Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Modified - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Modified (18916 Views)

mODIFIED / modified / The History Of Ebira People (itopa Ane Ebira) Modified By Aliyu Abdullahi Onumo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modified by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
yet another fantastic write up by the Op, thumbs up barcanista. Looking forward to empty debate from the pdp end.

9 Likes

Re: Modified by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
egift: Buhari
I am so happy that Buhari also faced Insurgency challenges. I want to know whether he blamed the Christians or traditional leaders or even civilians during Maitatsine insurgency

7 Likes

Re: Modified by EddyNumerouno(m): 2:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
The facts are laid bare...believe it or not, ur chioce. GEJ is SHYTE and Buhari is shyte. Nigeria needs none of them to move forward

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modified by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
Barabas GEJ should never be compared with any sane human being........He is an Anini reincarnated

9 Likes

Re: Modified by Micuilles: 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
Bros op, you harsh oh!! The population of Naija in 1985 is less than a quarter of what you have now. We also had 19 states including FCT at that time. Also, your research is not complete. GEJ regime is full of friction caused by your Buhari's Boko Haram. Yet, GEJ inherited the country after over 27 years of corruption & rot, while Buhari inherited a better environment.

You didn't include the Federal Universities, Federal roads, Rail system revamp, Aviation sector revamped, Free hand for politicians to thrive. F.O.I that makes even the dumbest Nigerian to call the siting president Dumb. Agricultural sector revamp, and many more. All these achieved to cater for a nation with over 170 million people?? plus terrible distractions from Boko Haram?? Bros, I beg, "PACK WELL"

13 Likes

Re: Modified by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
Ekwuemeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee grin
Re: Modified by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
CORRUPTION:
1. Senator Sabo Bakin Zuwo, The Civilian Governor of Kano State was jailed for 300Years because $4.5 million was said to be found "stacked up" in Zuwo's home when it was searched by the new military government. He died in 1989
2. Vice President Alex Ekwueme was jailed of corruption. Stockpiles of money ranged from $56,000 found at his home
3. Fmr Bendel Governor Ambrose Alli was jailed for 100years for misappropriating funds belonging to Bendel State to the tune of N983,000. The Money was meant for road project but he donated it to his Party. He was later freed when Sir Gabriel Igbenedion paid fine to the Government.
4. A total of 4000 exGovernment officials submitted themselves to be tried for Corruption.Over 600 were Jailed Convicted and Jailed.
5. Many High profile Government officials, Businessmen, foreigners were jailed for one corrupt practice or the other.
6. Political office Holders, Businessmen, Contractors, civil servants and many others shunned corruption like a Plague

Why wasn't Shagari (the Head of the government) jailed?

4 Likes

Re: Modified by justineu(m): 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
anago90:

back to the sender cos I'm not advocating and supporting the c in c that is so useless and clueless to stop the madness, even with all the resources and information at his disposal. hear something niggi ask around here, you don't wanna go on the insult lane with me. cos I gat more aggression than an evil spirit possessed pitbull. be warned.
shattap!!! if u really believe dat buhari hands is clean concearnin dis BH mance y didn't u shout Amen to wat I sent to u?
I don't support any party who are power morgans, those who tink if dere don't rule den odas won't.
I won't vote 4 any one(age person) who wont allow d young leaders to lead instead recirculing power asif is deir rite..
I don't support any party dat want to turn my beloved country to an islamic nation...nah nah

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modified by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
Micuilles: Bros op, you harsh oh!! The population of Naija in 1985 is less than a quarter of what you have now. We also had 19 states including FCT at that time. Also, your research is not complete. GEJ regime is full of friction caused by your Buhari's Boko Haram. Yet, GEJ inherited the country after over 27 years of corruption & rot, while Buhari inherited a better environment

You didn't include the Federal Universities, Federal roads, Rail system revamp, Aviation sector revamped, Free hand for politicians to thrive F.O.I that makes even the dumbest Nigerian to call the siting president Dumb. Agricultural sector revamp, and many more. All these achieved to cater for a nation with over 170 million people?? plus terrible distractions from Boko Haram?? Bros, I beg, "PACK WELL"

