Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,025 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Modified - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Modified (18918 Views)

mODIFIED / modified / The History Of Ebira People (itopa Ane Ebira) Modified By Aliyu Abdullahi Onumo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modified by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
Demdem2:

Name them. I know bayelsa well enough.

I worked with a major contractor in Bayelsa, I was also close to Engr. Olice kemenagbo the helmsman at the power section then and we were all directly involve in top notch projects under Jonathan Administration then. So if u wanna see those projects, Holla me

2 Likes

Re: Modified by BrosPeter: 4:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
LeStylo:

Even the OP was skewed along same lines until he thought it through and analysed things more carefully.

Analysed his bank balance is more apt, check out his take on Buhari before Naira exchanged hands. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Modified by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
LeStylo:

Even the OP was skewed along same lines until he thought it through and analysed things more carefully.
Forget that guy. he has nothing to say...
Re: Modified by Firefire(m): 4:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
atlwireles:

Good market for APC, bad market for Nigeria. That's why Nigerians, will do what, they have done three times before. Reject him at the polls again.

Mohamodu Buhari S.W.A crying since the '90s'

4 Likes

Re: Modified by Iykopee(m): 4:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
Who still lives by the dynamism of 1983 to adjudge matters of 2014? @ OP, repot ur psyche. This was how OBJ came from prison, when comparing his pedigree, he was thought a good man. Finally we saw the worst of him after 8yrs. repackaging buhari through 1983 play-act, is a sinistic ploy to cone Nigerians yet anoda time. He's not better than the devil i know.

3 Likes

Re: Modified by LeStylo: 4:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
Obiagelli:
nice videos, thanks.

My pleasure ma'am. Too sad we've got a whole generation that does not read, i could have recommended some books too.
Re: Modified by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
The international community keeps wondering how a clueless man like Jonathan became the President of Nigeria, and why he is eyeing a re-election in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Modified by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
Rexxie:
what sorta question is this,were u in mars when that happened? those chasing lunatics n murderers threatened to kill them cops n burn down da station n those equally janjaweeeds coppas cowardly threw the innocent n now hopeless n helpless corpers out to their doom! its either u wanna tell me u didnt hear or read'bout that or u were actually da one somewhere drunk..
#4kn NO2janjaweeeds Buhari...
while the whole area was burning, the police stayed in their stations and later threw out victims?

Those officers are still in uniforms today? Perfect definition of incompetence.

1 Like

Re: Modified by Firefire(m): 4:43pm On Sep 01, 2014
Iykopee: Who still lives by the dynamism of 1983 to adjudge matters of 2014? @ OP, repot ur psyche. This was how OBJ came from prison, when comparing his pedigree, he was thought a good man. Finally we saw the worst of him after 8yrs. repackaging buhari through 1983 play-act, is a sinistic ploy to cone Nigerians yet anoda time. He's not better than the devil i know.

tongue

2 Likes

Re: Modified by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
LeStylo:

My pleasure ma'am. Too sad we've got a whole generation that does not read, i could have recommended some books too.
sad truth.
Re: Modified by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
SeaGold:

I worked with a major contractor in Bayelsa, I was also close to Engr. Olice kemenagbo the helmsman at the power section then and we were all directly involve in top notch projects under Jonathan Administration then. So if u wanna see those projects, Holla me
Post them here for everybody to see.
Re: Modified by BrosPeter: 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
[size=13pt]General Ibrahim Babangida's Coup Speech August 27 , 1985[/size]

Let me at this point attempt to make you understand the premise upon which it became necessary to change the leadership. The principles of discussions, consultation and co-operation which should have guided decision-making process of the Supreme Military Council and the Federal Executive Council were disregarded soon after the government settled down in 1984. Where some of us thought it appropriate to give a little more time, anticipating a conducive atmosphere that would develop, in which affairs of state could be attended to with greater sense of responsibility, it became increasingly clear that such expectations could not be fulfilled.

Regrettably, it turned out that [size=15pt]Major-General Muhammadu Buhari was too rigid and uncompromising in his attitudes to issues of national significance.[/size] Efforts to make him understand that a diverse polity like Nigeria required recognition and appreciation of differences in both cultural and individual perceptions, only served to aggravate these attitudes.

Am afraid Buhari hasn't learned anything.
Re: Modified by atlwireles: 4:46pm On Sep 01, 2014
Iykopee: Who still lives by the dynamism of 1983 to adjudge matters of 2014? @ OP, repot ur psyche. This was how OBJ came from prison, when comparing his pedigree, he was thought a good man. Finally we saw the worst of him after 8yrs. repackaging buhari through 1983 play-act, is a sinistic ploy to cone Nigerians yet anoda time. He's not better than the devil i know.

Obj had a record of success, before 1999, buhari had none. I can understand Nigerians supporting Obj based on his past leadership of the country.

