Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,759 members, 7,955,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:53 PM

Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists (56298 Views)

Troop Repels Boko Haram Attack In Gulak, Recover Vehicles, Ammunitions(Pics) / Military Repels Boko Haram Attack on Damaturu / Military Reclaims Michika, Gulak, Uba Kills And Repels Insurgent From Vintim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Tex42(m): 10:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
Don't know how true this story is,but all i can say and of which i'm sure of is that a guy in ma lodge just recieved a call from his friend(a second lieutenant) this evening,telling him that he is quiting the NA,his words- 'baba i dey come back house o!'. he said that he was in hiding as he made the call.

according to him,they were attacked by boko boys early this morning. heard him say that this is by far the worst attack carriedout by the BH group on the NA.

just hope the NA finally claimed victory in the end.

may the good Lord have mercy on this country. #GodBlessNigeria
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by okonja(m): 10:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
cole265:
Na wa o! If you see as I dey shake for here.
which area are you?
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by okonja(m): 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
richeso: [size=20pt]1 thing wey dey vex me about media's ehn.. why dem no dey give pictures of the deadbody of boko people?
if na boko kill dem go show us. but if we kill no pictures why?[/size]
Never believe the media...everything is politics...
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Lathunjimi(m): 10:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
It's a pity story has changed tonight...

The latest report has it that Boko Haram militants have taken over Bama, in Borno State, residents have told SaharaReporters. Bama which is the state second-largest city was attacked earlier today by the militants. The early morning attack was initially repelled by Nigerian troops. The extremists seem to have returned in greater force, leading some of the soldiers to follow fleeing civilians in an effort to escape. Boko Haram has completely overrun the city and hoisted its flag in the city center, residents are saying.
An intelligence source said reinforcements were underway to Bama from Maiduguri, but our own sources said only a few soldiers, in four armored tanks, were seen near Yezaram River. He added that the unit was in no way capable of re-taking Bama from the militants. Over 100 injured soldiers are receiving treatment at the MRS Hospital in Maimalari Barracks. Several soldiers have died while others are still missing.

http://www.today.ng/news/boko-haram-captures-bama/
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by texaco1: 10:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
Tex42: Don't know how true this story is,but all i can say and of which i'm sure of is that a guy in ma lodge just recieved a call from his friend(a second lieutenant) this evening,telling him that he is quiting the NA,his words- 'baba i dey come back house o!'. he said that he was in hiding as he made the call.

according to him,they were attacked by boko boys early this morning. heard him say that this is by far the worst attack carriedout by the BH group on the NA.

just hope the NA finally claimed victory in the end.

may the good Lord have mercy on this country. #GodBlessNigeria

I won't be surprised if the fg brings in foreign mecenaries to help the army,but this will further compound the issue
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by okonja(m): 10:46pm On Sep 01, 2014
meforyou1: just shut the hell up if you have nothing positive to report. Same Maiduguri where they say there is no mobile network, no this, no that, yet you can browse and can report of a soldier sitting on the ground, who is from Bama ( by looking at his face or by interviewing him or what?). Are u using satelitellite phone? Are u an international news network reporter or what? Or are u a military intelligence officer?
And what is unusual about reversing curfew when it has already been reported that the enemies are in trying to enter Bama which is close to Maiduguri?
And what exactly are you still doing outside, observing and reporting negativity when the curfew will take effect in 30 minutes?
Only if you are in Maiduguri, you wouldn't be talking like this.lipsrsealed Just pray for us here angry

2 Likes

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by okonja(m): 10:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
18wheeler:
Sure you are in Maiduguri right now? I got here 5pm from Kaduna. took me a full hour to go from borno express park to Gombole road, old gra which normally takes me less than 15mins. its chaos actually 'cos of the sudden curfew review but tired soldiers not sure except you went to bama which was in war since morning and civilians were even advised to leave by the army. so at what particular spot did you.see the soldiers cos reliable info is that soldiers are fucking the motherfuckers up in bama. a woman I traveled with was getting 1st hand info from her hubby who escaped the battle there this morning. not doubting you though but just conflicting info am getting.
If you were along Water Treatment plant area, 202/Unimaid axis, you would see the soldiers yourself, anyway welcome back. sad

3 Likes

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Daverytimes(m): 10:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
Una dey see am? Boko Haram just took over a City of 500,000, FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND. People's Ethnic bias will not let them see that we have idiots in power, the day we start electing people based on merit rather than "My Igbo brother, Yoruba brother, Hausa brother e.t.c" will be the day this country moves forward. Also for those saying its not your problem because it is happening in the North, dont worry it very soon will become your problem.