Arrant nonsense

May i ask how old are you for penning the first part of the bolded where you said Buhari inherited a better environment? Little wonder most of you run around with falsehood and patent disinformation

Shagari's regime is like the siamese twin of GEJ's in everything NEGATIVE.....corruption( brown envelope syndrome and bribery under the table),people shouted themselves hoarse for the President to stem the tide but he was patently unconcerned,very clueless government

Now GEJ has even elevated Corruption,Looting,Barefaced Treasury Cleaning to an Olympic sport wherein those who can steal very well are given National Honors and Pardoned of their sin even if the courts convicts them

Yes GEJ has given politicians free hand to loot brazenly in as much as they are in the umbrella party......Their sacrilege against the land will be permanently kept away from scrutiny

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modified by Firefire(m): 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista: Firefire I am interested in your contribution

A lot ...
Re: Modified by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
TribalEAST: I'll pick security to discuss on. How safe were nigerians during but regimes? How strong was the nigerian military during both regimes? How many dangerous sects sprung up during both regimes?
How safe were nigerians during both regimes
Nigerians went about the businesses without fear of attack, robbery, kidnapping, stray bullet etc under Buhari Regime
Nigerians are scared of Going to the North East, Kano, FCT for fear of Boko Haram. Nigerians are also scared of kidnappers, ritualists, stray bullet, SARS mal torture, Government officials intimidation, armed robbers etc under this present regime.

How strong was the nigerian military during both regimes?

Our Military was professional and patriotic. Earned their place in the committee of nation under Buhari Regime
Our Military RUN to Cameroon SOldiers for cover, Boko Haram chases our soldiers, enter their barracks, seize their tanks. In fact our soldiers reject deployment and are mutinous under this Jonathan regime

How many dangerous sects sprung up during both regimes?

Maitatsine killed few thousands before Buhari took over. It had the same Ideology as BokoHaram and went on rampage under Shagari's regime. Buhari crushed them in less than 16months.

BokoHaram was contained in 2009, they got back to business after the October 1st Bombing of MEND(Which they drew inspiration). They started business fully in 2011 and have been soaring high ever since...My Prayer is they are crushed.

7 Likes

Re: Modified by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista: cc: Gbawe, kel4soft, neenar, sincere9gerian, firefire, mynd44, descartes, egift, arewafederation, anago9000, anago900, bigass, donphilopus, BEREM, desola , demdem , lakpalakpa , whitecat007 , sweetlemon , lakpalakpa, omenka tribaleast danot1030 obiagelli

next time cc me as well grin
Re: Modified by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
Micuilles: Bros op, you harsh oh!! The population of Naija in 1985 is less than a quarter of what you have now. We also had 19 states including FCT at that time. Also, your research is not complete. GEJ regime is full of friction caused by your Buhari's Boko Haram. Yet, GEJ inherited the country after over 27 years of corruption & rot, while Buhari inherited a better environment.

You didn't include the Federal Universities, Federal roads, Rail system revamp, Aviation sector revamped, Free hand for politicians to thrive. F.O.I that makes even the dumbest Nigerian to call the siting president Dumb. Agricultural sector revamp, and many more. All these achieved to cater for a nation with over 170 million people?? plus terrible distractions from Boko Haram?? Bros, I beg, "PACK WELL"
Which better environment did Buhari Inherit? You must be a very BAD history and comprehension student. Now READ!!!
barcanista: Inherited a dwindling economy,
1. Paid of $50m loan within few days of assumption and cleared the country's debt
2. Reduced Inflation from 23% to 3.21% within 20months. .
I am assuming you understand economics.

As for Aviation, Rail and whatever revamp, What exactly do you mean? BE SPECIFIC!!!
BTW: Do you know how many people have died of Plane Crash under Jonathan? Do you know that Abuja Airport was shut for one day under Jonathan?

1 Like

Re: Modified by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
HNosegbe:

Why wasn't Shagari (the Head of the government) jailed?

4000 People were probed, the ones that were convicted was sent to Prison. Was money found in Shagari? Ekweme even admitted to his theft. Shagari retired to his village still poor. His Aides that were corrupt were convicted.

