Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Modified - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Modified (18911 Views)

mODIFIED / modified / The History Of Ebira People (itopa Ane Ebira) Modified By Aliyu Abdullahi Onumo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
egift: Buhari demolished the equivalent of Boko Haram and till date there is no tiny existence of it any where in the world. All the Refineries Nigerians have today were built or initiated by Buhari.
Another reason why I must vote for Buhari to crush Boko Haram. Jonathan is just too extremely dull for my liking!

7 Likes

Re: Modified by M0GIDI: 3:08pm On Sep 01, 2014
OPINION: [size=13pt]Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015[/size] by barcanista

barcanista: 1. Buhari Truncated A Democratic Process and Never Put Machinery In Place To Handover To Democratic Government.

2. Buhari does NOT support Press Freedom. He Instituted DECREE 4 that bar journalists from "unfavorable" reporting. He even went as far as Jailing Journalists.

3. Buhari Stand on corruption is hypocritical. The Same Buhari that Jailed Politicians for corruption is the same Buhari that publicly said "ABACHA did NOT steal" " That Abacha was supposed to be celebrated". Buhari, in 2007, described the allegations of looting against Abacha as “baseless”, because according to him, “ten years after Abacha, those allegations remain unproven because of lack of facts”. . The same Buhari that accused the ruling Party of Institutionalizing corruption.

4. Buhari is Not a democrat. He doesn't believe in democratic process nor primaries. Buhari would rather have people step down for him in the Primaries (cite 2007 when all aspirants including Sani Yerima and co were asked to step down on the day of Convention). It led to the exit of Atahiru Bafarawa where he formed the DPP and contested on its platform. Gen. Buhari quitted ANPP and formed the CPC in 2010/11. The reason was because he doesn't want to go through Primaries with a "Small Boy"(Referring to then Kano State Gov Ibrahim Shekarau that ended up flying the flag). I am certainly sure that Buhari will want to be adopted as "consensus" of APC which will SPLIT the party.

5. Buhari is OLD. Nigeria need change in Leadership. 65yrs plus should have no business in 2015 Presidential Poll. there should be paradigm shift. A 70plus years Buhari will seldom sell to the Youths.

6. General Buhari was a Military Leader in early 80s(when I wasn't even born). Times has changed. Leadership dynamics of Yesteryears is different from now. The APC should replicate what is done in Lagos State. Allow the younger generation fly ticket. A man like Buhari will most likely ban facebook and twitter because his antecedents is in conflict with criticism.

7. Buhari's WAI saw Nigerian Adults being whipped to submission. Maybe it was due to his military background but I for one can't sacrifice my freedom of choice for anything. It is of great concern that he hasn't find cause to apologise for that act. His aides even justified it.

8. The opinion is an honest one of a Nigerian Citizen. I expect APC to be different in approach from the norm to reflect the "CHANGE" that it preaches.

#Barcanista
See the thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/1855677/opinion-why-buharis-candidacy-not

4 Likes

Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 01, 2014
Firefire: @ Barcanista,

I think base on your recent posts and hullabaloo grin on NL... you may be subjecting yourself to High Blood Pressure.

I will only make a comment without sentiment. BUHARI can NEVER rule a UNITED Nigeria again.

So, comparing Pa. Buhari to Bro. Jonathan is OUT OF PLACE!

Hence, nothing to discuss as there are no bases of comparison.

Shalom!

Why would you spot the difference? grin Your sense of judgement has been beclouded with 100 naira recharge card earned each time you post in favour of Jona angry

2 Likes

Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 01, 2014
M0GIDI: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015 by barcanista

https://www.nairaland.com/1855677/opinion-why-buharis-candidacy-not

an antithesis grin

2 Likes

Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
kolaaderin: Barcanista, i hail u ooo... putting pepper on jonathanian wounds since 2009.
Its normal in Nigeria of today, they will try to derail this thread cos u hav too much truth in it.
I will advice u should start been a bit economical with truth, Nigerians especially the SE and SS dont work with facts and they will try all they could to steer away from it once its a blow on the face of their kinsman.
The SS are a bit liberal in their choice(forget what the corrupt elite are preaching). For instance, In Rivers State today, Some align with the Opposition APC though not all. In Edo State, APC and pro-Buhari sentiment is visible. Same in some areas of Delta state. In Akwa Ibom and Cross River I know they that this "Jonathan or no one else effect" just like the SE.
I will leave this Political demography for another thread.