4 Likes

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by texaco1: 10:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
Lathunjimi: It's a pity story has changed tonight...

The latest report has it that Boko Haram militants have taken over Bama, in Borno State, residents have told SaharaReporters. Bama which is the state second-largest city was attacked earlier today by the militants. The early morning attack was initially repelled by Nigerian troops. The extremists seem to have returned in greater force, leading some of the soldiers to follow fleeing civilians in an effort to escape. Boko Haram has completely overrun the city and hoisted its flag in the city center, residents are saying.
An intelligence source said reinforcements were underway to Bama from Maiduguri, but our own sources said only a few soldiers, in four armored tanks, were seen near Yezaram River. He added that the unit was in no way capable of re-taking Bama from the militants. Over 100 injured soldiers are receiving treatment at the MRS Hospital in Maimalari Barracks. Several soldiers have died while others are still missing.

http://www.today.ng/news/boko-haram-captures-bama/
where did nigeria get it wrong?how did we get into this mess?and how did we allow this mess to get to this level? It is really a sad story, this may be the beginning of the end of nigeria ,because with this militant successful attacks ,other islamic terror groups will want to associate with them and support them .

2 Likes

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by RossMehn: 11:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
Daverytimes: Una dey see am? Boko Haram just took over a City of 500,000, FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND. People's Ethnic bias will not let them see that we have idiots in power, the day we start electing people based on merit rather than "My Igbo brother, Yoruba brother, Hausa brother e.t.c" will be the day this country moves forward. Also for those saying its not your problem because it is happening in the North, dont worry it very soon become your problem.

1 million likes for u

2 Likes

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Tex42(m): 11:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
texaco1: I won't be surprised if the fg brings in foreign mecenaries to help the army,but this will further compound the issue
seriously i'm beginning to think that this BH insurgency is beginning to overwhelm the NA.

1 Like

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Daverytimes(m): 11:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
I am seriously hoping that the news is not true, because if it is it spreads doom for this country and Boko Haram will become the next ISIS. And it is time you guys stop thinking of Boko Haram as some bushmen without training, they have thousands of member and maybe tens if not hundreds of backers in high place of government. They receive financial backing and training from those backers and that means that this guys are more than a match for the military, our governments incompetence is whats leading to this crises and barring this APC vs PDP bullshit people should vote in someone who is COMPETENT. If someone like Adesina (Agricultural Minister) ran for president i will vote him in in a heartbeat because he is COMPETENT, he has performed above and beyond in his field, which is something you cannot say for a majority of those in Nigeria's government today.

2 Likes

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by chudionu58(f): 11:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
Please I would like to be permanently cleared on something... Who services and fuels the Telecom masts in all these borno villages like Gamboru,Ngala,Gwoza, even Damboa...How come villagers(sources!) always call from those hinterlands!! I heard they also receive weak telecom service from nearby cameroun(Orange) but how do they get the recharge cards!!!! Borno peepz abeg I need answers
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Lathunjimi(m): 11:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
chudionu58: Please I would like to be permanently cleared on something... Who services.and fuels the Telecom masts in all these borno villages like Gamboru,Ngala,Gwoza, even Damboa,... how come villagers(sources!) always call from those hinterlands!! I heard they also receive weak telecom service from nearby cameroun(Orange) but how do they get the recharge cards!!!! Borno peepz abeg I need answers

Haba I expect u to know that they have strong sponsors that got their back anytime... reminds me of the Tyrant's words Gen. Sanni Abacha. "No nonsense man himself"

1 Like

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Balyz: 11:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
meanwhile
http://saharareporters.com/2014/09/01/boko-haram-takes-over-bama

eports emerging from Bama, in Borno State, indicate that Boko Haram militants have taken over control of the city.

The state’s second-largest city was attacked earlier today by the militants. That first attack was initially repelled by Nigerian troops, but the militants appear to have returned in greater force, leading some of the soldiers to follow fleeing civilians in an effort to escape. Nigerian soldiers

Residents are saying tonight that Boko Haram has completely overrun the city and hoisted its flag in the city center.

A Nigeria military statement credited to General Chris Olukolade didn’t offer much hope for Bama, as the terse statement merely stated that the attack on Bama was “being repelled.”

An intelligence source said reinforcements were underway to Bama from Maiduguri, but our own sources said only a few soldiers, in four armored tanks, were seen near Yezaram River. He added that the unit was in no way capable of re-taking Bama from the militants.