4 Likes

Re: Modified by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 01, 2014
Obiagelli: yet another fantastic write up by the Op, thumbs up barcanista. Looking forward to empty debate from the pdp end.
Thank you my sis. I am waiting for Jonathians defence
Re: Modified by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 01, 2014
Keneking:

next time cc me as well grin
Noted i will. cheesy cheesy
Re: Modified by Rawani: 2:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
The difference is clear. An administration that touts appointment of women in government as an achievement, definitely is bereft of substantial accomplishments. What never ceases to amaze me is how unconcerned the jonathanians are about quality of leadership. As far as all the boxes are checked in their manual of ethno-religious hatred and ignorance, then the clueless one is the messiah they have been waiting for. It is most foolish to strive daily to earn a living amidst dilapidated or non-existent infrastructure, insecurity and lack of adequate healthcare, and still make zero efforts to change the situation in a bid to spite a non-existent foe.

4 Likes

Re: Modified by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
Rawani: The difference is clear. An administration that touts appointment of women in government as an achievement, definitely is bereft of substantial accomplishments. What never ceases to amaze me is how unconcerned the jonathanians are about quality of leadership. As far as all the boxes are checked in their manual of ethno-religious hatred and ignorance, then the clueless one is the messiah they have been waiting for. It is most foolish to strive daily to earn a living amidst dilapidated or non-existent infrastructure, insecurity and lack of adequate healthcare, and still make zero efforts to change the situation in a bid to spite a non-existent foe.
In one of his accomplishment I saw "Winning of Nations Cup", I saw signing of contract(Project yet to be completed nor executed), one even said he appointed Rivers Sons Wike and Minimah as Minister and COAS respectively, that he has tried. Celebration of mediocrity
Re: Modified by egift(m): 2:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
HNosegbe: Why wasn't Shagari (the Head of the government) jailed?

We will remember to have Jonathan in jail this time around. And he run, Nigerians will Umaru Dikko him back to Nigeria with immediate alacrity. grin grin grin grin
Re: Modified by gists: 2:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
justineu: and may ur life, destiny and career be set ablaze just the way boko hari is hammarin the north east, AMEN

Boy you just fall your pastor's hand by cursing someone who prayed for you. This is so "unchrist-like" of you. Someone prayed for you that your life, destiny, business, be like the condition you so much enjoy that you want it to continue i.e way gej is running Nigeria. One will expect that since you love the current manner the country is being ruled, you should at least say "amen, thank you". Rather than return with a curse. I'll like to know the name of your church and see if any of my friends worship there grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: Modified by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista: 4000 People were probed, the ones that were convicted was sent to Prison. Was money found in Shagari? Ekweme even admitted to his theft. Shagari retired to his village still poor. His Aides that were corrupt were convicted.
besides he was under house arrest.

3 Likes

Re: Modified by egift(m): 2:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista: In one of his accomplishment I saw "Winning of Nations Cup", I saw signing of contract (Project yet to be completed nor executed), one even said he appointed Rivers Sons Wike and Minimah as Minister and COAS respectively, that he has tried. Celebration of mediocrity

#faints grin grin grin
Re: Modified by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
How I wish Nigerians will drop sentiment, Jonathan won't even win the PDP ticket let alon the presidential election in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Modified by kolaaderin: 2:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
Barcanista, i hail u ooo... putting pepper on jonathanian wounds since 2009.
Its normal in Nigeria of today, they will try to derail this thread cos u hav too much truth in it.
I will advice u should start been a bit economical with truth, Nigerians especially the SE and SS dont work with facts and they will try all they could to steer away from it once its a blow on the face of their kinsman.

6 Likes

Re: Modified by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista: 4000 People were probed, the ones that were convicted was sent to Prison. Was money found in Shagari? Ekweme even admitted to his theft. Shagari retired to his village still poor. His Aides that were corrupt were convicted.

So Shagari who presided over such a corrupt government wasn't even investigated? You mean he shouldn't bear responsibility for the rot in his government? On what basis should we hold Jonathan responsible for the corruption in his government if we can't establish that he stole public funds himself?

Not buying that line, sorry.