2 Likes

Re: Modified by musaibnabdul(m): 3:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
Biko, how did the fisherman got a PHD? Nigerians suffering and still getting played with the ethnic card. I pity Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Modified by Firefire(m): 3:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
Keneking:

Why would you spot the difference? grin Your sense of judgement has been beclouded with 100 naira recharge card earned each time you post in favour of Jona angry

I laugh at your comment grin #100? faceless forum indeed sad
Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
M0GIDI: OPINION: [size=13pt]Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015[/size] by barcanista

https://www.nairaland.com/1855677/opinion-why-buharis-candidacy-not
Like I told you, I did FURTHER research on the man Buhari which greatly influenced my Judgement.
And I still restated the Decree 4 and 2. Why not respond to the thread?

4 Likes

Re: Modified by M0GIDI: 3:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
Keneking:

an antithesis grin

More like hunger is a biatch grin

2 Likes

Re: Modified by thunderrider: 3:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
Is Buhari really the Saint you portray him to be?

No skeleton in his cupboard?

And have you laid bare all the facts about him?

Though Jonathan is no SAINT either what do you think

will an association with BAT yield?

1 Like

Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
Rawani:

Its actually more annoying than it is funny. Its an insult to our intelligence as a people, but of course the bus driver in Minimah's village surviving on N200 a day, or even a sufficiently ignorant cankerworm on this thread will gladly pick an empty Jonathan that appointed his even emptier brother over a Buhari that will ensure that his quality of life is improved through elimination of corruption, and at least ensure that he is not the next victim of a carefully placed motor park bomb.
Brother if you go to Minimah's community you will see poverty smiling at you. I am from Rivers State and I feel pained that some people still have this brainwashed zombie effect.

1 Like

Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 01, 2014
thunderrider: Is Buhari really the Saint you portray him to be?

No skeleton in his cupboard?

And have you laid bare all the facts about him?

Though Jonathan is no SAINT either what do you think

will an association with BAT yield?

Do you have your fact? You see contents of the original posts are based on FACT and was specific. NOT them say them say.

1 Like

Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista:
I am sure this will answer your question
You should ASK why he was put under house Arrest. Let me tell you, It was because the Buhari Regime were investigating him and don't want him to go exile.
Go get your fact right.

By the way, The Buhari Regime jailed a Charismatic Northern Governor of Fulani tribe for 300YEARS

Not buying that line - Shagari WAS HEAD OF A STINKINGLY CORRUPT GOVERNMENT. He bears PRIMARY responsibility for every penny that was stolen under his watch. If Ekwueme admitted to stealing any funds, Shagari (his boss) must also be called to account for it. Unless, of course, you insist that the president bears no responsibility for funds stolen by officers in his administration - in which case Goodluck Jonathan may also be exonerated for corruption if we cannot prove that he PERSONALLY stole funds.

You can't have it both ways.

Shagari should also have been jailed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 01, 2014

I think base on your recent posts and hullabaloo grin on NL... you may be subjecting yourself to High Blood Pressure.

I will only make a comment without sentiment. BUHARI can NEVER rule a UNITED Nigeria again.

Shalom!
Guy you don fall my hand. Anyway, You have no basis for your judgement.
Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
HNosegbe:

Not buying that line - Shagari WAS HEAD OF A STINKINGLY CORRUPT GOVERNMENT. He bears PRIMARY responsibility for every penny that was stolen under his watch. If Ekwueme admitted to stealing any funds, Shagari (his boss) must also be called to account for it. Unless, of course, you insist that the president bears no responsibility for funds stolen by officers in his administration - in which case Goodluck Jonathan may also be exonerated for corruption if we cannot prove that he PERSONALLY stole funds.

You can't have it both ways.

Shagari should also have been jailed.
ONE QUESTION: How many has Jonathan Convicted?

3 Likes

Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
The OP is just clueless. It is senseless to compare a democratic regime with a military dictator.
The worst democratic regime (which GEJ is not) is still far better than a benevolent military dictator (which Buhari was not).

The joy on the faces of Edo citizens when they voted and their votes counted for Oshiomole supercedes whatever rubbish you claim was achieved by a dictator like Buhari. Likewise the joy on the faces of Imolites when they voted out Ohakim for non-performance and their votes counted.

That joy or RIGHT to vote and be voted for is the BEAUTY of democracy and cannot be quantified.

It was for the right to vote and be voted for that the Arabs revolted in what was called the Arab Spring, during which thousands lost their lives.

The OP should have also told us what followed after the phantom achievements he claimed Buhari achieved. A leader that could not hold onto to the power he seized with the barrel of the gun is a MASSIVE FAILURE.

In sane countries, Buhari and his coup plotting gang would spend the rest of their lives apologizing profusely for sacking a democratically elected govt- federal and state elected officials.

Lest we forget, among those state governors sacked then were the likes of Jakande, Sam Mbakwe and others who were already massively transforming their respective states. Jakande for instance was already building railway in Lagos and that project was truncated by Buhari's coup and it was not revived again till 2010 or thereabout.

