Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:24 PM

Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather (4600 Views)

Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism / Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism / Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by naptu2: 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
It'll be very educative to go through those threads and read the comments in them. It follows the exact same pattern. Some of the comments on those threads are very similar to comments on this thread.

I remember that kobojunkie was compiling a detailed record of power supply in Nigeria (the usual pattern of increases and reductions). She even had a thread in which she tracked the fluctuation in power supply. I can't find the thread at the moment.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2014
MizMyColi: A conspiracy theory is an explanatory
proposition that accuses two or more persons, a
group, or an organization of having caused or
covered up, through secret planning and
deliberate action
, an illegal or harmful event or
situation - wikipedia
§ometimes you have to distinguish between an accusation and Observation backed with fact. You also need to understand what a "Theory" is. Anyway, I don't want to derail. I will leave you to your opinion.

Cheers
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by naptu2: 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
So where is the thread on improved power supply in 2013, whether dry or raining season? We are waiting

Here you are

Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply
https://www.nairaland.com/1438317/lagosians-commend-phcn-improved-power
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2014
naptu2: I do remember that this was implemented back in 2010, because I remember how my neighbour was praising the president for it. Minimum of 16 hours electricity per day in mid 2010.

Breaking News - Lagos,abuja To Enjoy 16-24hrs Of Power Supply - Committee On Power
https://www.nairaland.com/455040/breaking-news-lagosabuja-enjoy-16-24hrs

I could go all the way back to 2007. You'll find similar threads. I remember that Kobojunkie commented on almost all of them. It's still the same cycle of increase and reduction.
I'm sorry but you'r using the wrong threads. The thread above says "Lagos, Abuja TO..."

Shows of threads of "Lagos, Abuja ENJOYING..."
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
So where is the thread on improved power supply in 2013, whether dry or raining season? We are waiting
is this your pathetic defence?

www.informationng.com/2013/11/power-generation-hits-4000mw-tcn.html
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
naptu2:

Here you are

cheesy cheesy jmaine put mouth now.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
I'm sorry but you'r using the wrong threads. The thread above says "Lagos, Abuja TO..."

Shows of threads of. "Lagos, Abuja ENJOYING..."
you're trying to play smart but you are not smart at all.

I am waiting for the dry season to come anyway. I shall open another thread and we will discuss the decrease in power supply once again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
naptu2: It'll be very educative to go through those threads and read the comments in them. It follows the exact same pattern. Some of the comments on those threads are very similar to comments on this thread.

I remember that kobojunkie was compiling a detailed record of power supply in Nigeria (the usual pattern of increases and reductions). She even had a thread in which she tracked the fluctuation in power supply. I can't find the thread at the moment.
bro you have done well. Even that proponent of the PDP Government can testify but he won't admit to save his pay. Every sane observers are aware of the pattern of "increase-decrease-increase" on electricity supply. Only an insincere folk, an ignorant folkor a sycophant will argue otherwise
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by MizMyColi(f): 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
barcanista: §ometimes you have to distinguish between an accusation and Observation backed with fact. You also need to understand what a "Theory" is. Anyway, I don't want to derail. I will leave you to your opinion.

Cheers
Thanks and Noted.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by naptu2: 1:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
Like I said, this stretches all the way back to the Obasanjo era. I wish I could find Kobojunkie's thread.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

Shows of threads of "Lagos, Abuja ENJOYING..."
Bros, you de fall hand I swear. I don't want to blame you because you take orders from someone in the sycophancy chain. Its better you keeep mute rather than continue to embarrass yourself and common sense.

Your defence is lame
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2014
naptu2: Like I said, this stretches all the way back to the Obasanjo era. I wish I could find Kobojunkie's thread.
oh i miss kobojunkie, i used to enjoy reading here post. The pdp has been telling lies since 1999.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
naptu2:

Here you are

Ok. But the generation capacity mentioned in the report was 3,400MW compared to what is being reported today (4,500MW). The last time power generation in Nigeria hit 4,500MW was in 2012. For the most part of 2013, power supply was poor and did not peak again due to gas pipeline vandalism.

I'm more excited about the reforms that have taken place (privatisation, new NERC regulations that allows state governors to build power plants and embedd them locally, gas reforms, etc) because that is what lead Nigeria to the ultimate goal of sustainable stable public power supply.

Anyway, lets watch and see.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 30, 2014
MizMyColi: Thanks and Noted.
gracias amigo
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Ok. But the generation capacity mentioned in the report was 3,400MW compared to what is being reported today (4,500MW). The last time power generation in Nigeria hit 4,500MW was in 2012. For the most part of 2013, power supply was poor and did not peak again due to gas pipeline vandalism.

I'm more excited about the reforms that have taken place (privatisation, new NERC regulations that allows state governors to build power plants and embedd them locally, gas reforms, etc) because that is what lead Nigeria to the ultimate goal of sustainable stable public power supply.

