Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? (33303 Views)

Is It Right For Christians To Dance Worldly Dance Steps In The Church??? / Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / Worldly Dance, Worldly Song, Worldly Music, Worldly Movie, : Enough Is Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by 19naia(m): 12:50pm On Aug 31, 2014
Every thing on earth is Gods own.. Dance is a gift from God... I would not worry about anyone who danced any move in church for praise and thanks to God... The real concern is for those outside church who Dance those moves gifted from God, Are they dancing them in praise and thanks of who gifted them all life and a world to live in... It is all Gods own.. No different than Someone praying and making church practices outside in the world or general public, should we be concerned that they keep it in the church or their private homes?
It all belongs to God no matter where it occurs in the world.. Many churches exist out there in "the world".. The world belongs to God.. shocked
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
obowunmi: What's wrong with twerking for Jesus?
Christian is someone who adhere strictly to the tenet of Jesus christ .... You must not remove from Jesus' principles nor add to it !!

Did Jesus twerk for GOD ?

Satan own 90% of all churches in Nigeria !
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
The same people you find in the church are the same people in the world else why are beer parlour filled to the brim on Sunday evening? They are all the same! For your information, not all churches are churches!

Most of the people supporting these dance steps are worldly people because you will agree with the fact that most of these dance steps are seductive!

Let a girl with a big butt in church twerk her butt let's see whether those saying there is no worldly dance steps won't be tempted! angry

Nigerian churches are business centers! Look unto Jesus alone forget about them.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Lekcy001(m): 12:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
pples dnt really knw the spiritualistic of worldly dance.....most of them (musicians) go extral mile for d popularity.......dance in burial ground, illuminati, dance wit mad pple in dark, etc....which you as a christian can nt do and dats d reason u. choose to b a christian and nw u are copying dem promote dia dance step, i pity those dat are doing dat.......

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by iceberylin(m): 12:54pm On Aug 31, 2014
@least i made u laugh grin
lyntiffany: Your not serious grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
Jennimma: Is it godly to dance worldly steps in church?
Most of the youths in our churches enjoy dancing steps they learn from secular music like "skelewu" and such likes...and most of our pastors say little or nothing about it. I kinda feel its not right.
Should christains copy worldly dance steps? Can't we create our own dance steps?
Comments allowed.

I think we can dance those kind of dance.

Where the problem lies is when u still dance to secular music.

Let's look at it from this perspective. I'm a Christian. I was watching a TV station on my TV and then I saw some dancing steps which I really like.

I get to church the next day, we are doing praise and worship and d song was so interesting to me, that after exhausting all d dance steps that I know, I decided to try it. I feel so happy, was in d mood and song, and I really wanna dance and appreciate and God .

I don't think its anything bad if I try those dancing steps.

But the ish is when u dance such steps in church and still dance it in party.

And on d last point, only God knows which offering is acceptable.. Don't think because they are dancing secular dance moves, God won't accept there worship it praise. Dance your own, and dance with all your heart forgetting anyone might be watching u. And you'll receive the blessing.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by lyntiffany(f): 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
iceberylin: @least i made u laugh grin
yea you did, thanms wink
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by lorRhyMeZ: 12:57pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ahaps! Make una kuku turn Church to party hall na...I mean d way people dress up to church dis days,na small remain mk u think say na party dem dey go..not to even talk more of d dance steps

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by THUNDER4real(m): 12:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
But honestly, some dance steps of some people tire me 4 church.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by iceberylin(m): 12:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
And what will be my Reward wink
lyntiffany: yea you did, thanms wink
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Misbee(f): 12:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
If you have watched The Vipers by ANCEDRAM,Kosofe Local Unit you will understand what the OP ℓS̶̲̥̅ saying. Try and get a copy. Let us not be ignorant of the devices of the devil. May the Lord help įŋ this race.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by kabba7(m): 12:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
[quote author=missterious]I tend to agree with the OP. It's not about skelewu or others sha, it's when ladies start dancing in church & rubbing their butts against a guy's something. Is it a church service or a bedroom service?

