Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists (56163 Views)

Troop Repels Boko Haram Attack In Gulak, Recover Vehicles, Ammunitions(Pics) / Military Repels Boko Haram Attack on Damaturu / Military Reclaims Michika, Gulak, Uba Kills And Repels Insurgent From Vintim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by tsolz150: 11:40am On Sep 02, 2014
Go and advise your fake pastors / prophets that uses the name of the Lord in vain to enrich themselves undecided
hardbody:

Make your brothers in the Lord of Allah no hear you oooo. They kill first and apologise later. Just a friendly warning and advise.
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by dfav: 11:42am On Sep 02, 2014
i will like to know the truth...
as BAMA fallen to BOKO or still on Naija side

Nigeria's Boko Haram 'seize' Bama town in Borno
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29021037
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by bartdece: 11:56am On Sep 02, 2014
According to Reuters and BBC and many others Bama is in the hands of Boko Haram. How is it possible that the Nigerian Army does not manage to beat those guys once and for ever? They have perhaps 5000 fighters altogether.
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Litmus: 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2014
bartdece: According to Reuters and BBC and many others Bama is in the hands of Boko Haram. How is it possible that the Nigerian Army does not manage to beat those guys once and for ever? They have perhaps 5000 fighters altogether.

If true then i believe i was right to argue that Nigeria does not know what they're up against. Nigeria should be able to defeat a local insurgency whether or not backed or financed by politicians. Nigeria can hold it's own against forces whose ranks are swelled by the useless from all over Africa. Nigeria cannot defeat forces backed, funded and supported by Western powers unless Nigeria knows that this is what is happening.

I am telling you guys right now that Nigeria is fighting forces backed and funded by the West or with the West complicit knowledge and surreptitious backing.

For Nigeria to stand a chance of defeating these forces Nigeria-even if it does not believe that Western powers are behind this, most re-arm and act as if Nigeria is fighting a Western backed insurgence. This means that for a start Nigeria most begin at once not to share intelligence with all those foreign military attache's that range from Pakistan to America. Beware of the capabilities of Western powers in intelligence gathering and tell yourself that whatever you do Bokoharam is probably one step ahead. It aint nothing to do with saboteurs - not saying they don't exist- but Boko is more likely to be getting massive intelligence and arming from abroad.

And for Christ sake do not trust CAMEROON!!!!!
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by ProfyJay(m): 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
richeso: [size=20pt]1 thing wey dey vex me about media's ehn.. why dem no dey give pictures of the deadbody of boko people?
if na boko kill dem go show us. but if we kill no pictures why?[/size]
who want die?..or do you want a press to go and start taking pictures at a war zone?
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by ProfyJay(m): 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
richeso: [size=20pt]1 thing wey dey vex me about media's ehn.. why dem no dey give pictures of the deadbody of boko people?
if na boko kill dem go show us. but if we kill no pictures why?[/size]
who want die?..or do you want the press to go and start taking pictures at a war zone?
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
These guys no dey finish sef!!!
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Prosperuzor(m): 12:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
Me i don dey used to dis kind news yet d boko no dey finish
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by KwoiZabo(m): 1:03pm On Sep 02, 2014
Daverytimes: I am seriously hoping that the news is not true, because if it is it spreads doom for this country and Boko Haram will become the next ISIS. And it is time you guys stop thinking of Boko Haram as some bushmen without training, they have thousands of member and maybe tens if not hundreds of backers in high place of government. They receive financial backing and training from those backers and that means that this guys are more than a match for the military, our governments incompetence is whats leading to this crises and barring this APC vs PDP bullshit people should vote in someone who is COMPETENT. If someone like Adesina (Agricultural Minister) ran for president i will vote him in in a heartbeat because he is COMPETENT, he has performed above and beyond in his field, which is something you cannot say for a majority of those in Nigeria's government today.
Thats why I hate people like you. You people are irritatingly biased and tribalistic. Of all the good things the present administration is doing you just single out your tribesman as the only person with brains. Well i am not concerned because the presidet will be return next year and this your burning heart will explode. ODE
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by taiyejoel(m): 1:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
Plus10: God Bless our gallant army
God bless President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
God bless the good people of Nigeria!
We shall win this war...
amen...
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by fidzy(m): 1:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
debrihachi:
Lol....looking for criticism

What if you were mistaken for a terrorist??
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by LORDVEST(m): 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
crisis in wukari again.. gunshots from 5am till now .. Muslims started it first. immediately after they did their first call to prayer ... after hearing allah-uh-warkba..... name gunshots ooooo.... well planned attack on Christian's here.. but God will give us victory
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by zurine(f): 1:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
interesting
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by haryomikun(m): 2:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
Aprime: Good! One by one, those blood sucking demons will drop death.
#Gbagaun grin
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by haryomikun(m): 2:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
KwoiZabo: Thats why I hate people like you. You people are irritatingly biased and tribalistic. Of all the good things the present administration is doing you just single out your tribesman as the only person with brains. Well i am not concerned because the presidet will be return next year and this your burning heart will explode. ODE
I don't think d man was bein tribalistic at all
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by tomiobj(m): 3:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
Samueldo: MAIDUGURI – No fewer than 45 suspected members of Boko Haram sect have been killed in an encounter with military troops when the terrorists attempted to invade and take over Bama Local Government Area of Borno State.
Over 30 of the insurgents were also injured in the fierce battle with security operatives that lasted for over 5 hours.
The incident according to sources started in the early hours ofMondayat about5:30am.
This is even as an unconfirmed report revealed that another group of the insurgents were sightedon Mondayaround Mafa Local Government Area and Kayamula villages of Konduga Local Government Area near Maiduguri metropolis, but the ones sighted around Kayamula village were killed by military troops, while those around Mafa were suspected to be making frantic effort to enter the metropolis.
Bama is about 76 kilometres drive and south east of Maiduguri, the state capital which had witnessed series of deadly attacks by suspected terrorists.
A competent source said, “the insurgents stormed the town through Bama-Banki-Gwoza Road but were intercepted by gallant military troops near the Bama Mobile Police Unit located about 5 kilometers away from Bama town.
The Boko Haram insurgents were said to have tactically attempted to enter Bama town in convoy of military vehicles and motorcycles wearing military uniform armed with sophisticated weapons and local Improved Explosive Devices (IEDs).