As a lover of Nigeria I sincerely hope that the government's plans are sincere and they succeed in their governance. Though many of such hopes in the past turned disappointment
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
naptu2: Like I said, this stretches all the way back to the Obasanjo era. I wish I could find Kobojunkie's thread.
even without reading kobojunkie's thread , i was fully aware of the pattern in which there was increase in electricity supply during rainy seasons. you might think Nigerians are not aware. they already know the trick.

meanwhile, i hear there's a plan to increase tariff on electricity. why is that always happening at this particular time?
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

i thought we were at 4000mw November 2013, abeg tell us another lie.

www.informationng.com/2013/11/power-generation-
hits-4000mw-tcn.html
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
barcanista: As a lover of Nigeria I sincerely hope that the government's plans are sincere and they succeed in their governance. Though many of such hopes in the past turned disappointment
bro, you are deceiving yourself if you believe anything from this federal government, have you forgotten just last week the FG released money to fight ebola on for the minister to tell us days later the money was to procure cars.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by francisdfreak: 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli: cc: barcanista Gbawe, kel4soft, neenar, obiagelli ,
descartes, egift, arewafederation, Egbagirl, donroxy,
Sweetlemon , donphilopus, BEREM, desola ,
demdem , lakpalakpa , whitecat007 , ,
lakpalakpa, omenka, ShehuAba , omenka , Rawani,
tribaleast kolaaderin soroptimist MizMyColi, Ngwakwe
and all

angryshizzlestar,
M0gidi
,pvtparts,
bishopmagic,
chino24,
chy101,
firefire,
c0llynzo14,
jmaine,
buddahmonk,
decibel,
descartes,
opiaoku,
pointb,
chukwudi44,
idumuose,
gramci,
jmoore,
tomakint,
jman06,
rudedough,
truckpusher,
omenxonomy,
99/100,
gentlemimi,
sunnybobo3 and all other members of #TEAMFRESHAIR
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 30, 2014
berem: even without reading kobojunkie's thread , i was fully aware of the pattern in which there was increase in electricity supply during rainy seasons. you might think Nigerians are not aware. they already know the trick.

meanwhile, i hear there's a plan to increase tariff on electricity. why is that always happening at this particular time?
the fee hike is another twist to this case, this government is a fraud.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
francisdfreak:
angry
shizzlestar,M0gidi,pvtparts,bishopmagic,chino24,chy101,firefire,c0llynzo14,jmaine,buddahmonk,decibel,descartes,opiaoku,pointb,chukwudi44,idumuose,gramci,jmoore,tomakint,jman06,rudedough,truckpusher,omenxonomy,99100,99/100,gentlemimi,sunnybobo3
they are at the TAN rally grin
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by jmaine: 1:55pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:

cheesy cheesy jmaine put mouth now.

What do you want me to say , when folks like OrlandoOwoh are saying it is a GEJ ploy to wrestle power from the APC in Lagos just like what he did when he visited Osogbo for the Osun polls . . . .

Tell me why people with such a mindset won't go out vandalizing gas pipelines simply because they feel it is a reelection ploy, when in essence should be commended as an effort in the right direction . . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 30, 2014
jmaine:

What do you want me to say , when folks like OrlandoOwoh are saying it is a GEJ ploy to wrestle power from the APC in Lagos just like what he did when he visited Osogbo for the Osun polls . . . .

Tell me why people with such a mindset won't go out vandalizing gas pipelines simply because they feel it is a reelection ploy, when in essence should be commended as an effort in the right direction . . . . . .

OrlandoOwoh vandalising pipeline really got me laughing.

@ topic, what do think is the reason behind this increased, the rain? Or better secured pipelines?
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
bro, you are deceiving yourself if you believe anything from this federal government, have you forgotten just last week the FG released money to fight ebola on for the minister to tell us days later the money was to procure cars.
I dnt believe the govt, I'm only hoping. No matter wat we must wish the govt well as long as they are in power and kick them out @ the polls. I understand that majority of Nigerians only endure the government but not enjoy them. They have lost every goodwill available, they must go!!!!
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by jmaine: 2:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:

OrlandoOwoh vandalising pipeline really got me laughing.

@ topic, what do think is the reason behind this increased, the rain? Or better secured pipelines?

Sustained gas supply with less incidences of sabotage . .

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
jmaine:

Sustained gas supply with less incidences of sabotage . .
i hope they keep this up during the dry season or are the saboteurs more active in the dry season?
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by naptu2: 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2014
Mumu Nigerians - Power Generation: Jonathan Projects 20,000mw By 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/553359/mumu-nigerians-power-generation-jonathan
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Firefire(m): 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:

There is substantial improvement compared to say January/February, at least from my observation.

Improvement YES, but Nigerians need STABLE POWER SUPPLY.

I don't buy the idea of buck passing and finger pointing of opposition.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by lacasa: 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli: I am really delighted with the increase in power supply recently, i am interested in how we got to this level and how to sustain or improve on this success.

Sincere9gerian, how exactly did the government get Tinubu and Buhari’s boys off our gas pipelines?

OR

Can this increased supply be attributed to increased water level in our hydro dams, thanks to the rain.

Sincere9gerian, should we start celebrating or will tinubu and Buhari’s boys resume work during the dry season.

gringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by jmaine: 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
i hope they keep this up during the dry season or are the saboteurs more active in the dry season?

We passed through the worst experiences when the rains were high this year.

So what was responsible for that ?. Over 70% of our generating depends of gas and you know what consistent gas pipeline sabotage will cause . .
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by naptu2: 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
Beaf was on that thread. I kind of miss him. Someone mentioned the other thread that I'm looking for - the promise of 6,000 megawatts by December 2009.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 30, 2014
Firefire:

Improvement YES, but Nigerians need STABLE POWER SUPPLY.

I don't buy the idea of buck passing and finger pointing of opposition.
finger pointing by who exactly ? Please be clear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

RE: Wikileaks ! Reuben Abati Is A Fool / Angel Of Death Erupts From Chile's Volcano (photos) / Boko Haram Suspects Arrive Ekwulobia Prison, Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.