urself, u r not a lover of nigeria but a lover of buhari n apc. even if nigeria moves positively n its working sofar its not an apc govt doing the trick, to you n ur cohorts na SCAM. ALL U WANNA see is nigeria fails so you guys will hv somefing to campaign about.
sha keep it up, but pray when buhari enters u should be favoured. cos it will be bad after all ur works here on nairaland n at d end u endup losing.
very funny
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
berem: I swear! The dude doesn't give up in his arguments. You no see say I just slack? I no get power to argue abeg! grin grin
He argues front and back without having a direction. I don't involve myself in such argument...cos its a waste of tym
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by jmaine: 6:52pm On Aug 30, 2014
barcanista: He argues front and back without having a direction. I don't involve myself in such argument...cos its a waste of tym

Simply because I don't allow you to escape with your confident distortion of facts to suit your ego . . . .

Whenever I see those lies, I will always dispel them whether you like them or not . . . . . .
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by jmaine: 6:56pm On Aug 30, 2014
gists:

You don't know what I do for a living. So I find it funny when you said I don't know better than those involved with repairs. Anyway, that's on a side note. The point I am trying to make is ipps are in virtually all the geographical zones in the country. So even if gas supply to one zone is affected by vandalisation of the trunk line, should that be the excuse why the majority of the ipps aren't working as it is currently? I cited examples of PZ and NB that doesn't seem to be affected by the vandalisation to buttress the point. I am just wondering why some pro pdp ppl are ever so eager to defend this administration when it comes to lack of power and that apc is the saboteure. Don't tell me you've not heard this from pdp loyalists.
I'm sorry I can't help furter if you still don't get my direction.

Does PZ and NB feed off from the same trunk supplying the power plants ? . .
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by netotse(m): 10:23am On Aug 31, 2014
jmaine:
U
Does PZ and NB feed off from the same trunk supplying the power plants ? . .
PZ I'm 100% sure of, if NB uses gas in the SW the they would in some way.

@gists
it depends on which pipeline is vandalised, e.g. the news article that was pasted somewhere on this thread about ELPS being vandalised last year, that's one of the worst times I've experiemced, both private and public companies were affected. I'm aware NGC declared a force majeure on gas supplies to all customers feeding off ELPS in any way(PZ woulda been included, also the west african gas pipeline was affected). Why people wont notice is that these smaller consumers (industry) can resort to alternatives like diesel et al.

P.S. you should read some of the reviews of dangotes half year result and see what low gas availability did to his profits, also check out how much he plans to spend on coal.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by jmaine: 10:31am On Aug 31, 2014
netotse:
PZ I'm 100% sure of, if NB uses gas in the SW the they would in some way.

@gists
it depends on which pipeline is vandalised, e.g. the news article that was pasted somewhere on this thread about ELPS being vandalised last year, that's one of the worst times I've experiemced, both private and public companies were affected. I'm aware NGC declared a force majeure on gas supplies to all customers feeding off ELPS in any way(PZ woulda been included, also the west african gas pipeline was affected). Why people wont notice is that these smaller consumers (industry) can resort to alternatives like diesel et al.

P.S. you should read some of the reviews of dangotes half year result and see what low gas availability did to his profits, also check out how much he plans to spend on coal.

Thank you for clearing all doubts, I asked gists a very valid question to come to a logical conclusion on the subject matter.

Cos he gave me the impression that the examples he gave were immune to the attacks and I seeked to know their supply relativity.

Thanks for your insight . . . . .cheers . . . .
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by netotse(m): 4:45pm On Sep 16, 2014
jmaine:

Thank you for clearing all doubts, I asked gists a very valid question to come to a logical conclusion on the subject matter.

Cos he gave me the impression that the examples he gave were immune to the attacks and I seeked to know their supply relativity.

Thanks for your insight . . . . .cheers . . . .

hey, thought you might want to know,

as part of this NNPC strike, NGC has shut off gas supply to it's customers so you should expect lousy electricity supply until the issue is resolved.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by jmaine: 3:58am On Sep 17, 2014
netotse:

as part of this NNPC strike, NGC has shut off gas supply to it's customers so you should expect lousy electricity supply until the issue is resolved.

Sure, I can feel the drastic shortage in power supply. Hopefully the issue is sorted out ASAP.

Thanks for the valuable update. . . .
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 28, 2015
Where is the power now?
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 28, 2015
netotse:

Oga engineer, where is the power?
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 28, 2015
jmaine:

Sure, I can feel the drastic shortage in power supply. Hopefully the issue is sorted out ASAP.

Thanks for the valuable update. . . .
Deputy oga engineer, the dry season is here, where is the power?
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by jmaine: 4:38pm On Jan 28, 2015
Obiagelli:

Deputy oga engineer, the dry season is here, where is the power?

I dey watch GEJ for AIT live with power supply . . .
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 28, 2015
jmaine:

I dey watch GEJ for AIT live with power supply . . .
Make we all come connect light for your house?
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 28, 2015
Pga pdp engineer wia the light?
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by netotse(m): 5:38pm On Jan 28, 2015
Obiagelli:

Oga engineer, where is the power?

if there's something you want to clarify I'd be willing to help,
if what you want is to get into a pointless argument with someone, I'm not your man grin
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 28, 2015
netotse:

if there's something you want to clarify I'd be willing to help,
if what you want is to get into a pointless argument with someone, I'm not your man grin
I no get light for dry season , that na why i contact chief engineer

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/
power-generation-drops-by-2042mw/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

: / Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State / Nigerians Are Smart Especially The Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.