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/45-boko-haram-members-killed-army-repel-attack-bama/
. Pics orrr
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Babalegba(m): 3:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
Litmus:

If true then i believe i was right to argue that Nigeria does not know what they're up against. Nigeria should be able to defeat a local insurgency whether or not backed or financed by politicians. Nigeria can hold it's own against forces whose ranks are swelled by the useless from all over Africa. Nigeria cannot defeat forces backed, funded and supported by Western powers unless Nigeria knows that this is what is happening.

I am telling you guys right now that Nigeria is fighting forces backed and funded by the West or with the West complicit knowledge and surreptitious backing.

For Nigeria to stand a chance of defeating these forces Nigeria-even if it does not believe that Western powers are behind this, most re-arm and act as if Nigeria is fighting a Western backed insurgence. This means that for a start Nigeria most begin at once not to share intelligence with all those foreign military attache's that range from Pakistan to America. Beware of the capabilities of Western powers in intelligence gathering and tell yourself that whatever you do Bokoharam is probably one step ahead. It aint nothing to do with saboteurs - not saying they don't exist- but Boko is more likely to be getting massive intelligence and arming from abroad.

Clown. How long will it take you clowns to understand the simple logic that soldiers of corrupt states do not fight well , smh. A soldier must love and be loyal to his people to fight well but corruption strips you of love and loyalty to your country.

1 Like

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by omoloba123(m): 3:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
Chaiiii, I cant believe it, The military had initially repelled Boko Haram's assault, and the group returned with reinforcements to seize the town, what happened to the military reinforcement ? I thought we used about 70, 000 in Osun during the election. deploy them down there and solve this problem.
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by zendy: 4:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
omoloba123: Chaiiii, I cant believe it, The military had initially repelled Boko Haram's assault, and the group returned with reinforcements to seize the town, what happened to the military reinforcement ? I thought we used about 70, 000 in Osun during the election. deploy them down there and solve this problem.

It isn't that easy. The difference between the Nigerian soldier you are sending down there and the Boko Haram fighter is that the Nigerian soldier doesn't want to die. The Boko Haram fighter who has been dreaming if his '70 virgins in Heaven' is fully committed (maybe even happy) to die. It's most likely that Nigerian soldiers would run away when they confront an enemy who is prepared to use suicide bombing and any callous means to kill. Not even America with all it's sophisticated weaponry could defeat insurgents in Afghanistan and Iraq. It's a hopeless case.
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by rawtruth(m): 4:41pm On Sep 02, 2014
Litmus:

Look inward; saboteurs are more destructive than external factors in any war situation. One leak can undermine a whole sets of plans that could box-in the enemy and expose them to quick and decisive defeat.
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Muscomide: 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
KwoiZabo: Thats why I hate people like you. You people are irritatingly biased and tribalistic. Of all the good things the present administration is doing you just single out your tribesman as the only person with brains. Well i am not concerned because the presidet will be return next year and this your burning heart will explode. ODE

What is biased and tribalistic in acknowledging a minister who is clearly performing and is highly competent? Jonathan is clearly not performing, is he? For your information, it has now been confirmed that the town of Bama has fallen into the hands of Boko Haram. At this rate, the clueless one will only be the Commander-in-Chief of Otuoke this time next year.
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Litmus: 7:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
I'm usually right in these things. Go check my posts - from when i first joined Nairaland and somebody asked, "how will world war start, is it going to be about the Straits of Hormuz, the Arab Palestinian issue etc?' and i responded by stating there wont be an all encompassing world war like the last two but that there will be conflicts everywhere and this will be like the world at war. Up til now, like three days ago when i stated that the world will have to help West Africa in fighting Ebola and that is what they're now debating, I've been more or less right.

Warning To Nigeria, WHO wants Travel Restrictions lifted Do Not Do It!
https://www.nairaland.com/1878663/warning-nigeria-wants-travel-restrictions

A global military intervention is needed to curb the largest ever Ebola outbreak, according to the medical charity Medecins Sans Frontieres.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-29031987

Dont mean to trumpet anything but, guys, it's obvious - Nigeria can defeat a local insurgency funded by politicians without problem, Nigeria can defeat a rebel army swelled by the ranks of jobless African youths - no problem. Nigeria can defeat these forces, corruption or no corruption. Nigeria will only find difficulty defeating an enemy funded by outside powers especially if Nigeria is ignorant of this and only makes preparations and planing to defeat local insurgency.
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by sayusuf(m): 3:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
Who mention one day?... All this Inyamuri self
Nwoke2012:

Can somebody actually walk 60km in one day? All these mallams sef.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bandit, Yellow Baba Arusa Who Led Sunday’s Attack On Kaduna-Abuja Road shot Dead / APC Suspends Kayode Fayemi Over Anti-Party Activities / Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.