Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,810 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? (33341 Views)

Is It Right For Christians To Dance Worldly Dance Steps In The Church??? / Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / Worldly Dance, Worldly Song, Worldly Music, Worldly Movie, : Enough Is Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by strongboi(m): 3:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
Jennimma: I'm not trying to judge anyone. No.
I suppose we all are christains. God has said it in His word that we've to separate totally from the world. Those dancesteps glorify satan and not God.

Notwithstanding,some of these entertainers and musicians are ignorantly working,sponsoring and glorifying Satan..
Jesus requires us to be Holy in everything we do and that includes dancing. God's holiness is meant to affect and reflect in all areas of our lives because anything short of it will incur eternal damnation. You may call me churchy,i'm justsayingmymind.

Yes.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by fubbyy(m): 3:12pm On Aug 31, 2014
opiaoku:

White lie

It all matters.

If it dosent matters then NO need of going to church because you can simply stay at home and worship your creator as you like.
SMH

End time things
I didn't say going to church doesn't matter, what I said is that how we go to that church doesn't matter,what matters is the heart you go with

Some people dance decently in church while thinking about how to get that chick in the same row,take her home and phuck, some girls dance decently while fantasizing about sucking the pastor's dick

My uncle spent 14 years without a child, the wife finally got pregnant miraculously and put to bed

The day they came for thanksgiving you need to see what he acted inside church,he danced like a mad man with tears in his eyes, would you say he was wrong? Of course not,he was dancing mad in the lord,the next person might not understand but its only God that sees the heart

As long as am concern "uka di na obi" meaning repentance its in the heart

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by swtyy(f): 3:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
To cut the whole story short Amos 5:23 " take thou away 4rm me the noise of thy songs; for I will not hear the melody of thy viols." If there were no noise(instrument), there won't be any form of dancing at all, for it does not please God.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
mike404: HOW ABOUT 109 SATANIC VERSES THAT CALLED MUSLIMS TO WAR WITH UNBELIEVERS
quote FIVE
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by mirikashi(m): 3:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
Jennimma:
the last time I checked "scare the sh.it out of sb" is an idiom which means frighten sb very much.

An idiom I agree but would you use it in a business or official communication?
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
mirikashi:

An idiom I agree but would you use it in a business or official communication?
please can u leave my "siggy" alone?
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Edoblakky(m): 3:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
I suppose we all are christains. God has said it in His word that we've to separate totally from the world. Those dancesteps glorify satan and not God.

Notwithstanding,some of these entertainers and musicians are ignorantly working,sponsoring and glorifying Satan..
Jesus requires us to be Holy in everything we do and that includes dancing. God's holiness is meant to affect and reflect in all areas of our lives because anything short of it will incur eternal damnation. You may call me churchy,i'm justsayingmymind.
. You need to renew your mind with God's Word so that when next you speak it won't be you speaking your mind but God's Word. And who told you those steps glorify the devil? Why do you pay tithes or give offerings with the same money used to offer sacrifice to devils?
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
Jennimma: Is it godly to dance worldly steps in church?
Most of the youths in our churches enjoy dancing steps they learn from secular music like "skelewu" and such likes...and most of our pastors say little or nothing about it. I kinda feel its not right.
Should christains copy worldly dance steps? Can't we create our own dance steps?
Comments allowed.
u are right my dear.music like kukere ,azonto for Jesus e t c are worldly. the earlier we know this, the better for us.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Henrypraise: 3:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
Nigerians ar d biggest hypocrites eva.

If u can justify "wordly" dancing in churches, den u can also justify homo's n lesbians in churches.

Pple be comparing demsefs wit David n I'd be askin: David danced lyk dat just once in d bible but dat sister on mini skirt, n brazillian kip dancing like dat every sunday. Wat is she dancing 4? If u wanna Dance like David take of dos clothes n let's see how spirit filled u ar. grin
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by DonaldGenes(m): 3:32pm On Aug 31, 2014
Tolexander: Why are the same kinda chairs in club used in church?

Why are the same kind of bills spent in club given as offering and tithe in church?