1 Like

Re: Modified by SUBMARINE: 4:46pm On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista: GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Mi992cR6Fzg/Ua3cJwU0WrI/AAAAAAAAidw/FyPl-xKu7Yg/s400/buhari.jpg[/img]
ECONOMY
Inherited a dwindling economy,
1. Paid of $50m loan within few days of assumption and cleared the country's debt
2. Reduced Inflation from 23% to 3.21% within 20months.
3. Nigeria's GDP by Purchasing Power Parity was $941.2, it Grew by 8.56 %
3. Refused to devalue the Naira
4. curbing imports of needless goods, curtailing oil theft and using counter trade policy to barter seized illegally bunkered crude oil for needful goods like machineries, enabling it to export above its OPEC quota.
5. Under Buhari, Hoarded Goods were Sold at prices below market.

CORRUPTION:
1. Senator Sabo Bakin Zuwo, The Civilian Governor of Kano State was jailed for 300Years because $4.5 million was said to be found "stacked up" in Zuwo's home when it was searched by the new military government. He died in 1989
2. Vice President Alex Ekwueme was jailed of corruption. Stockpiles of money ranged from $56,000 found at his home
3. Fmr Bendel Governor Ambrose Alli was jailed for 100years for misappropriating funds belonging to Bendel State to the tune of N983,000. The Money was meant for road project but he donated it to his Party. He was later freed when Sir Gabriel Igbenedion paid fine to the Government.
4. A total of 4000 exGovernment officials submitted themselves to be tried for Corruption.Over 600 were Jailed Convicted and Jailed.
5. Many High profile Government officials, Businessmen, foreigners were jailed for one corrupt practice or the other.
6. Political office Holders, Businessmen, Contractors, civil servants and many others shunned corruption like a Plague

INSURGENCY
1. Maitatsine Group founded by Maitatsine Marwa, a Koranic scholar, rejected the hadith and the sunnah and regarded the reading of any other book but the Koran as paganism raised its head in 1979 during the Administration of President Shehu Shagari after he was contained by the Murtala and Obasanjo Administrations. Maitatsine spoke against the use of radios, watches, bicycles, cars and the possession of more money than necessary. Churches, Market, Police Formations, Government buildings etc was attacked leaving over FIVE thousand dead btw 1979 and 1981 (including Maitatsine).The Group moved to Kano, Borno, Kaduna, Gombe and environs. Over 4,000 people died(65% were insurgents). Buhari Crushed the Insurgency COMPLETELY within 16months. The 2i/c fled to Cameroon and was arrested in 2004.

OTHER SECURITY
1. There was high rate of armed robbery during Shagari's regime. Buhari stepped it, brought an end to armed robbery.
2. Introduced NURTW to checkmate "One Chance" and subsequently brought law and order.
3. Drug traffikers were executed.

PETROLEUM INFRASTRUCTURE
1. As NNPC Chairman, He was the man that Initiated and signed the construction contract of the existing Warri and Kaduna refineries. Two of the ONLY 3 Refineries In Nigeria. As at that time, Nigeria had just 1 Refinery-Portharcourt Refinery, established in 1965.

THE PRESS
He Instituted decree 2 and Decree 4 that was aimed at gaging the Press and Banned street protests. This is his only low but he was honest in his actions.

N/B: I deliberately refused to including Road Projects and others so as not to make it too bulky and boring.

I thought we are the leaders of tomorrow
So Buhari who ruled us 30 yrs ago should still rule us now when we have the likes of Fashola Oshiomole Amaechi etc
Truly we have so many Northern slaves of the OP is a very loyal slave
Now someone should pay back his school fees and burn his certificate

3 Likes

Re: Modified by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista: Amen @ emboldened. And he will also Judge the one that refused to protect the people he swore to protect despite all the Billions. AMEN
Including those who promised to make da country ungorvenable if da born2rule maniacs didnt land their parasitic arsses at aso rock. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Modified by anago90: 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
nigerianvenom:

and may ur life be run the way buhari ran nigeria in the 80s

may my life be manage the way he manage corruption and the economy.
Re: Modified by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
TribalEAST: I'll pick security to discuss on. How safe were nigerians during but regimes? How strong was the nigerian military during both regimes? How many dangerous sects sprung up during both regimes?
Believe me, Nigerians are not safer now than we were then. The military is very strong during their rule. And Maitasine is as deadly are Boko Haram of today!
Re: Modified by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
BrosPeter: [size=13pt]General Ibrahim Babangida's Coup Speech August 27 , 1985[/size]

Am afraid Buhari hasn't learned anything.
too rigid to allow corruption? Lol, Speech of a thief.

2 Likes

Re: Modified by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
I'm getting tired of Jonathan's supporters. They appear to be more clueless than him, and keep making me to lose interest in the politics section because of their baseless argument.
Re: Modified by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
And your point is??

Btw:
What was Obasanjo's achievement btw 1976 and 1979? What was his achievement btw 1999 and 2007? Should we do Obasanjo/Jonathan head 2 head?
Re: Modified by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
"Buhari enslaved the nation. He gloated and gloried in a master-slave relation to the millions of its inhabitants. It is astonishing to find that the same former slaves, now free of their chains, should clamour to be ruled by one who not only turned their nation into a slave plantation, but forbade them any discussion of their condition"
- Prof Wole Soyinka on Buhari's attempt to rule Nigeria again in this democratic dispensation
Re: Modified by BrosPeter: 4:52pm On Sep 01, 2014
Obiagelli:
too rigid to allow corruption? Lol, Speech of a thief.