SaharaReporters had reported earlier about soldiers fleeing the battle into Maiduguri after being overwhelmed by the invading Islamists. Their barracks also received friendly fire from an Air Force jet.

Over 100 injured soldiers are receiving treatment at the MRS Hospital in Maimalari Barracks. Several soldiers have died while others are still missing.
S
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by JEITO: 11:52pm On Sep 01, 2014
Na wa o! Shey dis guys no dey die finish ni

Abi na those boss for those olden days American war film against vietnamese soldiers wey dem no dey die finish undecided
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Litmus: 12:37am On Sep 02, 2014
[size=14pt]Nigerian army 'inflicts heavy casualties' on Boko Haram[/size]

The Nigerian army says it has repelled an attack by Islamist militants Boko Haram on the village of Bama in the country's north-east.

The rebels tried to storm the town on Monday morning, officials said.

Security sources were quoted as saying dozens of fighters had been killed, but this has not been confirmed.

Boko Haram recently announced it had established an Islamic state in the towns and villages it controls in north-eastern Nigeria.

The town of Bama is 70km (44 miles) from the capital of Borno state, Maiduguri.

"There was an attempt by the Boko Haram people to enter and capture Bama. But thank God for the efforts of the soldiers stationed near the mobile police unit who were able to repel them,'' one witness, Mohammed Bunu Ahmed, told Reuters news agency.

However, many of the town's residents have fled because of the fighting.

The group's five-year insurgency has intensified in recent months despite the deployment of thousands of extra troops to the worst-affected areas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-29021037

1 Like

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by peres245: 1:06am On Sep 02, 2014
meforyou1: Nigerian Millitary, I urge you - kill them all. Take no prisoners.
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by deeobserver209(m): 1:53am On Sep 02, 2014
I have complete faith in the Nigerian military to defeat Boko Haram.
More grease to Nigerian Army.
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by RaptorX: 1:55am On Sep 02, 2014
Who can blame soldiers for not wanting to
die for a country like Nigeria, how can you expect patriotism from soldiers, while the political class is stealing the nation blind.

Fifty + yrs of corrupt and rudderless leadership is finally catching up with the country, the fedora hat wearing president better start pleading for western airstrikes b4 they overrun Abuja and sack him from aso rock, and who is gonna stop them ? The NA? Every ethnic group better also start forming their own armed militias, cause water go soon pass garri.

The US prediction of Nigeria breaking up by 2015 doesn't sound far fetched anymore, they probably saw our future through remote viewing, dont underestimate the US intelligence agencies.
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by DonaldGenes(m): 2:16am On Sep 02, 2014
tokunboh: At last, the truth is being reported! The real figure is more than 45 though but I am just glad the boko basterrds are being re-united with their virgins.

Lol
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by 18wheeler: 4:06am On Sep 02, 2014
okonja:
If you were along Water Treatment plant area, 202/Unimaid axis, you would see the soldiers yourself, anyway welcome back. sad
oh... I see. I only visit that axis weekends. too much stress crossing Lagos street weekdays. thanks.
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by kabba7(m): 4:29am On Sep 02, 2014
Samueldo: Thank God they were unable to take over Bama. Well done Gallant NA

HONESTLY I JUST BEGIN TO GET REALLY SORRY FOR THE NIGERIAN ARMY PERSONEL , HERE IS A VIRANT FIIGHTING ARMY BUT BECAUSE THEY ARE NOW UNDER A DUMB COMMANDER -IN- THIEF ( CHIEF )

THEY ARE NOW.AT THE WORST DISOLUTIONED LEVEL OF THIER LIVES.

YOU REPEL A RAG TAG GROUP OF TERRORISTS AND WANT TO CELEBRATE .

celebrating shame !!

2 Likes

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by bundur(m): 4:50am On Sep 02, 2014
Its a lie Im currently in Maiduguri n news reaching us is dat all d soldiers hav fled n boko boys hav taken over Bama
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by kabba7(m): 5:07am On Sep 02, 2014
[quote author=bundur]Its a lie Im currently in Maiduguri n news reaching us is dat all d soldiers hav fled n boko boys hav taken over Bama

No the soldiers did not run all they have done is a tactical dogde just that many could be pooing in thier trousers ..in General Olu's voice
.how is bulunku is there still wuta wuta greet mama Yohana and others