Why are the same sound systems found in club used in church?

It isn't all about the dance but the reason for the dance and the motive behind it!
Gbam
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by serty1: 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
Was in daystar 2 Sundays ago and saw some children of god dancing Shoki.......the God of Sodom and Gomorrah is stil alive sha...
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Niftyrules(m): 3:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
Most of the youths in our churches enjoy dancing steps they learn from secular music like "skelewu" and such likes...and most of our pastors say little or nothing about it. I kinda feel its not right.
Should christains copy worldly dance steps? Can't we create our own dance steps?
Comments allowed.

Madam! Their ain't nothing like worldly dance. All forms of dancing is welcome inasmuch you're praising God.

What will you say about king David, who danced and went nude all unto the fact that he was praising God. And also check out what befall the daughter of saul (his wife) who made jest of him.

From my own side, I still insist all forms of dance is welcomed in the church.
Mind you, am also a Christian.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by faithboi: 3:35pm On Aug 31, 2014

God bless you jare....I'm guilty...I dance dis dance but I know its bad!!!!...
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by luvdy(m): 3:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
the world has no dance step,every good and perfect gift comes from God with no exception to dance steps.it all depends on individuals to use it rightly whether in the church or at the club..u choose where to use yours.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by onyebu57(m): 3:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
If those dance steps are allowed or should be allowed in church.... Why then aren't skelewu and the likes sang in church and danced to "glorify" God. Because its obvious that the dance steps were introduced for the purpose of the songs..... So if U choose it and leave its song its hypocritical. Besides all songs have their meanings n purpose, likewise the dance steps (which today is all about shaking the buttocks and mimicking the act of fornication ) used today. A man saved from an accident can't go to church to sing skelewu or the likes but a thanksgiving song in relation to God's grace . my point being... There is a thin line btw those songs n dance steps and "Christian" song sang today .
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Edoblakky(m): 3:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
swtyy: To cut the whole story short Amos 5:23 " take thou away 4rm me the noise of thy songs; for I will not hear the melody of thy viols." If there were no noise(instrument), there won't be any form of dancing at all, for it does not please God.
. This is the mistake you make when you take a verse out of context. Typical brainwashed church of Christ member. I was there before. Go and read the entire Amos 5 you will find out why God was angry with their songs. And mind you it was not just their instrument alone God was angry with, God was angry with their ways and and wanted them to amend their ways rather than sing and play music to Him. Expectedly you will not agree but just take your time to read the scripture and you will understand. Thanx!
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by AriDsexy(f): 3:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
wirelessssss:

cheesy I was expecting this...

How would you respond should I say:

I see Obama everyday

Anyway for the records I'm not religious&neither was the Christ...

in fact this your saying reminds me again of a statement somewhere in Luke:

You funny sha, let me play along: I was preaching to them to give their lives to. ... cheesy
Just an observation,no offense intended grin
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by suptol(m): 3:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1841535/suptol-designs-portfolio#25913930