The OP should GO AND DIE with his Buhari's ars licking nonsense. Only a MAD man will still fantasize about 1983 model of TV in 2014. Nonsense!

11 Likes

Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 01, 2014

Shalom!
usually emptiness.

4 Likes

Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista: AMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
Pathetic...

1 Like

Re: Modified by M0GIDI: 3:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista: Like I told you, I did FURTHER research on the man Buhari which greatly influenced my Judgement.
And I still restated the Decree 4 and 2. Why not respond to the thread?

The views and sentiments you expressed in that thread is the view of most Nigerians. You proved in that thread that you were capable of doing your own research, thinking for yourself and above all not believe everything you're told.

To do a 360 degree U-turn and still expect to be taken seriously is a hard sell.

4 Likes

Re: Modified by Firefire(m): 3:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista: Guy you don fall my hand. Anyway, You have no basis for your judgement.

My friend, Your hand remain intact abi apa ee ti ta bo ni ? grin

We thank Buhari for his good leadership during his reign but current event cannot make him a president again in a UNITED Nigeria.

Please get the message clear.
Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista: ONE QUESTION: How many has Jonathan Convicted?

I'm not comparing Jonathan and Buhari, I'm calling you out on Buhari's SELECTIVE fight against corruption while he was in office.

4 Likes

Re: Modified by Firefire(m): 3:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
M0GIDI:

The views and sentiments you expressed in that thread is the view of most Nigerians. You proved in that thread that you were capable of doing your own research, thinking for yourself and above all not believe everything you're told.

To do a 360 degree U-turn and still expect to be taken seriously is a hard sell.

such is life...

2 Likes

Re: Modified by thwarrior72: 3:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
Goat news undecided

1 Like

Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
Obiagelli:
usually emptiness.
Very Pathetic. At least NL Forumites and Guests will see for themselves. It's a surprise that the self-acclaimed sincere9gerian is intentionally absent

3 Likes

Re: Modified by M0GIDI: 3:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
Firefire:

such is life...

360 degree U-turn in less 3 weeks, come on.

1 Like

Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
M0GIDI:

Since when did I become your spokesperson? Gentleman SPEAK for yourself.
To me my opinion
To You Yours.
Mine is based on facts gathered from continuous research. I dont know what influences yours but you look stupid basing your opinion in whatever I say without VERIFICATION.

8 Likes

Re: Modified by Firefire(m): 3:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
Obiagelli:
usually emptiness.

Are you sure? or I don’t which to say anything as I know where the Iroko tree go fall, why wasting my energy on a fruitless adventure of Buhari ruling Nigeria again, when I know his END!

1 Like

Re: Modified by rozayx5(m): 3:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
another thread added to barcanista list of failures cool cool
We aint buying any extremist in the south cool cool
He can only rule Arewa republic
, no more free oil money for northerners, they should go and plant groundnut cool
APC can keep their south west, and forget about FG smiley

4 Likes

Re: Modified by arewanationz: 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
I find it astonishing hw many fail to realise and accept that Buhari is a great Icn and an embodiment of hope for the common man.

I, Like many others here wasn't born during the Buhari, but a little look at the archives will show (arguably) that after Murtala Mohd, no past leader ever had a better plan marshaled out to salvage this country like Gen Buhari.

Buhari, aside from having the desire to make this country better, is also very intelligent and brings around him, intelligent individuals unlike our dear Ogogoro master who apart from being dull and mumu-ish, surrounds himself with mediocres, thugs and criminals who having nothing positive to offer to this country.

I sincerely hope that this work by the op will serve as a wake up call to the gullible ones who have been brain washed by the wicked souls who do not wish this country well.

5 Likes

Re: Modified by nigerianvenom(m): 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista: I wasn't paid(Won't mind getting paid for doing what is right though). Please DO NOT DERAIL, DON'T even attempt to. Face the topic.

Thanks

where did u get this unproven fact ?
apart from abacha and IBB,which other leader is as corrupt as ur oga-buhari?
why not tell us about the billions of dollars he sneaked into d country at midnite with the aid of an emir?
why dont u tell us the several journalist he arrested for reporting the crimes he committed?
why dont u tell us that he placed shagari on house arrest will he send ekueme to kirikiri?
why dont u tell us about several unverified murdered he conmitted?
why are u trying ur best to make buhari look good when we all know he is not?
shame on u for trying to decieve innocent nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
Meanwhile, there are also literatures on the exploits of "Thief" Buhari.

Enjoy!
Sincere9gerian: The actions and inactions of General Muhammadu Buhari as the head of The Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF), inaugurated by the Abacha govt, exposed the cluelessness and fraudulent nature of the retired general.