Nigeria is a complex society, you can't impose your will (without consultation) on 160mill people. There goes my hate for the retired General.
Buhari lacks the tact and ability to govern Christians and Muslims.
Re: Modified by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 01, 2014
Rexxie:
Including those who promised to make da country ungorvenable if da born2rule maniacs didnt land their parasitic arsses at aso rock. Amen
Amen
"Nigeria Will be ungovernable if Jonathan wins"---Lawal Kaita, PDP Chieftain 2010 and still PDP Chieftain

1 Like

Re: Modified by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:52pm On Sep 01, 2014
enigmaotr:
Believe me, Nigerians are not safer now than we were then. The military is very strong during their rule. And Maitasine is as deadly are Boko Haram of today!
The persitence of the activities of Boko Haram, when compared with Maitatsine that was crushed in the 1980's, is as a result of the weakness of the C-in-C, Jonathan, not his being a civilian.
Re: Modified by Firefire(m): 4:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista,

My brother, give it up Buhari candidature cannot fly. I know you, egift, Obiagelli, Berem, and some friends here hate Jonathan with all perfect hatred , but:

… Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Romans 13:1

… Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Romans 8:33-34a

3 Likes

Re: Modified by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 01, 2014
Obiagelli:
while the whole area was burning, the police stayed in their stations and later threw out victims?

Those officers are still in uniforms today? Perfect definition of incompetence.
Wrong. thats perfect definition n stereotype of da janjaweeeds capabilities fully understood.

1 Like

Re: Modified by Freest(m): 4:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista: WhY not tell us what JONATHAN has done? I created a Thread for that
I don't need to tell u nothing cos u started this thread with a biased mind... U said everything good abt buhari like he is an Angel, and everything bad abt GEJ like he is a devil. How den do u want d argument to go? When from start its always favored a party!!! Abegiiii....
APC faithfuls condemning GEJ since 1884....
Whether u guys believe it or not dat guy is winning come 2015.... Get used to it! grin

1 Like

Re: Modified by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: I'm getting tired of Jonathan's supporters. They appear to be more clueless than him, and keep making me to lose interest in the politics section because of their baseless argument.
very annoying and unintelligent bunch of clowns. I don't argue with them. Just state my opinion and watch them fool themselves

1 Like

Re: Modified by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Post them here for everybody to see.

I am not a photographer, I am a contractor.

Sorry for disappointing!
Re: Modified by Rawani: 4:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
LeStylo:

Thanks Barcanista. I think i found myself in same shoes with you. And the more i researched about the frail man, the more i respect and admire him. One of the more glaring evidence of GMB's stance as a HOS is the exerpt from Prof Aliu Mazrui's award-winning documentary - The Africans shot few months into his ascent to power in 1984. I saw it in secondary school and had always wanted to see it again. Youtube to my rescue!

Only 2 examples herein - no stories, no bullsh*t.
1. 5yrs into Shagari's rule, 20% of our total crude oil disappears under mysterious conditions. Fortunes were made by falsifying the record of crude in our reserves or reporting wrong proportion of water, the govt set up a combined team of secret policemen, petroleum officials, naval police and the army. Each watching on each other to ensure there's no fraud! This was a part of a new set of laws to restore sanity in the oil sector called "PetroCrime".
See Video below 3.10-5.15mins

2. The next scene is a popular TV advert run by the govt as part of the WAI campaign. Federal auditors were moving from one govt agency to another to audit records. There suddenly came a season of arson where public offices were bursting up in flames mysteriously. The advert message is simple ad straightforward.
"FRAUD WILL FETCH YOU A LONG SENTENCE
ARSON WILL FETCH YOU DEATH"

See Video below 5.15-5.37mins
Lest we forget, the NFF HQ only bursted into mysterious flames barely 2wks ago. The circumstances remain suspicious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbrupq6s_Rw

"They call it Petrotiasis - the moral disease of sudden oil wealth in a capitalist economy"

Bless you for that link.
Re: Modified by omerta(f): 4:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
@Sincere9gerian: You are really pathetic. What the bloody hell is elombah news? Some filthy blog created by your fellow c0ck sucking sycophants, I guess.. While I think some of the OP's points are debatable, bringing up some trashy, God-forsaken, WordPress powered piece shiit isn't the way to go!

2 Likes

Re: Modified by BrosPeter: 4:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
Sincere9gerian: "Buhari enslaved the nation. He gloated and gloried in a master-slave relation to the millions of its inhabitants. It is astonishing to find that the same former slaves, now free of their chains, should clamour to be ruled by one who not only turned their nation into a slave plantation, but forbade them any discussion of their condition"
- Prof Wole Soyinka on Buhari's attempt to rule Nigeria again in this democratic dispensation

This one goes into my archive as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl / IPOB: A Delusion Taken Too Far - Charles Ibekwe / Atiku Blasts INEC’s ‘Crass Ignorance And Incomparably Low-Level Illiteracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.