Hi, my name is Tolu and am a graphic designer. Kindly follow that link to check my portfolio and contact details.
Thanks.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by karkel(m): 3:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
DANCE NA DANCE JOOR WEN DAVID IN THE BIBLE DE DANCE BREAK DANCE,DANCE SKELEHU EVEN DANCE ALATA JOIN AM PUT EVEN PULL HIS CLOTHS WER MAKE HIS WIFE VEX,GOD COME PUNISH FOR HER.. NA DE MOTI.......................BEHINE IT
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by lukaino(m): 3:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
Whats wordly & whats heavenly dance steps? you may as well say that David's dancing and stripping of his clothes was worldly.
Hypocrisy will kill us in Africa.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Ekundayo7: 4:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
Comments allowed.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyah! The Christian Boko Haramites have awoken! angry angry angry angry angry Please, do not start acting and thinking like these leather headed terrorists who ban ANYTHING joyful all over the world, including human life. Brother, you need to relax a bit and enjoy the day...what is next? Pastors calling for the stoning to death a christian sister for wearing pants, while he's getting "serviced" in the front seat of his car by some poor brainwashed "sister" he's earmarked for "special prayer services" Let the people skelewu and make a joyful noise! cheesy
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by austine4real(m): 4:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
what about these old fat women shaking bumbum 2 we young boy? in d presence of GOD?? grin grin grin grin grin SMHW
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
@OP: never you ever bring a genuine question like this that bother on the truth of the christian faith to a forum like this(nairaland). There are all kinds of ppl here - muslims, juju worshippers, candle burning church goers, catholics, jehovah witnesses, christ embasy and all deluded/misguided church goers here. That is the reason you get these kinds of responses. Note: a church goer is not automatically a christian. Direct this kind of questions to pastors you see that truly teaches hard bible truths and manifest the power of God not just ask any pastor. Your feelings are right. Cos a christian need not patronize club/secular musics at all, let alone learning the steps. You become guilty before God for finding those artists or their music pleasurable(Rom 1:32). In otherwords, you are a partaker in other men's sin. Why don't we play secular music in church since we dance secular steps there? Simple, it doesn't glorify God! Many secular music bring lust and lead to fornication! So what do we need the steps for? Bible also says "be followers of that which is good". Now I ask, what is good about tuface, tiwa savage, maheeda, davido, etc? Is it their sexual promiscuity, flamboyant life, naked dressings? True believers know the truth because the holy spirit will tell them even when everyone else stands to defend evil like it happened in noah's days. This OP is led of God and so he knew it's bad even when everyone around him are blind. That's what the holy spirit does in the life of his true worshipers@OP: never you ever bring a genuine question like this that bother on the truth of the christian faith to a forum like this(nairaland). There are all kinds of ppl here - muslims, juju worshippers, candle burning church goers, catholics, jehovah witnesses, christ embasy and all deluded/misguided church goers here. That is the reason you get these kinds of responses. Note: a church goer is not automatically a christian. Direct this kind of questions to pastors you see that truly teaches hard bible truths and manifest the power of God not just ask any pastor. Your feelings are right. Cos a christian need not patronize club/secular musics at all, let alone learning the steps. You become guilty before God for finding those artists or their music pleasurable(Rom 1:32). In otherwords, you are a partaker in other men's sin. Why don't we play secular music in church since we dance secular steps there? Simple, it doesn't glorify God! Many secular music bring lust and lead to fornication! So what do we need the steps for? Bible also says "be followers of that which is good". Now I ask, what is good about tuface, tiwa savage, maheeda, davido, etc? Is it their sexual promiscuity, flamboyant life, naked dressings? True believers know the truth because the holy spirit will tell them even when everyone else stands to defend evil like it happened in noah's days. This OP is led of God and so he knew it's bad even when everyone around him are blind. That's what the holy spirit does in the life of his true worshipers@OP: never you ever bring a genuine question like this that bother on the truth of the christian faith to a forum like this(nairaland). There are all kinds of ppl here - muslims, juju worshippers, candle burning church goers, catholics, jehovah witnesses, christ embasy and all deluded/misguided church goers here. That is the reason you get these kinds of responses. Note: a church goer is not automatically a christian. Direct this kind of questions to pastors you see that truly teaches hard bible truths and manifest the power of God not just ask any pastor. Your feelings are right. Cos a christian need not patronize club/secular musics at all, let alone learning the steps. You become guilty before God for finding those artists or their music pleasurable(Rom 1:32). In otherwords, you are a partaker in other men's sin. Why don't we play secular music in church since we dance secular steps there? Simple, it doesn't glorify God! Many secular music bring lust and lead to fornication! So what do we need the steps for? Bible also says "be followers of that which is good". Now I ask, what is good about tuface, tiwa savage, maheeda, davido, etc? Is it their sexual promiscuity, flamboyant life, naked dressings? True believers know the truth because the holy spirit will tell them even when everyone else stands to defend evil like it happened in noah's days. This OP is led of God and so he knew it's bad even when everyone around him are blind. That's what the holy spirit does in the life of his true worshipers

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
sage2:

I had to check your profile, you know. And you really think we suck? I don't know the jacks that misrepresented us before you but I am all out to correct that impression. PM me, please. Lest I forget, you are such a beautiful and delectable lady with a smile that melts and heals the heart.
thanks for the compliment. cheesy
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by cynthiaibeabuchi(f): 4:43pm On Aug 31, 2014
Dat was y dey banned dancing in my church...if u wan dance, go to dancing hallz..
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by swtyy(f): 4:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
Edoblakky: . This is the mistake you make when you take a verse out of context. Typical brainwashed church of Christ member. I was there before. Go and read the entire Amos 5 you will find out why God was angry with their songs. And mind you it was not just their instrument alone God was angry with, God was angry with their ways and and wanted them to amend their ways rather than sing and play music to Him. Expectedly you will not agree but just take your time to read the scripture and you will understand. Thanx!
. Don't wanna argue wit u, uv said it al that God was angry with them and wanted them to amend their ways. "That chant of sound of viol, and invent to them selves instruments of music" Amos 6:5 God neva invented instruments of music in his church
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by mike404(m): 4:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
MuhdG: quote FIVE
In Sura Hajj (Pilgrimage)
22:52-53, Muhammad confessed
his mistake, alleging that all
prophets were tempted by Satan
who inspire them with demonic
verses, as if they were actually
revealed by God. But later on
Allah abrogated those Satanic
Verses with new revelations and
instructs his prophets with new
verses. According to Islam, Allah
permits such demonic
inspiration to test weak believers
and to cut off those with
hardened hearts.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by cynthiaibeabuchi(f): 4:49pm On Aug 31, 2014
Btw I dnt see how dancing glorifies God...some babes even use dat opportunity to seduce men..dey will wear tight clothing to church nd be shaking their yarsh...nd u say u r glorifying God.... Godiswatching#)
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by san316(m): 5:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
There are many hypocrites here. That is why muslims believe xtians are idolators. This is because they don't mind adopting idolatry into their worship. Acts such as dancing, incantation and the use of statutes and symbols are adaptations from idol worship. Was there dancing, singing(worldly) songs during the time of jesus and the apostles? The partyhouse outlook is what makes xtianity endearing to most people. Imagine a sister with big ukwu doing krikata krikata in front of you, won't you fall into temptation?
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by delishpot: 5:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
The last time I checked, david danced N@Ked.

But OP dey right o. Some babes are just there to seduce guys. Some dances dey make me fear for some churches o. You will see a babe throw caution to the wind. A babe that came to church from her boyfriends bedmates house to church and from church back to the same house of sin. They should be ashamed to do such dirty steps in church jare.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Blockus: 5:39pm On Aug 31, 2014
nnamdizen: Am sorry, but it is a greater sin to miss lead your fellow man and worse still by the use of the scriptures. Point N0 1: David was a man after gods own heart i.e he can never do wrong in the sight of god. Point N0 2: He was filled with the holly spirit during the dance and his actions was not contiously co ordinated to say he disrobbed himself on purpose. Point N0 3: Back in the days there were no trousers, pants, skirt, shirt or what have you to better clothe oneself, what they had was robes, fastened by a pin on one shoulder which can easily fall off when vigoriously shaken.

Now you are pulling stuff out of your arse like Pastors do on the pulpit..

David was happy that the Israelites had recovered the Ark of God and was celebrating it. Which one come be filled with the Holy Spirit inside this matter now?

And why lie that David could do no wrong by god when god clearly punished severally including when he fhucked Uriahs wife and killed Uriah.

And who said there were no trousers in that time? When Infact, trousers were actually worn by women and not men.

Let's not start twisting things twisted here.. The bible was clear in its description of David's activities.

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Atmmachine(m): 6:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
It is because
The worldly chairs used in night clubs are also used in the church.
The same worldly money used in carrying ashawo is used as offerings & tithes
The same speakers used in night clubs to play music are used in churches

Are you happy now ?? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Prophet George Fakolade: "Fashola Will Be President Of Nigeria In 2019" / 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart / Members Crawl And Follow Their Pastor Around In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.