Details of the colossal waste, ineptitude, FRAUD and cluelessness associated with PTF were exposed in an exclusive report by Pointblank news recently.

The OBJ govt did set up an Interim Management Committee (IMC) in 2000 to look into the affairs of PTF. Below are HIGHLIGHTS of the atrocities perpetrated under the watchful eyes of Buhari (According to Pointblank news exclusive report):

1 The total public funds to be recovered from various contractors, banks and consultants amounted to about Twenty five billion, seven hundred and fifty eight million five hundred and thirty two thousand four hundred and forty eight Naira.

In other words, about N25billion was STOLEN

2 PTF Assisted HIV/ AIDS Programmes : The intervention of PTF in the HIV/AIDS was flawed due to professional negligence by the management consultants. There was an EXCESSIVE order of HIV/AIDS kits which resulted in most of the kits expiring before use. Also there was GROSS INFLATION of the purchase price. The two factors combined resulted in a loss of N 579,000,000 (Five hundred and seventy nine million Naira only).

3 PTF Intervention Programmes : PTF intervention in the health sector input programmes totalled to about N 9 billion Naira. The projects were executed by the management consultantsand PTF in-house staff. In this sector there are three glaring areas of loss: (a) Purchase of specific frames which was done at N 1,900 each while they can be purchased locally at a price between N 80 and N 880. This resulted in total loss of N 45, 270,000 (b) Purchase of ambulances which was done at N 13,000,000 each instead of the price of N 3,000,000 each. This resulted in total loss of N 900,000,000 (Nine hundred million Naira only). (c) Purchase of drugs was done to the tune of N 3.08 billion. Price inflation and expiring of drugs resulted in a loss to PTF of about N 1, 500, 000,000 ( one billion, fivehundred million Naira)

4 PTF Prevalence Expiring Drugs All Over The Country: A team of Pharmacists were commissioned to verify the Drugs Revolving Fund Programmes. Their findings were very depressing. A huge loss has been incurred by PTF as enumerated below:- (a) Drugs and consumables worth N 817, 831,723 (Eight hundred and seventeen million, eight and thirty one thousand seven hundred and twenty three Naira only) were found to have expired by October, 1999 (b) another quantity of drugs worth N 94, 741, 517 expired in December, 1999 (c) drugs worth N 233, 416, 829 will expire by March 2000 (d) Drugs worth N 461, 255,073 will expire by June 2000 (e) Drugs worth N 429, 117, 861 will expire by September, 2000 (f) Drugs worth N 1, 196, 276, 052 will expire by October- December, 2000.

There were many cases of deterioration of drugs as a result of faulty manufacturing, inappropriate packaging,improper storage and excess stock.

5 PTF Residential Estate: The involvement of PTF in Residential Estate Development was out of its intervention sphere. As at now, the estate has been confiscated by government. The contract sum is N 703, 815, 416 (Seven hundredand three million, eight hundred and fifteen thousand four hundred and sixteen Naira only) while after verification, the whole project was valued at N 328, 901, 521(Three hundred and Twenty Eight Million nine hundred and one thousand, five hundred and twenty one Naira only). There was an inflation of the contract to the tune of N 374, 913, 895 (Three hundredand seventy four million, nine hundred and thirteen thousand eight hundred and ninety five Naira only).

6 PTF Headquarters Extension: The IMC Commissioned Consultants to determine the current construction cost of the on-going extension at the headquarters office. The current construction cost determined by the Consultant came to N 326, 207, 861 (Three hundred and twenty six million, two hundred and seven thousand, eight hundred and sixty one Naira only) as against a contract sum of N 461, 216, 759 (Four hundred and sixty one million, two hundred and sixteen thousand, seven hundred and fifty nine Naira only) this resulted in contract sum inflation of N 135, 008, 879 (One hundred and thirty five million, eight thousand eight hundred and seventy nine Naira only).

7 Rural Water Supply Programme The area of potential fund recoveries under this programme are basically two :- (i) Mobilisation paid to contractors who by now have not even commenced work (ii) OVER PRICING of contracts. The amount to be recovered from this project sector can be conservatively estimated at N 1,000,000,000 (One billion Naira).

3 Likes

Re: Modified by djfaithy: 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista: In one of his accomplishment I saw "Winning of Nations Cup", I saw signing of contract(Project yet to be completed nor executed), one even said he appointed Rivers Sons Wike and Minimah as Minister and COAS respectively, that he has tried. Celebration of mediocrity
grin chai some people don kolo for dis country, I beg bro pm me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Shiites Protest In Abuja To Mark 5 Years Of #ZariaMassacre / Armed Forces Radio Begins Live Transmission / Kogi Scenario: AGF Should Head To Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.