3 Likes

Re: Modified by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
Micuilles: Bros op, you harsh oh!! The population of Naija in 1985 is less than a quarter of what you have now. We also had 19 states including FCT at that time. Also, your research is not complete. GEJ regime is full of friction caused by your Buhari's Boko Haram. Yet, GEJ inherited the country after over 27 years of corruption & rot, while Buhari inherited a better environment.

-Buhari inherited Maitatsine just as Jonathan inherited Boko Haram.
-Both of them took over from corrupt governments. While Buhari was able to arrest the corrupt people, Jonathan still wines and dines with his.

3 Likes

Re: Modified by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
kolaaderin: Barcanista, i hail u ooo... putting pepper on jonathanian wounds since 2009.
Its normal in Nigeria of today, they will try to derail this thread cos u hav too much truth in it.
I will advice u should start been a bit economical with truth, Nigerians especially the SE and SS dont work with facts and they will try all they could to steer away from it once its a blow on the face of their kinsman.

Jonathanians now avoid threads like this like a plague

They are a bunch of Biblical Naamans who should be kept outside of the camp of the children of righteousness........They are lepers to the truth

1 Like

Re: Modified by justineu(m): 3:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
gists:

Boy you just fall your pastor's hand by cursing someone who prayed for you. This is so "unchrist-like" of you. Someone prayed for you that your life, destiny, business, be like the condition you so much enjoy that you want it to continue i.e way gej is running Nigeria. One will expect that since you love the current manner the country is being ruled, you should at least say "amen, thank you". Rather than return with a curse. I'll like to know the name of your church and see if any of my friends worship there grin grin grin
if his sure dat Buhari hands is clean abt d bh issue why didint he say Amen to wat I wrote to him?

And I will also redirct d prayer to u,may ur destiny,life and carrer be set ablaze just d way bahari is hammering the NE. Amen grin.
Re: Modified by Firefire(m): 3:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
@ Barcanista,

I think base on your recent posts and hullabaloo grin on NL... you may be subjecting yourself to High Blood Pressure.

I will only make a comment without sentiment. BUHARI can NEVER rule a UNITED Nigeria again.

So, comparing Pa. Buhari to Bro. Jonathan is OUT OF PLACE!

Hence, nothing to discuss as there are no bases of comparison.

Shalom!

3 Likes

Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
HNosegbe:
So Shagari who presided over such a corrupt government wasn't even investigated? You mean he shouldn't bear responsibility for the rot in his government? On what basis should we hold Jonathan responsible for the corruption in his government if we can't establish that he stole public funds himself?
Not buying that line, sorry.
I am sure this will answer your question
Obiagelli:
besides he was under house arrest.
You should ASK why he was put under house Arrest. Let me tell you, It was because the Buhari Regime were investigating him and don't want him to go exile.
Go get your fact right.

By the way, The Buhari Regime jailed a Charismatic Northern Governor of Fulani tribe for 300YEARS

1 Like

Re: Modified by Rawani: 3:05pm On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista: In one of his accomplishment I saw "Winning of Nations Cup", I saw signing of contract(Project yet to be completed nor executed), one even said he appointed Rivers Sons Wike and Minimah as Minister and COAS respectively, that he has tried. Celebration of mediocrity

Its actually more annoying than it is funny. Its an insult to our intelligence as a people, but of course the bus driver in Minimah's village surviving on N200 a day, or even a sufficiently ignorant cankerworm on this thread will gladly pick an empty Jonathan that appointed his even emptier brother over a Buhari that will ensure that his quality of life is improved through elimination of corruption, and at least ensure that he is not the next victim of a carefully placed motor park bomb.

1 Like

Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
soroptimist:

Jonathanians now avoid threads like this like a plague

They are a bunch of Biblical Naamans who should be kept outside of the camp of the children of righteousness........They are lepers to the truth
Ofcourse they will avoid the thread or deviate. You see they have no reason for supporting Jonathan other than zombie follow follow attitude. SOme are paid posters tho

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Ogun Pdp Expels Otunba Gbenga Daniel ,Adebutu Others / Osun Election: PDP's Adeleke Casts His Vote, Commends INEC / Election Logistics: NURTW Writes INEC, Appoints Coordinators For Lagos, Ondo, Oy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.