1 Like

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by olajide8(m): 5:56am On Sep 02, 2014
texaco1: the simple undiluted truth is that this case has gotten out of hand and from all indications it will be very difficult to dislodge boko haram quickly from borno and that is even if they don't make more incursions into other states. We may well have to accept the fact that they are here to stay ,with the way the fg is combating them.
Hmmm* thou I beg to differ "with regards to the - here to stay statement" - I am of the belief, that these guys want to enjoy whatever they loot when they leave power (Presidency and the service chiefs) - and because of this, they are not doing the need-ful - people within that area know theirs a war and they would either be killed by the insurgents that's, if they don't leave, so they to me want to die- we also know that for their to be peace, their has to be collateral damage from the nigerian army- so what's stopping the order-
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by olajide8(m): 6:22am On Sep 02, 2014
hansad: Note that GEJ swore to protect you and all of us from invaders bearing in mind that Nigeria's instrument of coercion - the armed forces - shall provide the firing power to do the defence job. But when the armed forces is divided due to religious loyalty, as is the case now, do you expect GEJ to defend us and Nigeria's integrity with his bare hands? Or why has Nigeria army been unable to defeat Boko Haram since? If your Boko comrades did not declare war against GEJ administration RIGHT FROM DAY ONE, GEJ administration could have gone far in providing the amenities you enumerated. GEJ has outperformed his prdecessors by all standards, only thing is that bigots like you who want to return Nigeria to the hands of known haters of democracy and religious extremists remain blind.
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by olajide8(m): 6:23am On Sep 02, 2014
hansad: Note that GEJ swore to protect you and all of us from invaders bearing in mind that Nigeria's instrument of coercion - the armed forces - shall provide the firing power to do the defence job. But when the armed forces is divided due to religious loyalty, as is the case now, do you expect GEJ to defend us and Nigeria's integrity with his bare hands? Or why has Nigeria army been unable to defeat Boko Haram since? If your Boko comrades did not declare war against GEJ administration RIGHT FROM DAY ONE, GEJ administration could have gone far in providing the amenities you enumerated. GEJ has outperformed his prdecessors by all standards, only thing is that bigots like you who want to return Nigeria to the hands of known haters of democracy and religious extremists remain blind.
What a shallow minded point of view, from a Pro-GEJ(est)- firstly, I am not a muslim and I am sure a better christian then you- as commander in chief who hires and fires "like in the past" fire who should be fired in the military-if the job is not done and hire who would get the job done- no sentiments, moreso do the thwarts BH know who has sentiments for them or not? At least we know families that shouldn't loose loved ones are loosing them by the day, due to this senseless delay of decision making. He should make timely decisions, and stop wasting time -for every second that passes these thwarts gain an upper hand and to correct your mopic(ness) the military is not a force of coercion its a force to protect our territorial integrity, from outside and within
Secondly, excuses plus effort is equal to no performance and the only yardstick for measurement of performance is result- so to me he has not performed, and construction of roads is the governments responsibility and not a favour, power is governments responsibility and not a favour, doing them extensively and delivering on them would show he is efficient-
All jonathan's economic policies are fashioned from abacha's policies - which to me, were one of the best, but the methods of implementation - below per.
Thirdly, stating an example- the ebola fund this government set aside, we heard the minister of health said it was for the purchase of logistics vehicles rather then build first class isolation center's - is it until you are affected directly that you would start to think with your head and not your feet*
I may still need to take you up on the performance of past administrations versus the present one ceteris paribus*

4 Likes

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 02, 2014
Good! Teach them a deadly lesson.
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by nothingbutruth: 6:55am On Sep 02, 2014
kabba7:

HONESTLY I JUST BEGIN TO GET REALLY SORRY FOR THE NIGERIAN ARMY PERSONEL , HERE IS A VIRANT FIIGHTING ARMY BUT BECAUSE THEY ARE NOW UNDER A DUMB COMMANDER -IN- THIEF ( CHIEF )

THEY ARE NOW.AT THE WORST DISOLUTIONED LEVEL OF THIER LIVES.

YOU REPEL A RAG TAG GROUP OF TERRORISTS AND WANT TO CELEBRATE .

celebrating shame !!

Apparently you don't know the meaning of RAG TAG.
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by texaco1: 6:59am On Sep 02, 2014
If boko haram continues this way,then it is just a matter of time before the military will take over from gej. BecaUse it is obvious he can't handle the situation . I am sure some generals will be harbouring and nursing this idea now .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Is Nigeria's President Buhari Still In London? BBC / The Look On Amaechi's Face At The Ministerial Retreat / Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.