Today service come see as a gal and another guy were busy doing thier thing during service @ winners capel hq ilorin .
They both came as graduands of the WOFBI school honestly it was a big thing could have got some short clip but i earlier on left my phone outside in the car .
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Tallesty1(m): 1:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
Weselion: And my Bible tells me that "Ye are in the world but not of the world. Please try to read John 15:19, For those of you giving reasons like "we are in the world", it simply shows you don't read your bible.
1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

If it glorifies God then to you have absolutely no reason to condem it.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by mike404(m): 1:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
MuhdG: alhamdulillah I am a Muslim. And am proud of it no matter what people say. No matter what ignorant people like you say! Atleast our book doesn't have different versions to show you how valid islam is. Its only in christianity that you have diffeRent versions of the bible and not a single one is accurate!!! Have you eVer heard of the old or new Quran Answer me!
HOW ABOUT 109 SATANIC VERSES THAT CALLED MUSLIMS TO WAR WITH UNBELIEVERS
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Misbee(f): 1:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
Going through all the comments ℓ̊ saw that there are few sane doers of the word,not everyone ℓS̶̲̥̅ corrupted. For those arguing don't forget that when you learn there ℓS̶̲̥̅ always room τ̅☺ re-learn.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Blockus: 1:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
Yungwizzzy: If you don't do those steps in the house of God where will you dance them?? club??

btw
which passage specified godly dance Mr righteous??

Even David danced till he was naked and yet kept dancing.. grin

These puppy Christians wey no sabi read bible without a pastor being there, grin
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by lyntiffany(f): 1:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
iceberylin: And what will be my Reward wink
A glass of Chapman wink
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by misreal(m): 1:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
Most of the youths in our churches enjoy dancing steps they learn from secular music like "skelewu" and such likes...and most of our pastors say little or nothing about it. I kinda feel its not right.
Should christains copy worldly dance steps? Can't we create our own dance steps?
Comments allowed.
my dear,such dances will lead dem to hell.desist from such.dis shows u have due spirit of God in you.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by nnamdizen(m): 1:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
lomprico: Op, define worldly!
ok sir... Worldly things are practices which are contrary to the teachings of the church! Like dace steps where ladies through their bom bom care freely in all directions to attract mens attention to their bodies is not right inside the church.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Domwiz4all(m): 1:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
Tolexander: Why are the same kinda chairs in club used in church?

Why are the same kind of bills spent in club given as offering and tithe in church?

Why are the same sound systems found in club used in church?

It isn't all about the dance but the reason for the dance and the motive behind it!
nice one
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by iceberylin(m): 1:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
when will i get it grin
lyntiffany: A glass of Chapman wink
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Libkid(m): 1:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
Worldly dance ko earthly ni.btw how many people noticed dat ppl wey no give offering na dem dey dance pass
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by boxiposhags: 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
Comments allowed.
fyi ...its Godly not godly.. in other news secular dance steps were created and adapting them in the church isnt wrong. you can still introduce your holy dance steps grin
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by lyntiffany(f): 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
iceberylin: when will i get it grin
when do you want it?
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
Lifebender:

our God is not wordly..I concur with the OP very much cos i just cant be going for offering and a girl in mini gown is dancing skelewu/Azonto in from of mii and u xpect mii to focus.

This dance are not Godly,cos there origin is not Godly...Now tell mii will an unGodly tin become Godly because u offer it to da lord??shaking ur bum becos u're in a church shud be Godly den....
if you choose to imprison yourself that is your business. I quoted a scripture, why not counter it if you really have a point to prove.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Blockus: 1:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
nnamdizen: ok sir... Worldly things are practices which are contrary to the teachings of the church! Like dace steps where ladies through their bom bom care freely in all directions to attract mens attention to their bodies is not right inside the church.

2 Samuel 6:20 "How glorious was the king of Israel today, who stripped himself of his kingly robes and uncovered himself in the eyes of his servants' maids as one of the worthless fellows shamelessly uncovers himself!" (AMP)

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by iceberylin(m): 1:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
Now smiley
lyntiffany: when do you want it?
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
cocokiller1: u dunt wanna dance,sing nd clap ur hands to glorify God....dats y we have deeper life
m new ere

Hey, what's your own with deeper life?
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
If the spirit of God condemns you, then don't do it.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by lyntiffany(f): 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
iceberylin: Now smiley
it's served just placed it on your dinning, tastes good bah? tongue don't forget to say thank you wink
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by nnamdizen(m): 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
bigiyaro: please describe the churchly dance step. David dance and dance until him abgada fall
The devil even quoted the scriptures to Jesus christ himself to corrupt his understanding of the word, why wount those he succeeded in corrupting do thesame
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by iceberylin(m): 1:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
THANCHU grin
[quote
author=lyntiffany] it's served just placed it on your dinning, tastes
good bah? tongue don't forget to say thank you wink[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Altar Boy Dies After Building Fell On Him While Going Home From Church. Photo / Valerian Okeke Builds House For Physically Challenged Girl In Nteje, Anambra / Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.